Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#65012 Nov 18, 2012
John wrote:
Thanks for more nothing. It's hilarious pseudointellectuals have went three years lashing out at a God they don't believe in. Only loons have a forum about nothing.
If your insistent on futilely attempting to marginalize something you don't believe in I would love to compare reasons for that something vs your nothing. That scares the piss out of you obviously.
Intolerant bigotry is ironic coming from liberal atheists.
You weren't saying?
I never did much care for the liberal atheists either, but us conservative atheists need the balance they offer in order to keep the roads paved. A necessary evil if we ever want capitalism back and corporatism gone. Though I still wish the people with god delusions would just stop perverting the language so much, makes it difficult to actually get a point across when "conservative" means "god delusion" and "liberal" means "intelligent."

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65013 Nov 18, 2012
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence ...
Then where is it? We keep asking for it and all people ever give is some dusty old book, that's not evidence, that's the assertion. You can't support an assertion with that same assertion, because then you lose the ertion.
Lane

Rocky Point, NY

#65014 Nov 18, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem rests when you attempt to bring your god inside nature and into our world.
There he fails all the tests that science and logic have.
someone else also said "The world is full of schizophrenics who god talks to on a regular basis."
----------
The overwhelming majority of mankind throughout history believe in God. So by scientific and psychological definition---YOU ARE NOT ONLY GROSSLY ABNORMAL BUT DELUSIONAL--as you cannot comprehend what everyone else does.
You see, this is the problem with the severe dysfunction of the atheist mind. They have become detached from reality and by denying what is plain to everyone they're minds are distorted beyond recognition. This is why they are so hostile, trying to confirm their own pathological bias daily on the internet. They MUST do this because God churns up the truth in them every day-- planting that little seed of truth that destroys the prior days confirmation bias that allowed them sleep last night.
They will believe in the craziest things like "we have no freewill" which deny their very opinions and scifi, dungeons and dragons dribble like multiverses--that the world just self assembled consciousness. Ludicrous desperation all the live long day, swearing we're the ones who are irrational. Its milk coming out your nose type stupidity yet the OJ Simpson jury see's what it must to avoid the truth. On the first stage of grief is where you stand in the mud of your own filthy world view.
I feel so sorry for them as they are willingly standing in the line for hell and enjoy being there. Unless they turn they will come to nothing, standing before a God who loved them and reached out his hand to them as they spit in His face. They have revealed themselves fully...they are not moved by Christ's message of love and spend every waking minute ridiculing Him and those who love him back.
We are put here with the sole reason to reveal how we will respond to this message of Christ and you have shown that it cannot penetrate your cold dead heart.
deacon

Tulsa, OK

#65015 Nov 18, 2012
Let's put god to the test. One of you fire and brimstone christians drop to your knees and tell god I said he can kiss my azz and his son is gay. If he's real and doesn't like what I said he zap me, right?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#65016 Nov 18, 2012
You were demonstrating a schizophrenic talking to god hallucinations right?

Otherwise you need some croutons with that word salad.
Lane wrote:
<quoted text>
someone else also said "The world is full of schizophrenics who god talks to on a regular basis."
----------
The overwhelming majority of mankind throughout history believe in God. So by scientific and psychological definition---YOU ARE NOT ONLY GROSSLY ABNORMAL BUT DELUSIONAL--as you cannot comprehend what everyone else does.
You see, this is the problem with the severe dysfunction of the atheist mind. They have become detached from reality and by denying what is plain to everyone they're minds are distorted beyond recognition. This is why they are so hostile, trying to confirm their own pathological bias daily on the internet. They MUST do this because God churns up the truth in them every day-- planting that little seed of truth that destroys the prior days confirmation bias that allowed them sleep last night.
They will believe in the craziest things like "we have no freewill" which deny their very opinions and scifi, dungeons and dragons dribble like multiverses--that the world just self assembled consciousness. Ludicrous desperation all the live long day, swearing we're the ones who are irrational. Its milk coming out your nose type stupidity yet the OJ Simpson jury see's what it must to avoid the truth. On the first stage of grief is where you stand in the mud of your own filthy world view.
I feel so sorry for them as they are willingly standing in the line for hell and enjoy being there. Unless they turn they will come to nothing, standing before a God who loved them and reached out his hand to them as they spit in His face. They have revealed themselves fully...they are not moved by Christ's message of love and spend every waking minute ridiculing Him and those who love him back.
We are put here with the sole reason to reveal how we will respond to this message of Christ and you have shown that it cannot penetrate your cold dead heart.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#65017 Nov 18, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I see you don't read your own posts because the irony meter just exploded.
<quoted text>
says the guy that doesn't know the difference between Osiris and Horus.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#65018 Nov 18, 2012
What happens beyond the event horizon of a black hole?

United States

#65019 Nov 18, 2012
Actually I clearly stated the difference and even explained why you made said error. Do stay off the Christian apologetic websites and you won't make that mistake again ok half wit?

That'll do chump, that'll do.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>says the guy that doesn't know the difference between Osiris and Horus.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#65020 Nov 19, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Actually I clearly stated the difference and even explained why you made said error. Do stay off the Christian apologetic websites and you won't make that mistake again ok half wit?
That'll do chump, that'll do.
<quoted text>
Isis had sex with Osiris when he was dismembered and his essence was in the spirit world so he was born to a dead father not a virgin mother.

United States

#65021 Nov 19, 2012
:Sigh:

Isis was a virgin, she reassembled Osiris except for his Johnson which had been thrown into the nile and couldn't be found. So to get pregnant as was ordained by prophecy, she turned into a bird and hovered over him and his spirit flowed up into her getting her pregnant with the savior of mankind and path to heaven, Horus. She remained a virgin.

So indeed Horus was born to a virgin.

It seems you are the one mixing the two up. Osiris was born to Geb the earth god and Nut the sky goddess in the heavens. So Osiris was the one conceived and born in the spirit world whereas Horus was conceived by the Nile.

It's ok, sty off the apologetic Christian websites and you'll do better.

No charge this time for schooling you. Again Isis the mother of Horus a virgin, Nut the mother of Osiris a sky goddess.

You're welcome.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Isis had sex with Osiris when he was dismembered and his essence was in the spirit world so he was born to a dead father not a virgin mother.

United States

#65022 Nov 19, 2012
In fact just to spike the football a bit we have ancient artwork showing the virgin mother Isis coddling and breast feeding baby Horus by the Nile river.

Looks striking similar to later works showing Mary and Jesus.

:)

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#65023 Nov 19, 2012

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Virgin_birth
Egyptian mythology
The popular idea that Horus was born of a virgin Isis is confounded by the fact that Herodotus records that the Egyptians believed that Isis was impregnated by having intercourse with the severed penis of the dead Osiris.

Louisville, KY

#65024 Nov 19, 2012
Wowsers! What a great opinion piece complete with such insights as ewwwwww and no really added in for good measure.

Now our GREEK let me repeat for empysis GREEK historian Herodotus may have heard another version of the story, misunderstood it, or may have been trying to make the Non Greek Egyptians ( Ewwwww!)look bad. Regardless of what this GREEK historian may or may not have personally documented, it in no way shape or form disproves the mountain of evidence we have from actual GASP Egyptian dig sites that show the correct version of the story.( No really.)

So my factually crushed half wit as you go to work greeting customers at Walmart, say a prayer and remember. Osiris born in heaven or the spirit world to Geb and Nut. Horus born to the virgin Isis by a miraculous conception by the Nile river and the virgin mother Isis even breast fed and coddled her savior son lovingly by the Nile.

Gave birth to him in a cave by the Nile river.... Which is on earth... Not the spirit world like where his Father Osiris was conceived and born.... It's ok that you got the two mixed up. I was glad to help you figure it out.

Now don't be late to work, Walmart is going to be busy this time of year, lots of folks for you to greet.

Think about what I said. Re read it until it sinks in okay? No charge this time but remember not everyone has the patience to hold your hand and guide you all the time yes? That's a good half wit!

That'll do half wit that'll do.
Lil Ticked wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8U1Grl4HSRUXX
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Virgin_birth
Egyptian mythology
The popular idea that Horus was born of a virgin Isis is confounded by the fact that Herodotus records that the Egyptians believed that Isis was impregnated by having intercourse with the severed penis of the dead Osiris.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#65025 Nov 19, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Wowsers! What a great opinion piece complete with such insights as ewwwwww and no really added in for good measure.
Now our GREEK let me repeat for empysis GREEK historian Herodotus may have heard another version of the story, misunderstood it, or may have been trying to make the Non Greek Egyptians ( Ewwwww!)look bad. Regardless of what this GREEK historian may or may not have personally documented, it in no way shape or form disproves the mountain of evidence we have from actual GASP Egyptian dig sites that show the correct version of the story.( No really.)
So my factually crushed half wit as you go to work greeting customers at Walmart, say a prayer and remember. Osiris born in heaven or the spirit world to Geb and Nut. Horus born to the virgin Isis by a miraculous conception by the Nile river and the virgin mother Isis even breast fed and coddled her savior son lovingly by the Nile.
Gave birth to him in a cave by the Nile river.... Which is on earth... Not the spirit world like where his Father Osiris was conceived and born.... It's ok that you got the two mixed up. I was glad to help you figure it out.
Now don't be late to work, Walmart is going to be busy this time of year, lots of folks for you to greet.
Think about what I said. Re read it until it sinks in okay? No charge this time but remember not everyone has the patience to hold your hand and guide you all the time yes? That's a good half wit!
That'll do half wit that'll do.
<quoted text>
link?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#65026 Nov 19, 2012
Attempts to resolve the conflicts between these different gods in different parts of Egypt resulted in at least fifteen distinct forms of Horus. They can be divided fairly easily into two groups, solar and Osirian, based on the parentage of the particular form of Horus. If he is said to be the son of Isis, he is Osirian; otherwise he is a solar deity. The solar Horus was called the son of Atum, or Re, or Geb and Nut variously.

United States

#65027 Nov 19, 2012
Read it slowly half wit.

I am glad to get you lined out on the differences between Horus and Osiris :)

You are welcome
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>link?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#65028 Nov 19, 2012
Lane wrote:
The overwhelming majority of mankind throughout history believe in God.
Appeal to Popular Belief is a logical fallacy. I guess you missed that.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

#65029 Nov 19, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
“B”, the Big Bang. As the prime mover, it created a singularity from which everything else in the Universe, including your god delusion, derived. That’s my complete and final answer, Rege. Lock it in.
Now STFU, you stump.
<quoted text>
The Big Bang? Where did the stuff that went "bang" come from? What was it? Why did it go bang? To say that everything came from the Big Bang is like saying babies come from maternity wards, the theory don't go back far enough.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65030 Nov 19, 2012
postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang? Where did the stuff that went "bang" come from? What was it? Why did it go bang? To say that everything came from the Big Bang is like saying babies come from maternity wards, the theory don't go back far enough.
This post just demonstrates that you lack even a rudimentary understanding of physics.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#65031 Nov 19, 2012
postscript wrote:
The Big Bang? Where did the stuff that went "bang" come from?
We don't know yet.
postscript wrote:
What was it?
An inflaton field.
postscript wrote:
Why did it go bang?
Random quantum fluctuations triggering a phase transition.
postscript wrote:
To say that everything came from the Big Bang is like saying babies come from maternity wards, the theory don't go back far enough.
We don't have enough information to go farther back yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Joe fortuna 233,153
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 32 min SnuffAGlobalisst 23
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 46 min ChristineM 5,949
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Mikko 23,266
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr woodtick57 2,620
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 5 hr Dee 41
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr _Bad Company 1,458
More from around the web