Why are the religious so scared of at...

Why are the religious so scared of atheist?

Created by Very Cynical Person on Jun 8, 2013

35 votes

Click on an option to vote

Because they know atheist are right.

Because atheist know the truth.

Because their faith is not strong.

Because ignorance is bliss.

Because they are afraid of the truth.

All the above.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#81 Jun 17, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
"Morals have nothing to do with any religious belief, other than how you were raised."
Then why curse the way you were raised? Unless, your parents didn't use the bible, take you to church, or any of the other Christian values they have. Why insult their book, just because it is no longer yours?
The bible says that all atheists are fools. Its a wonder this vile, unproven piece of sh8t is even legal.

Location hidden

#82 Jun 17, 2013
If believing that all atheists are fools (even ones you've never met) is a christian value - I speak for the whole planet when I say f*ck your dumb cult.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#83 Jun 17, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
"Morals have nothing to do with any religious belief, other than how you were raised."
Then why curse the way you were raised? Unless, your parents didn't use the bible, take you to church, or any of the other Christian values they have. Why insult their book, just because it is no longer yours?
Because the bible is a horrible book, just like Mein kampf.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#84 Jun 17, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is saying don't point out faults. But calling the Christian holy book "buybull" is an insult not a truth.
The bibull is no more relevant than the book of the dead.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#85 Jun 17, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is saying don't point out faults. But calling the Christian holy book "buybull" is an insult not a truth.
I would call it satirical as one cannot insult a book. It makes a point, that's all.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#86 Jun 17, 2013
swerty wrote:
Burn Nonbelievers
"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
So the next time some Christian tells you about the "love of God", show them this page and ask them "Why does God want me to burn animals and humans?"
<quoted text>
thank for you informative post. I did not know that.
Half the things I know about Christianity is due to the atheist on this forum. I remember reading a thread about angels rebelling against God and there was a verse to back it up(always good to cite). I did think much about it and just left it at that. I just felt like it was an interesting fact that I learned about christanity, I didn't plan to do anything with it. Then the very next day this Christian guy comes along trying to convert me and other Muslims. And the way he was trying to convert us was by telling us that christanity and Islam have the same believe about angels. Then I posted the verse you guys had and he did a complete 180 and left us alone. I didn't know Christians lied about their religion. I was really shocked.

Location hidden

#87 Jun 17, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I would call it satirical as one cannot insult a book. It makes a point, that's all.
Yeah but the people who follow the book get offended. Maybe the reason the Christians on here are so mean and always saying everyone but them is going to go to hell is because they are hurt and offended with what you are saying.

Location hidden

#88 Jun 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says that all atheists are fools. Its a wonder this vile, unproven piece of sh8t is even legal.
If that's the case, the bible thinks I'm a fool too but I'm not going to go and insult it. I don't like their behavior so why would I act like them. Fighting fire with fire only make a bigger fire. At least they never tried to hurt you for you believes. This grown man tried to beat me up one time for being a Muslim and I said to him "is that something Jesus would do?" He got anger and I'm afraid he would have killed me if it wasn't for this man who was near by where we were.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#89 Jun 17, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me anywhere that I have ever stated that.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#90 Jun 17, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but the people who follow the book get offended.
I suggest they stop 'following a book'.
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the reason the Christians on here are so mean and always saying everyone but them is going to go to hell is because they are hurt and offended with what you are saying.
No offence intended but they can be offended if they must. Religionists have wasted many hours of my time and many have often been far more dismissive, curt and rude about my views than I have ever been about anybody's.

If they don't like the views of non-believers they can take religious crap to the Religion Forum.

Religionists real problem is that they aren't used to their superstitious nonsense being described as such.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#91 Jun 17, 2013
Shouldn't it be atheists, not atheist?

Location hidden

#92 Jun 17, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me anywhere that I have ever stated that.
I apology if you never do that but I am speaking generally.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#93 Jun 17, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I apology if you never do that but I am speaking generally.
I accept that.

You will notice that most of my comments (not all) become unpleasant after the one I am trying to have a dialog with becomes hateful or disingenuous. I am human after all and not perfect so yes I can become a little spiteful at times.

I guess what really gets my goat is if I ask a question of someone that made an absolute claim and then they will do everything they can to avoid answering and/or backing up the claim.

Location hidden

#94 Jun 17, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest they stop 'following a book'.
<quoted text>No offence intended but they can be offended if they must. Religionists have wasted many hours of my time and many have often been far more dismissive, curt and rude about my views than I have ever been about anybody's.
If they don't like the views of non-believers they can take religious crap to the Religion Forum.
Religionists real problem is that they aren't used to their superstitious nonsense being described as such.
Well, I know Christian can be mean and not all of them turn the other cheek but I myself decided I would not stoop to their level. They have a whole channel insult people that aren't Christian.(fox news). Their favorite targets are Muslims and atheists. Do you see Muslim and atheists doing that? No, because by insulting others they are actually making themselves look bad. They have lost respect from everyone else.(not all Christians are seen in this light or like this). So acting like them even the smallest bit is going to lead you in the situation they are in.

Location hidden

#95 Jun 17, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept that.
You will notice that most of my comments (not all) become unpleasant after the one I am trying to have a dialog with becomes hateful or disingenuous. I am human after all and not perfect so yes I can become a little spiteful at times.
I guess what really gets my goat is if I ask a question of someone that made an absolute claim and then they will do everything they can to avoid answering and/or backing up the claim.
thank you. You are right, we are all human and slip sometimes. I'm not blaming you at all for that because that would make me a hypocrite. It's ok to make mistake and lose your temper sometimes but I just don't want it to become a norm. If everyone thinks its ok and is encouraged to do it,imagine what this forum or even the world would be like. Not a nice place to live at all.

Location hidden

#96 Jun 17, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the case, the bible thinks I'm a fool too but I'm not going to go and insult it. I don't like their behavior so why would I act like them. Fighting fire with fire only make a bigger fire. At least they never tried to hurt you for you believes. This grown man tried to beat me up one time for being a Muslim and I said to him "is that something Jesus would do?" He got anger and I'm afraid he would have killed me if it wasn't for this man who was near by where we were.
Its a typical theist tactic to claim that you are not judging US, but YOURSELF TOO.

Its another example of theist dishonesty and how theists are unable to take responsibility for judging others.

They hide behind claiming that they are jugding themselves as well (They start off by judging YOU first though!!)

It makes the insult less judgemental if they smear it across the whole of humanity.

How you theists can't even realise that you are doing this is beyond most of us atheists.
Siro

Ashfield, Australia

#97 Jun 18, 2013
Am I truly supposed to be scared by halfwits like you lot of dead roaches?

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#98 Jun 18, 2013
I didn't go into any hotel rooms, I swear. I just was investigating them and found a really interesting collection of food in them and sort of woke up the young mistress, who screamed bloody murder at me.....things got ugly from there on.

Location hidden

#99 Jun 18, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a typical theist tactic to claim that you are not judging US, but YOURSELF TOO.
Its another example of theist dishonesty and how theists are unable to take responsibility for judging others.
They hide behind claiming that they are jugding themselves as well (They start off by judging YOU first though!!)
It makes the insult less judgemental if they smear it across the whole of humanity.
How you theists can't even realise that you are doing this is beyond most of us atheists.
who did I judge? Let me know so I can apologize.

Location hidden

#100 Jun 19, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
who did I judge? Let me know so I can apologize.
You judge everyone here, and then when we confront you about it, you claim that its ok, because you're also judging yourself.

It shows a deep dishonesty and lack of responsibility for your judgemental beliefs.

You have no proof of god, why you are lying about god, nobody knows...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 4 min Eagle 12 4,352
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 9 min Eagle 12 9,737
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Patrick 13,305
News Speaking for God 1 hr Richardfs 593
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr superwilly 255,311
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr renee 31,308
There are no such things as gods or fairies 9 hr Eagle 12 34
More from around the web