Why are the religious so scared of at...

Why are the religious so scared of atheist?

Created by Very Cynical Person on Jun 8, 2013

35 votes

Click on an option to vote

Because they know atheist are right.

Because atheist know the truth.

Because their faith is not strong.

Because ignorance is bliss.

Because they are afraid of the truth.

All the above.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#101 Jun 19, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but the people who follow the book get offended. Maybe the reason the Christians on here are so mean and always saying everyone but them is going to go to hell is because they are hurt and offended with what you are saying.
Yes some can be insensitive, but most have tried to have an Ernest dialog and have been call every name in the book for pointing out flaws and inconsistencies of their belief system. Truth can hurt, but instead of becoming defensive they should look up what is being stated for themselves. Most just take the word of someone else.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#102 Jun 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You judge everyone here, and then when we confront you about it, you claim that its ok, because you're also judging yourself.
It shows a deep dishonesty and lack of responsibility for your judgemental beliefs.
You have no proof of god, why you are lying about god, nobody knows...
if I said anything to anyone here that is hurtful or offensive, than I'm sorry. I'll be care that to do that next time.

Location hidden

#103 Jun 19, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes some can be insensitive, but most have tried to have an Ernest dialog and have been call every name in the book for pointing out flaws and inconsistencies of their belief system. Truth can hurt, but instead of becoming defensive they should look up what is being stated for themselves. Most just take the word of someone else.
I agree. Can't add much to that.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#104 Jun 19, 2013
Wow, this is interesting. Figured I'd come hang out here, since my main site I hang out at is down for everyone-god, that's such a pain, you know?

So what's going on here?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#105 Jun 19, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
if I said anything to anyone here that is hurtful or offensive, than I'm sorry. I'll be care that to do that next time.
Its your religion that is hurtful as many theists claim. But your religion is not real.

It needs a person to carry its hate, and you are that person (like all believers).

You willingly carry and transmit the hate that religion encourages.

You judge others. When they call you out for your hate, you say "all are judged" as an excuse to minimalise your predjudice against atheists.

Think about it. It is all atheists ask.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#106 Jun 19, 2013
I see it's the usual. No surprise there.

Location hidden

#107 Jun 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"all are judged"
I never heard that before. Is it from the bible?

Location hidden

#109 Jun 20, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard that before. Is it from the bible?
No use trying to change the subject.
LNC Llin

United States

#110 Jun 20, 2013
move along
nothing to see
just the troll who calls those he dislikes "cults"
Shares this with his clone.
Agnostics are more tolerant than this English troll
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No use trying to change the subject.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#111 Jun 21, 2013
Define agnostic, troll.
LNC Llin wrote:
move along
nothing to see
just the troll who calls those he dislikes "cults"
Shares this with his clone.
Agnostics are more tolerant than this English troll
<quoted text>

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#112 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are Atheists so scared of the Bible? Answer: they will spend eternity in Hell, FOREVER.
I'm still confused as to why christians cannot grasp the fact that atheists are not afraid of hell because they do not believe that hell exists. This lifestyle that you choose to lead does not appeal to them, or they would have already become a part of it. Most atheists are informed of every way that any of the verses in your bible can be interpreted, and they don't even care about the book, yet they have to learn it better than you so that they can attempt to defend their right to just live life without the harassment of laws that continue to be made in the name of your religion...

It just seems to me that if you are going to have the audacity to think that your head is screwed on any straighter than mine, then you need to understand that you are the one who is continuing to fight with someone who has already told you several times, "I don't believe in God" I personally believed in God once. I also believed in the Easter bunny, and Santa, and I grew out of those as well. I can only hope that you will do the same, and not continue with the condemnation of people into your hell.

Location hidden

#113 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still ignorant. VERY! Why don't you publically admit that you are Biblically illiterate?
What part of that was biblically not correct??? lol

Location hidden

#114 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You know if we picked and choose scientific data as the religious pick and chose the words in the bible we would be in real bad shape.
Actually we would be in real good shape darlin...Science has to prove itself before anyone takes it as fact. Unfortunately the only proof that we have about your god is a book that has been written, and re-written, and re-written, and even now if I go to read it someone will tell me that I can't take it literally. I fail to see how you think that your way is better somehow.

Location hidden

#115 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It true, then if you have any sense at all you would know you are in DEEP trouble, O Biblephobe.
Read your bible....This was always one of my favorites.

Leviticus 21: 16-23 The Lord said to Moses, 17 “Say to Aaron:‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the Lord, who makes them holy.’”

This one is straight from the NIV version ladies and gentleman. How much more truth can you handle sugar????? I got all kinds of truth from the bible :D

Location hidden

#116 Jun 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your bible....This was always one of my favorites.
Leviticus 21: 16-23 The Lord said to Moses, 17 “Say to Aaron:‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the Lord, who makes them holy.’”
This one is straight from the NIV version ladies and gentleman. How much more truth can you handle sugar????? I got all kinds of truth from the bible :D
What a nice man, caring about the sick and dying...oh wait, he doesn't give a f*ck and doesn't want them anywhere near him...

Location hidden

#117 Jun 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
What a nice man, caring about the sick and dying...oh wait, he doesn't give a f*ck and doesn't want them anywhere near him...
The christian god is a pretty screwed up character for sure.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#118 Jun 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we would be in real good shape darlin...Science has to prove itself before anyone takes it as fact. Unfortunately the only proof that we have about your god is a book that has been written, and re-written, and re-written, and even now if I go to read it someone will tell me that I can't take it literally. I fail to see how you think that your way is better somehow.
You have seriously misunderstood "Very Cynical Person's" post

Location hidden

#119 Jun 21, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>You have seriously misunderstood "Very Cynical Person's" post

Thank you for pointing that out. After reading it again I can see where I got confused. Thank you.

Location hidden

#120 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
This is not in response to this post, but I must apologize for a post that I responded to too quickly. After it being pointed out, and after re-reading I see where I got confused. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding :) Don't be mad.

Jackson, MO

#121 Jun 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not in response to this post, but I must apologize for a post that I responded to too quickly. After it being pointed out, and after re-reading I see where I got confused. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding :) Don't be mad.
I'm sure we've all done that a time or two.
At least you are a great example of someone that can admit a mistake, apologize for it, and move on.

Christians, on the other hand, freak out, call names, slam biblical verses in our face, and refuse to research where they went wrong.

My hat is off to you, good sir or madam :)
(And the poster that helped you figure out your mistake..we're all in this together!!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min ChristineM 256,604
Good arguments against Christianity 5 min emperorjohn 221
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Patrick 43,354
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 22 min Patrick 18,652
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 25 min Patrick 778
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 32 min Patrick 10,076
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr u196533dm 596
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr karl44 21,218
More from around the web