Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#65601 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean like this? Post #1438 "Quotes from Famous Freethinkers
Hedonist wrote: "You supposed quote is one line out of context and surrounded by a bunch of hogwash."
No, you obviously don't know what an ad hominem is.

My post was still a statement directed to the content of the post, not to the person.

An ad hominem is an attack against the CHARACTER of person.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#65602 Dec 7, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
At least there's SOME evidence that biological evolution is real. No matter how tenuous it is, it's still a far cry more evidence than there is for a magical **poof** from an invisible sky deity.
SOME evidence is enough to convince you that evolution is real and yet you have the gall to demand absolute evidence that God is real.
Your logic is rather skewed.

Location hidden

#65603 Dec 7, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you obviously don't know what an ad hominem is.
My post was still a statement directed to the content of the post, not to the person.
An ad hominem is an attack against the CHARACTER of person.
It is also "appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect." The word hogwash is your personal prejudice.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#65604 Dec 7, 2012
BBSting wrote:
If Richard Dawkins can say he can't be certain that God doesn't exist, so can you.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21058...
I'm certain god does not exist. If he did, there would be evidence of his existence. So much evidence, we wouldn't be having this debate.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65605 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME evidence is enough to convince you that evolution is real and yet you have the gall to demand absolute evidence that God is real.
Thought you got rid of me, eh?

Hey digitaldan! These atheistic loony's will try to block your posts if you challenge their fairy tales. That's how easily threatened they are by common sense.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65606 Dec 7, 2012
Art is an act of the soul, not the intellect. No famous artists were atheists and most notable modern artists are agnostic primarily because of their close association with inexplicable inspiration. They knew and still know from personal experience that inspiration is not a product of the brain, but something that exists outside of it. They regularly tap into a stream of impressions that flows beneath the surface of normal consciousness.

Location hidden

#65607 Dec 7, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey digitaldan! These atheistic loony's will try to block your posts if you challenge their fairy tales. That's how easily threatened they are by common sense.
Thanks for the warning. I'm quite familiar with the tactics of the delusional. I've got my tricks too. This isn't my first Topix rodeo.

Los Angeles, CA

#65608 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many reasons why people call themselves atheists. In your case, your irreligious zealotry masks a fear of hell.
Provide any evidence at all that hell exists.
:::crickets chirping:::

Location hidden

#65609 Dec 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certain god does not exist. If he did, there would be evidence of his existence. So much evidence, we wouldn't be having this debate.
Atheism is just another word for fatalism.

Los Angeles, CA

#65610 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a good comparison.
And you don't even see why.
BTW, what about ANY evidence that god is real?

Location hidden

#65611 Dec 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide any evidence at all that hell exists.
If God exists, hell exists. Science can't disprove the existence of God. That's evidence enough for many people.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#65612 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd settle for ANY, as long as it's independently verifiable.

But you go ahead and make up whatever apologetic excuse you need to maintain your delusions.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#65613 Dec 7, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Topix. I'm a Forum editor and even I can't "block" anybody's posts. Why do you feel such a need to create strawman arguments?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#65614 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
If God exists, hell exists. Science can't disprove the existence of God. That's evidence enough for many people.
And if hell exists, your deity is a sadist and so is anybody who would even consider worshiping such a horrid deity.

Los Angeles, CA

#65615 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not into that whole "logic" thing are you?
Do you have any evidence hell exists, or not?
If you do present it, if not, why not just admit it?

Location hidden

#65616 Dec 7, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd settle for ANY, as long as it's independently verifiable.
But you go ahead and make up whatever apologetic excuse you need to maintain your delusions.
Evolution has never been independently verified. When a scientific premise is flawed to begin with, entire fields of study based on that premise end up to be conclusively wrong.

Location hidden

#65617 Dec 7, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
And if hell exists, your deity is a sadist and so is anybody who would even consider worshiping such a horrid deity.
Atheists are sadists. You only have to read Hitler's utterly incoherent neo-Darwinian ravings and remember his death camps to comprehend just how low atheistic immorality can go.

Los Angeles, CA

#65618 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is just another word for fatalism.
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.

Los Angeles, CA

#65619 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are sadists. You only have to read Hitler's utterly incoherent neo-Darwinian ravings and remember his death camps to comprehend just how low atheistic immorality can go.
Kind of like the Crusades...
Oh wait,
or 9/11...

Los Angeles, CA

#65620 Dec 7, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Godwin's Law

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 25 min Shizle 11,062
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min Aura Mytha 20,703
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 2 hr Shizle 23
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 245,183
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 8 hr EdmondWA 14,669
John 3:16 9 hr Thinking 98
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 18 hr Thinking 19
More from around the web