Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics

Aug 12, 2013 Full story: BellaOnline 284

Can Wiccans also be atheists or agnostics? This may seem a strange question because the worship of the Lord and Lady is so central to many Wiccans' daily spiritual practice.

Read more

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#188 Aug 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Mentally I'll passive aggressive liar wi no proof for her claims.
**YAWN.. Wiccan Priest.. MAle..

Goddess you trolls are alike.. No sense at all..

Jonesboro AR

#189 Aug 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>It's doubtful that there was ever intelligent dialogue here.
It looked there might have been a start of one.. then the trolls showed up.. Well that ended that.

Hope the trolls are happy. This forum has just become another pathetic forum full of fool trolls.

Any hope of any rational dialog went to the side. The moment the militant atheist trolls decided any one with faith was a liar.

I really wish that topix would take a more active approach to moderating their forums. Just saying.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#191 Aug 17, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
It looked there might have been a start of one.. then the trolls showed up.. Well that ended that.
Hope the trolls are happy. This forum has just become another pathetic forum full of fool trolls.
Any hope of any rational dialog went to the side. The moment the militant atheist trolls decided any one with faith was a liar.
I really wish that topix would take a more active approach to moderating their forums. Just saying.
That's the way TOPIX has been for a while. Still, the harassment and trolling will make for an interesting read, when I post the screenshots on Facebook. I'm sure that will be real nice for the Sponsors.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#192 Aug 17, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wonder why religious cant take any critisism?
and if one is on public forum,do they expect everyone to agree with anything they say?
Me too.

The **slightest** critical phrase and they go all sociopath on you...

Pagan & Proud is a classic example of this.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#193 Aug 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>It's doubtful that there was ever intelligent dialogue here.
Yet... you keep coming back and dumping your vitriol over and over..

... as in the above.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#194 Aug 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>That's the way TOPIX has been for a while. Still, the harassment and trolling will make for an interesting read, when I post the screenshots on Facebook. I'm sure that will be real nice for the Sponsors.
Go back and re-read your **own** posts-- they are the **most** vitriolic of anyone here.

Including the former champion of vitriol, Skeptic.

That's quite an accomplishment, actually.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#195 Aug 17, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you continue to disappoint.

I had thought you above this sort of shyt.

I see I was wrong.
jimmycricket

Mesquite, NV

#196 Aug 17, 2013
Stupid. Anyone who wakes up in the morning and thinks something is magical and normal about candles, smoke, voodoo, magic man walking on water, magic man rising from the dead, talking snakes, magic boxes carried through the dessert that contains magic powers, etc, etc, etc. are nothing more than brainwashed and delusional.
Know you this. If you are a conscious human being, if you wake up in the morning and you are aware of your own individual consciousness, independent of any other human being, and you "know" that you walk in your own shoes, then you are ( you have to be ) "religious".
Not in the book, rote so forth way, but in the consciousness way.
We all suffer in our own way, all different, but we "all" suffer. This is our punishment for what we did in a "before" life. We are here now, with the terrible knowledge of our own inevitable mortal end, and the accompanying suffering we all are enduring, as punishment.
Something there for all to consider.
I'm not a Christian, but Jesus came close ( as I can see it ) addressing this, with the "you must repent", "you must ask for forgiveness", "you must be born again to enter back into the kingdom of God", "you must be washed in the blood of the lamb" stuff, and with his example of the suffering that he endured as a an example of this suffering of him doing what, in some sense, we are all going through. Maybe that is why Christianity took off.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#198 Aug 18, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the troll. You come in here, talking rubbish and not proving a word of it.

You are no different from a creationist, except you have different brand of mental illness you are trying to sell here.

You think atheists are soft targets
for conversion - its the only reason you are in here.

You're busted and may leave now. Nobody is going to follow your childish wicca fantasy.

If you disagree, why don't you try casting a spell on me and see how far that gets you?

Location hidden

#199 Aug 18, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>That's the way TOPIX has been for a while. Still, the harassment and trolling will make for an interesting read, when I post the screenshots on Facebook. I'm sure that will be real nice for the Sponsors.
Idiots with no proof of god to play victim when given the chance.

Location hidden

#200 Aug 18, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wonder why religious cant take any critisism?
and if one is on public forum,do they expect everyone to agree with anything they say?
its that dangerous combination of arrogance and ignorance

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#201 Aug 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
"attack posts out of the blue"?
What **I** saw was several **pagans** attacking **all** atheist posts-- even if those posts were simply observations or comments.
Sure-- there were **some** atheist posts that were highly critical.
But hardly all of them-- yet, I saw at least three non-atheists go on a rampage of seemingly "revenge" attack-posts, regardless of the actual **content**.
So much for rationality...
First page. There are some people here that cannot grasp that there was a conversation going on that had nothing to do with them, was not targeted at/critical of non-believers, and at no point anywhere has a Pagan pressured or argued for conversion, nor did Pagans post from within the Atheist forum just to bunch panties. There is a post right above yours here that claims we're all just about to start proselytizing, cause they are the Atheist fortune teller, I guess.

Before the thread was derailed, the basic message was to please consider being an Atheist if you don't believe in the Wiccan Gods, and 'hey, you can celebrate the longest night of the year without it being religious for you if you still like to'. A poster can't even say something as simple and un-provoking as that that without being attacked, assumed to be proselytizing, misread and prejudged. I see a lot of Atheist assuming that I somehow mean something completely different and nefarious from what I actually posted with no logical basis for making such a strange assumption. So much for rationality, indeed, and reading comprehension. Or is just that the religion is being replied to rather than the person and what they actually say?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#202 Aug 18, 2013
CShine wrote:
<quoted text>
First page. There are some people here that cannot grasp that there was a conversation going on that had nothing to do with them, was not targeted at/critical of non-believers, and at no point anywhere has a Pagan pressured or argued for conversion, nor did Pagans post from within the Atheist forum just to bunch panties. There is a post right above yours here that claims we're all just about to start proselytizing, cause they are the Atheist fortune teller, I guess.
Some atheists are intolerant of **all** supernatural claims that are posted without any fact or argument to support them.

I did not deny that.
CShine wrote:
Before the thread was derailed, the basic message was to please consider being an Atheist if you don't believe in the Wiccan Gods, and 'hey, you can celebrate the longest night of the year without it being religious for you if you still like to'.
That is the message you got? That if a person isn't willing to join the club, they **must** be kicked to the curb?

I had previous (to this thread) thought higher of the majority of pagans and wicca than such extreme intolerance.

I was under the (apparently false) presumption that they were generally accepting of many and various levels of belief within their communities....

How **wrong** I was! Silly of me to think that they would be ...

.... accepting and nice.

Just from the comments by self-professed pagans, and just from this thread?

I have concluded I was dead-wrong: pagans/wicca can be just as intolerant and bigoted as any Genuine Christian™.

Pagan and Proud is an especially heinous example of such hate and intolerance--- go back and read what he/she wrote.

But even the other pagan/wicca posters seemed to agree with P&P's ugly rantings-- judging by the replies, at least.

I am quite disappointed, really...

... former to this experience? I had (mistakenly) thought that I had nothing to fear or worry from pagans/wicca.

Now I see differently: if they EVER get into POWER?

They will be coming for ME-- just like the Genuine Christians™ have been doing for centuries...

...!!!

Jonesboro AR

#203 Aug 18, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
It should and has been done from time to time as well..

Jonesboro AR

#204 Aug 18, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the troll. You come in here, talking rubbish and not proving a word of it.
You are no different from a creationist, except you have different brand of mental illness you are trying to sell here.
You think atheists are soft targets
for conversion - its the only reason you are in here.
You're busted and may leave now. Nobody is going to follow your childish wicca fantasy.
If you disagree, why don't you try casting a spell on me and see how far that gets you?
**YAWN**

that all you have projection.. So carry on being a fool troll.

Jonesboro AR

#205 Aug 18, 2013
CShine wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the thread was derailed, the basic message was to please consider being an Atheist if you don't believe in the Wiccan Gods, and 'hey, you can celebrate the longest night of the year without it being religious for you if you still like to'. A poster can't even say something as simple and un-provoking as that that without being attacked, assumed to be proselytizing, misread and prejudged. I see a lot of Atheist assuming that I somehow mean something completely different and nefarious from what I actually posted with no logical basis for making such a strange assumption. So much for rationality, indeed, and reading comprehension. Or is just that the religion is being replied to rather than the person and what they actually say?
**sigh** It wasn't you. It is the trolls that have descended here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#207 Aug 18, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
**sigh** It wasn't you. It is the trolls that have descended here.
And you are acting like one yourself-- you presume without reading a single word, that someone's comments are "off topic".

Troll.

That would be .. you.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#208 Aug 18, 2013
Yeah, I heard you say on here earlier that you don't really mind Wiccans. I tend to disagree. The only one I met was really judgmental towards me when I told them I was an atheist. That's a typical reaction that I've come to expect from religious folk, so I usually just keep my mouth shut in real life and don't say a word about it.

Online is refreshing for me, because I can vent out my frustrations. It seems to me that online religious people are more nasty than they are in real life....you'd think they would want to follow the teachings of their sect/doctrine that usually tell them NOT to act that way...but then again, hypocrisy is typically a facet of such organizations.

It's not just religion that's guilty of such wrongdoings, though. Political organizations often act in dirty or underhanded ways, things that would ordinarily get them in trouble if they didn't have money to bribe officials with. The same goes for cults. There was a cult in Mexico that was allowed to drink LSD and become high because they said it was part of their "tradition" and the authorities didn't want to tread upon their "freedom."

I'm all for equality, Bob, but when religions start asking the government to turn a blind eye to them when they start abusing children, start mutilating or killing women or gay people, start dealing in drugs, I'm against it. Who do they think they are, asking to get a free ticket with such things? If we have to serve jail time for doing such things, they are not exempt from it either.

“live and let live”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#209 Aug 18, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Yeah, I heard you say on here earlier that you don't really mind Wiccans. I tend to disagree. The only one I met was really judgmental towards me when I told them I was an atheist. That's a typical reaction that I've come to expect from religious folk, so I usually just keep my mouth shut in real life and don't say a word about it.

Online is refreshing for me, because I can vent out my frustrations. It seems to me that online religious people are more nasty than they are in real life....you'd think they would want to follow the teachings of their sect/doctrine that usually tell them NOT to act that way...but then again, hypocrisy is typically a facet of such organizations.

It's not just religion that's guilty of such wrongdoings, though. Political organizations often act in dirty or underhanded ways, things that would ordinarily get them in trouble if they didn't have money to bribe officials with. The same goes for cults. There was a cult in Mexico that was allowed to drink LSD and become high because they said it was part of their "tradition" and the authorities didn't want to tread upon their "freedom."

I'm all for equality, Bob, but when religions start asking the government to turn a blind eye to them when they start abusing children, start mutilating or killing women or gay people, start dealing in drugs, I'm against it. Who do they think they are, asking to get a free ticket with such things? If we have to serve jail time for doing such things, they are not exempt from it either.
I think you may be confusing persons who profess religion for their own gain with persons who truly believe in their faith. I say to each his own but don't force your beliefs on me.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#210 Aug 18, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Prior to **this** thread?

I used to not mind Wiccans.

Used to.

Seriously-- the advocates for that religion on **this** thread have convinced me that I should be just as wary of them as any other hatecult.

... meh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Don't let atheists grow in influence (Oct '13) 13 min Reason Personified 215
News Debating the God question (Oct '13) 16 min Reason Personified 86
News In the Search for an Alternative to God, One Ra... (Mar '11) 27 min Reason Personified 691
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 33 min Denisova 17,939
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 35 min Reason Personified 14,495
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Agents of Corruption 6,383
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr polymath257 236,821
More from around the web