Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
62,161 - 62,180 of 70,985 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

Since: Oct 12

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64817
Oct 22, 2012
 
What can be asserted without proof can also be dismissed without proof. The classic 3d grade playground argument of "it's true because i say it is' has run its course. Take a step back and take a long, glaring look at religion. If you do this in honesty - you will see nothing but violence, torture and killing in its name. There is nothing that can be accomplished with religion that cannot be accomplished without it. Nothing changes in it's absence outside of your own mind. What makes this 'heaven' such a special place??? It seems that all you do is sit around giving praises to a god, no baseball games, no football, no internet. After about 500,000 years of that - I would get rather bored i think.

I certainly dont think that religion can move mountains, but I have seen what it can do to skyscrapers, embassies, cars and oil fields.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64818
Oct 24, 2012
 
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 62,200 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Since: Oct 12

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64819
Oct 24, 2012
 
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 62,200 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Where are these limits you speak of? Who proposes there is nothing? Believers cant even come together on a god. There are approx 1200 world religions. They cant all be right. If you dont believe in all 1200(ish) gods, then you are an atheist also, I just go one god further than you and say that one doesnt exist either. All religions cannot be right, but they can all be wrong.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64820
Oct 25, 2012
 
There is no sense feeding that troll he is unable to use reason or answer any questions and merely copies and pastes the same old Bullsht. As you can go back and see several have tried to be kind and answer his inane questions. It does no good.

Best to change the subject and let the troll starve.
Ouja wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are these limits you speak of? Who proposes there is nothing? Believers cant even come together on a god. There are approx 1200 world religions. They cant all be right. If you dont believe in all 1200(ish) gods, then you are an atheist also, I just go one god further than you and say that one doesnt exist either. All religions cannot be right, but they can all be wrong.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64821
Oct 25, 2012
 
The best way to starve the troll is to move on to other, hopefully better threads and bail out of this one.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64822
Oct 25, 2012
 
You loons have nothing to post without the God you don't believe in. This forum is a joke. What do you believe in this arena? It's only been three years now.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Nothing to it LOL.

Since: Oct 12

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64823
Oct 25, 2012
 
John wrote:
You loons have nothing to post without the God you don't believe in. This forum is a joke. What do you believe in this arena? It's only been three years now.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Nothing to it LOL.
We eagerly await you to provide proof that a god exists.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64825
Oct 25, 2012
 
I asked what YOU believed. Either English is your second language or you know your forum is the nothing I say it is.

Being the sport I am though I will gladly debate my accountable position of a prime mover vs whatever it is you dare not speak LOL. Peddle your nothing elsewhere.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Oct 12

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64826
Oct 25, 2012
 
John wrote:
I asked what YOU believed. Either English is your second language or you know your forum is the nothing I say it is.
Being the sport I am though I will gladly debate my accountable position of a prime mover vs whatever it is you dare not speak LOL. Peddle your nothing elsewhere.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
I rest my case.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64827
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

You have no case. You have no evidence. You have no accountable position. All you are is a bigot. Nothing is no match for the reasoned position of a prime mover.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64828
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Why believe in god when there is no evidence a god exists? People often take the "you can't prove god doesn't exist" position, because they say you can't prove a negative. I disagree. I can prove there is no giraffe in my living room. How? Well, if a giraffe were there, there would be evidence I could see, hear or smell or whatever. I would be able to see the giraffe, hear it stepping, something. Same thing with an all powerful, all knowing ever present god who never lies and promises to do what ever we ask in Jesus' name. I've asked many times in Jesus' name to have Mt. Rushmore relocate. Has it?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64830
Oct 26, 2012
 
Your disbelief is on record dear. What do you believe.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64831
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

John wrote:
Your disbelief is on record dear. What do you believe.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
I believe that you have no knowledge of anything outside your own parents' basement and must entertain yourself twisting facts to make ad-homs against people who know so much more than you it's as if you're Sol and we're all red giants.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64832
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

So you are going to stick with your nothing. It's illogical and irrational, but to each their own.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Your ad hominems will be overlooked LOL. Get your ridiculous nothing out of here!

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64833
Oct 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

John wrote:
So you are going to stick with your nothing. It's illogical and irrational
What is illogical and irrational is claiming that there is a "prime mover", despite a complete lack of demonstrable evidence.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64834
Oct 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I don't accept your statement. Again, no evidence at all in your own forum. I will still compare the evidences for a prime mover vs ?????. That blank is always skipped. Spreading your nonsense is still nonsense.

Not one attempt to submit an accountable position as I have done. Your forum Drew. You have been exposed.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64835
Oct 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

What is illogical and irrational is claiming that there is a "prime mover", despite a complete lack of demonstrable evidence.
John wrote:
I don't accept your statement.
We don't accept your response. I guess we're even.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64836
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I don't accept your statement and note your lack of evidence. I will also note your refusal to debate an accountable position vs the one I have provided.

Nothing is illogical and irrational and so are you. Your forum is the demonstrable evidence.

Get your nothing out of here!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64837
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

John wrote:
...Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Perhaps repeating that will help you out of your hole?

I'm an atheist and I only believe anything as far as it can be justified by reason and evidence. For me, belief is a matter of degree, not a senseless and superstitious 'act of faith'.

Apparently, some religionists think that if they stop believing in god they have 'lost' their faith. They haven't lost anything. They have freed their mind of superstition and obviated the need to defend the ridiculous.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64838
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

John wrote:
.... All you are is a bigot..
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...

Sally Quinn, "Part of claiming your citizenship is claiming a belief in God, even if you are not Christian."

Sarah Palin, "morality itself cannot be sustained without the support of religious beliefs."

Religionists are hardly free of bigotry? Why would they be? The are no more or less moral than atheists.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 4 min Lawrence Wolf 99
If Christianity were true... 7 min Patrick 123
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 225,555
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 39 min Pahu 882
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 3 hr religionisillness 753
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr religionisillness 354
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 3 hr religionisillness 78
•••
•••