Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66131 Dec 20, 2012
John wrote:
Oh great multiple loons submitting nothing. Rose, Obama is an obvious failure and your support is congruent with the rest of your agenda. No evidence, but full support.
If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
There is no evidence Rose has a conscience.
Therefore, Rose has no conscience.
-How daring of Rose and Drew to offer to debate their disbelief LOL.
Does a bang need a banger Drew? Your "big bang" does not have universal support or evidence. It also skips steps, but we covered that years ago. You like to revisit said to duck an accountable position.
Let's compare the evidences of a prime mover vs your ??????. Oh yeah, you are the guy with no evidence in a forum about nothing.
Do continue failing to provide any evidence at all that meets your criteria for evidence in this arena.
Nothing Bless
"Prime mover?" Are there actual giant footprints in the Earth that it left? A hair sample? Just some kind of evidence would do.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66132 Dec 20, 2012
John wrote:
Something from nothing is a scientific impossibility. Sort out your nothing and I'll wait to make the rational case for the something. Of course, all you will come back with is superfluous nonsense.
Nope, not anymore. Quantum physics we see things pop into existence all the time. Try harder, I know it hurts your brain to think, but just try.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66133 Dec 20, 2012
I believe you're a noncetastic fuckstain.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
What a wanker. You loons love diversions from your forum about nothing. Sheep like to be herded and controlled. Ask your government what you should do next LOL. Whereas your lot butchers them before they get to six. Save your drama for your lib friends.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66134 Dec 20, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
NDEs?
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
<quoted text>
Science says you started from nothing and guess what? You still have most of it left.
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66135 Dec 20, 2012
When one person reports a precognitive dream, it is simple enough to dismiss, particularly if unverified. But when large segments of each generation throughout history report such phenomena, when scientists in their own times come across such reports, we have another situation entirely. These are events that by their nature happen to people in their private moments. To dismiss such a range of experience is to be close minded.

It is one thing to state unequivocally that such events are most difficult to assess scientifically, but quite another to deny their common recurrence in human behavior, or to dismiss "all" paranormal events as fabrication, hallucination, or the natural reaction to drugs or shock. It is also close to stupidity to continue using methods directly in conflict with such abilities in an attempt to prove their validity. Science often engages in experiments that typically screen out "unpredictable" human behavior.

The only way to study the precognitive dreaming phenonmena is to interview people who experience these dreams. Explaining it away as mere coincidence is hardly being objective.
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66136 Dec 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not anymore. Quantum physics we see things pop into existence all the time. Try harder, I know it hurts your brain to think, but just try.
Okay. Now tell us why and how these things "pop" into existence.
John

United States

#66137 Dec 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Prime mover?" Are there actual giant footprints in the Earth that it left? A hair sample? Just some kind of evidence would do.
So, you are sticking with your nothing then. How predictable. Fine with me, it is your forum about nothing. Keep on exposing your lunacy.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#66138 Dec 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I believe you're a noncetastic fuckstain.
<quoted text>
That will make everyone buy into your impossible charade. The lies and bigotry of the antitheist are here for all to see!

*poof* another magic universe sprung from nothing LOL. Freethinking my ass lmao.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66139 Dec 20, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
When one person reports a precognitive dream, it is simple enough to dismiss, particularly if unverified. But when large segments of each generation throughout history report such phenomena, when scientists in their own times come across such reports, we have another situation entirely. These are events that by their nature happen to people in their private moments. To dismiss such a range of experience is to be close minded.
It is one thing to state unequivocally that such events are most difficult to assess scientifically, but quite another to deny their common recurrence in human behavior, or to dismiss "all" paranormal events as fabrication, hallucination, or the natural reaction to drugs or shock. It is also close to stupidity to continue using methods directly in conflict with such abilities in an attempt to prove their validity. Science often engages in experiments that typically screen out "unpredictable" human behavior.
The only way to study the precognitive dreaming phenonmena is to interview people who experience these dreams. Explaining it away as mere coincidence is hardly being objective.
Find such a verifiable event for us, then we'll talk.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66140 Dec 20, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Now tell us why and how these things "pop" into existence.
I don't know, ask a quantum physicist, one of them told me and explained it with some maths.
John

United States

#66141 Dec 20, 2012
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 63,460 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66142 Dec 20, 2012
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence w....
So, you have no evidence.

Since: Mar 11

Salem, IN

#66143 Dec 20, 2012
I don't know what science book you read that from freak. You believe in NDEs!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!

What a moron!
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Science says you started from nothing and guess what? You still have most of it left.

Salem, IN

#66144 Dec 20, 2012
Large segments? Hardly. But even if say large segments of Muslims who report NDEs all day Muhammad and the hoy she camel of Allah was waiting for them it doesn't prove they exist. All that would show is like minded people would be comforted by the delusions they had been fed all their lives.

Catholics don't see Muhammad, Muslims do not see Jesus, Protestants don't see mother Mary and retards like you don't see reason.

You believe in NDEs! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
postscriptt wrote:
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66145 Dec 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, ask a quantum physicist, one of them told me and explained it with some maths.
All fluff and no stuff. Figures.
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66146 Dec 20, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Large segments? Hardly. But even if say large segments of Muslims who report NDEs all day Muhammad and the hoy she camel of Allah was waiting for them it doesn't prove they exist. All that would show is like minded people would be comforted by the delusions they had been fed all their lives.
Catholics don't see Muhammad, Muslims do not see Jesus, Protestants don't see mother Mary and retards like you don't see reason.
You believe in NDEs! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
<quoted text>
I'd explain it to you, but your pea brain would explode.

Scottsburg, IN

#66147 Dec 20, 2012
Unable to refute what I said. Check.
Lame insult desperately trying to redirect. Check.

Chalk up another all to easy win for GML :)
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd explain it to you, but your pea brain would explode.
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66148 Dec 20, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Unable to refute what I said. Check.
Lame insult desperately trying to redirect. Check.
Chalk up another all to easy win for GML :)
<quoted text>
Don't worrry. If you wear a wig, nobody will see your lobotomy scar.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#66149 Dec 21, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worrry. If you wear a wig, nobody will see your lobotomy scar.
I bet you're another creationist troll with no proof of god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#66150 Dec 21, 2012
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 63,460 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Large block of rambling cr*p...check
No proof of god...check.

It must be john.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Hedonist Heretic 58,270
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 56 min Hedonist Heretic 1,959
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 1 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,950
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Regolith Based Li... 27,337
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 6 hr Eagle 12 57
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 9 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 171
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 20 hr IB DaMann 5,963
More from around the web