Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#65610 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME evidence is enough to convince you that evolution is real and yet you have the gall to demand absolute evidence that God is real.
Your logic is rather skewed.
Not a good comparison.
And you don't even see why.
BTW, what about ANY evidence that god is real?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#65611 Dec 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide any evidence at all that hell exists.
:::crickets chirping:::
If God exists, hell exists. Science can't disprove the existence of God. That's evidence enough for many people.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#65612 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME evidence is enough to convince you that evolution is real and yet you have the gall to demand absolute evidence that God is real.
Your logic is rather skewed.
I'd settle for ANY, as long as it's independently verifiable.

But you go ahead and make up whatever apologetic excuse you need to maintain your delusions.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#65613 Dec 7, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you got rid of me, eh?
Hey digitaldan! These atheistic loony's will try to block your posts if you challenge their fairy tales. That's how easily threatened they are by common sense.
This is Topix. I'm a Forum editor and even I can't "block" anybody's posts. Why do you feel such a need to create strawman arguments?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#65614 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
If God exists, hell exists. Science can't disprove the existence of God. That's evidence enough for many people.
And if hell exists, your deity is a sadist and so is anybody who would even consider worshiping such a horrid deity.

Los Angeles, CA

#65615 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not into that whole "logic" thing are you?
Do you have any evidence hell exists, or not?
If you do present it, if not, why not just admit it?

Location hidden

#65616 Dec 7, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd settle for ANY, as long as it's independently verifiable.
But you go ahead and make up whatever apologetic excuse you need to maintain your delusions.
Evolution has never been independently verified. When a scientific premise is flawed to begin with, entire fields of study based on that premise end up to be conclusively wrong.

Location hidden

#65617 Dec 7, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
And if hell exists, your deity is a sadist and so is anybody who would even consider worshiping such a horrid deity.
Atheists are sadists. You only have to read Hitler's utterly incoherent neo-Darwinian ravings and remember his death camps to comprehend just how low atheistic immorality can go.

Los Angeles, CA

#65618 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is just another word for fatalism.
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.

Los Angeles, CA

#65619 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are sadists. You only have to read Hitler's utterly incoherent neo-Darwinian ravings and remember his death camps to comprehend just how low atheistic immorality can go.
Kind of like the Crusades...
Oh wait,
or 9/11...

Los Angeles, CA

#65620 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Godwin's Law

Location hidden

#65621 Dec 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like the Crusades...
Oh wait,
or 9/11...
The point is, sadism can't be assigned to specific gods or cultures when you can find examples of it everywhere.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#65622 Dec 7, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, where is it? Nothing is evidence to you. This is your forum so provide some evidence. If you want to debate my accountable position of something vs your nothing make your case.
All you loons are simple bigots. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
You don't have a position, you just have an assertion.
Mr Smartypants

Mayer, MN

#65623 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler never renounced his Catholicism and actually mentions God several times in Mein Kampf. Not to mention the Nazi soldiers, who were mostly Catholic and Lutheran, who went to war with "Gott mit uns" on their belts.

Idiot.
Mr Smartypants

Mayer, MN

#65624 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has never been independently verified. When a scientific premise is flawed to begin with, entire fields of study based on that premise end up to be conclusively wrong.
Yes it has, Cretinist. Every time some scientist does radioactive dating or something like that, it corroborates something else. It's pretty much THE basic theory that ties life sciences together. I'd rather trust a paleontologist who got his Ph.D. from MIT or CalTech than some idiot on the Internet who doesn't know squat about real science.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65625 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, sadism can't be assigned to specific gods or cultures when you can find examples of it everywhere.
Considering you think Adolf got his ideas from Darwin, all your assertions on the subject are irrelevant.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65626 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fruit flies.

The flu virus.

AIDS

MRSA

Horse

Cow

Corn

Banana

Top of my head of things we have seen evolve, some of which we need to survive. Please, post your next stupid assertion.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65627 Dec 7, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fruit flies.
The flu virus.
AIDS
MRSA
Horse
Cow
Corn
Banana
Top of my head of things we have seen evolve, some of which we need to survive. Please, post your next stupid assertion.
Evolve into what?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#65628 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gott Mit Uns.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#65629 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
150 year of independent verification by researchers all over the world from all religious backgrounds and all socio-political environments.

Sorry you apparently don't know enough about it to understand, but that's your problem.

Baylor University, one of the finest Christians Universities in the World --

"Evolution, a foundational principle of modern biology, is supported by overwhelming scientific evidence and is accepted by the vast majority of scientists. Because it is fundamental to the understanding of modern biology, the faculty in the Biology Department at Baylor University, Waco, TX, teach evolution throughout the biology curriculum. We are in accordance with the American Association for Advancement of Science's statement on evolution. We are a science department, so we do not teach alternative hypotheses or philosophically deduced theories that cannot be tested rigorously."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 21 min Larry 1,015
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min ChristineM 229,927
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 6 hr Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. 6 hr Thinking 87
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 21 hr I can read 22,981
Islam for peace, or violence? 21 hr Thinking 26
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE