"Science flies you to the moon; religion flies you into buildings"

There are 9 comments on the The Big Apple story from Jun 5, 2014, titled "Science flies you to the moon; religion flies you into buildings". In it, The Big Apple reports that:

Listen to Robert Emmerich introduce The Big Apple , a hit song from 1937. Music written by Bob and performed by Tommy Dorsey's Clambake Seven with Bob on piano.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Big Apple.

Gstspkr

San Angelo, TX

#1 Jun 9, 2014
It also dropped atomic bombs and follows the whims of those in power. It's focus remains on getting funds and does whatever it has to acquire those funds. Look at the way Tesla was treated and look at global warming. Enough said.
Indogitrust

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2014
Add the human element to anything and we'll find a way to turn something good into harmful. It's just what we do.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#3 Jun 9, 2014
Science fiction flies you to the moon, all religions are businesses today, because the god of this world is Satan, and he and his children are bent on satisfying the desires of the flesh. Acts 15:14
James 4:4

The one true religion, Jehovah's witnesses, the only people Jehovah God is allowing to represent Him today, obedient Christian followers of Jesus, our reigning King of God's heavenly Kingdom government of righteousness. Daniel 2:44

Now is the time to repent and give up this world that is ruled by Satan the Devil, it will be swept clean of all ungodliness very soon.
2 Peter 3: 12, 13
TaterTot

Asheboro, NC

#4 Jun 9, 2014
"But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8, Holy Bible)

Interested in solid Bible teaching (not J.W. or Mormon cult teachings)??

visit: www.mtcalvaryindependentbaptist.org
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#5 Jun 9, 2014
The truth is, solid Bible teaching is not taught by any other religion, so you will have to read your copy of the Bible from the book of Matthew to Revelation, then seek the answers to your questions. John 8:28

When you have your questions answered by what the Bible says about that, then you can say you are taught the truth. Church doctrines as hell fire punishment, immortal soul, heaven reward or rapture are not taught in the Bible, I'd start with one of those, if you are already a Bible reader. Matthew 15:9

By the way, Jesus did die for everyone, with the sacrifice of his flesh and blood, as the Lamb of God, but too bad not everyone takes advantage of that gift from Jehovah God. No one automatically gets forgiveness of their sins, as taught in Christendom's churches.
Ezekiel 18:4
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6 Jun 10, 2014
So you believe in a god that drowned every baby not on the ark.
True Christian witness wrote:
The truth is, solid Bible teaching is not taught by any other religion, so you will have to read your copy of the Bible from the book of Matthew to Revelation, then seek the answers to your questions. John 8:28
When you have your questions answered by what the Bible says about that, then you can say you are taught the truth. Church doctrines as hell fire punishment, immortal soul, heaven reward or rapture are not taught in the Bible, I'd start with one of those, if you are already a Bible reader. Matthew 15:9
By the way, Jesus did die for everyone, with the sacrifice of his flesh and blood, as the Lamb of God, but too bad not everyone takes advantage of that gift from Jehovah God. No one automatically gets forgiveness of their sins, as taught in Christendom's churches.
Ezekiel 18:4
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#7 Jun 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So you believe in a god that drowned every baby not on the ark.
<quoted text>
That world of Noah's day was warned for over fifty years how to survive it's destruction, no one listened to God's prophet Noah. They all had wicked hearts from their youth. Genesis 6:5

Today, this world is already judged for destruction, only individuals who are conscious of their spiritual need, and are meek, teachable will find the only way to salvation, surviving the end of this world. Revelation 7:14

The majority of this world believe lies and are satisfied with their religion, Jesus is directing this preaching of God's heavenly Kingdom government, which will restore the planet earth to a paradise of peace and happiness. Satan and his millions of demoic followers, both spirits and man, will be gone forever at Armageddon, God's war to remove all the ungodly.
Revelation 21:3,4
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#8 Jun 10, 2014
So you believe god designed those babies to be born wicked.

You also believe in a god that drowned every baby not on the ark.
True Christian witness wrote:
<quoted text>
That world of Noah's day was warned for over fifty years how to survive it's destruction, no one listened to God's prophet Noah. They all had wicked hearts from their youth. Genesis 6:5
Today, this world is already judged for destruction, only individuals who are conscious of their spiritual need, and are meek, teachable will find the only way to salvation, surviving the end of this world. Revelation 7:14
The majority of this world believe lies and are satisfied with their religion, Jesus is directing this preaching of God's heavenly Kingdom government, which will restore the planet earth to a paradise of peace and happiness. Satan and his millions of demoic followers, both spirits and man, will be gone forever at Armageddon, God's war to remove all the ungodly.
Revelation 21:3,4

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#9 Jun 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So you believe god designed those babies to be born wicked.
You also believe in a god that drowned every baby not on the ark.
<quoted text>
Their sky daddy is a murderer and Satan is his alter ego.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min Thinking 6,728
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 238,467
Is God a Perfect Being? 5 hr hpcaban 3
introvert and an atheist 6 hr 10uhsee 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr thetruth 2,107
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 hr thetruth 18,906
News .com | What hope is there without God? 11 hr Thinking 6
More from around the web