Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,136)

Showing posts 62,701 - 62,720 of70,907
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Life wasn't always here, now it's here. So, it had to come from non living matter. And there is plenty of evidence to support evolution.
<quoted text>
And you know this...how?
Consciousness creates form anytime - anywhere. There is no fossil record to support the theory of evolution. If you are willing to believe the fable anyway - you should have no problem accepting the notion that Moses parted the Red Sea.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think Christians are afraid of dying? LOL. They believe in god and heaven BECAUSE they are afraid of dying.
Also, Buddhists are atheists, they believe in a life after this one.
Christians have the promise of a heavenworld to work towards in life. Atheists have nothing.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know this...how?
"Many-worlds implies that all possible alternative histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). It is also referred to as MWI, the relative state formulation, the Everett interpretation, the theory of the universal wavefunction, many-universes interpretation, or just many-worlds."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_inte...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians have the promise of a heavenworld to work towards in life. Atheists have nothing.
Buddhists are atheists, they believe in a life after this one. Reincarnation.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
Consciousness creates form anytime - anywhere. There is no fossil record to support the theory of evolution. If you are willing to believe the fable anyway - you should have no problem accepting the notion that Moses parted the Red Sea.
There is a fossil record that supports evolution, but no evidence Moses existed.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a fossil record that supports evolution, but no evidence Moses existed.
Large gaps in the fossil record that can't be explained away says you're full of it.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhists are atheists, they believe in a life after this one. Reincarnation.
Buddists are not atheists. They don't identify God as a supreme being, but more of an exalted state of consciousness i.e. the clear light of the eternal Buddha They do accept the existence of beings in higher realms however. Devas.

Reincarnation will not save you. The ideas you harbor about the nature of reality in life will strongly color your after death experience for you will interpret events in the light of your beliefs. The fear of death itself can cause such a psychological panic that out of a sense of self-preservation and defense, an individual will lower his consciouness so that he laspes into a coma which may then take some time to recover after transition. Those who do not believe in life after death may find themselves in a state of limbo, the most hindering state of all.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
The way they organize themselves obviously. How many times are you going to repeat the same silly mantra (life came from dead matter) under different identities? You don't prove anything. You simply sound like a broken record.
Atoms organize themselves based on their properties, they aren't doing it with intelligence or will, they react how they do all the time, whether in a living organism or in any other environment. Atoms are not alive, are they? If so, then the rocks that are made up of the same atoms we are live as well. Are rocks alive?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
Large gaps in the fossil record that can't be explained away says you're full of it.
What "large gaps?" There will always be gaps, because not all changes will have an effect on the fossil.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Atoms organize themselves based on their properties, they aren't doing it with intelligence or will, they react how they do all the time, whether in a living organism or in any other environment. Atoms are not alive, are they? If so, then the rocks that are made up of the same atoms we are live as well. Are rocks alive?
There are indeed. They perceive their own reality.

Consciousness is fully capable of energizing, organizing and communicating with matter, including the brain, the body, and other material things. If scientists actually understood the dynamics of being for example, the mind/body relationship, illness would not be seen as a foreign agent thrust upon us.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the idiot who failed to convince anyone that the earth is 6000 years old....
Where did you ever see me argue that point? Does lying make you feel good?
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What "large gaps?" There will always be gaps, because not all changes will have an effect on the fossil.
The missing link is not exactly a needle in a haystack. If science is going to claim that man emerged from primates, the fossil evidence should prove it, but it doesn't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Drew Smith wrote:
The Earth was once incapable of supporting life.
Later, the Earth was capable of supporting life and in fact did support life.
Therefore, life on Earth came from non-life.
<quoted text>
I notice that you've provided no alternative scientific theory as to where life came from, if not from non-life. Why is that?
And you still can't prove what the catalyst was that created life from non-life. Until you do it is all just theoretical musing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think Christians are afraid of dying? LOL. They believe in god and heaven BECAUSE they are afraid of dying.
Also, Buddhists are atheists, they believe in a life after this one.
Just who or what is it that Buddhists believe is responsible for judging them and deciding whether they get to reincarnate, or not, and as "what"? I've studied Buddhism, BTW. "That" implies a supernatural consciousness making a judgement. You are not terribly bright.

I'm used to that on Topix.
Independent

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to all the god-fearing parents who lose their children to terminal illnesses every day. Tell it to the people all over the world starving and praying for food. Yeah, you're more special than all of them.
(PS: your wife's feeling and 'amazing' ability is called adrenaline.)
Look, I can't explain why things happen as they do. I feel terrible for anyone losing a child.Believe it or not some of these experiences bring some closer to their faith as well as lead some to drift. The bible explains that all will be revealed in the end. My wife, although terrified, still does not feel ill will toward her attackers and has forgiven them. I,on the other hand admittedly had some difficulty forgiving them for what they did to my wife, but I found the strength in scripture. I am not a saint, but try to do my best daily.
Independent

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record is littered in gaps and "lost" and missing pieces. Just for starters, where are all the pre existing evolutionary fossils for insects? Insects discovered in sap and supposedly millions of yrs old look exactly as they do today, exactly. Also bats, where are the relatives of bats? or any pre fossils of them?

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

I often wonder if these mouth breathing retards are really this ignorant or are they being purposely obtuse?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Life wasn't always here, now it's here. So, it had to come from non living matter. And there is plenty of evidence to support evolution.
<quoted text>
And you know this...how?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

So you are using the Christian apologetic favorite argument of, if you don't believe in God why you always errr duh talking about him? Couple that with your attempts to divide non believers another apologetic favorite.

Sigh

You're not still pretending to be an agnostic right? Because that would just be wacky if you were miss I have an incurable disease but it just got cured.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't notice God in my posts. BTW, why are you so afraid of something that you believe is not real? Why is it all you ever *talk* about?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

The fossil record is solid and even if it weren't modern generic testing more than proves evolution.

Your sad apologetic creationist bat argument is going on 5 years disproven soundly.

http://m.guardiannews.com/science/2008/feb/13...
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>The fossil record is littered in gaps and "lost" and missing pieces. Just for starters, where are all the pre existing evolutionary fossils for insects? Insects discovered in sap and supposedly millions of yrs old look exactly as they do today, exactly. Also bats, where are the relatives of bats? or any pre fossils of them?
Independent

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
The fossil record is solid and even if it weren't modern generic testing more than proves evolution.
Your sad apologetic creationist bat argument is going on 5 years disproven soundly.
http://m.guardiannews.com/science/2008/feb/13...
<quoted text>
I have seen this in the past, looks like just another extinct bat to me, no developing wings, or feet. Just another extinct bat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 62,701 - 62,720 of70,907
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••