Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics

Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics

There are 284 comments on the BellaOnline story from Aug 12, 2013, titled Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics. In it, BellaOnline reports that:

Can Wiccans also be atheists or agnostics? This may seem a strange question because the worship of the Lord and Lady is so central to many Wiccans' daily spiritual practice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BellaOnline.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#164 Aug 17, 2013
There are people with different viewpoints-hence, since this is in an atheist forum, nonbelievers are going to post here, regardless of whether or not you like it. Get used to us, we're staying.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#165 Aug 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>They don't care, they're a load of trolls, with their lack-wit responses and absolutely disingenuous claims, between the dumbass that thinks a picture actually does anything other than show a scene from the past with NO context and the fact that the sight itself was an anti-religion sight gives no veracity to it's claims.
I have posted quite a number of reasonable and rational posts--

-- ALL of which you "replied" with hate, invective and abuse.

Why?

You cannot muster up an actual COUNTER-ARGUMENT?

So you simply post abuse, as in the above?

Interesting.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#167 Aug 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
... between the dumbass that thinks a picture actually does anything other than show a scene from the past ...
For an alleged "pagan" you are certainly **defensive** of the Catholic church's involvement with the Nazi government.

Why?

Why are you defending Catholicism like this, if you are **really** a pagan as you claim?

The entire sum of your attack-posts? Is no different that a Genuine Christian™ style.

Interesting...

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#168 Aug 17, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
There are people with different viewpoints-hence, since this is in an atheist forum, nonbelievers are going to post here, regardless of whether or not you like it. Get used to us, we're staying.
Once again, for those of you who seem to NOT be able to read more than 3 sentences without having your hand held and taught to follow along, this is TOPIX, TOPIX cross posts stories into Several different categories by Keywords. Your post is being read in the Pagan/Wicca forum. There's no need to get used to you, off topic rambling and trolling gets removed.
FYI a viewpoint is one thing, trolling, which is what is going on, is quite another.

“My name is Trunks...”

the alternate future

#169 Aug 17, 2013
I doubt that. Anyone is welcome to post here.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#170 Aug 17, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
I doubt that. Anyone is welcome to post here.
Apparently you aren't real familiar with the TOS. Trolls aren't welcomed. People who consistently post off topic spam aren't welcome. That's why there are mechanisms in place to REPORT such violations so they get removed.

“My name is Trunks...”

the alternate future

#171 Aug 17, 2013
I'm not a troll.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#172 Aug 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>They aren't looking for rational, they aren't even remotely attempting to actually discuss anything, they are trolls, and the moment you debunk one of their claims they snap like twigs and revert back to the primate attack method of flinging their feces. They aren't even bright enough to use the supposed standards of their "lack of proof" without screwing them up.
they'll be gone soon enough.
They will move on to troll else where.. Sad as there was an opportunity a intelligent dialog. Just not today.

Jonesboro AR

#173 Aug 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're able to prove any of what you say, you cease looking like an idiot its that simple.
Trust me when I say we've seen them all here.
You are predictable - have no evidence to back up any of your claims and are full of sh*t.
Just give it a few more days and you will start spamming this forum with wicca nonsense, just like the creationists.
YOu are all self important douchebags with no evidence who enjoy playing "pretend" and call this spirituality.
Give us a break liars...
Troll on little troll, troll on..

You projection has been noted an seen for what it is. A small minded fool. With a hate for any thing or any one that does not agree with you..

You do no want any rational conversation. Just insults and stupidity.

So troll on else where little troll..

Jonesboro AR

#174 Aug 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>They don't care, they're a load of trolls, with their lack-wit responses and absolutely disingenuous claims, between the dumbass that thinks a picture actually does anything other than show a scene from the past with NO context and the fact that the sight itself was an anti-religion sight gives no veracity to it's claims.
A Yep..

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#175 Aug 17, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll on little troll, troll on..
You projection has been noted an seen for what it is. A small minded fool. With a hate for any thing or any one that does not agree with you..
You do no want any rational conversation. Just insults and stupidity.
So troll on else where little troll..
What can a troll like you say when she has no proof of any crap she says?

When you are brave enough to prove anything you say, you are allowed rational conversation.

Now go ahead and prove your crap instead of whining

Location hidden

#176 Aug 17, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
They will move on to troll else where.. Sad as there was an opportunity a intelligent dialog. Just not today.
Mentally I'll passive aggressive liar wi no proof for her claims.

Location hidden

#177 Aug 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you aren't real familiar with the TOS. Trolls aren't welcomed. People who consistently post off topic spam aren't welcome. That's why there are mechanisms in place to REPORT such violations so they get removed.
Why are you trolling is and not proving any of your pagan sh*t.

Yu know this ia an athesim forum and atheism thread - you bring your cult here to antagonise.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178 Aug 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you aren't real familiar with the TOS. Trolls aren't welcomed. People who consistently post off topic spam aren't welcome. That's why there are mechanisms in place to REPORT such violations so they get removed.
So how on EARTH do you explain YOUR constant abusive posts?

Hmmm?

You've not said a single nice or rational thing in this entire forum-- not one positive comment.

Even when posting to your fellows? Your comments are still full of hate and vitriol.

Ironic, much?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179 Aug 17, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saddened to see you stoop to the level of vitriol that P&P exhibits.

I recognize your name from other venues, and had always thought you reasonable.

I guess I was wrong.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Leicester, UK

#180 Aug 17, 2013
GilnoKoibito wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought when this topic started to get heated that I had better stop responding or else I would end up with heart palpitations again...I should have listened to myself.
I thought you were being kind and looking for an open discussion, if you are, then I hate to sound mean but your choice of words is going about it all wrong. One cannot understand vocal tone with type, so perhaps I am reading you wrong in this (and if so I GREATLY apologize!)
But it would seem like you are not wanting an open discussion with me about my beliefs at all...it seems like, instead, you have a very biased side of this discussion and only want me to see things your way. Saying things like "stop acting like you believe" and "unless you want to give arguments...you['re] on your own." I wasn't doing this for your personal benefit, I started my comments on this topic to show that there are people out there who do consider themselves Wiccan and agnostic, nothing more and was simply trying to explain how that works since I thought that might help people understand.(And I am not alone in this as I have seen many others that think similar to me out there, I am definitely not the only Wiccan agnostic in existence.)
Again there is a part of me, as I've repeatedly said, that DOES believe. That is what questioning is! Questioning means that a person has begun to ask questions - not that they do not believe or that they completely and blindly believe. It would seem you want nothing more than to have me not believe and I do not understand why. My beliefs or non-belief is none of anyone else's business, I merely wanted to share that there are people like the article mentioned, out there. And I am just fine staying in this questioning stage. I consider it an enlightening experience. I may change and decide one way or the other later on in life, but for the most part I am just fine staying perfectly undecided because I DO believe that none of us know what is or is not out there. I believe that no single person is wrong or right when it comes to religious beliefs or non-belief. I believe that we are free to think whatever we want and no one should have the right to try and change that to suit their tastes. That's proselytization and I must admit, it is something I have never liked or agreed with.
And as far as I am concerned with belief, to each their own.
May everyone find peace with whatever makes them happy.
(And if this sounds upsetting or mean to you, I apologize for stating my opinion and please refer to paragraph #2.)
I'm not sure if you have notice my reply or haven't had the time but it's post 143.
xianity is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#181 Aug 17, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
Can Wiccans also be atheists or agnostics? This may seem a strange question because the worship of the Lord and Lady is so central to many Wiccans’ daily spiritual practice. But the short answer is yes. It is possible to concentrate on the cultural aspects of Wicca rather than its religious concepts.
According to the Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, Eleventh Edition, the definition of atheism is,“1. archaic: Ungodliness, Wickedness 2a: a disbelief in the existence of deity, b: the doctrine that there is no deity.” And, from the same source, here is the definition of agnostic:“1: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly: one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god.”
----------
any dictionary describing atheism as Wicked is obviously kristain propaganda and should be dismissed as biased,
anyone worshiping Lord or Diety is not atheist,
it takes balls to question god and religion and be honest with yourself and the knowledge that death is the End,,
hope for afterlife and Imaginary friend wholl help you in life is main reasons for believing and worshiping those,,
believe what you want just dont expect rational folk to join in your fantasy
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were talking about christianity you would be right.. But not in the Pagan religions. In the main our Gods and Goddesses are not there fulfill some sort of "heavenly reward".
interesting,
what purpose do your gods or your belief in those serve?
btw what gods do you believe in,

www.godchecker.com
xianity is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#182 Aug 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saddened to see you stoop to the level of vitriol that P&P exhibits.
I recognize your name from other venues, and had always thought you reasonable.
I guess I was wrong.
I often wonder why religious cant take any critisism?
and if one is on public forum,do they expect everyone to agree with anything they say?

“My name is Trunks...”

the alternate future

#183 Aug 17, 2013
For the most part, sadly, the answer is yes.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#185 Aug 17, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
It's doubtful that there was ever intelligent dialogue here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min ChristineM 20,560
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min ChristineM 255,854
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr replaytime 40,135
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr DanFromSmithville 15,722
A Universe from Nothing? 4 hr Reason Personified 18
Good arguments against Christianity 15 hr superwilly 90
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 17 hr Into The Night 175
More from around the web