Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
62,041 - 62,060 of 70,985 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64688
Oct 10, 2012
 
Wow did everyone see the huge spike in Americans age 30 and younger who now are calling themselves non religious? Sweet! This is the largest spike of Americans doing this in our history! Woot! 30%

The Godbots are seeing the writing on the wall slowly but surely the old irrational superstitious ways are on the decline!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64689
Oct 10, 2012
 
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
One would reasonably think that you would have better things to do with your time than post in forums whose existence you don't approve of.
I disagree. Now, back to your nothing.
What do you believe in.this arena Drew?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64690
Oct 10, 2012
 
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 62,090 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64691
Oct 10, 2012
 
One would reasonably think that you would have better things to do with your time than post in forums whose existence you don't approve of.
John wrote:
I disagree.
Then explain why.

A normal person doesn't attend movies or watch TV shows that they see no purpose in.

A normal person does not spend time in bookstores in order to complain that they see no purpose in having the books.

A normal person does not attend the meetings of a club where that person sees no purpose for having the club.

So why would a normal person spend any time in a forum where they see no purpose in having the forum?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64692
Oct 10, 2012
 
No. I feel no need to debate ridiculous strawmen when your forum has made no attempts at intellectual honesty. What do you believe in this arena Drew? I asked that in 2009. How about you produce some evidence or accountable position. It is your forum.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64693
Oct 10, 2012
 
John wrote:
I feel no need to debate ridiculous strawmen when your forum...
I don't have a forum. The forum belongs to Topix.

So why do you waste so much of your precious time here if you see no purpose in the existence of this forum?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64694
Oct 10, 2012
 
What do you believe Drew? Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64695
Oct 10, 2012
 
John wrote:
What do you believe Drew?
I believe that you're an Internet troll who has no interest in serious debate.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64696
Oct 10, 2012
 
I believe you are a bigot without a lick of evidence that meets your criteria. I believe you cannot and will not submit an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. I believe you and your forum have been exposed.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64697
Oct 10, 2012
 
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 62,100 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64698
Oct 10, 2012
 
John wrote:
I believe you are a bigot
Good luck with trying to demonstrate that. So far, you've failed.
John wrote:
...without a lick of evidence that meets your criteria.
As I'm not making a claim, why would I need evidence?
John wrote:
I believe you cannot and will not submit an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover.
My accountable position is that there is a lack of evidence for a prime mover. But my position need not be defended until you actually provide any evidence, and so far, you're afraid to do so. We get that.(It's because you don't have any.)
John wrote:
I believe you and your forum have been exposed.
It's not my forum. It belongs to Topix. And you've exposed nothing other than your own trollhood.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64699
Oct 10, 2012
 
John, let us know when you are willing to debate.
Here is my position.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of god's existence.
3. There is no god.

So, let's start with point one.
Do you think it would be possible for god to exist, yet there be no evidence of his existence? Well? John? John?
:::crickets chirping:::
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64700
Oct 10, 2012
 
Neither Drew nor Rose seem to understand the difference between belief and disbelief. No evidence. No claims. No purpose to this forum. Unless this nothing is about something else hmmm.

It's your forum guys LOL. How about we compare the evidences of your nothing vs my something. No Drew, you have failed; miserably. The beauty of it is that you demonstrate it all by yourself.

What do you believe Rose / Drew?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64701
Oct 10, 2012
 
Rose you are a bigot and a coward. You have yet to present any evidence or accountable position. You just hate a God you don't believe in. Kind of crazy, but whatever.
1. If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
2. There is no evidence of your conscience.
3. Your conscience does not exist.
Once again Rose refuses to debate. I have tutored you on what the difference is between belief and disbelief. I'm not here to convert you, I'm here to expose you.
How long will the loons avoid their illogical nothing? Stay tuned.
Stump Rose! Ask her what she believes.
Still nothing Rose. That's purposeful as you don't dare debate vs a prime mover. I will laugh at Drew's nothing next. No wonder people think ill of atheists. It is not the nothing per se, but the character flaws. I will not give up on you though.
Come on, tell us about this magic nothing that poofs universes.
Stump an antitheist! Explain the difference between belief and disbelief.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64702
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

John refuses to debate.
John = troll.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64703
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

John wrote:
Neither Drew nor Rose seem to understand the difference between belief and disbelief.
On the contrary, John, we understand it quite clearly. Unless there is evidence and logic to support a belief, then disbelief is called for.

You can't produce any evidence or logic to support belief in a "prime mover", so there is no good reason to believe in one.
John wrote:
It's your forum
No, it isn't. You don't seem to get that.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64704
Oct 10, 2012
 
Nothing is evidence to you in this arena Drew. That's clear by your lack of evidence logical or illogical LOL. Logical, rational, etc all sound good but the bottom line is you have nothing.
Your forum is about a specific and transparent attack on belief. Since you insist on reflecting from your noncase I offered any one of you to debate an accountable position vs a prime mover. You have no intention of debating and your fight for nothing is illogical and irrational.

Nothing Bless

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64705
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why is this pointless ignorant troll still being fed? Let him starve already it's the merciful thing to do.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64706
Oct 11, 2012
 
Except for one more nothing comment huh? That will be the last one LMAO!!!

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64707
Oct 11, 2012
 
John wrote:
Except for one more nothing comment huh? That will be the last one LMAO!!!
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
See you next post with no proof of god, liar!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••