Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
62,421 - 62,440 of 70,967 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Why?
postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were true, genetic abnormalities would not be passed from one generation to the next.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like the "mysteries of God? Careful you're approaching God speak (laugh)
<quoted text>
If that were true, genetic abnormalities would not be passed from one generation to the next.
<quoted text>
Do you have scientific evidence to support your rather simplistic hypothesis? Or are you like a Christian, merely spinning your own rendition of the origin of life?
<quoted text>
There is no fossil record. Define what you mean by patterns.
Your total lack of genetic understanding is painful to witness.

Every offspring has mutations from the parents, you don't look exactly like your parents do you? That's mutation, every difference between you and your parents ... mutation. Anomalies happen, it's the result of a bad mutation.

You call me simplistic, yet it's you who ignores so much just to make a fallacious statement. Keep it up, it's fun watching you make a complete fool of yourself.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Every offspring has mutations from the parents, you don't look exactly like your parents do you?
The fact that I don't look like my parents is not a genetic abnormality.(laugh) You crack me up!
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Anomalies happen, it's the result of a bad mutation.
Is that what happened to you? Or were you behind the door when God passed out brains?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

I went to school with a guy who was blind and in a wheelchair and wore hearing aids and still could just barely hear. Still he was very intelligent and made fascinating clay sculptures that the school still has on display to this day.

Now in Lil IQ's world that young man due to his disabilities should be left somewhere to die. But what should one expect from that troll?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words, you hate the people that cannot physically match your capability. We are the first species to ever become dominate due to our intelligence, and you want us to give up that trophy to again wallow in the mud.
Hawking offers us a lot of advances, because of his intellect only, and no one capable of physical activity can match his mind. You want to give up all your technology, medicine, and everything else you enjoy just because they can't lift rocks.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Human perception of reality is not the true face of reality because it depends on what we "think" about what we perceive. And what we think depends on what we take to be true. What we take to be true is not necessarily true. Yet so eager are atheists to point out this "human tendency" in the religious - they don't see it in themselves.

To comprehend the function of a part, one must understand the whole.

The scientific method brings together both theory and evidence in order to produce knowledge. However the caliber of that knowledge is wholly dependent upon the perceptions of the observer. In other words, the scientific method is limited by the scientist's perception of reality.

As a species, we are infants as yet, wandering in sheltered cosmic backyards. Outside the box of scientific paradigms and orthodox religious beliefs there is other knowledge available, but only to those who are capable of perceiving it.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Religion is like Santa Claus. I've grown out of it.
postscript wrote:
Human perception of reality is not the true face of reality because it depends on what we "think" about what we perceive. And what we think depends on what we take to be true. What we take to be true is not necessarily true. Yet so eager are atheists to point out this "human tendency" in the religious - they don't see it in themselves.
To comprehend the function of a part, one must understand the whole.
The scientific method brings together both theory and evidence in order to produce knowledge. However the caliber of that knowledge is wholly dependent upon the perceptions of the observer. In other words, the scientific method is limited by the scientist's perception of reality.
As a species, we are infants as yet, wandering in sheltered cosmic backyards. Outside the box of scientific paradigms and orthodox religious beliefs there is other knowledge available, but only to those who are capable of perceiving it.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Survival of the fittest isn't necessarily true in Human evolution. We tend to care for the weak of our species. Which why we should broaden our use of eugenics in society instead of limiting it.
"Survival of the fittest" is a tautology, since there is no way to determine what is "fittest" apart from survival.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

My goodness you are self loathing loons. Postscript keeps beating you back and exposing your illogical nothing. You still have no evidence. You still have no accountable position. You still are bigots afraid to debate the evidence of the prime mover you mock vs something of your own.

Today is a day to give thanks though. Each of you Obama voters should visit a shelter or food bank, they are swamped. Families have no shelter and children no food. The food stamp president and your mind numbingly ignorant votes did that. Shame!

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Cockpuppet.
John wrote:
My goodness you are self loathing loons. Postscript keeps beating you back and exposing your illogical nothing. You still have no evidence. You still have no accountable position. You still are bigots afraid to debate the evidence of the prime mover you mock vs something of your own.
Today is a day to give thanks though. Each of you Obama voters should visit a shelter or food bank, they are swamped. Families have no shelter and children no food. The food stamp president and your mind numbingly ignorant votes did that. Shame!
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that I don't look like my parents is not a genetic abnormality.(laugh) You crack me up!
<quoted text>
Is that what happened to you? Or were you behind the door when God passed out brains?
I did not say abnormality, and technically nothing is really an abnormality, it is just less beneficial in some ways or more beneficial. Life forms do not have "normals," only machines and 3D meshes.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Survival of the fittest" is a tautology, since there is no way to determine what is "fittest" apart from survival.
That is exceptionally excellent point.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exceptionally excellent point.
Thank you. Atheists don't have a point.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Caring for the weaker of your species does make your species more fit. The only way a species genetics could be strong is with diversity, destroying those who are unique, in any way, weakens the species as a whole, and thus would lead to extinction. It is one reason reptiles are less fit, they did not develop the nurturing instincts until later, so their genetic diversity is lower than that of most mammals. Then there is the lack of comprehending what fit is. Intelligence has a huge impact on how fit an organism is, in spite of all his weaknesses, Hawking, for example, is exceptionally fit for survival, so long as the species is willing to accept the intelligent information given by these organisms, we can become even more fit.
This is the evolutionary advantage humans have had, our capability to defend and even remove ourselves from natural selection itself, it's part of that being able to change ourselves trait that makes us stand out from the other animals. It is not our similarities that give us strength, or make us fit, it is our differences.
No, it doesn't.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
I went to school with a guy who was blind and in a wheelchair and wore hearing aids and still could just barely hear. Still he was very intelligent and made fascinating clay sculptures that the school still has on display to this day.
Now in Lil IQ's world that young man due to his disabilities should be left somewhere to die. But what should one expect from that troll?
<quoted text>
That's not what he's saying you freak.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you make no sense at all.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Look here little missy . I am about as religious as you are retarded.
Ahem...you may have to reword this one....

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I am just wondering if you can have a conversation with out being a douche bag.. anyway...
That is impossible.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
What happens beyond the event horizon of a black hole?
A buttload of recycling, i.e., information shredding. The universe must be afraid of having its identity stolen.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No, it doesn't.
Aw, you lack the education and study to actually counter what I posted. Sucks to be you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>A buttload of recycling, i.e., information shredding. The universe must be afraid of having its identity stolen.
No, it doesn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••