Atheists on the march in America

There are 70657 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#64935 Nov 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
You have been dismissed halfwit.
Go talk to your preacher about it. Sheesh why are the ignorant godbot rejects on here so angry?
Oops looks like I just answered my own question!
Lulz!:))
<quoted text>
You make baseless insults and ad hom attacks because you are a fool. If someone doesn't agree with you call them a "Godbot" to attempt to discredit them. It doesn't matter if they are a believer or not. The fact that you made the accusation puts their comment into question. That is the only tactic you have. I have stated many times that I am not religious. I don't hate religious people or feel the need to call them retards. I hate hypocrites and pompous assholes like you more than people that depend on the theological crutch to get by in life. You depend on putting others down in order to lift yourself up because of your delicate ego. You must be a sad, sad man IRL.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#64936 Nov 13, 2012
You Romney voters are sore LOSERS.

Go lick a Mormon and feel better ok godbot?

:))
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You make baseless insults and ad hom attacks because you are a fool. If someone doesn't agree with you call them a "Godbot" to attempt to discredit them. It doesn't matter if they are a believer or not. The fact that you made the accusation puts their comment into question. That is the only tactic you have. I have stated many times that I am not religious. I don't hate religious people or feel the need to call them retards. I hate hypocrites and pompous assholes like you more than people that depend on the theological crutch to get by in life. You depend on putting others down in order to lift yourself up because of your delicate ego. You must be a sad, sad man IRL.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#64937 Nov 13, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot troll. Obama is a murdering douche bag that uses drone strikes on civilians, extends the patriot act, supports the NDAA, and wants to go to war with Iran. Romney's stance on those issues are exactly the same as Obama's. It doesn't matter who won, we get more war regardless. Yes our country is pregressing and advancing it's military might by leaps and bounds.
Washington and Colorado pass state laws legalizing Marijuana. Obama and the DEA don't care because they believe that state's rights don't matter.
I also love how you morons claim people are socks as if it were fact. You wouldn't know a fact if you were slapped across the face with it.
You honestly believe that Mitt would be better?

United States

#64938 Nov 13, 2012
Well anyways to all the sore losers who will moan for the next four years about Mormon Mitt losing and losing BIG it's time to get used to it.

The GOP are facing horrible prospects for future elections. Their history of racism and marching to the godbot's drums is catching up to them and they are being rejected.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#64940 Nov 13, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot troll. Obama is a murdering douche bag that uses drone strikes on civilians, extends the patriot act, supports the NDAA, and wants to go to war with Iran. Romney's stance on those issues are exactly the same as Obama's. It doesn't matter who won, we get more war regardless. Yes our country is pregressing and advancing it's military might by leaps and bounds.
Washington and Colorado pass state laws legalizing Marijuana. Obama and the DEA don't care because they believe that state's rights don't matter.
I also love how you morons claim people are socks as if it were fact. You wouldn't know a fact if you were slapped across the face with it.
You act as if Obama created the DEA, but the feds have been thumping their chests at least since medical marijuana was legalized in CA. And the reality is, we have more pot shops in LA than Starbucks.
http://www.potlocator.com/
John

Osborn, MO

#64941 Nov 13, 2012
Don't worry Obama is making things equitable, righting wrongs, picking winners and losers. This community organizer knows what to do LOL. Disregard every quantifiable fact out there. You dumb asses think we are worried about the Republican party? I would suggest the horrific consequences go beyond party affiliation.

I've embraced it though. Now I just air back and watch it burn. You did that!!

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#64942 Nov 13, 2012
John wrote:
Don't worry Obama is making things equitable, righting wrongs, picking winners and losers. This community organizer knows what to do LOL. Disregard every quantifiable fact out there. You dumb asses think we are worried about the Republican party? I would suggest the horrific consequences go beyond party affiliation.
I've embraced it though. Now I just air back and watch it burn. You did that!!
You should probably avoid political discussions like you avoid scientific ones, because you are too stupid for even that.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#64943 Nov 13, 2012
John wrote:
62,316 posts in and not one bigot has any evidence at all that meets their criteria for evidence in this arena.
We're not the ones making the claim, John.

You know that.

You're the one making the claim. And you have no evidence to show for it.

You know that, too.

Chicago, IL

#64944 Nov 13, 2012
The sore losers best get used to it. It will be a while before they see another GOP reject in the White House unless they seriously change from the ground up.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You act as if Obama created the DEA, but the feds have been thumping their chests at least since medical marijuana was legalized in CA. And the reality is, we have more pot shops in LA than Starbucks.
http://www.potlocator.com/

North Hollywood, CA

#64945 Nov 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
The sore losers best get used to it. It will be a while before they see another GOP reject in the White House unless they seriously change from the ground up.
<quoted text>
Romney lost because he showed contempt for MOST of America.

Chicago, IL

#64946 Nov 13, 2012
That's a common thread in the GOP.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#64947 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You honestly believe that Mitt would be better?
I didn't vote for either

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#64948 Nov 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
You Romney voters are sore LOSERS.
Go lick a Mormon and feel better ok godbot?
<quoted text>
Depends on what that Mormon looks like.
Theist.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#64949 Nov 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney lost because he a douche bag and most people knew it wouldn't have been any better than it is now.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#64950 Nov 14, 2012
I see you have no evidence or accountable position Drew. Thanks for nothing. What claim have I made again? Go back to your bigotry. You loons stump for nothing and Obama. You're damn near brain dead.

Anything going on in the middle east today? How is the Muslim brotherhood behaving in Egypt? We need more Obama wars and secret prisons LOL. Your ignorance will and is costing us all. Conrats on your ahem win.

Lexington, KY

#64951 Nov 14, 2012
Hmmm you keep posting the same thing over and over no matter what. I believe you are autistic.

Rain man sounding reject!

Ya definitely stump an anti theist ya definitely stump an anti theist ask them definitely what they believe. Ya oh ya.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
John wrote:
I see you have no evidence or accountable position Drew. Thanks for nothing. What claim have I made again? Go back to your bigotry. You loons stump for nothing and Obama. You're damn near brain dead.
Anything going on in the middle east today? How is the Muslim brotherhood behaving in Egypt? We need more Obama wars and secret prisons LOL. Your ignorance will and is costing us all. Conrats on your ahem win.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#64952 Nov 14, 2012
John wrote:
I see you have no evidence
Evidence for *what*, John? The purpose of evidence is to support *claims*. But I'm not making a claim as to the origin of the Universe, so why would I need any evidence?

You're not making sense (as usual).

You, on the other hand, are making a claim as to the existence of a "prime mover".

But you've produced no evidence.

So your claim fails.

Lexington, KY

#64953 Nov 14, 2012
Uh oh ya rain man John there has no evidence for a prime mover but he definitely ya oh ya definitely has evidence of being autistic.

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence for *what*, John? The purpose of evidence is to support *claims*. But I'm not making a claim as to the origin of the Universe, so why would I need any evidence?
You're not making sense (as usual).
You, on the other hand, are making a claim as to the existence of a "prime mover".
But you've produced no evidence.
So your claim fails.

North Hollywood, CA

#64954 Nov 14, 2012
John wrote:
Why are you fundies so fixated on Obama?

North Hollywood, CA

#64955 Nov 14, 2012
1. If god existed, there would be evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. There is no god.

Still waiting for a debate.
Remember, atheism is just a lack of belief in god.
So, anybody out there want to debate? I know John doesn't, or he would have by now.
Let's start with point one. Could a god like the god of the bible exist, yet we have no evidence of his existence? What do I mean when I say, "like the god of the bible"? I mean a god who is all knowing, all powerful, and promises to be involved in our lives and to answer prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 46 min thetruth 7,459
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 48 min thetruth 239,089
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 52 min thetruth 7,360
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 1 hr Siro 105
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 18 hr hpcaban 30
News .com | What hope is there without God? May 20 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web