Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,108)

Showing posts 62,141 - 62,160 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

So you loons are doubling down on your nothing. No evidence, no logic, no reason, no debate of course. Atheism exposed 101.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

It's happening as we speak. Tell me if not why would so many believers spend so much time on an atheist forum? Why would they write all these books and make websites by the hundred? Why spend so much time and effort of we are such a small insignificant number? If this were really true we would not warrant such a massive effort from believers. They would completely ignore us and move on.

So when I see the angry believers coming on here I smile because they prove me right.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That will be great!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Nothing will never be right. Thanks for your irrelevant contributions.

“Truth and kindness”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
God hates Shrimp!
Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
Deuteronomy 14:9-10 says:
9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:
10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.
Eat shrimp burn in hell!
All that lovely seafood, shrimp, crabs, lobsters, oysters and scallops. I guess we will all go to hell happy, with cocktail sauce and rarafied butter on our breath.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
It's happening as we speak. Tell me if not why would so many believers spend so much time on an atheist forum? Why would they write all these books and make websites by the hundred? Why spend so much time and effort of we are such a small insignificant number? If this were really true we would not warrant such a massive effort from believers. They would completely ignore us and move on.
So when I see the angry believers coming on here I smile because they prove me right.
<quoted text>
Do you see any harm in what I'll call "benign" religious beliefs and actions?(As opposed to people imposing their beliefs on others.) Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion" includes people going to Lourdes looking for a cure. I might be assuming too much, but I assume the people who go there are people doctors have given up on. Do you see any harm in that kind of thing?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

God needs to rethink sending all the smart people to hell. Lol
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
All that lovely seafood, shrimp, crabs, lobsters, oysters and scallops. I guess we will all go to hell happy, with cocktail sauce and rarafied butter on our breath.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Smart? LOL. Let me guess you two pseudointellectuals lump yourself in that category. Hell you can't even meet your own rules for evidence.

God doesn't exist according to you folks, but he sure occupies your time. Do you think atheists that keep their nothing to themselves and don't force it on others are dangerous?

Save the charade kids you have nothing to contribute or talk about without a God you don't believe in.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Crickets,,,

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

John wrote:
Smart? LOL. Let me guess you two pseudointellectuals lump yourself in that category. Hell you can't even meet your own rules for evidence.
God doesn't exist according to you folks, but he sure occupies your time. Do you think atheists that keep their nothing to themselves and don't force it on others are dangerous?
Save the charade kids you have nothing to contribute or talk about without a God you don't believe in.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Crickets,,,
Go on make us another post with no proof of god in it, there's a good troll.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Just that many people forsake traditional medicine in hopes of a miracle and It doesn't happen. There are some very sad stories of people who have done this and could have easily been cured by an md but wasted time there. James Randi I believe has a great article and study on that. Let me look it up for you.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see any harm in what I'll call "benign" religious beliefs and actions?(As opposed to people imposing their beliefs on others.) Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion" includes people going to Lourdes looking for a cure. I might be assuming too much, but I assume the people who go there are people doctors have given up on. Do you see any harm in that kind of thing?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

John wrote:
God doesn't exist according to you folks, but he sure occupies your time.
Nope, no "god" occupies my time. What *does* occupy my time is pointing out the irrational belief in a "god" by those who lack any evidence or logic to support their belief.

Apparently, John can't distinguish between an entity (real or fictive) and the belief in the existence of that entity. The belief, in this case, is certainly real, but the object of that belief? Nope, still no evidence for it.

“His noodlyness astounds!”

Since: Feb 09

You tell me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
And Pasta! RAmen!!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 62,200 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
Atheist Silurist

Neath, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 62,200 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
Oh no, It's the king of the internet trolls,AGAIN.

I can't speak for all atheists,but personally, I believe you are a retarded,cretinous,shit-for-br ains troll and the proof is in every mangled and twisted thing you post.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

John wrote:
Science is the only victor of humanity. Capitalism is twin of war! Wthout capitalism in the age of AKWs is the only chance of mankind to survive.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
As I have even trying to do let's change the subject and get this thread back on track. No matter what anyone says or reasoning you use it's just not going to get through his stump temper tantrum.
Ignore the screaming child because the atheist non believer movement is spiking in the US an that's what we should focus on and not let a desperate Christian try to derail a great thread.
The religious crowd knows they are in huge trouble.
<quoted text>
Apparently the "religious crowd" knows not in what big danger man is now.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Indoctrination sad to say is a powerful enslaving device. Those indoctrinated sheeple are seeing their numbers dwindle, their churches becoming less an less filled and then closing it's doors. This enrages them and they are fighting the only way they know how and that's to attack non believers with nonsense. Yet it's like fighting the tide.
With each passing year reason slowly becomes more of a factor while their superstitious ways dwindle. The more they lose control the more desperate and unhinged thy will become my friend. Just sit back and enjoy the show.
<quoted text>
The nuclear age is more and more of a thread of humanity. Capitalism is no longer for the survival bearable!
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think there is such resistance to reason?
It is easy to erase for the 1% to get lies the dominant mode of humanity!
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Still waiting for John to debate.
1. If god exists, there is evidence for his existence.
2. There is no evidence of god's existence.
3. God does not exist.
Let's start with point one.
Do you think it would be possible for god to exist, yet there be no evidence of his existence.
At this point, we're not debating if there is any evidence, what would qualify as evidence, or even how we would become aware of it.
John?
:::crickets chirping:::
John!?
Are you OK?
John!?
Never any god!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

John wrote:
No evidence for god in your next post either I bet.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Just that many people forsake traditional medicine in hopes of a miracle and It doesn't happen. There are some very sad stories of people who have done this and could have easily been cured by an md but wasted time there. James Randi I believe has a great article and study on that. Let me look it up for you.
<quoted text>
I think it's really tragic when people forgo actual medicine in hopes of a miracle cure. I just got the impression that people searched for those cures after medicine had failed. Except for Christian Scientists, who don't use medicine at all.
I'd like to see Randi's article, thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 62,141 - 62,160 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••