Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,100)

Showing posts 61,981 - 62,000 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

At one point the neighbor was like, hey haven't you kids been by already?

My cousin said these are very popular costumes this year. Lol
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>And like a good neighbor...:)
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Still nothing about atheism. No evidence. No explanation for their hypocrisy. No attempt to submit a position they will be accountable for in a debate.

For instance I will debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover over any other possibility. Don't expect anything out of the antitheists. Drew has been in this forum for three years spouting nothing. The other children march in tune.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

God is a fictional character. Nothing more.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

John wrote:
For instance I will debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover over any other possibility.
The other possibility is that there isn't a prime mover.

So let's debate. What is your evidence for a prime mover?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

The nothing crowd is obviously reliant on others to have a voice. Let's debate Drew. My accountable position is a prime mover. Yours is ???? Oh, not a prime mover LOL.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

See you next post with no proof of god.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

John wrote:
Let's debate Drew.
Yes, let's.
John wrote:
My accountable position is a prime mover. Yours is ????
Insufficient evidence to support a prime mover.

Ready to debate?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait some more. Do the same thing that xtians do in vain - they think their god's gonna walk the earth and set them straight again.
Funny coincidence you got there...both waiting for the impossible.
And if I WAS a creationist you'd have a point.(shrug)

Even funnier your pal GML thinks I am one.

Of course none of this has any relevance to the fact you that lied, and continue to do so by refusing to address anything. And now openly admit that you'll carry on.

This is why you're no better than the likes of Bucky.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

John wrote:
The nothing crowd is obviously reliant on others to have a voice. Let's debate Drew. My accountable position is a prime mover. Yours is ???? Oh, not a prime mover LOL.
Here is my accountable position.
Let me know when your balls drop, and you are ready to debate.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. There is no god.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

John wrote:
Translation: "HA HA YOU SILLY ATHEISTS THINK SOMETHING CAME FROM NOTHING, HA HA!!!"

Seems the fundies aren't any smarter in the atheism forum than they are in the evolution forum.(shrug)

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

You have no right to speak on my position on anything Mr. Mouth breathing racist troll as you lack basic understanding of just about everything I and others have ever posted or purposely obfuscate it. Never use your ultra lame double speak on me straw man builder. Now you may Gfy.

Dismissed
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>And if I WAS a creationist you'd have a point.(shrug)

Even funnier your pal GML thinks I am one.

Of course none of this has any relevance to the fact you that lied, and continue to do so by refusing to address anything. And now openly admit that you'll carry on.

This is why you're no better than the likes of Bucky.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
You have no right to speak on my position on anything
If so, then you have no right to say this:
Givemeliberty wrote:
Mr. Mouth breathing racist troll as you lack basic understanding of just about everything I and others have ever posted or purposely obfuscate it. Never use your ultra lame double speak on me straw man builder. Now you may Gfy.
Dismissed
Except just one problem - I SUPPORT your right to say it. You just have the right to be completely wrong (again).

(shrug)

Thanks again for another demonstration of argument via emotion. Let someone know if you decide to be more rational.
TrumpetCallofGod Online

Grand Island, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

VIDEO-Word of THE LORD - http://www.youtube.com/watch...

GOD'S WILL - Volume 7 - 3/7/08 From God The Father - A Letter Given to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear - http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...

TEXT: Thus says The Lord to the United States: Obama shall lead you. And by him shall My will and judgment against your nation be fulfilled, for all its forsaking of Me and My Israel...

And so I have brought from among your enemy even one from Ishmael, to rule over you for a time and a season, foreordained, until that foretold is accomplished and the king of fierce countenance rules. Then, by that deception conceived of by your enemy and this transgressor, him being full of lofty and elevated words, lies and dark speeches sold as hope, will it return against him ten-fold of the same, by him called Perdition.

Yet remember this: Nothing exists outside of Me, says The Lord, neither does anything continue outside My will; for even the evil of this present world is set within the confines of My will. For evil acts and brings forth of its own, yet is unaware that nothing is hidden before Me; neither has anything come to pass, nor will be, that I have not already beheld... And this, O arrogant and deceived generation, is why I said, "All was written and completed, even before the foundation of the world."

For I am God! THE GOD!...

The God of Abraham,

The God of Isaac,

The God of Jacob!....

The God of all!...

Even of all that is known and unknown,

The Creator of all things...

The Everlasting, who is from everlasting to everlasting...

I AM.

(Volume 7 - http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5... )
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

This forum continues to be about anything but atheism LOL. You guys avoid your nothing like Obama will avoid his record.

Drew you have insufficient evidence to support your nothing. Feel free to refute. You could also present an accountable position of belief vs my long ago stated one. Of course, we know you will slither away from that reasonable proposition.
Stumping antitheists since 2009 with the audacity of asking what they believe.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Rose you are a bigot and a coward. You have yet to present any evidence or accountable position. You just hate a God you don't believe in. Kind of crazy, but whatever.
1. If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
2. There is no evidence of your conscience.
3. Your conscience does not exist.
Once again Rose refuses to debate. I have tutored you on what the difference is between belief and disbelief. I'm not here to convert you, I'm here to expose you.
How long will the loons avoid their illogical nothing? Stay tuned.
Stump Rose! Ask her what she believes.
Still nothing Rose. That's purposeful as you don't dare debate vs a prime mover. I will laugh at Drew's nothing next. No wonder people think ill of atheists. It's not the nothing per se, but the character flaws. I won't give up on you though.
Come on, tell us about this magic nothing that poofs universes.
Stump an antitheist! Explain the difference between belief and disbelief. Shame, shame
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 62,000 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

John wrote:
you have insufficient evidence to support your nothing
I'm not making a claim, John, so how can I have "insufficient evidence"?

You're like a prosecuting attorney claiming that the defense must present an alternative theory of the case. And that prosecuting attorney would be in error. The prosecuting attorney must make his own case. If he fails, the defense need not do anything at all.

So where's your evidence, John? If you don't have any, withdraw your claim.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

You know if you dropped the ad hom attacks and straw man factory perhaps something you post would be worth reading. As it is you are a bigoted troll who relies on semantics yet doesn't want the same semantic word games used against him.

Clear case of you can dish it but can't take it.

In conclusion I have asked repeatedly for the post where skeptic claimed in HIS words Egypt didn't exist, reptiles do not exist, the moon landing didn't occur. In response I got your and turd nugget's commentary semantic Bullsht. Repeatedly you have failed and will continue to do so. You are a believer in God and a devout fundamentalist in the truest sense of the word.

Nobody would argue so passionately about God if they were a non believer. It would be stupid and futile. I don't think you are quite that stupid. Close? Yes but not quite thy stupid.

I have factually crushed you and turd nugget over a dozen times and you have nothing but ad hom attacks, straw man and bs semantic word games you stole from Eric Hovind.

I humbly accept your surrender in the debate.

Have fun in church this Sunday.

You are dismissed now.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If so, then you have no right to say this:
<quoted text>
Except just one problem - I SUPPORT your right to say it. You just have the right to be completely wrong (again).
(shrug)
Thanks again for another demonstration of argument via emotion. Let someone know if you decide to be more rational.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

John wrote:
Rose you are a bigot and a coward. You have yet to present any evidence or accountable position. You just hate a God you don't believe in. Kind of crazy, but whatever.
1. If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
2. There is no evidence of your conscience.
3. Your conscience does not exist.
Once again Rose refuses to debate.
Liar. You are the one who won't debate.
I've addressed the above several times.
1. Not necessarily. Unlike the supposed god, I'm not all powerful and all knowing. It could be possible for me to have a conscience, yet there be on evidence of it.
2. My posts are evidence of my conscience.
3. You can't get anything right.
John wrote:
I have tutored you on what the difference is between belief and disbelief. I'm not here to convert you, I'm here to expose you.
How long will the loons avoid their illogical nothing? Stay tuned.
Stump Rose! Ask her what she believes.
Still nothing Rose. That's purposeful as you don't dare debate vs a prime mover.
Again, you lie!
Let's debate.
Do you think it's possible for god to exist, yet there be no evidence of his existence!?
John wrote:
I will laugh at Drew's nothing next. No wonder people think ill of atheists. It's not the nothing per se, but the character flaws. I won't give up on you though.
Come on, tell us about this magic nothing that poofs universes.
Stump an antitheist! Explain the difference between belief and disbelief. Shame, shame
People think ill of atheists because we make them think and question the beliefs that comfort them so much.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "HA HA YOU SILLY ATHEISTS THINK SOMETHING CAME FROM NOTHING, HA HA!!!"
Seems the fundies aren't any smarter in the atheism forum than they are in the evolution forum.(shrug)
...ahem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Krauss does seem to be suggesting that everything came from nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,981 - 62,000 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••