Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
62,661 - 62,680 of 70,959 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 7

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>If science doesn't claim truth then what does it claim.. according to you?
Science claims that religious idiots need to prove the gods they claim exist otherwise years liars.

That's how science works, it tries to get closer to how e work actually works. Your using a computer today that shows just how effective science is.

And in return you have zero evidence for god...and counting...

That's how f*cked up your anti science arguments are. Well what can we expect from a wilfully ignorant creationist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If a theory is testable/falsifiable/provable with repeatedly verified results then it is true/truth. If the results can't be repeated then it is not truth/real. Reality is truth.
That's why your god isn't real. So you do understand.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the evidence that non-living matter is conscious?
Science can't disprove that consciousness creates form. That's the evidence.

"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance and he is about to conquer the highest peak. As he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." - Robert Jastrow, Former Director of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Drew your nothing is as illogical and silly as it was years ago. This is your forum. Are you ready to compare the evidences of your nothing vs my something?

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 62,720 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

"Recent news has shown that the majority of studies geared towards cancer research are inaccurate and fraudulent by nature. Findings published in the journal Nature show that 88% of major studies on cancer that have been published in reputable journals over the years can not be reproduced to show their accuracy. This means that the research findings published are flat out false.

Author of the review and former head of cancer research at Amgen C. Glenn Begley was unable to replicate the results of 47 of the 53 studies he examined. This suggests that researchers are fabricating their findings simply to create the illusion of positive findings instead of publishing their actual results. This ensures the continuation of their steady stream of funding and grants."

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2012/04/2...

So much for peer review and science's noble search for the truth!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>If science doesn't claim truth then what does it claim.. according to you?
Confidence in direct proportion to the independently verifiable evidence available which supports a given scientific position.

Any given scientific position cannot be tested under every circumstance, so scientists never assume that ANY scientific position is infallible (ref: inductive reasoning). A scientific position is accepted as such only for as long as it provides independently verifiable predictive results and is supported by independently verifiable evidence.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Fundies often set up a sort of "Pascal's Wager" when it comes to the origin of the universe. And like the real Pascal's Wager, it sets up a false dichotomy. Either you know exactly how the universe was created via science and can answer any and all questions about it, or the buy-bull's Bronze Age creation myth must be literally true. I admit I don't know exactly how life, the universe and everything began. But I do know the creation story is Genesis is absurd. That story has plants growing before there is a sun. That is impossible. It has a woman being created with a rib from a man, that is impossible, because their DNA would be the same, and our gender is determined by our DNA.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Confidence in direct proportion to the independently verifiable evidence available which supports a given scientific position.
Any given scientific position cannot be tested under every circumstance, so scientists never assume that ANY scientific position is infallible (ref: inductive reasoning). A scientific position is accepted as such only for as long as it provides independently verifiable predictive results and is supported by independently verifiable evidence.
Which in no way implies that just because science cannot detect something, that it cannot exist.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
...How brilliant.
November 11, 2012 9:23 AM
"The Scientific Truth About Climate Change"
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3445_162-57548138...
"Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming"
[Paperback]
Naomi Oreskes (Author), Erik M. M. Conway (Author)
4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (99 customer reviews)|
Goal post fallacy, dismissed.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why your god isn't real. So you do understand.
I didn't notice God in my posts. BTW, why are you so afraid of something that you believe is not real? Why is it all you ever *talk* about?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
F off you neocon creationist pig liar.
You are an embarrassment to intelligent atheists everywhere.
drink The hive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

How Many Tentacles Do U Have In These Dream'?- Might Help Us 2 Narrow The Planet Down...

http://comps.fotosearch.com/bigcomps/CSP/CSP7...

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Okeedoke . I didnt realize that you were Drew

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't notice God in my posts. BTW, why are you so afraid of something that you believe is not real? Why is it all you ever *talk* about?
Why are you so afraid to prove the imaginary bullsh*t you believe in?

Why do you have to lie about atheists and scientists in order to further your cult?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are an embarrassment to intelligent atheists everywhere.
Says the idiot who failed to convince anyone that the earth is 6000 years old or the jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs.

I mean seriously, you deny the existence of fossils, why do you even come to this forum you stupid tw*t?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Okeedoke . I didnt realize that you were Drew
Creationist posing as an agnostic atheist with tag team member nanoanomaly.

Both here to sideline and derail any conversations that become critical of creationism...while claiming to be agnostic...

you're so dishonest it makes me laugh in pity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
Which in no way implies that just because science cannot detect something, that it cannot exist.
You don't need to know everything in order to know something. And the something we know thanks to science is that there's no such thing as the f*cking imaginary god that humans have been proven to have lied about since science came along and kicked the liars a$$es with evidence and experimentation.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to know everything in order to know something. And the something we know thanks to science is that there's no such thing as the f*cking imaginary god that humans have been proven to have lied about since science came along and kicked the liars a$$es with evidence and experimentation.
That's what YOU imagine - not what science knows.

To the atheist, this life is all there is. That's why they are afraid of dying because it means total annihilation. For the religious, living has a purpose and dying is not an end. For the atheist, it's fade to black. Everything they accomplish in life of personal value is of no consequence. At death there will be nothing - as if their living never happened. For all life is worth to the atheist, he may as well live it as a toadstool.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Science does not claim "truth". Religion does.
Buck Crick wrote:
...How brilliant.
November 11, 2012 9:23 AM
"The Scientific Truth About Climate Change"
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3445_162-57548138...
"Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming"
So you've confused journalism with science?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min Dave Nelson 224,053
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Patrick 186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 3 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 4 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 4 hr Patrick 359
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Patrick 21,382
•••
•••