Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,981

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
John

United States

#64648 Oct 4, 2012
Do you need a claim from me to have a voice Drew? In other words....nothing.
Why would you post nothing for three years. Hmmm, maybe you have an agenda because this is certainly not about logic or evidence.

In fact, absolutely nothing is evidence to you in this arena. Prove me wrong. Submit evidence or cut and paste one of the three years worth of posts your forum claims to have done already but never actually does.
Fact check fail.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#64649 Oct 4, 2012
John wrote:
This is your forum Drew.
No, John, this is not my forum.
John wrote:
I have easily exposed you lack any clear, logical way to quantify evidence.
We are not trying to "quantify" evidence. But we know "evidence" from "no evidence", and so far, you've produced *no* evidence.

Nor are you able to provide us with any rules for evidence. Why is that?
John wrote:
I simply said I don't debate nothing but would gladly debate any accountable position you would like vs my something. Thus far you have steered clear of that debate.
You haven't provided anything to "steer clear" of. You have provided no accountable position. You have provided no evidence. And we are not obligated to provide any kind of alternative to your claim if you cannot support your claim.

So far, you obviously cannot support your claim. So on what rational basis are we obligated to do more than simply point out that you cannot support your claim?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#64650 Oct 4, 2012
John wrote:
Do you need a claim from me to have a voice Drew?
We need a claim from you, backed by actual evidence, in order for you to have an accountable position that is worth debating.

If you have no claim backed by evidence, then there is nothing to debate. You lose.
John

United States

#64651 Oct 4, 2012
This is an atheism forum Drew. You were exposed when you provided absolutely no evidence that meets your rules for evidence. Nothing isn't going to cut it. You aren't the arbiter of what is and isn't evidence.
If you have no claims or evidence, or logical rationale to quantify evidence what is your purpose? Surely this goes beyond repeating your nothing ad nauseum.
I'm content with your silence. When you insist on selectively attempting to marginalize a possibility I will expose you.

I am prepared to debate the evidences and reasons for my belief in a prime mover vs any other possibility. Of course you realize there are numerous disciplines that agree with me and you cannot enter the ring with nothing LOL.
You don't like to be accountable though do you. Thanks for nothing.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#64652 Oct 4, 2012
John wrote:
This is an atheism forum
So?
John wrote:
You were exposed when you provided absolutely no evidence that meets your rules for evidence.
No, John,*you* were exposed when you kept asking for evidence when no claim was being made.
John wrote:
You aren't the arbiter of what is and isn't evidence.
Who is the arbiter, John? I have asked you that before, and you run away without answering that question.
John wrote:
If you have no claims or evidence, or logical rationale to quantify evidence...
Evidence need not be "quantified", it need only be *qualified*, and the logical rationale for qualifying evidence is that it be objective and unambiguous.

If you've got a better set of criteria for evidence, John, speak up now, or forever hold your peace. I predict that you'll (1) continue to whine about the criteria, and (2) be unable to come up with alternative criteria.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#64653 Oct 4, 2012
John, you clearly know what atheists want to be defended from when you ask, "Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe." thus you are simply using word trickery. If the leprechaun cult tried to force you to believe in leprechauns, I take it you would be compelled to resist, yet you completely lack belief in them. Simply put, we want protection from discrimination and stupid attempts at conversion.
Stump a antileprechaunist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#64654 Oct 4, 2012
John wrote:
If you have no claim Drew get back on the fence. You have been exposed as much as Obama was last night. My claims have all been met. That is you have no evidence that meets your rules. Nothing is illogical.
When you insist on trying to marginalize belief I offered to debate anything vs a prime mover. You can't even sort out what you believe.
Thanks for the nothing.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Why lie? I've offered to debate.
Again, do you think god could exist, yet there be no evidence of his existence?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#64655 Oct 4, 2012
Seeing as he could do anything he wants, it's possible, yet dubious.
John

United States

#64656 Oct 4, 2012
Several more posts with more nothing. It is strange this forum exists. Perhaps it is about something else.

Drew the only claim I've made is you have no evidence that meets your criteria. I've proven that over and over. If you don't believe I could care less. However, that's not enough. Despite your lack of evidence, despite your lack of proven criteria to quantify evidence,,,, your forum insists on attacking a God you don't believe in as if there are not evidences and reasons to believe in something larger than us.
I offered any one of you bigots the chance to debate my accountable position of a prime mover vs any other consideration. Why not just make your case and I'll make mine? You have no case. You have no reason to post nothing for three years about nothing. Atheism is self-explanatory. What you loons do is ridiculous.
I don't debate nothing, but its clear you realize I can actually submit some reasons for my belief. You can't even name yours LOL.
Nothing Bless.
John

United States

#64657 Oct 4, 2012
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 62,060 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#64658 Oct 4, 2012
Hey, as soon as you stop writing in chunks of blocky text, maybe we will!
Also, don't act like an idiot.
John

United States

#64659 Oct 5, 2012
I see. The chunky blocks are responsible for your lunacy. It was the altitude for Obama. So many excuses lmao.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#64661 Oct 5, 2012
John wrote:
Several more posts with more nothing. It is strange this forum exists. Perhaps it is about something else.
And yet you keep posting in it. So you're saying that you are posting in a forum that you don't understand? Why would any rational person do that?
John wrote:
Drew the only claim I've made is you have no evidence that meets your criteria.
Why would I have evidence, John? I'm not the one making the claim.*You* are. If you have no evidence, then on what basis do you want us to buy your claim?
John wrote:
Despite your lack of evidence, despite your lack of proven criteria to quantify evidence
I'm not quantifying evidence, John. I'm qualifying it. I provide rules for evidence, because you're afraid to do so.
John wrote:
your forum insists on attacking a God you don't believe in
No, John, we're not attacking any gods. We're attacking *irrational beliefs* in gods. Your belief is obviously irrational, since (1) you have no evidence for a god, and (2) you have no rules for evidence.
John wrote:
...as if there are not evidences and reasons to believe in something larger than us.
Until you produce any "evidences and reasons", why believe in something "larger than us"?
John

United States

#64662 Oct 5, 2012
I respond to your nothing and expose you for various reasons. Part of it is entertainment and part of it is to stop the consequences of your bigotry.

Calling something rational or irrational does not make it so. You can't even make up a rational position, much less debate an accountable, evidence backed one. Being a truer freethinker than yourself I've provided an accountable position I will debate vs any other.

Your true colors are revealed with each avoidance. Go argue with someone else over your made up rules. I know that in three years in your own forum there has not been one logical or rational attempt to debate your nothing. Your words tell me you think this is reasonable but your inactions reveal the realization of your farce.

Still nothing about atheism in an atheism.forum. I just asked what you believe. Why are you so.concerned with a God you don't believe in? You claim there is no evidence for a prime mover. Prove it! That won't happen you only do nothing.
Atheism exposed 101.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64663 Oct 5, 2012
John wrote:
I respond to your nothing and expose you for various reasons. Part of it is entertainment and part of it is to stop the consequences of your bigotry.
Calling something rational or irrational does not make it so. You can't even make up a rational position, much less debate an accountable, evidence backed one. Being a truer freethinker than yourself I've provided an accountable position I will debate vs any other.
Your true colors are revealed with each avoidance. Go argue with someone else over your made up rules. I know that in three years in your own forum there has not been one logical or rational attempt to debate your nothing. Your words tell me you think this is reasonable but your inactions reveal the realization of your farce.
Still nothing about atheism in an atheism.forum. I just asked what you believe. Why are you so.concerned with a God you don't believe in? You claim there is no evidence for a prime mover. Prove it! That won't happen you only do nothing.
Atheism exposed 101.
Prove there's no phased invisible pink unicorn behind you. Your demands exposed 101.(shrug)

You may have more luck with Skeptic and Givemeliberty. They don't have a clue what they're talking about either, so you'd be on a level playing field.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#64664 Oct 5, 2012
The irony meter just exploded. It is amusing how much control I have over you so much you must post about me even in posts having nothing to do with me whatsoever. You are completely obsessed to the point of parody.

You may bow or pray to me as you wish. Certainly you fundamentally and devoutly follow me even preaching about me when I am not present.

I seem to do that to your weak minded superstitious ilk.

I give you permission to take a sabbath ok? It is fine my humble follower, your better approves a break.

I am all about reason and progressing society past the superstitious destructive ways of the past. I have no interest is fighting for the ways of religious madness nor being an enabler to the stone throwers in the story of the lottery unlike who would be shout down a man of reason screaming, perhaps stoning people to death and spilling their blood does help the crops grow! It's possible!

I pity you. Go in peace oh superstitious enabler, peace be with you.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there's no phased invisible pink unicorn behind you. Your demands exposed 101.(shrug)
You may have more luck with Skeptic and Givemeliberty. They don't have a clue what they're talking about either, so you'd be on a level playing field.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#64665 Oct 5, 2012
John wrote:
I respond to your nothing and expose you for various reasons. Part of it is entertainment and part of it is to stop the consequences of your bigotry.
Calling something rational or irrational does not make it so. You can't even make up a rational position, much less debate an accountable, evidence backed one. Being a truer freethinker than yourself I've provided an accountable position I will debate vs any other.
OK. Let's debate.
Do you think it would be possible for (your) god to exist, yet there be no evidence of his existence?
A deist would probably answer that question with a "yes". What about you?
John wrote:
Your true colors are revealed with each avoidance.
You are the one avoiding debate.
John wrote:
Go argue with someone else over your made up rules. I know that in three years in your own forum there has not been one logical or rational attempt to debate your nothing. Your words tell me you think this is reasonable but your inactions reveal the realization of your farce.
Still nothing about atheism in an atheism.forum. I just asked what you believe. Why are you so.concerned with a God you don't believe in? You claim there is no evidence for a prime mover. Prove it! That won't happen you only do nothing.
Atheism exposed 101.
Again...
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of god's existence.
3. There is no god.
John

United States

#64666 Oct 5, 2012
Rose you are a bigot and a coward. You have yet to present any evidence or accountable position. You just hate a God you don't believe in. Kind of crazy, but whatever.
1. If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
2. There is no evidence of your conscience.
3. Your conscience does not exist.
Once again Rose refuses to debate. I have tutored you on what the difference is between belief and disbelief. I'm not here to convert you, I'm here to expose you.
How long will the loons avoid their illogical nothing? Stay tuned.
Stump Rose! Ask her what she believes.
Still nothing Rose. That's purposeful as you don't dare debate vs a prime mover. I will laugh at Drew's nothing next. No wonder people think ill of atheists. It is not the nothing per se, but the character flaws. I won't give up on you though.
Come on, tell us about this magic nothing that poofs universes.
Stump an antitheist! Explain the difference between belief and disbelief.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#64667 Oct 5, 2012
John wrote:
Rose you are a bigot and a coward. You have yet to present any evidence or accountable position.
Why lie?
Here it is, again...

1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of god's existence.
3. There is no god.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#64668 Oct 5, 2012
Well, John, it's beyond obvious you won't debate, and that's because you have no evidence of god's existence. You just have your faith.

And unless you decide to debate, this is my last post to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 21 min Patrick 506
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Just Think 227,973
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 43 min Patrick 22,509
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 1 hr Thinking 24
Indiana Governor Mike Pence Stands Up to Atheis... 3 hr cancer suxs 5
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 5 hr Thinking 140
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 6 hr Thinking 4,118
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••