Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
John

Saint Louis, MO

#65590 Dec 7, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then where is this evidence?
Yeah, where is it? Nothing is evidence to you. This is your forum so provide some evidence. If you want to debate my accountable position of something vs your nothing make your case.

All you loons are simple bigots. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#65591 Dec 7, 2012
BBSting wrote:
If Richard Dawkins can say he can't be certain that God doesn't exist, so can you.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21058...
But you quote the Daily Mail - a publication known for its propensity to mislead.

Prof Dawkins didn't 'admit' being an atheist. He hasn't claimed to be anything else. Like me perhaps, it probably doesn't bother him if people wish to think of him as an atheist or an agnostic. Atheist & agnostic define people in terms of religious beliefs in god(s), of which he has none.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/agnostic

He clearly doesn't believe in any Abrahamic god(s). Nor any of these..
http://www.godchecker.com/
I think the point he tries to make is that whether one is religious, agnostic or atheist one would accept the existence of a god if it was proven scientifically, beyond a reasonable doubt. Such evidence doesn't exist. And further, that in the absense of such evidence, such beliefs are at best superstitious. At worst they are delusional, divisive or even dangerous.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#65592 Dec 7, 2012
The scientific standard you subscribe to has meant nothing in this arena is evidence to you. Fine, move on. A forum about nothing isn't necessary.

Of course you need to go further and attempt to marginalize belief using the term superstition. Faith can be reasoned. In fact, belief in a higher power can be completely reasonable from many perspectives in and out of science. Does it meet your standard LOL. Of course not. Nothing does.

What is ridiculous is the nothing you loons keep trotting out. Shall we compare your nothing to my something? You can't. Your forum is filled with intellectual cowards.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#65593 Dec 7, 2012
Who will be next to parrot this nothing nonsense? Rose, Drew, Septic?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#65594 Dec 7, 2012
John wrote:
The scientific standard you subscribe to has meant nothing in this arena is evidence to you. Fine, move on. A forum about nothing isn't necessary.
Of course you need to go further and attempt to marginalize belief using the term superstition. Faith can be reasoned. In fact, belief in a higher power can be completely reasonable from many perspectives in and out of science. Does it meet your standard LOL. Of course not. Nothing does.
What is ridiculous is the nothing you loons keep trotting out. Shall we compare your nothing to my something? You can't. Your forum is filled with intellectual cowards.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
Oh look, it's another idiot thiest with no proof of god, who lies about atheists at any and every opportunity.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#65595 Dec 7, 2012
John wrote:
Wow! You're rattled, aren't you?
:-)

Religion = superstition
Relax and get over it...

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/WhyIamanAth...
"..I began to question everything. In hindsight, losing my virginity was a breeze. Losing my religion took me a whole year to get over!..." Unquote.

Religion gets people into such a muddle. People don't 'lose faith', they see religious faith for what it is - superstition. That's all.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#65596 Dec 7, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
When people resort to nothing more than ad hominem attacks, it's a sure indication that they've lost the argument and know it.
Do you mean like this? Post #1438 "Quotes from Famous Freethinkers

Hedonist wrote: "You supposed quote is one line out of context and surrounded by a bunch of hogwash."

Location hidden

#65597 Dec 7, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
We do.
I also can't be 100% certain that there are not fairies at the bottom of the well in my garden who are keeping everything growing. But the idea is still too absurd to warrant serious consideration.
And yet, you are willing to accept the ludricrous idea that life came from dead matter!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#65598 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, you are willing to accept the ludricrous idea that life came from dead matter!
At least there's SOME evidence that biological evolution is real. No matter how tenuous it is, it's still a far cry more evidence than there is for a magical **poof** from an invisible sky deity.

Location hidden

#65599 Dec 7, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>But you quote the Daily Mail - a publication known for its propensity to mislead.
Prof Dawkins didn't 'admit' being an atheist. He hasn't claimed to be anything else. Like me perhaps, it probably doesn't bother him if people wish to think of him as an atheist or an agnostic. Atheist & agnostic define people in terms of religious beliefs in god(s), of which he has none.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/agnostic
He clearly doesn't believe in any Abrahamic god(s). Nor any of these..
http://www.godchecker.com/
I think the point he tries to make is that whether one is religious, agnostic or atheist one would accept the existence of a god if it was proven scientifically, beyond a reasonable doubt. Such evidence doesn't exist. And further, that in the absense of such evidence, such beliefs are at best superstitious. At worst they are delusional, divisive or even dangerous.
You are reading things into the article that aren't there.

The ludicrous idea that nothing exists unless it is first studied and confirmed by science is likewise delusional and devisive.

Location hidden

#65600 Dec 7, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, it's another idiot thiest with no proof of god, who lies about atheists at any and every opportunity.
There are many reasons why people call themselves atheists. In your case, your irreligious zealotry masks a fear of hell.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#65601 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean like this? Post #1438 "Quotes from Famous Freethinkers
Hedonist wrote: "You supposed quote is one line out of context and surrounded by a bunch of hogwash."
No, you obviously don't know what an ad hominem is.

My post was still a statement directed to the content of the post, not to the person.

An ad hominem is an attack against the CHARACTER of person.

Location hidden

#65602 Dec 7, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
At least there's SOME evidence that biological evolution is real. No matter how tenuous it is, it's still a far cry more evidence than there is for a magical **poof** from an invisible sky deity.
SOME evidence is enough to convince you that evolution is real and yet you have the gall to demand absolute evidence that God is real.
Your logic is rather skewed.

Location hidden

#65603 Dec 7, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you obviously don't know what an ad hominem is.
My post was still a statement directed to the content of the post, not to the person.
An ad hominem is an attack against the CHARACTER of person.
It is also "appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect." The word hogwash is your personal prejudice.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#65604 Dec 7, 2012
BBSting wrote:
If Richard Dawkins can say he can't be certain that God doesn't exist, so can you.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21058...
I'm certain god does not exist. If he did, there would be evidence of his existence. So much evidence, we wouldn't be having this debate.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65605 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME evidence is enough to convince you that evolution is real and yet you have the gall to demand absolute evidence that God is real.
Your logic is rather skewed.
Thought you got rid of me, eh?

Hey digitaldan! These atheistic loony's will try to block your posts if you challenge their fairy tales. That's how easily threatened they are by common sense.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65606 Dec 7, 2012
Art is an act of the soul, not the intellect. No famous artists were atheists and most notable modern artists are agnostic primarily because of their close association with inexplicable inspiration. They knew and still know from personal experience that inspiration is not a product of the brain, but something that exists outside of it. They regularly tap into a stream of impressions that flows beneath the surface of normal consciousness.

Location hidden

#65607 Dec 7, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you got rid of me, eh?
Hey digitaldan! These atheistic loony's will try to block your posts if you challenge their fairy tales. That's how easily threatened they are by common sense.
Thanks for the warning. I'm quite familiar with the tactics of the delusional. I've got my tricks too. This isn't my first Topix rodeo.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#65608 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many reasons why people call themselves atheists. In your case, your irreligious zealotry masks a fear of hell.
Provide any evidence at all that hell exists.
:::crickets chirping:::

Location hidden

#65609 Dec 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certain god does not exist. If he did, there would be evidence of his existence. So much evidence, we wouldn't be having this debate.
Atheism is just another word for fatalism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 22 min what 781
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min ChristineM 231,743
10) Experts debate reality of God (May '10) 11 hr Morse 8,934
"No Master! No God!" - Isms, Religion and Atheism (Aug '13) 17 hr God worships Sin ... 2
Siro is writing a new book 19 hr Siro 2
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 19 hr Friend of all 14,431
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 22 hr Morse 1,418

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE