Why Atheists Need To Come Out

Jul 21, 2011 Full story: The Atlantic 281

WaPo's "On Faith" blog is using Ricky Gervais' new show about atheism to discuss the place of atheists in American society.

Full Story
LCNLin

United States

#259 Nov 28, 2013
With there be a test on Wednesday...?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#260 Nov 28, 2013
Hello power rangers. I hope you paid your sugar glider bill.
LCNLin

United States

#261 Nov 28, 2013
Your opinions are amusing as opinions.
Other people may have differing views which you may chose to respect or reject?
LCNLin

United States

#262 Nov 28, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what you have concluded after reading the previous 240 some odd posts?
Still working on other matters, started your 280 posts
but must observe they seemed a bit pretentious.
When you prove there is no God of have some evidence for your atheist philosophy we will all be interested.

Happy Thanksgiving

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#263 Nov 28, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Still working on other matters, started your 280 posts
but must observe they seemed a bit pretentious.
When you prove there is no God of have some evidence for your atheist philosophy we will all be interested.
Happy Thanksgiving
They are not my posts, it is the entire thread that you are clueless about
LCNLin

United States

#264 Nov 28, 2013
So How was Thanksgiving with You and the little personifieds ?
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#265 Nov 29, 2013
I think Lincoln is just a Turing test.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>They are not my posts, it is the entire thread that you are clueless about
LCNLin

United States

#266 Nov 29, 2013
Albert Einstein's religious views have been studied extensively.

Albert Einstein also called himself an Agnostic,

while

disassociating himself from the label Atheist,

preferring, he said, "an attitude of humility

corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual

understanding of nature and of our own being."
Quadratus

United States

#273 Nov 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying about god, in the age of science, when evolution is proven is a stupid thing to do.
God simply isn't real and if it was, you'd have evidence.
You don't have evidence for the god you claim is real and so we must conclude that you are mentally ill for rejecting facts and reality.
You can talk and talk about belief this and belief that for centuries, but when it comes to proof- you liars know how to respond - threats, attacks, illogic, hate - this is spine of theism.
Concentrate on proving the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about and you will look a lot less foolish here.
If you refuse to address my point I must conclude you have no answer. Vitriol is not an answer.
Concentrate.
Washington

Acme, WA

#276 Nov 29, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Man changes himself, no gods needed.
What would make a person who loves his beer change dramatically so he doesn't' touch it again. What would make a homosexual who is owned by his cravings want to change? No one has the power to do that not even the victim. He can try but its an addiction to him and its to powerful for him to break. That's why Gos sent his Son Jesus Christ two thousand years ago to die for those type of men.
Washington

Acme, WA

#277 Nov 29, 2013
Washington wrote:
<quoted text>What would make a person who loves his beer change dramatically so he doesn't' touch it again. What would make a homosexual who is owned by his cravings want to change? No one has the power to do that not even the victim. He can try but its an addiction to him and its to powerful for him to break. That's why Gos sent his Son Jesus Christ two thousand years ago to die for those type of men.
spelling correction) God

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#278 Nov 30, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
So How was Thanksgiving with You and the little personifieds ?
They are not so little anymore. 2 sons, 5 grandsons, a daughter-in-law, and a brother still here from the Houston area. Cutting wood and BBQing tonight, no cds/dvds/radio allowed, and since I live in the forest, the youngsters are getting to sleep out under the stars near the campfire, and are learning to I.D. sounds which are not sold through Hastings. Typical for myself, not so for them.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#279 Nov 30, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I think Lincoln is just a Turing test.
<quoted text>
LOL! But of course.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#280 Nov 30, 2013
Washington wrote:
<quoted text>What would make a person who loves his beer change dramatically so he doesn't' touch it again. What would make a homosexual who is owned by his cravings want to change? No one has the power to do that not even the victim. He can try but its an addiction to him and its to powerful for him to break. That's why Gos sent his Son Jesus Christ two thousand years ago to die for those type of men.
What victim? Tell me how the bottle chose who would drink it. Tell me how the victim didn't have a choice, tell me how the victim just couldn't say no to himself. No man will happily or voluntarily stop what he doesn't want to stop.

The man makes the decision. No god factors into it. It is all about whether that man is ready to drop the crap. Homosexuality is from birth, dropping it by praying away the gay is simply delusion. Your's and the homosexuals, if you actually believe that one's sexuality can be changed by wish-craft.

Homosexuality is found in more than 650 species, and homophobia is found in only one.
Gos never got a roundtoit, Immanuel is still a no-show.
Quadratus

United States

#281 Nov 30, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>What victim? Tell me how the bottle chose who would drink it. Tell me how the victim didn't have a choice, tell me how the victim just couldn't say no to himself. No man will happily or voluntarily stop what he doesn't want to stop.
The man makes the decision. No god factors into it. It is all about whether that man is ready to drop the crap. Homosexuality is from birth, dropping it by praying away the gay is simply delusion. Your's
and the homosexuals, if you actually believe that one's sexuality can be changed by wish-craft.
Homosexuality is found in more than 650 species, and homophobia is found in only one.
Gos never got a roundtoit, Immanuel is still a no-
show.
You might look up Stephen Bennett ministries and read his conversion story. He was a flamer transformed by the power of Jesus Christ - fact.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#282 Nov 30, 2013
Washington wrote:
<quoted text>What would make a person who loves his beer change dramatically so he doesn't' touch it again. What would make a homosexual who is owned by his cravings want to change? No one has the power to do that not even the victim. He can try but its an addiction to him and its to powerful for him to break. That's why Gos sent his Son Jesus Christ two thousand years ago to die for those type of men.
What victim? Tell me how the bottle chose who would drink it. Tell me how the victim didn't have a choice, tell me how the victim just couldn't say no to himself. No man will happily or voluntarily stop what he doesn't want to stop.
The man makes the decision. No god factors into it. Personal responsibility: It is all about whether that man is ready to drop the crap. Homosexuality is from birth, dropping it by praying away the gay is simply delusion. Your's and the homosexuals, if you actually believe that one's sexuality can be changed by wish-craft.
Homosexuality is found in more than 650 species, and homophobia is found in only one.
Gos never got a round toit, Immanuel is still a no-show.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#283 Nov 30, 2013
Washington wrote:
<quoted text>spelling correction) God
Gos, hod, fod, gid, it's all the same. Allah/Yahweh/Jehovah no difference, at all.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#284 Nov 30, 2013
Quadratus wrote:
<quoted text>
You might look up Stephen Bennett ministries and read his conversion story. He was a flamer transformed by the power of Jesus Christ - fact.
No, human beings make thier choices, and whether you know it or not, whoever the person you wish me to look up, knows that it was he alone who decided to change who he was, or at least, who he let's others see him as.
Quadratus

United States

#285 Nov 30, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Gos, hod, fod, gid, it's all the same. Allah/Yahweh/Jehovah no difference, at all.
Emmanuel showed.
The OT predicted that the Savior would be born in Bethleham, be a prophet on the scale of Moses, be a healerand miracle worker, be rejected of His people and killed. It predicted His death would pay for the sins of mankind and that He would rise from tge dead. It predicted that the news of this Savior and His forgiveness of sins would spread around the world with many finding forgiveness through Him. It happened. Emmanual showed.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#286 Nov 30, 2013
Washington wrote:
<quoted text>What would make a person who loves his beer change dramatically so he doesn't' touch it again. What would make a homosexual who is owned by his cravings want to change? No one has the power to do that not even the victim. He can try but its an addiction to him and its to powerful for him to break. That's why Gos sent his Son Jesus Christ two thousand years ago to die for those type of men.
Those who need the crutch of religion are often the very ones who need the crutch of alcohol or drugs to navigate this big scary world.

Homosexuals are born the way they are, it is in no way an addiction of any sort. You are misinformed.

You have no proof of a god or a man named Jesus, just myths. All you have is a book of myths from bronze age goat herders. You also have two thousand years of lack of evidence to show for all your posturing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr Eagle 12 2,407
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Joe fortuna 232,877
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 14 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 14 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 14 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 21 hr Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web