Americans are abandoning religion in droves

Sep 21, 2013 Full story: Ukiah Blog Live 90

In the two years leading up to his death this past February, the legal and political philosopher Ronald Dworkin was completing a slim volume with a weighty title.

Full Story

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#41 Nov 27, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah........
Atheists are always the first to rail against racism and support all sorts of left wing crap.
And then you fart this out...."You argument seems to be based on the idea that because someone fell out of a particular woman of a particular bloodline they share the in the sins of the bloodlines members..."
Welllllllll????
What have you done to compensate black people?
Now you will say that you owe nothing, and yet you and your fellow hypocrites will bitch about "white privilege" and that all black americans must get reparations and that all blacks must be given affirmative action jobs in govt.
And the cause of all evil in the world is white christianity, white finance and republican voting middle aged men.
And of course the evil racist white society is to blame.
In your shrink wrapped mind, all white people are racist oppressors, all of them........except atheists.
So tell me why dawkins should get a free pass when your filthy ilk has decided all white govts, institutions, societies and people are collectively guilty of racism and a dozen other types of ism?
How many blacks have you got living with you?
How many do you employ?
Nah......thought not........
"Atheists are always the first to rail against racism and support all sorts of left wing crap." Who said atheism was left wing? Who said that atheists are always the first to rail against racism? Not me all I said was that you were pointing an accusing finger at someone for falling out of someone else. And what do you mean by "rail against racism and support all sorts of left wing C***." Is the fight against things like this left wing C***?

"And then you fart this out...."You argument seems to be based on the idea that because someone fell out of a particular woman of a particular bloodline they share the in the sins of the bloodlines members..."
Welllllllll????
What have you done to compensate black people?" I call a red herring, how does that question relate to my suggestion that your argument is a "sins of a father" argument. And you don't even get the question right! Here is the real question what can I done to compensate black people? Nothing, nothing can come close to compensating for what my ancestors did. All we can do now is make sure that it never happens again to anyone and reverse the damage (which is not the same as compensation) my ancestors caused, what they did can never be undone or made up for.

"Now you will say that you owe nothing,and yet you and your fellow hypocrites will bitch about "white privilege" and that all black americans must get reparations and that all blacks must be given affirmative action jobs in govt." You were expecting a particular reply weren't you... To bad my statement above didn't fit into your script.

"And the cause of all evil in the world is white christianity, white finance and republican voting middle aged men." I feel like going off script again because I actually think that religion as a whole is the cause of all evil in the world never mind any "form" of christianity.

"In your shrink wrapped mind, all white people are racist oppressors, all of them........except atheists." Every time I want to go off you script in this post and the ones after I will just indicate with an X, and this is a big X.

"So tell me why dawkins should get a free pass when your filthy ilk has decided all white govts, institutions, societies and people are collectively guilty of racism and a dozen other types of ism?" X

"How many blacks have you got living with you?" How is this relevant?

"How many do you employ?" Why do you think I own or manage a business?
LCNLin

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42 Nov 27, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
"Richard Dawkins is not responsible for his ancestor behavior" oh my what a groundbreaking statement...
"He does seem to doubt the religion of atheism ?" Atheism isn't even an ideology yet alone a religion.
"Might be thought of as a TV star selling books, for which he has earned a good income." He isn't a celebrity, sure he has got a lot of money selling books but he hasn't reached celebrity status (though he has a times gotten uncomfortably close...).
"Billy Gragham look-a-like?" What the F***!? What point are you trying to make..?
"Atheism isn't even an ideology yet alone a religion."

Then why are you posting a defense ?

LOL
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#44 Nov 27, 2013
Lincunt did a full 180 on Dawkins today.
Lincut admitted Dawkins had been saying he was an Atheist and an agnostic for decades.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You call atheism a religion, and we explain is a disbelief in religion.
You call atheism an ideology, and you ask why a defense is being posted -when its a disbelief in religion.
Make your mind up troll...you're looking stupider by the minute.
lutinentdan

Kingsport, TN

#45 Nov 27, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
What is exciting today is that we are finding true spirituality in the universe around us simply by exploring it in depth scientifically!

What is, is. To reject what is because it conflicts with a specific religion is insane! But yet we have over 32000 sects of Christianity alone that have chosen primitive myths over reality to govern their lives and are afraid to think things through lest they be destroyed or tortured for eternity by a wrathful and vengeful god for questioning his earthly representatives!

We are rapidly exposing the primitive fear and hate based religions built on primitive myths, and the damage they do to society, more and more, as we begin to learn about the true nature of reality.

Science has confirmed the existence of a greater reality that is actually responsible for the projection of what we normally think of as reality with such experiments as the confirmation of Bell's theorem on entangled particles that demonstrates the reality of something outside of this universe.

Science does not know much about this greater reality but logically it is an incredibly vast form of consciousness in order for it to be able to synchronize the whole universe.

Plus we have the emerging understanding of the holographic nature of what is and the research currently being done that if validated will confirm what the historical Jesus and other mystics have been saying for centuries!

The days of primitive religions that teach of god(s) of hate and violence battling each other in a fragmented universe are numbered.

The children growing up today will be able to clearly recognize the absurdity of religions that deny reality and teach of hate and judgment such as the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses and their barbaric bloodbath theology that has damaged so many lives with it's apocalyptic nonsense!

And then there are the other forms of Patriarchal Hierarchical Christianity that teach of hellfire that also contribute to the insanity that is endangering the earth!

All of these religions share one thing in common. They depend on their own personal interpretations or the interpretations of their masters, of a collection of books (the bible ) that contradict each other, considering this collection of books the inherent word of their god(s) and picking and choosing passages that can be loosely interpreted to support their respective religions from the books and then rejecting the reality that contradicts the books!

We all should get informed as to what is going on and help to wake humanity up to the reality that religion refuses to accept!
;f
LCNLin

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#46 Nov 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Lincunt did a full 180 on Dawkins today.
Lincut admitted Dawkins had been saying he was an Atheist and an agnostic for decades.
<quoted text>
"Itís a floor wax!

Itís a dessert topping!

Itís a floor wax and a dessert topping!"
spellcheck

Florissant, MO

#47 Nov 27, 2013
The circle of life is part of all humans. We are the work of God and cannot dispel Faith in God and therefore one another. Anyone who breaks the circle is Godless and therefore, less then human. Are you afraid to hold a hand, touch a face, hold a baby? Are you really sure you know the truth? I am holding your hand, please hold mine.

Thinking

Windsor, UK

#48 Nov 27, 2013
Hitler said the same about non believers and got christards to man his gas chambers.
spellcheck wrote:
The circle of life is part of all humans. We are the work of God and cannot dispel Faith in God and therefore one another. Anyone who breaks the circle is Godless and therefore, less then human.
LCNLin

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49 Nov 27, 2013
spellcheck wrote:
The circle of life is part of all humans. We are the work of God and cannot dispel Faith in God and therefore one another. Anyone who breaks the circle is Godless and therefore, less then human. Are you afraid to hold a hand, touch a face, hold a baby? Are you really sure you know the truth? I am holding your hand, please hold mine.
1. Atheists love to make fun of those who believe.

2. Atheist get upset when others make fun of their philosophy :-)

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#50 Nov 27, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
But he believes in milking the stooges who worship him.
<quoted text>
How can he be consistent when he identifies himself differently depending on the time and context?
So he is either a hustler or a BS artist who makes up crap as he goes along.
Then again he is probably both.
We've been through this before ..... we don't buy the books, you lot do. Check out LClin, he is constantly posting excerpts. That will only help the man sell more books

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#51 Nov 27, 2013
13 arabs going the desert in the bronze age, no food or water just sand, and every one is happy, why didnt this god of yours go to paradise
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Atheists love to make fun of those who believe.
2. Atheist get upset when others make fun of their philosophy :-)
roblogger

Taupo, New Zealand

#52 Nov 27, 2013
Well if you feel religions are not exactly for you then a good tip is to say you are agnostic; that exempts you from the ranks of the unbelievers without committing you to a doctrine. After all whats wrong with God?
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#53 Nov 28, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
"How many do you employ?" Why do you think I own or manage a business?
You are right, you dont own or mange a business because you couldnt run one (apart from running it into bankruptcy)
You cant run a business
You cant even run a hot bath
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#56 Nov 28, 2013
Lots.
roblogger wrote:
Well if you feel religions are not exactly for you then a good tip is to say you are agnostic; that exempts you from the ranks of the unbelievers without committing you to a doctrine. After all whats wrong with God?

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#58 Nov 28, 2013
This makes barock, the anti-Christ very happy.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#59 Nov 28, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, you dont own or mange a business because you couldnt run one (apart from running it into bankruptcy)
You cant run a business
You cant even run a hot bath
You how I said I post 27 that "You haven't added anything intelligent, and I find it hard to see how both you and the daily mail don't know this." Posts like this where you just take one little bit and go name calling, all while ignoring the rest of the post you are responding to, does not help deal with such accusations...

You know what you are trying to do but you can't actually succeed, so you are done (if you weren't already).
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#60 Nov 28, 2013
roblogger wrote:
You're kidding, right? What's wrong with God? You have read or at least heard of all his evil doings, like, I don't know, wiping out all living things in a flood? Commanding people to kill stone their disobedient children. Make victims of rape, marry their rapist. Endorse the owning of another human being, called slavery. Torcher good people for an eternity, because he's annoyed someone doesn't believe in him, when he never reveals himself?

What's wrong with God, you ask? EVERYTHING! Religious people worship out of fear. They are so afraid, they have the audacity to call him a loving God.

One of the only good characters in the Bible is Satan. What has he ever done as atrocious as God.

Lucky for us, he's not real, or at very least has never been proven.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#61 Nov 28, 2013
Careful, siro also posts as leon_the_14 and he can magick you bad.

Skim through siro's nonsense without breaking into a grin - if you can.(I couldn't)

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/occult/TNFCUVO...
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
You how I said I post 27 that "You haven't added anything intelligent, and I find it hard to see how both you and the daily mail don't know this." Posts like this where you just take one little bit and go name calling, all while ignoring the rest of the post you are responding to, does not help deal with such accusations...
You know what you are trying to do but you can't actually succeed, so you are done (if you weren't already).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#62 Nov 28, 2013
Great. Folks are starting to use their own logic and think for themselves instead of how they're told to think

Unfortunately there are atheist crazies just like religion fanatics. I respect the freedom of choice and respect others choices.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#64 Nov 29, 2013
roblogger wrote:
Read the comment of Spellchecker above (post 47). Some try to link gods and religion to morality and even sometimes imply that those without such 'beliefs' are somehow less moral or trustworthy.

It also depends which god(s) you are refering to. Obviously, the idea of an interventionist god(s) is largely discredited now, Abrahamic god(s) and these...
godchecker.com
even more so. If people keep superstitious belief in a god(s) to themselves it wouldn't be so bad, but religion can infect politics; law (religious courts challenge 'one law for all'); science (Creationism); education (school segregation in the UK and elsewhere); etc.

Then there's the 2012 poll indicating that only about 54% of USAmericans would vote for a non-believer. And this...
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...
and the prejudice against gays. Religious beliefs often seem a cover for idle prejudice, or even perhaps helo to provide a motivation for them in some people.

Jonny Eve sings it as it is,(if a bit coarsely)...
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...
and there's nothing wrong in saying so.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#65 Nov 29, 2013
Surely it depends what the choice is.

What if someone advocated using black magic to harm others?
Would you respect that choice?
Imagurl wrote:
Great. Folks are starting to use their own logic and think for themselves instead of how they're told to think
Unfortunately there are atheist crazies just like religion fanatics. I respect the freedom of choice and respect others choices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 8 min NightSerf 1,001
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Insults Are Easier 229,855
Islam for peace, or violence? 26 min Larry 23
Man center of the universe. 54 min Thinking 85
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Dak-Original 22,978
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE