Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#65898 Dec 13, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. DMT: The Spirit Molecule. I read that book. Fascinating! I also read the Scole Experiment, a five year investigation into life after death.
I think that OBE, NDE are just the brains way of dealing with traumatic events.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#65899 Dec 13, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I think that OBE, NDE are just the brains way of dealing with traumatic events.
And if there was no traumatic event regarding an OOBE?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#65900 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>And if there was no traumatic event regarding an OOBE?
possibly
http://recordofawakening.com/2012/04/21/relea...
DMT through Meditation

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#65901 Dec 13, 2012
Matthew 6:19-24 - Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal; for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

If I was an atheist and had nothing to live for, I'd be a glutton about amassing material things too. They want to get as much as they can before it's all over.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#65902 Dec 14, 2012
You believe in spirit mediums as well?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are stupid enough to be unwitting hypocrites. Conventional science arose out of a religious world filled with "witchcraft". It began as a protection from, and a defense against some of the mysteries of the natural world. It has since found itself denying the realities it was designed to tame. It worships skepticism, until skepticism is applied to its hypotheses, procedures, or methods, that is. Hypocrisy.

Lexington, KY

#65903 Dec 14, 2012
After you go to church you watch football you mean.
obama sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch football on sunday. dingus.

Lexington, KY

#65904 Dec 14, 2012
Listen this metaphysical nonsense is childish. I still have a certificate stating I am a hypnotist. I used to hang with lots of you metaphysical junkies I have seen and heard it all.

I have a whole shelf of books going on and on about this.

Bottom line there is nothing to any of it. It's make believe for adults nothing more.
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to explain metaphysical concepts to a bunch of clueless atheists is like trying to explain the combustion engine to a tribe of Toulambi villagers.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#65905 Dec 14, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>And if there was no traumatic event regarding an OOBE?
Loss of oxygen to the brain in any way is traumatic for the brain.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65906 Dec 14, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to explain metaphysical concepts to a bunch of clueless atheists is like trying to explain the combustion engine to a tribe of Toulambi villagers.
All things labeled as "metaphysical" have been demonstrated to be scams. Do you have something that can actually produce the same results almost every time? Because that would be a first in all of known history.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65907 Dec 14, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Research continues to bring new insights in the new brain millennium. Neurons have a cell body, which contains extensions called axons that pass a message through an electrical impulse generating neural signals in split components. Encased in a protective skeletal structure, the sensory column segragates motor neurons that can alter amnesia in rats.
Does this make any sense? Neither do your comments. That's what happens when you cobble information from a web site and try to put it in your own words, fool!
Such a bold assertion, yet no evidence of it. Funny that, you love those assertions without evidence.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#65908 Dec 14, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not a scientist. You are a follower of science. You don't have to do anything but nod your head in agreement.
Keep believing that.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#65909 Dec 14, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not a scientist. You are a follower of science. You don't have to do anything but nod your head in agreement.
I have been a reasearch mathematician for the last 25+ years. I am trained in physics and have worked as a physicist at an accelerator lab. I discuss the ramifications of various experiments on the different hypotheses that are current. My main interest is astrophysics, but there are also applications to accelerator physics in what I have done.

Try again.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#65910 Dec 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a bold assertion, yet no evidence of it. Funny that, you love those assertions without evidence.
That's all metaphysics ever is: bold assertions without evidence.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#65911 Dec 14, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, Infinite Donut Guy.

Infinite quantites in reality - now that's less credible than metaphysics - and you have claimed it numerous times. It's less credible because it's impossible.

There is an abundance of "evidence" for what is considered "metaphysics".

You are a fucking liar, by the way.

Location hidden

#65912 Dec 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
All things labeled as "metaphysical" have been demonstrated to be scams. Do you have something that can actually produce the same results almost every time? Because that would be a first in all of known history.
Yes, I do have something.

And no, it is not a first.

And no, it has not been demonstrated to be a scam. Ask scientists privately what they think. It's a different answer.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Location hidden

#65913 Dec 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not after a while.

Location hidden

#65914 Dec 14, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
It scares them shitless.

They would have to admit something might exist that they cannot measure. Their measurements have advanced to the point they think nothing else can exist. Hence - the arrogance.

They want to assume for us all - to be the official gatekeepers of knowledge. Besides, the ones on Topix are full of shit anyway.

Location hidden

#65915 Dec 14, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the infinite universe? Multiverses?

Your religion is showing, Plymouth.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#65916 Dec 14, 2012
Wrong as usual, you Village People stunt double.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Infinite quantites in reality - now that's less credible than metaphysics - and you have claimed it numerous times. It's less credible because it's impossible.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65917 Dec 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Another wild claim without any bases in fact. You're chock full of them.

Michelle Funk, a drowning victim, fell into the icy waters of Bell Canyon Creek in Utah as a child. Today she's a normal adult and shows no signs of her traumatic experience - no brain injury from oxygen deprivation even after 62 minutes under water. Moted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min ChristineM 232,012
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Even Steven 1,049
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,456
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 13 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 13 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 13 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Thu QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE