Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#65105 Nov 22, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Survival of the fittest" is a tautology, since there is no way to determine what is "fittest" apart from survival.
As usual, you make no sense at all.

Location hidden

#65106 Nov 22, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Look here little missy . I am about as religious as you are retarded.
Ahem...you may have to reword this one....

Location hidden

#65107 Nov 22, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I am just wondering if you can have a conversation with out being a douche bag.. anyway...
That is impossible.

Location hidden

#65108 Nov 22, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
What happens beyond the event horizon of a black hole?
A buttload of recycling, i.e., information shredding. The universe must be afraid of having its identity stolen.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#65109 Nov 23, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No, it doesn't.
Aw, you lack the education and study to actually counter what I posted. Sucks to be you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65110 Nov 23, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>A buttload of recycling, i.e., information shredding. The universe must be afraid of having its identity stolen.
No, it doesn't.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65111 Nov 23, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That is impossible.
No it isn't.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65112 Nov 23, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem...you may have to reword this one....
No they don't.
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

#65113 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say abnormality, and technically nothing is really an abnormality, it is just less beneficial in some ways or more beneficial. Life forms do not have "normals," only machines and 3D meshes.
I said it - "If that were true, genetic abnormalities would not be passed from one generation to the next."

Even an elementary school kid knows a genetic disorder, which is always inherited, is caused by ABNORMALITIES in genes or chromosomes.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65114 Nov 23, 2012
postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
I said it - "If that were true, genetic abnormalities would not be passed from one generation to the next."
Even an elementary school kid knows a genetic disorder, which is always inherited, is caused by ABNORMALITIES in genes or chromosomes.
We call them abnormalities in the lay world, that does not mean the term is accurately applied. It's only been about 100 years since we figured out that there is no normal in any living thing, there is beneficial or detrimental, that's all. AIDS resistance is one such "abnormality," but would you call it "abnormal?" Hair color is an "abnormality" by your definition, but do you call it "abnormal?"
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

#65115 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
We call them abnormalities in the lay world, that does not mean the term is accurately applied. It's only been about 100 years since we figured out that there is no normal in any living thing, there is beneficial or detrimental, that's all. AIDS resistance is one such "abnormality," but would you call it "abnormal?" Hair color is an "abnormality" by your definition, but do you call it "abnormal?"
I've heard more coherent statements from a schizophrenic with Tourette's syndrome.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#65116 Nov 23, 2012
Bollocks.
postscript wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65117 Nov 23, 2012
postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard more coherent statements from a schizophrenic with Tourette's syndrome.
In other words, it was so far over your head because you lack any study or education in even simple scientific understanding.

Location hidden

#65118 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, you lack the education and study to actually counter what I posted. Sucks to be you.
Abnormalities that cause infertility should not be passed on to following generations. THAT is detrimental to a species' continued survival.

Moron.

Location hidden

#65119 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't.
Yes, he will.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65120 Nov 23, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Abnormalities that cause infertility should not be passed on to following generations. THAT is detrimental to a species' continued survival.
Moron.
Um, wow, you don't understand what fertility is, do you?
John

United States

#65121 Nov 23, 2012
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 62,500 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#65122 Nov 24, 2012
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 62,500 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
oh look, another post from John without proof of god. Lets wait for another one.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#65123 Nov 24, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Abnormalities that cause infertility should not be passed on to following generations. THAT is detrimental to a species' continued survival.
Moron.
You need to prove the god you claim is real before your opinion on anything that matters counts.

Nobody cares what liars think.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#65125 Nov 24, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Moron.
How do you past on infertility if you are infertile?

Or did that little problem escape you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof of God for the Atheist 9 min Amused 95
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min JustASkeptic 247,224
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Mikko 12,422
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 4 hr -Stray Dog 47,753
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 4 hr thetruth 16
Atheism and Evidence of the Exodus 21 hr Amused 25
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 23 hr thetruth 2,352
More from around the web