Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#64919 Nov 11, 2012
It's already happening and will only get better. I am very optimistic about the future. I know these things don't happen over night or even over a lifetime but things are pointing in the right direction.

:)
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm sure it's going to be amazing. And I'm hoping more and more people will give up fundie beliefs!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#64920 Nov 12, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Four more years!
Four more years!
Four more years!
<quoted text>
Of Drone strikes on innocent civilians. Yay! Obama! Wat to earn that peace prize by killing brown babies.

Scottsburg, IN

#64921 Nov 12, 2012
Want to earn that Nobel peace prize by killing brown babies?

Or maybe you meant.

Way to earn that Nobel peace prize by killing brown babies!

Always glad to help the slow witted like yourself.

You're welcome.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Of Drone strikes on innocent civilians. Yay! Obama! Wat to earn that peace prize by killing brown babies.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#64922 Nov 12, 2012
John wrote:
In my world facts are still facts.
In your world, you make claims that you can't back up with evidence.
John

United States

#64923 Nov 12, 2012
What is evidence? For example you gave US rules for evidence in this arena but never could provide an example. Move in Drew, your agenda is obvious to normal people. Meaning, it may work on liberal atheists.

I noticed you provided no accountable position.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Tampa, FL

#64925 Nov 12, 2012
John wrote:
What is evidence? For example you gave US rules for evidence in this arena but never could provide an example.
If you don't have any evidence that fits the rules, John, then why do you require an example?

And yes, I gave you an example, because *you* were unable to define the "arena".

The "arena" are those things that either exist or do not exist.

The Eiffel Tower exists. I provided rules for evidence, and used those rules to provide an example of the evidence that supported a belief that the Eiffel Tower exists.

You claim that a "prime mover" exists. The rules for evidence are the same: objective and unambiguous.

You can't meet those criteria. You can't suggest any better rules.

You're a fraud and an Internet troll, John. Why do you waste your time here when everyone can see that?
John

United States

#64926 Nov 12, 2012
Thanks for the Eiffel tower flashback Lmao. Why did you start asking what arena we were debating three years in? Have you just been trolling? Since we didnt agree on evidence I asked you for rules for evidence. Objective and unambiguous huh? Do you have an example in this arena. Of course you don't. You just make stuff up to avoid your nothing. This is an atheism forum and I am perfectly content exposing you.

I.offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in.a prime mover vs any other. What did Drew and the crew do? They won't debate their ambiguous and irrational nothing. These nuts have voted for Obama twice and fought hard for their nothing.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

Tampa, FL

#64927 Nov 12, 2012
John wrote:
Why did you start asking what arena we were debating three years in?
Because you've never defined it. I've pointed that out to you quite some time ago.
John wrote:
Have you just been trolling?
I'm not the one here who keeps posting the same posting over and over again, despite the fact that his questions have been answered.
John wrote:
Since we didnt agree on evidence I asked you for rules for evidence.
Which I provided, quite some time ago.
John wrote:
Objective and unambiguous huh? Do you have an example in this arena.
If the arena is "things that either exist or do not exist", then I have already provided such an example.
John wrote:
I.offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in.a prime mover vs any other.
A meaningless offer, since you have no evidence and can provide no reasons.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#64928 Nov 12, 2012
John wrote:
What is evidence? For example you gave US rules for evidence in this arena but never could provide an example. Move in Drew, your agenda is obvious to normal people. Meaning, it may work on liberal atheists.
I noticed you provided no accountable position.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Normal people are abnormal and abominations of nature. There is no normal in biological organisms. You need to learn some science some day, you may just open your mind up to real beauty for once.
John

United States

#64929 Nov 12, 2012
62,316 posts in and not one bigot has any evidence at all that meets their criteria for evidence in this arena. Drew will argue for years about something he doesn't even know he is arguing about.

We know nothing is absurd, but you loons spend all your time attacking a prime mover. I'll debate the evidences for that vs any other accountable position. That's where it ends. You are intellectual cowards that do whatever they can to deflect from the facts of your nothing.

Many claim to have answered my simple question. What do you believe is the beginning/always was of the universe? Don't skip steps now and make sure it is evidence backed.

Atheism exposed 101.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#64930 Nov 12, 2012
John wrote:
62,316 posts in and not one bigot has any evidence at all that meets their criteria for evidence in this arena. Drew will argue for years about something he doesn't even know he is arguing about.
We know nothing is absurd, but you loons spend all your time attacking a prime mover. I'll debate the evidences for that vs any other accountable position. That's where it ends. You are intellectual cowards that do whatever they can to deflect from the facts of your nothing.
Many claim to have answered my simple question. What do you believe is the beginning/always was of the universe? Don't skip steps now and make sure it is evidence backed.
Atheism exposed 101.
Aw, you haven't addressed anything, therefore, you inherently lost.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#64931 Nov 12, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Want to earn that Nobel peace prize by killing brown babies?
Or maybe you meant.
Way to earn that Nobel peace prize by killing brown babies!
Always glad to help the slow witted like yourself.
You're welcome.
<quoted text>
Correcting a typo. Great win.

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#64932 Nov 12, 2012
Factually crushing you is so damn easy. Perhaps you should switch over to your nano screen name so I can humiliate you on that one as well?:))

The American people won this election and we won big. We are progressing and advancing, your ilk are fading like a bad fart in Mormon Mitt's magical Mormon underpants!

Lulz :))

Ok half wit that'll do, you are dismissed now.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Correcting a typo. Great win.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#64933 Nov 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Factually crushing you is so damn easy. Perhaps you should switch over to your nano screen name so I can humiliate you on that one as well?:))
The American people won this election and we won big. We are progressing and advancing, your ilk are fading like a bad fart in Mormon Mitt's magical Mormon underpants!
Lulz :))
Ok half wit that'll do, you are dismissed now.
<quoted text>
Idiot troll. Obama is a murdering douche bag that uses drone strikes on civilians, extends the patriot act, supports the NDAA, and wants to go to war with Iran. Romney's stance on those issues are exactly the same as Obama's. It doesn't matter who won, we get more war regardless. Yes our country is pregressing and advancing it's military might by leaps and bounds.
Washington and Colorado pass state laws legalizing Marijuana. Obama and the DEA don't care because they believe that state's rights don't matter.
I also love how you morons claim people are socks as if it were fact. You wouldn't know a fact if you were slapped across the face with it.

United States

#64934 Nov 13, 2012
You have been dismissed halfwit.

Go talk to your preacher about it. Sheesh why are the ignorant godbot rejects on here so angry?

Oops looks like I just answered my own question!

Lulz!:))
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot troll. Obama is a murdering douche bag that uses drone strikes on civilians, extends the patriot act, supports the NDAA, and wants to go to war with Iran. Romney's stance on those issues are exactly the same as Obama's. It doesn't matter who won, we get more war regardless. Yes our country is pregressing and advancing it's military might by leaps and bounds.
Washington and Colorado pass state laws legalizing Marijuana. Obama and the DEA don't care because they believe that state's rights don't matter.
I also love how you morons claim people are socks as if it were fact. You wouldn't know a fact if you were slapped across the face with it.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#64935 Nov 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
You have been dismissed halfwit.
Go talk to your preacher about it. Sheesh why are the ignorant godbot rejects on here so angry?
Oops looks like I just answered my own question!
Lulz!:))
<quoted text>
You make baseless insults and ad hom attacks because you are a fool. If someone doesn't agree with you call them a "Godbot" to attempt to discredit them. It doesn't matter if they are a believer or not. The fact that you made the accusation puts their comment into question. That is the only tactic you have. I have stated many times that I am not religious. I don't hate religious people or feel the need to call them retards. I hate hypocrites and pompous assholes like you more than people that depend on the theological crutch to get by in life. You depend on putting others down in order to lift yourself up because of your delicate ego. You must be a sad, sad man IRL.

Scottsburg, IN

#64936 Nov 13, 2012
You Romney voters are sore LOSERS.

Go lick a Mormon and feel better ok godbot?

:))
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You make baseless insults and ad hom attacks because you are a fool. If someone doesn't agree with you call them a "Godbot" to attempt to discredit them. It doesn't matter if they are a believer or not. The fact that you made the accusation puts their comment into question. That is the only tactic you have. I have stated many times that I am not religious. I don't hate religious people or feel the need to call them retards. I hate hypocrites and pompous assholes like you more than people that depend on the theological crutch to get by in life. You depend on putting others down in order to lift yourself up because of your delicate ego. You must be a sad, sad man IRL.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#64937 Nov 13, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot troll. Obama is a murdering douche bag that uses drone strikes on civilians, extends the patriot act, supports the NDAA, and wants to go to war with Iran. Romney's stance on those issues are exactly the same as Obama's. It doesn't matter who won, we get more war regardless. Yes our country is pregressing and advancing it's military might by leaps and bounds.
You honestly believe that Mitt would be better?

United States

#64938 Nov 13, 2012
Well anyways to all the sore losers who will moan for the next four years about Mormon Mitt losing and losing BIG it's time to get used to it.

The GOP are facing horrible prospects for future elections. Their history of racism and marching to the godbot's drums is catching up to them and they are being rejected.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#64940 Nov 13, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
You act as if Obama created the DEA, but the feds have been thumping their chests at least since medical marijuana was legalized in CA. And the reality is, we have more pot shops in LA than Starbucks.
http://www.potlocator.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 3 min lightbeamrider 1,750
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr nanoanomaly 27,240
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 128
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 57,830
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 5,954
god belief down to 28% in UK 6 hr Eagle 12 123
carbon 14 dating very inaccurate (Jun '12) 7 hr Eagle 12 72
More from around the web