Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#65479 Dec 3, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Why? Don't you judge something to be good if you find it beneficial to your life? Why does "purpose" have anything to do with it?
<quoted text>
Imagine that, you figured out that "good" and "bad" are relative to *specific* purposes. Not to some overarching objective "purpose of life" for everyone.
<quoted text>
I don't see a "universe from nothing". So your question is wrong from the beginning.
Bullshyt. A couple years ago you were espousing Krauss's theory of a universe from nothing....then somebody brought up the fact that virtual particles do not "poof" into existence from "nothing". You are about as relevant as a smoke ring in a snowstorm.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#65480 Dec 3, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
A couple years ago you were espousing Krauss's theory of a universe from nothing
Prove it.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#65481 Dec 3, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't there be large gaps in the fossils we have discovered? Think we have discovered every fossil there is? Think every animal who has died has been fossilized?
Even more so, does every dead animal (or plant, fungus, etc) have an equal likelihood of becoming a fossil? Is the rate of fossilization such that we would expect a continuous record? Do the 'gaps' match what we know about fossilization in general and the likelihood of fossilization in various environments? Are species that live in environments that we would predict to higher rates of fossilization better represented in the record?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#65482 Dec 3, 2012
Says the retard who posted she had less than a year to live from a horrible disease and then poof she's all cured now.

Lmfao!

Hey post those so called atheist doctrines half wit! Go ahead it's probably in your apologetic book. Hurry up now or accept defeat yet again.

We so humiliate you and it's sad you lack the IQ to see it.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad that you have to lie to try and sound intelligent.

Lexington, KY

#65483 Dec 3, 2012
She talks so much Bullsht she can't keep up with it.
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

#65484 Dec 3, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't there be large gaps in the fossils we have discovered? Think we have discovered every fossil there is? Think every animal who has died has been fossilized?
Not every critter, just the ones that would make science's evolutionary fairy tale true.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

#65485 Dec 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Because it was Jesus who did it right?
Rotflmfao!
<quoted text>
Just out of curiosity, do your parents have tails?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#65486 Dec 3, 2012
postscript wrote:
Not every critter, just the ones that would make science's evolutionary fairy tale true.
Quite enough fossils have been found that common ancestry is fully supported by the fossil record:

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC200.h...
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

#65487 Dec 3, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite enough fossils have been found that common ancestry is fully supported by the fossil record:
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC200.h...
Common ancestry? You mean like the fish Coelacanth for example, supposedly extinct 70 million years ago and presented by evolutionists as a "transitional form" between marine and land creatures? It was found alive and well in 1939 near Madagascar, and has been caught about 50 times since? LOL!

There is no reason to believe that fish were radically different eons ago from what they are now. To suggest that they lived long enough in shallow water to turn gills into lungs is absurd hence the lack of transitional forms. Fish are fish. It was true then and it's true now.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#65488 Dec 3, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad that you have to lie to try and sound intelligent.
retard didn't even read it.

Louisville, KY

#65489 Dec 3, 2012
Lmfao after all the times I have factually crushed you? Sigh you make such a jackass out of yourself.

But at least you stopped pretending to be an agnostic. Sheesh that was as convincing as Dave's claim to be a deist!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>retard didn't even read it.

Louisville, KY

#65490 Dec 3, 2012
Jesus waved around his magical fish billions of years ago and made the universe right?

Google up evolution human tailbone before you humiliate yourself further.

You're welcome half wit.
postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiosity, do your parents have tails?

Location hidden

#65492 Dec 4, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Why should I be expected to prove anything to you if scientists don't have to? I remember what you spewed, that's good enough for me.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#65493 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao after all the times I have factually crushed you? Sigh you make such a jackass out of yourself.
But at least you stopped pretending to be an agnostic. Sheesh that was as convincing as Dave's claim to be a deist!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
<quoted text>
Name one, missy.

Louisville, KY

#65494 Dec 4, 2012
You'd like scientists better if they would just say Jesus made everything right half wit?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Why should I be expected to prove anything to you if scientists don't have to? I remember what you spewed, that's good enough for me.

Location hidden

#65495 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
She talks so much Bullsht she can't keep up with it.
<quoted text>
Like I can remember exactly what page it was on...out of hundreds of thousands of them? That's expecting too much.

OTOH, you could very easily prove the dimensions you claimed earlier. >:)

Show us proof or admit you are a liar.

Location hidden

#65496 Dec 4, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Name one, missy.
The delusion is large in that one.
Gstspkr

United States

#65497 Dec 4, 2012
Indy 300M wrote:
<quoted text>
So religion doesn't drive us back to the dark ages. Look at the muslim world. No thanks.
Really, though, it's not so much evangalizing as it is making our presence known, so others don't feel isolated and we can collectively demand our equal rights and a secular government.
You are full of yourself. You are a revolutionary Marxist who believes you have the right to oppress other people and control every aspect of their lives. You believe its fair to take others possessions as long as it gets filtered through your greasy fingers. You believe only you have the answers, through political science, to all of society's ills and don't give a damn to problems that don't fit your drop of perspective. You feel only you have the right to dictate what is seen and heard in the public square. You are only able to embrace what is spoon fed to you, and demand all others must eat from the same pile of crap you do. Ultimately, all you seek is conflict and ultimately you will find it.
Gstspkr

United States

#65498 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
You'd like scientists better if they would just say Jesus made everything right half wit?
<quoted text>
Personally, I would like them to objectively seek answers, instead of government funding to substantiate elitist political agendas. Unfortunately, the scientific method is only a tool to be thrown around while the real objective is the funding ie MONEY.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#65499 Dec 4, 2012
Gstspkr wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I would like them to objectively seek answers, instead of government funding to substantiate elitist political agendas. Unfortunately, the scientific method is only a tool to be thrown around while the real objective is the funding ie MONEY.
You scammers had a free ride for centuries, now pay some taxes like the businesses that you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min JustAGuy 247,218
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 min Thinking 47,747
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min Agents of Corruption 12,415
Proof of God for the Atheist 52 min thetruth 94
Atheism and Evidence of the Exodus 14 hr Amused 25
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 14 hr Amused 15
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 16 hr thetruth 2,352
More from around the web