Langoliers needs a shrink

Posted in the Atheism Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
captain speaking

Denver, CO

#1 Mar 26, 2013
Does anyone else wish this nut job would go away?

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#2 Mar 26, 2013
I don't. Guys like him are the best argument for atheism that anyone could ask for! Iean, who ould want to be in the same gup s him? LOL

“Tis the Season for Reason!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#3 Mar 26, 2013
The best thing to do is to completely ignore him and not respond to any of his posts. It works for me, anyway.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#4 Mar 26, 2013
You're right.

The more fuckwits like them post, the more people eschew religion.
The serpent was right wrote:
I don't. Guys like him are the best argument for atheism that anyone could ask for! Iean, who ould want to be in the same gup s him? LOL

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5 Mar 26, 2013
I'd say an exorcist would be more useful. He could be cured instantly with a spell, but then his value as an example of who you wouldn't want to be would vanish, and we need that type here. Religion is anything but loving and peaceful, and he is prime example of the decency and love for his fellow man, that a god can bring into a person's life.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#6 Mar 26, 2013
More to the point, starting a thread just to say nasty things about one of the forum's contributors, however little most of us value those contributions, is antithetical to the forum's basic purpose, not to mention spiteful and childish. This has happened a few times in the past, and I'm always surprised that they remain active for even a day. I would rather think that most of us are better than that.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7 Mar 27, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
More to the point, starting a thread just to say nasty things about one of the forum's contributors, however little most of us value those contributions, is antithetical to the forum's basic purpose, not to mention spiteful and childish. This has happened a few times in the past, and I'm always surprised that they remain active for even a day. I would rather think that most of us are better than that.
Sorry, but you may not have considered all aspects of this. There is hardly a place on this earth where he could not rant to his hearts desire, with any and all of the same words he and others use against us here, and he would be welcomed to speak his mind, and not sanctioned for it.

For me and I think many others like me, this is the only place that I have those same rights. This is where I can have my say, and not be threatened nor abused for it, at least not with methods using anything more than words.

In these threads, I will not hold my tongue, nor should I. I am not of a nature to be vilified without appropriate comeback, and that comeback sometimes(but not always)does include the same weapons that the opponent would use against me.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#8 Mar 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but you may not have considered all aspects of this. There is hardly a place on this earth where he could not rant to his hearts desire, with any and all of the same words he and others use against us here, and he would be welcomed to speak his mind, and not sanctioned for it.
For me and I think many others like me, this is the only place that I have those same rights. This is where I can have my say, and not be threatened nor abused for it, at least not with methods using anything more than words.
In these threads, I will not hold my tongue, nor should I. I am not of a nature to be vilified without appropriate comeback, and that comeback sometimes(but not always)does include the same weapons that the opponent would use against me.
Responding in kind within existing threads is one thing, but starting a thread for the sole purpose of insulting a single user is childishly spiteful. That was true when Skeptic was the target and it's true now. This thread has no reason to exist.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 Mar 27, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Responding in kind within existing threads is one thing, but starting a thread for the sole purpose of insulting a single user is childishly spiteful. That was true when Skeptic was the target and it's true now. This thread has no reason to exist.
Educated what has his own threads too. Lango will get bored eventually, and come back every two weeks like all trolls do.
Siro

Ringwood East, Australia

#10 Mar 27, 2013
NightSerf you are up against the Club Maltheist clique. They probably consider you a sell out because you are not spewing all manner of insults at us believers or lying your head off as the clique does.
As far as I know no-one has a problem with you or even Khatru (to a large extent).
Sure, there is the possibility of decent rational debate but there is a single malignant factor that prevents this and that is Boob of QF with his sidekick Skeptic.
Everyone will say that Im a hateful person, but I only got into nasty mode after Boob and his punk repeatedly insulted me and other believers for explaining what we believe.
The Club Maltheist clique are also dreadful liars, if Topix atheism got rid of Boob, Skeptic, KK and Reason Personified this could be a reasonably decent board.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#11 Mar 27, 2013
You never honestly explained what you believe.
You lied as Tad.
You lied as Siro.
I really don't think you should choose who gets to post.
Siro wrote:
NightSerf you are up against the Club Maltheist clique. They probably consider you a sell out because you are not spewing all manner of insults at us believers or lying your head off as the clique does.
As far as I know no-one has a problem with you or even Khatru (to a large extent).
Sure, there is the possibility of decent rational debate but there is a single malignant factor that prevents this and that is Boob of QF with his sidekick Skeptic.
Everyone will say that Im a hateful person, but I only got into nasty mode after Boob and his punk repeatedly insulted me and other believers for explaining what we believe.
The Club Maltheist clique are also dreadful liars, if Topix atheism got rid of Boob, Skeptic, KK and Reason Personified this could be a reasonably decent board.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#12 Mar 27, 2013
If all the historic books of the Bible were blotted from the memory of mankind, nothing of value would be lost.

TopixBibleThumpers™ are a POSTER CHILDREN for atheism... we thank you for your unwitting support.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13 Mar 27, 2013
Siro wrote:
NightSerf you are up against the Club Maltheist clique. They probably consider you a sell out because you are not spewing all manner of insults at us believers or lying your head off as the clique does.
As far as I know no-one has a problem with you or even Khatru (to a large extent).
Sure, there is the possibility of decent rational debate but there is a single malignant factor that prevents this and that is Boob of QF with his sidekick Skeptic.
Everyone will say that Im a hateful person, but I only got into nasty mode after Boob and his punk repeatedly insulted me and other believers for explaining what we believe.
The Club Maltheist clique are also dreadful liars, if Topix atheism got rid of Boob, Skeptic, KK and Reason Personified this could be a reasonably decent board.
Atheist ......... theist.

Mal-atheist ...... no.
Mal-theist ......... yes.
Bad theist!
You, are bad theist.

“Tis the Season for Reason!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#14 Mar 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist ......... theist.
Mal-atheist ...... no.
Mal-theist ......... yes.
Bad theist!
You, are bad theist.
The only bad atheist is one who believes in a god

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#15 Mar 27, 2013
Siro wrote:
NightSerf you are up against the Club Maltheist clique. They probably consider you a sell out because you are not spewing all manner of insults at us believers or lying your head off as the clique does.
As far as I know no-one has a problem with you or even Khatru (to a large extent).
Sure, there is the possibility of decent rational debate but there is a single malignant factor that prevents this and that is Boob of QF with his sidekick Skeptic.
Everyone will say that Im a hateful person, but I only got into nasty mode after Boob and his punk repeatedly insulted me and other believers for explaining what we believe.
The Club Maltheist clique are also dreadful liars, if Topix atheism got rid of Boob, Skeptic, KK and Reason Personified this could be a reasonably decent board.
Have you ever noticed that people rarely respond to my posts with insults? That's because I treat others with courtesy, if not respect. You, on the other hand, rarely, if ever, post without insults as a primary or secondary motivation. In fact, I can't remember the last time that I read one of your posts that included anything of substance along with those insults.

You get what you give, Siro, and you insult someone with every post that you write as far as I can tell. Most of those responding in kind at least make points in the process that attempt to advance the conversation. You don't. Why is that? Don't you have any useful ideas to contribute? Do you really enjoy the "food fights" that you begin and maintain? If your purpose is to avoid meaningful dialogue, you are succeeding beyond measure. But why would anyone want to do that?
Amused

Bridgewater, MA

#16 Mar 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist ......... theist.
Mal-atheist ...... no.
Mal-theist ......... yes.
Bad theist!
You, are bad theist.
Maybe a "maltheist" is someone who believes in an evil god. It would seem to be redundant, as most theists profess to believe in a god who is supposed to be all good, but, if his various biographies (bible, koran, etc.)were to be credited, is profoundly evil, to the point of being a sociopath, commanding genocides, ordaining brutal executions for trivial offenses like gathering wood on the sabbath, playing practical jokes like telling followers to kill their children, etc.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#17 Mar 27, 2013
Siro wrote:
NightSerf you are up against the Club Maltheist clique. They probably consider you a sell out because you are not spewing all manner of insults at us believers or lying your head off as the clique does.
As far as I know no-one has a problem with you or even Khatru (to a large extent).
Sure, there is the possibility of decent rational debate but there is a single malignant factor that prevents this and that is Boob of QF with his sidekick Skeptic.
Everyone will say that Im a hateful person, but I only got into nasty mode after Boob and his punk repeatedly insulted me and other believers for explaining what we believe.
The Club Maltheist clique are also dreadful liars, if Topix atheism got rid of Boob, Skeptic, KK and Reason Personified this could be a reasonably decent board.
Oh look, another theist who has anger issues. LOL!! What a surprise!

Let me shorten this up for you little one.... You couldn't hold a reasonable conversation/debate if your life depended on it. You lack all of the necessary requirements, you just have your homeschool education(4th grade at best), and your emotional hysteria. I took you apart and didn't even break a sweat. Heck, you don't even have the balls to state what you believe.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#18 Mar 27, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe a "maltheist" is someone who believes in an evil god. It would seem to be redundant, as most theists profess to believe in a god who is supposed to be all good, but, if his various biographies (bible, koran, etc.)were to be credited, is profoundly evil, to the point of being a sociopath, commanding genocides, ordaining brutal executions for trivial offenses like gathering wood on the sabbath, playing practical jokes like telling followers to kill their children, etc.
Basically a maltheist is someone who believes in a god, and believes that god is out to do us harm. Our poor, pathetic, uneducated Siro probably didn't know that, or is misusing the word in some sad attempt to gain attention.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19 Mar 27, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only bad atheist is one who believes in a god
Well, besides not being an actual atheist .......
Siro

Australia

#20 Mar 28, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever noticed that people rarely respond to my posts with insults? That's because I treat others with courtesy, if not respect. You, on the other hand, rarely, if ever, post without insults as a primary or secondary motivation. In fact, I can't remember the last time that I read one of your posts that included anything of substance along with those insults.
What about Bob of QF and Skeptic?
They have been screamingt loud and foul with their vulgarities for a considerable amount of time. Do you have the same thing to say about them?
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
You get what you give, Siro, and you insult someone with every post that you write as far as I can tell. Most of those responding in kind at least make points in the process that attempt to advance the conversation. You don't. Why is that? Don't you have any useful ideas to contribute? Do you really enjoy the "food fights" that you begin and maintain? If your purpose is to avoid meaningful dialogue, you are succeeding beyond measure. But why would anyone want to do that?
Again refer to Bob and Skeptic, and if a theist tries to start a serious thread then you get posters and socks like Thinking,The serpent was right, and others chipping in to derail the thread. KK is a prime example with HIS claims that I hate rabbits and am a racist (no foundation to either claim).
John and Dave post serious stuff and look at all the crap they get, as I said the chief malignant factor is Bob of QF.
What is it you dont like about my posts?
That I give to them what they expect me to tolerate?
You can only raise the stake in malice - You cannot plunge it down.
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, another theist who has anger issues. LOL!! What a surprise!
Let me shorten this up for you little one.... You couldn't hold a reasonable conversation/debate if your life depended on it. You lack all of the necessary requirements, you just have your homeschool education(4th grade at best), and your emotional hysteria. I took you apart and didn't even break a sweat. Heck, you don't even have the balls to state what you believe.
You say you took me apart?.....Link and reference then.....
As for what I believe?
Well you lot seem to have dictated that for me because you are 'so educated'
Time after time after time you say that I am a Christian and tell me to adhere to the Bible and that I should take your crap. Even though I have previously stated that I am not a Christian you all say that Im a Christian anyway because I oppose you.
Or in BobQFspeak.....'Genuine Christian (TM)' or 'Genuine Catholic (TM)'
If you want to roll that way then so can I
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically a maltheist is someone who believes in a god, and believes that god is out to do us harm. Our poor, pathetic, uneducated Siro probably didn't know that, or is misusing the word in some sad attempt to gain attention.
To correctly state it, a maltheist is someone who does not deny the existence of God but doesnt believe in him or publically acknowledge his existence.
Essentially a theist gone bad who views God as bad.
Lets look at you lot...you dont actually deny the existence of God but you also dont believe in him.
A comparison example.....
There is a guy called Obama
He is the president
.
You cannot deny that. True?
.
Do I believe Obama is a good president?
No I dont.
So it would be fair to say that I dont believe in him and that I have no faith in him, I cant deny the title of president but I can refuse to acknowledge it while he is there.
I would see him as a bad president because of his actions and his decisions, I would see him as bad and vice versa.
If you were to ask me about President Obama...could I say 'Hes not a president''Hes nothing''I really hate his followers as far as Im concerned he does not exist' or anything similar?
Thats what you do concerning God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Joe fortuna 232,915
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Eagle 12 2,289
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 7 hr Mikko 2
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 8 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 9 hr Thinking 3
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 15 hr _Bad Company 143
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Sat polymath257 23,199
More from around the web