The Atheist God

The Atheist God

There are 152 comments on the Daily Kos story from Oct 7, 2013, titled The Atheist God. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

An odd title I know, but maybe not as odd as one might think. I am an Atheist in the purest sense, but I am still in some ways forced to contemplate God, though it may not be my own.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#145 Dec 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
the irony.... in the above post... is ... hilarious.
The pot calling the kettle black, huh?
The religious love to call atheists bigots when we dismiss their fairy tales even though they do the same to each other.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#146 Dec 11, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is Lucifer, and he's been reincarnated. Both he, and Adam (Satan) have been reincarnated and both will be executed by the God of Israel. Isaiah 27:1, Ezekiel 28:18. Lucifer means "morning star" and that is who Jesus claims to be. Revelation 22:16. He is Satans counterfeit messiah and the "second Adam"
It looks like you ordered extra crazy sauce to go with that deep dish personal pan delusion.



Again.



Just stop it.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#147 Dec 11, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
The pot calling the kettle black, huh?
The religious love to call atheists bigots when we dismiss their fairy tales even though they do the same to each other.
Indeed.

They just don't seem to make the leap from their rival's hated gods to their own.

It would be universally funny to watch; except for all the wars, of course.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#148 Dec 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
the irony.... in the above post... is ... hilarious.
The Messiah will be persecuted and mocked. Time will tell, Bob, and the world will know it. Xmas is December 13th and it's been thirty years. The Messiah should come in the next year, 1984 was "the acceptable year of the Lord" Isaiah 61:2.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#149 Dec 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like you ordered extra crazy sauce to go with that deep dish personal pan delusion.
Again.
Just stop it.
We're never going to survive unless we get a little crazy. Seal. Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease, and there is no soundness in my flesh". All the actors in the play are here and have been brought together. Satan thought he could escape it, but all he did was fulfill it. The only person missing is king David. He's probably also Jewish and lives in Israel.

Judged:

14

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

UK

#150 Dec 11, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Messiah will be persecuted and mocked. Time will tell, Bob, and the world will know it. Xmas is December 13th and it's been thirty years. The Messiah should come in the next year, 1984 was "the acceptable year of the Lord" Isaiah 61:2.
God is a fake orgasm, always coming but never arriving.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#151 Dec 11, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Messiah will be persecuted and mocked. Time will tell, Bob, and the world will know it. Xmas is December 13th and it's been thirty years. The Messiah should come in the next year, 1984 was "the acceptable year of the Lord" Isaiah 61:2.
LOL!

Your sort of insanity revels in being "persecuted".

In truth? You are anything but-- you have it so well, and you don't even realize it.

Sad.

By the way? 1984 has come and gone... your silly "messiah" was a no-show.

As expected.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#152 Dec 11, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>We're never going to survive unless we get a little crazy. Seal. Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease, and there is no soundness in my flesh". All the actors in the play are here and have been brought together. Satan thought he could escape it, but all he did was fulfill it. The only person missing is king David. He's probably also Jewish and lives in Israel.
Will they be wearing clown shoes?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#153 Dec 12, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Your sort of insanity revels in being "persecuted".
In truth? You are anything but-- you have it so well, and you don't even realize it.
Sad.
By the way? 1984 has come and gone... your silly "messiah" was a no-show.
As expected.
My Messiah came and was in the newspapers thirty years ago. Two movies were made about her. "Attack of the fifty foot shrunken apple head woman" and "Desperately seeking Susan". She ended the Cold War, restored pride to the military, and got the Jews out of Russia. Isaiah 11:6 "...and a little child shall lead them". I was 22 years old and have been in a biblical learning process. When all this happened, I was biblically illiterate. Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant..."

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#154 Dec 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>My Messiah came and was in the newspapers thirty years ago. Two movies were made about her. "Attack of the fifty foot shrunken apple head woman" and "Desperately seeking Susan". She ended the Cold War, restored pride to the military, and got the Jews out of Russia. Isaiah 11:6 "...and a little child shall lead them". I was 22 years old and have been in a biblical learning process. When all this happened, I was biblically illiterate. Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant..."
You should write a book ...'Postcards from Over the Edge'...

I'm starting to think you generate these little gems to convince someone that you need continued care. If it makes you feel any better ... I'm convinced. I mean, you're not running around LOOSE are you?!?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#155 Dec 14, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You should write a book ...'Postcards from Over the Edge'...
I'm starting to think you generate these little gems to convince someone that you need continued care. If it makes you feel any better ... I'm convinced. I mean, you're not running around LOOSE are you?!?
Her post was funny...you have to admit that. I mean Desperately seeking Susan had me falling on the floor.
Jim

UK

#156 Dec 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>My Messiah came and was in the newspapers thirty years ago. Two movies were made about her. "Attack of the fifty foot shrunken apple head woman" and "Desperately seeking Susan". She ended the Cold War, restored pride to the military, and got the Jews out of Russia. Isaiah 11:6 "...and a little child shall lead them". I was 22 years old and have been in a biblical learning process. When all this happened, I was biblically illiterate. Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant..."
Instead of getting you the proper healthcare you need, christians will sign you up to church and call you 'saved'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min ChristineM 14,936
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 20 min Reason Personified 152
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 23 min Brian_G 34,988
There are no such things as gods or fairies 58 min Amused 102
Majority of Scots now have no religion 1 hr Amused 163
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 1 hr Amused 138
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr An NFL Fan 20,075
More from around the web