A Proof That God Exists

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#1797 Jun 25, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>-------

Another one stuck to a mistake hard to die because it was mistakenly taught for 2,300 years. It is time to wake up and smell the coffee of the truth. The universe had a beginning as an evidence that it was caused to exist. I am disappointed at atheists
whom I thought were not so stiff-necked to let the stone age go. Hey Lacez, it is time to leave the cave behind. There is a much larger world out there. You are behaving like a Christian who is supposed to walk by faith and not by sight, according to 2 Cor.5:7.
You really don't make much sense.

You claim everything has to have a beginning, then say your god has no beginning.
Then you try insulting everyone when they call you out on your hypocrisy and stupidity.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#1798 Jun 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. In fact, it is BB cosmology, which is based on General Relativity, that shows why the universe cannot be caused: time is part of the universe (i.e, spacetime) and causality requires time.

[QUOTE] I am disappointed at atheists
whom I thought were not so stiff-necked to let the stone age go."

YOU are the one using the Aristotelian notions of causality.

[QUOTE] Hey Lacez, it is time to leave the cave behind. There is a much larger world out there. You are behaving like a Christian who is supposed to walk by faith and not by sight, according to 2 Cor.5:7."

Irony.
Yes, it is, isn't it?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1799 Jun 27, 2013
Aside from all this back and forth talk...there is no proof of "god". You cannot use the bible as proof...it should not have to be explained why.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#1800 Jun 29, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
----
Really! So answer my question. Did the universe cause itself to exist?
It is really rather simple...no. Nothing can cause itself, since a cause must exist before that which is caused. Pm has told you this over and over, yet you don't seem to grasp the point.
Shibolet wrote:
If it had a beginning how did that happen?
And the answer to that is "We don't know...yet." We may never know. One thing is sure though...the "answers" that religion proposes are utterly useless. All they do is allow you to pretend you know something you don't.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#1801 Jun 29, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>It is really rather simple...no. Nothing can cause itself, since a cause must exist before that which is caused. Pm has told you this over and over, yet you don't seem to grasp the point.

Shibolet wrote, "
If it had a beginning how did that happen?"

And the answer to that is "We don't know...yet." We may never know. One thing is sure though...the "answers" that religion proposes are utterly useless. All they do is allow you to pretend you know something you don't.
Exactly, knowledge requires proof, not guesses.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#1802 Jun 29, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the BB theory, the universe is uncaused.
<quoted text>
And your understanding is deficient. The universe is uncaused in the BB theory, but caused under Aristotelian cosmology.
<quoted text>
LeMaitre was certainly a great scientist. He also chided the Pope for using the BB theory as a proof of the God concept, pointing out that the science stands or falls on its own and offers no proof of theology.
-----

Behold! An atheist trying to discredit Lemaitre just because he was a theist. According to him the BB was an evidence for the beginning of the universe. If something had a beginning it was caused because matter cannot cause itself to exist.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#1803 Jun 29, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. In fact, it is BB cosmology, which is based on General Relativity, that shows why the universe cannot be caused: time is part of the universe (i.e, spacetime) and causality requires time.
<quoted text>
YOU are the one using the Aristotelian notions of causality.
<quoted text>
Irony.
------

Aristotle didn't even have the notion of causality. For him the universe was eternal. Without a beginning and without an end. You are an embarrassment to Atheism.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#1804 Jun 29, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
Aside from all this back and forth talk...there is no proof of "god". You cannot use the bible as proof...it should not have to be explained why.
-----

I don't need the Bible to prove God. I have the universe that could not cause itself to exist. Stop dreaming!

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#1805 Jun 29, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really rather simple...no. Nothing can cause itself, since a cause must exist before that which is caused. Pm has told you this over and over, yet you don't seem to grasp the point.
<quoted text>
And the answer to that is "We don't know...yet." We may never know. One thing is sure though...the "answers" that religion proposes are utterly useless. All they do is allow you to pretend you know something you don't.
----

I am the one who has said that for something that does not exist cannot cause itself to exist and not Pm. You have to attribute the idea to him probably because you think that a theist is not able of such a lofty idea. I was simply trying to trap you. Therefore I have made it clear that something cannot cause itself to exist. Hence, the Primal Cause is implied.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#1806 Jun 29, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
I don't need the Bible to prove God. I have the universe that could not cause itself to exist. Stop dreaming!
So did your god cause itself into existence?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1807 Jun 29, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
So did your god cause itself into existence?
Oh let me make a prediction... Special pleading!!!!

God always existed. He always was. He is outside of time and therefore never began. He is infinite!

:-o. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh spit son

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1808 Jun 29, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
I don't need the Bible to prove God. I have the universe that could not cause itself to exist. Stop dreaming!
I can't stop dreaming! It happens every night when I fall asleep....you stop day dreaming lol. Alright, enough with that talk...now...who/what created or caused God into existance? Keep in mind that I don't believe he/she exists so please don't expect me to believe it, but I'm interested.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1809 Jun 29, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
----
I am the one who has said that for something that does not exist cannot cause itself to exist and not Pm.
And you would be... wrong.

Again.

Sadly, being wrong seems to be your main attribute.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#1810 Jul 3, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
----
I am the one who has said that for something that does not exist cannot cause itself to exist and not Pm. You have to attribute the idea to him probably because you think that a theist is not able of such a lofty idea. I was simply trying to trap you. Therefore I have made it clear that something cannot cause itself to exist. Hence, the Primal Cause is implied.
You really aren't very good at this reading comprehension thing, are you?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#1811 Jul 3, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
------
Aristotle didn't even have the notion of causality. For him the universe was eternal. Without a beginning and without an end. You are an embarrassment to Atheism.
You really should go and read some Aristotle before commenting about what he said. Yes, he did have the notion of causality. In fact, he delineated several different types of cause: formal cause, ultimate cause, immediate cause, material cause, etc.

For Aristotle, the universe did have a cause: in particular, an 'ultimate cause' that was in keeping with his idea of divinity as a mind that focused only on itself (beauty, truth, etc).

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#1812 Jul 5, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
So did your god cause itself into existence?
-------

He would not be God if He did it. Be logical!

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#1813 Jul 5, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't stop dreaming! It happens every night when I fall asleep....you stop day dreaming lol. Alright, enough with that talk...now...who/what created or caused God into existance? Keep in mind that I don't believe he/she exists so please don't expect me to believe it, but I'm interested.
------

Again? You guys don't understand esoteric Logic.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#1814 Jul 5, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You really aren't very good at this reading comprehension thing, are you?
----
why because you do not understand what is written? How sad!

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#1815 Jul 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should go and read some Aristotle before commenting about what he said. Yes, he did have the notion of causality. In fact, he delineated several different types of cause: formal cause, ultimate cause, immediate cause, material cause, etc.
For Aristotle, the universe did have a cause: in particular, an 'ultimate cause' that was in keeping with his idea of divinity as a mind that focused only on itself (beauty, truth, etc).
-----

Why don't you teach all the cosmologists who believe that the BB demonstrated the evidence that the universe had a beginning? For more than 2000 years they believed the Aristotelian mistake that the universe was eternal. How can something eternal be caused? How sad you all struggle to uphold the fallacy of Atheism!

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#1816 Jul 5, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-------
He would not be God if He did it. Be logical!
Not if everything needs a cause.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr thetruth 10,786
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr thetruth 244,893
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 2 hr thetruth 42
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr thetruth 20,593
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 hr ChristineW 14,659
John 3:16 5 hr Shizle 70
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 6 hr Shizle 20
More from around the web