The tyranny of religion and the freed...

The tyranny of religion and the freedom of atheism

There are 177 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 15, 2014, titled The tyranny of religion and the freedom of atheism. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

On occasion, the atheist podcast and radio show " Reasonable Doubts " will feature an interview with a high-profile atheist who was formerly a religious activist.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

BoNoBoS vs My Space Age

Gridley, CA

#42 Jan 21, 2014
We Theists invented this internet
with the specific purpose
of using it to befuddle
stupid criminopaths.

Atheists just like you.

The express summation
of the giant intellectual booger

you proudly display
on the end of
your philosophical Head-Louse scraper

is that if everybody knew what fun it was,
they'd all go back to living in skins
dying at 28
from infection
from bug bites.

Or starvation.

Are you starting to see why we loath you with a loathing only those having invented a space age,

feel toward Bonobos?
BoNoBoS vs My Space Age

Gridley, CA

#43 Jan 21, 2014
Wrong Answer BonoboBilly.
The computer I'm on is directly invented by my Christianic Empire to befuddle Atheists.
They said they'd stop us praying so we invented the internet
and put them out of business. End of story.
That's after we had to invent the Printing Press. To print the Bible.
You have everything you have thanks to Christians inventing the Printing Press.
When you atheists invented the Printing Press
what did you invent it to print?
You didn't invent a Printing Press.
You invented the Soviet Union.
When you atheists invented the Modern Industrial Age
What Atheist Country or Atheist Countries invented it?
Oh that's right Christian Civilization invented those.
Using the books we invented to print our Bible
and the Science Age we OBVIOUSLY
invented.
There WERE no Atheist civilizations.
=======
Particle physics was developed by Christianic Civilization.
Not Atheist Civilization.
Theists invented all this.
Not most of it.
All of it.
We gave you the printing press that makes possible
all
you
do.
We made it possible to concentrate knowledge and truth into portable distributable and compact form factors.
Not atheists.
Atheists are Soviets.
Atheists are Bonobos.
They don't pray to a God.
They don't have an electronic space/internet age.
We are letting them borrow and steal from ours.
Because wherever atheists are in charge there's
misery and poverty and starvation and predatory
mass murder and unhinged arrogance that's fake.
TheJackelantern wrote:
[quote]We share philosophy with Bonobos. We want credit for your Christianic age of Light and Truth.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#44 Jan 21, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you have another cheek to turn?
Father Reilly got that one already.
BoNoBoS vs My Space Age

Gridley, CA

#45 Jan 21, 2014
Pumpkin Man we can see you're all pissed off you can't find an atheist that ever even scratched it's name in mud that it wasn't told how by a theist.

We know for a fact Christians changed the world in a way that blows all atheist civilizations out of the water because until there were theists,

there wasn't any writing. There's never been a civilization which was predominately atheist that didn't melt down like those Atheist's nuclear power plant did at Chernobyl.

Before Theists: no formal writing systems with grammars and rules.
After Theists: formal writing systems with grammars and rules.

Before Theists: no printing press.
After Christians: printing press.

From there we have been over it.

Atheists wound up inventing
Marxism
Atheist Communes.

Any big 'Marxist' economies around? LoL.

Any big world altering Atheist Communes? LoL.

We do have a place for atheists we Theists invented.
Academia.
If an atheist can't make it in the real world he goes into Academia.

We have Academia stuffed full of them so they think Atheists are everywhere but actually they're as small a majority as think the Soviet Utopia and Marxism are both actual products of non insane thought processes.

Both those are demonstrated the intellectual work of the infantile and ignorant; undisciplined and utterly delusional social non thinking.

You had the chance to invent civilization.
You admit you had HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of YEARS.

You invented living under logs, covered in scabs and lice, with your intestines riddled with parasitic worms.

Now we invented this whole civilization you think you can simply lie and claim WE owe it to YOU that we're all here.

It's the other way around and that's all there is to it, and you'll like it and say may I have another helping of that Christian Empire Atheist Befuddling Internet full of Light and Truth, PLEASE.

And you'll pay us for it or we'll cut you off and you'll see what life's like without a Christian Empire Printing Press>>>>Space/Int ernet Age.

Hick.
BoNoBoS vs My Space Age

Gridley, CA

#46 Jan 21, 2014
Even the scientists and artists and all of them

who claim they're atheists:

they couldn't exist without our Christian invented books.

You couldn't even have had Egypt's level of sophistication.

No atheist civilization has ever invented a language.
No atheist civilization has ever invented a bronze age.

Atheists couldnt keep up even then. Not even a blip.

Because atheists have the class intellects that believe Marxism could be real.

That enforced communes stealing from everyone so nobody will produce
might be real.

It's real alright.

It's real easy to buy a Russian girl on the internet. Their parents will pack them a lunch and congratulate them on being able to find a job.

Doing anything.
Doing theists.

Atheists are delusionals who forget their very existence is owed to Christian invention of all things Printing Press and beyond.

To the internet Christians invented specifically to wipe out Atheist hack hick bullshoot story about "Oh we're so smart and ahead of you."

You were over there fighting over the last shot of vodka to kill the pain.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#47 Jan 21, 2014
<quoted text>Theist: in possession of a positive claim.
A-theist: not ^ that guy, no claim!
You just can't force it to be any more than that.
Newborn babies are atheist: no theism.
Infants are atheist: no theism.
Toddlers are atheist: no theism.
Not enough children are to remain atheist. Too many are being indoctrinated before they reach an age that they might make good decisions for themselves. I think you ought to tell them all the truth, that your buybull god might make thier Mommy and Daddy cook and eat them. Then see if you can bulldoze them into worshipping a god with penis issues and a liking for hemorrhoidal tissue.
You can really twist your logic all you want for your own needs but that will never make it correct.
Being a 'knowing' atheist is based on the concept of denying there are one or more supreme beings as in theism.
As for newborns, infants and toddlers they mature NOT having an opinion either way to acknowledge or to deny the existence of one or more supreme beings. Understand? Newborns are neither atheists or theists. They are totally clearly neutral on the matter. As you have done assigning them a position on the matter you are incorrect.
The fact is probably 99.99% of all humans are raised/influenced by some degree of theism from toddler through out childhood years. It's been phrased 'traditional indoctrination'. Just as with an atheist parent(s) their own similar 'traditional indoctrination' is NOT to teach their children theistic beliefs but to keep them from such influences.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#48 Jan 21, 2014
<quoted text>We are simply without the indoctrination that makes you a theist, we are the tea without sugar or lemon, we are the car without decals, we are the garments without labels. We are all we need be, without embellishments.
Your indoctrination, your god, your religion, your theism, are all embelishments. Not at all necessary, but they do define your sect, designate your club,and mark you as one of "them".~ Reason Personified
In the animal world the only know specie that speaks against killing another of the same specie are humans. No other specie has a problem for whatever the motivation may be the killing of another of the specie.
As an atheist from what part of the human mind do you justify the not killing of other humans? I know why theists will say killing another human is wrong. But as an atheist you largely more so represent the other species that have an obvious non-god comprehension and literally accept killing others as a way of life. How do you as a atheist justify not killing others? And why do you justify not killing others? I mean without a god belief (aside of present laws)what's to actually stop you from doing things theism has declared shouldn't be done for it's God based reasoning?
For example. Pretend we're both atheists and you walk up to me and sucker punch me. On what basis of thinking should I say "Hey! That was wrong! You shouldn't have done that!" What reasoning am I basing my response on really? Follow? Theism is based on a premise of right and wrong morals based from one or more supreme beings. Atheism isn't. So what is wrong and right based on from an atheist's view point and how do they know what is wrong and right? How can an atheist decide what is right and wrong from a non-god belief? Where's the base reasoning coming from that demotes what is wrong and right? I see none my self. Early humans were more neutral in their ways of living than we have ever been. It's assumed by science that when an early human male wanted sex he took it. We call that rape. He saw it as satisfying his urges. Got into an argument, they fought till their was a winner much like we see among certain mammals fighting for breeding rights or territory rights or rights to establish one's place in the pack or herd.
Atheists by all 'natural definitions' of what an atheist is, shouldn't be obeying any laws. They should be doing as they please, being unrestricted by a moral code. Survival of the fittest should be the code they live by in spite of laws. Follow?
Amused

Lowell, MA

#49 Jan 21, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You can really twist your logic all you want for your own needs but that will never make it correct.
Being a 'knowing' atheist is based on the concept of denying there are one or more supreme beings as in theism.
As for newborns, infants and toddlers they mature NOT having an opinion either way to acknowledge or to deny the existence of one or more supreme beings. Understand? Newborns are neither atheists or theists. They are totally clearly neutral on the matter. As you have done assigning them a position on the matter you are incorrect.
The fact is probably 99.99% of all humans are raised/influenced by some degree of theism from toddler through out childhood years. It's been phrased 'traditional indoctrination'. Just as with an atheist parent(s) their own similar 'traditional indoctrination' is NOT to teach their children theistic beliefs but to keep them from such influences.
You apparently don't know much about atheists. Most atheists do not keep children away from such influences. Most atheists allow their children to learn about anything that their curiosity draws them to.

So long as we have imparted good critical thinking skills to the child, we are OK with whatever beliefs or non-beliefs the child derives from use of his/her reason. My reason leads me to think there's not enough evidence of god to believe. My child may add things up the same way or a different way. So long as I have taught him to think for himself, and not just accept anything uncritically, I'm OK with however it comes out.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#50 Jan 21, 2014
WhrdMuhAtheistYewToPia Go wrote:
It's agreed you have the toddling infantile intellect of the grub eaters who want to reboot the Soviet Union because Atheism is so superior it'll overcome this round.
Here's the shake-out InvertBilly:
The Lord My God All-Dropping-Down-In-A-Beam-of -Light-Mighty
Said you're a stupid pagan who can't count to "let's invent scratching our names in mud before the theists get here and invent
Government
Writing
Bronze
Iron
Steel
The Industrial Revolution - almost entirely Christianic
including
Steam
Aviation
Submarines
Modern Chemistry
Electricity
Radar
Radio
Television
Satellite Communications
Space Travel
Outer Solar System Instrumentation Craft
Rovers on Mars.
Those belong to my Christianic Empire.
Your Atheist Utopia
Went Belly Up.
H.i.l.l.b.i.l.l.y.
<quoted text>
All that pack of lies and you didn't even come close to a response. But that's OK we know your god can't be defended, he is just too dirty.

Earth,TX

#51 Jan 21, 2014
OH i AiNT GoT oNe YaLL wrote:
Yeah we see all that.
We also saw women men and children charging barbed wire being shot in the back to stop them there were so many trying to leave.
We also see people selling themselves into prostitution to get away from the predatory almost cannibalistic frenzy of want and need everytime the wind blows too long during just one thunderstorm.
People aren't really into Atheist despair and hatred of others because they have a nice warm industrial internet and space, light and truth age.
<quoted text>
Divine Alien/Wayne and Yellowdog have a love child, you.

Earth,TX

#52 Jan 21, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Not having an opinion equals not being a theist, which means that the person who is not theist, can only be atheist. Assigning them a position? No! Atheist is the default. And being a non-believer means that you have rejected one theism or another, it does not mean being atheist. While the atheist may reject theism, it is not necessary to being atheist.
Are you atheist or a non-believer? I am certain that there are theisms that you do reject, does it make you an atheist?

Earth,TX

#53 Jan 21, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
In the animal world the only know specie that speaks against killing another of the same specie are humans. No other specie has a problem for whatever the motivation may be the killing of another of the specie.
As an atheist from what part of the human mind do you justify the not killing of other humans? I know why theists will say killing another human is wrong. But as an atheist you largely more so represent the other species that have an obvious non-god comprehension and literally accept killing others as a way of life. How do you as a atheist justify not killing others? And why do you justify not killing others? I mean without a god belief (aside of present laws)what's to actually stop you from doing things theism has declared shouldn't be done for it's God based reasoning?
For example. Pretend we're both atheists and you walk up to me and sucker punch me. On what basis of thinking should I say "Hey! That was wrong! You shouldn't have done that!" What reasoning am I basing my response on really? Follow? Theism is based on a premise of right and wrong morals based from one or more supreme beings. Atheism isn't. So what is wrong and right based on from an atheist's view point and how do they know what is wrong and right? How can an atheist decide what is right and wrong from a non-god belief? Where's the base reasoning coming from that demotes what is wrong and right? I see none my self. Early humans were more neutral in their ways of living than we have ever been. It's assumed by science that when an early human male wanted sex he took it. We call that rape. He saw it as satisfying his urges. Got into an argument, they fought till their was a winner much like we see among certain mammals fighting for breeding rights or territory rights or rights to establish one's place in the pack or herd.
Atheists by all 'natural definitions' of what an atheist is, shouldn't be obeying any laws. They should be doing as they please, being unrestricted by a moral code. Survival of the fittest should be the code they live by in spite of laws. Follow?
As an atheist, I make no moral judgements and my mind is not compartmentalized into "not kill here" and something else there. As a human my personal choice is to cause no person grief, and to alleviate any suffering that I might happen upon. And that means getting involved with humanity.

You are no less animal than am I, and I don't have a god who has instructed me to stone to death a single human being.

I'll pretend that you have no idea who you are dealing with. I do not sucker punch anyone. Violence is not second nature to me, and there is only one reason that I can imagine that I would hurt someone. You would have already proven yourself to be a threat to my children, for that to happen, and you would know why I would be mopping the planet clean with your remains. I

Have you ever heard of humanity or maybe even empathy? Neither need a god.
Atheist Silurist

Motherwell, UK

#54 Jan 21, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that it's only your theistic belief that prevents you from acting like a homicidal maniac? A psychopath is still a psychopath with or without theistic belief. It may be fortunate for people around you that you do hold a religious belief,but many people who have no such religious hangups live ethically without any problem. The same can't be said for the likes of those pedophile priests that are protected by the Vatican.

Since: Nov 12

Salem, MA

#55 Jan 21, 2014
OH i AiNT GoT oNe YaLL wrote:
Although we see you're committed to the criminopathological hatred of the people who dragged your head louse bitten scab covered monkey out of the
"Living under a rotting log when it's warm enough" age.
You despicable hick.
No wonder people who know atheists say you're the most shallow, evil things since those molesters who infected half the theists at one point.
People would rather have child molesting alcoholic homosexuals ruining their children's childhood memories than live with a bunch of
bug-eating
arrogant
stupid
criminopathic
mass murdering atheists.
THAT
is how bad
YOU are.
People are selling themselves TO THEISTS as PROSTITUTES
for just HOPE to get their children
away from you peoples' evil
self absorbed
manic
insanity.
No offense, but your a complete idiot. And never mind the fact that most of the crime in the world isn't committed by Atheists. Christians make up the majority of the prison population in the United States, and it's not a wonder that the Bible Belt is also the Crime, Homicide, and poverty belt of America to which so happens to also be Tornado Alley.. Maybe GOD is telling you morons something.. Hence get your shit together and perhaps join the rational world.. You fundamentalist fanatics are serious mentally ill and need help. I say that sincerely and not as an intended insult. Any moderate and rational Christian, or Atheist can see your comments are irrational.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#56 Jan 21, 2014
religion is organised paedophilia and terrorism
BoNoBoS vs My Space Age wrote:
We Theists invented this internet
with the specific purpose
of using it to befuddle
stupid criminopaths.
Atheists just like you.
The express summation
of the giant intellectual booger
you proudly display
on the end of
your philosophical Head-Louse scraper
is that if everybody knew what fun it was,
they'd all go back to living in skins
dying at 28
from infection
from bug bites.
Or starvation.
Are you starting to see why we loath you with a loathing only those having invented a space age,
feel toward Bonobos?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#57 Jan 22, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't know much about atheists. Most atheists do not keep children away from such influences. Most atheists allow their children to learn about anything that their curiosity draws them to.
So long as we have imparted good critical thinking skills to the child, we are OK with whatever beliefs or non-beliefs the child derives from use of his/her reason. My reason leads me to think there's not enough evidence of god to believe. My child may add things up the same way or a different way. So long as I have taught him to think for himself, and not just accept anything uncritically, I'm OK with however it comes out.
The atheists I have known with children spent more time keeping their children from religious influences like they avoided themselves than allowing their child to learn of theism. That's indoctrination. You know, where a parent spends time during the up bringing of a child and expressing to them why they believe or don't believe like other kids believe. And most of those children now young adults are mostly atheists like their parents because of their parents influence/indoctrination techniques.
Atheists are no different than theists. They want their children to be as they are in belief or disbelief. Very few of either group open a door for the child to learn on their own as you propose atheists do for children. Fricking bunch of crock.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#58 Jan 22, 2014
<quoted text>Not having an opinion equals not being a theist, which means that the person who is not theist, can only be atheist. Assigning them a position? No! Atheist is the default. And being a non-believer means that you have rejected one theism or another, it does not mean being atheist. While the atheist may reject theism, it is not necessary to being atheist.
Are you atheist or a non-believer? I am certain that there are theisms that you do reject, does it make you an atheist?
That's some twisted logic. To be a theist one has to mentally acknowledge to oneself by rational logic that is how they believe. Like wise, to be an atheist takes the same very process of logical and rational thought.
Thus any person child to adult(adults obviously would be few in this category) who has never given a logical thought as to whether a supreme being exists or doesn't exist wouldn't fit into either category. Understand?
Consider it this way. For one to claim they are an atheist, it means they have given some form of thought to the matter if a supreme being exists or doesn't exist in order to arrive at a decision. It works the same for theists. So those who have never considered the matter can't be fit into either category.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#59 Jan 22, 2014
<quoted text>Not having an opinion equals not being a theist, which means that the person who is not theist, can only be atheist. Assigning them a position? No! Atheist is the default. And being a non-believer means that you have rejected one theism or another, it does not mean being atheist. While the atheist may reject theism, it is not necessary to being atheist.
Of your question I am a theist. I see all sorts of evidence to believe theism is incorrect. But I see more evidence that says something is going on that is beyond our comprehension. Like how in the earth's raw beginning did a single 'supposed' asteroid become slammed into by who knows how many more and always maintained the present course of travel it's in. A little farther out or a little farther in for our rotation and life wouldn't exist as it does. I have never read a single theory to explain that away to my satisfaction. The fact that we are the only planet with life evolved as it is, well that say's it all for that discussion, their is no explanation.
I lean to something intelligent having a hand in our beginning. I can't say what when where or why of that intelligence but it's a feeling I have had since I could remember to remember my feelings.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#60 Jan 22, 2014
<quoted text>As an atheist, I make no moral judgements and my mind is not compartmentalized into "not kill here" and something else there. As a human my personal choice is to cause no person grief, and to alleviate any suffering that I might happen upon. And that means getting involved with humanity.
You are no less animal than am I, and I don't have a god who has instructed me to stone to death a single human being.
I'll pretend that you have no idea who you are dealing with. I do not sucker punch anyone. Violence is not second nature to me, and there is only one reason that I can imagine that I would hurt someone. You would have already proven yourself to be a threat to my children, for that to happen, and you would know why I would be mopping the planet clean with your remains. I
Have you ever heard of humanity or maybe even empathy? Neither need a god.
lol.....fricking please. I'm a threat to your kids? lol....you're the biggest threat to your kids as their parent that will ever be near to them as much as you are around them. You may or may not have already damaged their mentality with or with out purpose as your post here proves your very, very mentally malevolent. You have proved in threatening me with violence you are closer to hurting people be it for reason or no reason. You have proved those you are around constantly stand in jeopardy of your malevolent mental state they know nothing of. When you verbally threaten someone with physical violence you have proved the words humanity and empathy are soundless words for you but to be used when it seems proper for you to use them.
I was having a discussion. I made no threat to you. You decided a need to play tough guy was necessary for some twisted reasoning known to just you. You turned to a state of mental malevolence by your own choosing. You need a chill pill dude, just saying.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#61 Jan 22, 2014
Christianity is anti-intellectual, anti-scientific. For over a millennium Christianity arrested the development of science and scientific thinking. In Christendom, from the time of Augustine until the Renaissance, systematic investigation of the natural world was restricted to theological investigation—the interpretation of biblical passages, the gleaning of clues from the lives of the saints, etc.; there was no direct observation and interpretation of natural processes, because that was considered a useless pursuit, as all knowledge resided in scripture. The results of this are well known: scientific knowledge advanced hardly an inch in the over 1000 years from the rise of orthodox Christianity in the fourth century to the 1500s, and the populace was mired in the deepest squalor and ignorance, living in dire fear of the supernatural—believing in paranormal explanations for the most ordinary natural events. This ignorance had tragic results: it made the populace more than ready to accept witchcraft as an explanation for everything from illness to thunderstorms, and hundreds of thousands of women paid for that ignorance with their lives. One of the commonest charges against witches was that they had raised hailstorms or other weather disturbances to cause misfortune to their neighbors. In an era when supernatural explanations were readily accepted, such charges held weight—and countless innocent people died horrible deaths as a result. Another result was that the fearful populace remained very dependent upon Christianity and its clerical wise men for protection against the supernatural evils which they believed surrounded and constantly menaced them. For men and women of the Middle Ages, the walls veritably crawled with demons and witches; and their only protection from those evils was the church.
BoNoBoS vs My Space Age wrote:
Pumpkin Man we can see you're all pissed off you can't find an atheist that ever even scratched it's name in mud that it wasn't told how by a theist.
We know for a fact Christians changed the world in a way that blows all atheist civilizations out of the water because until there were theists,
there wasn't any writing. There's never been a civilization which was predominately atheist that didn't melt down like those Atheist's nuclear power plant did at Chernobyl.
Before Theists: no formal writing systems with grammars and rules.
After Theists: formal writing systems with grammars and rules.
Before Theists: no printing press.
After Christians: printing press.
From there we have been over it.
Atheists wound up inventing
Marxism
Atheist Communes.
Any big 'Marxist' economies around? LoL.
Any big world altering Atheist Communes? LoL.
We do have a place for atheists we Theists invented.
Academia.
If an atheist can't make it in the real world he goes into Academia.
We have Academia stuffed full of them so they think Atheists are everywhere but actually they're as small a majority as think the Soviet Utopia and Marxism are both actual products of non insane thought processes.
Both those are demonstrated the intellectual work of the infantile and ignorant; undisciplined and utterly delusional social non thinking.
You had the chance to invent civilization.
You admit you had HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of YEARS.
You invented living under logs, covered in scabs and lice, with your intestines riddled with parasitic worms.
Now we invented this whole civilization you think you can simply lie and claim WE owe it to YOU that we're all here.
It's the other way around and that's all there is to it, and you'll like it and say may I have another helping of that Christian Empire Atheist Befuddling Internet full of Light and Truth, PLEASE.
And you'll pay us for it or we'll cut you off and you'll see what life's like without a Christian Empire Printing Press>>>>Space/Int ernet Age.
Hick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min renee 35,031
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 14 min karl44 20,091
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 58 min superwilly 3,710
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 1 hr Thinking 155
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr ChristineM 14,939
There are no such things as gods or fairies 8 hr Amused 102
Majority of Scots now have no religion 8 hr Amused 163
More from around the web