My Child, The Atheist

My Child, The Atheist

There are 187 comments on the Catholic Digest story from Mar 29, 2013, titled My Child, The Atheist. In it, Catholic Digest reports that:

It's 11:00 p.m. Do you know where your atheist child is? An alarming number of Catholic parents these days have seen their deepest fear come true.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Catholic Digest.

Lincoln

United States

#161 Jun 14, 2013
Freedom of Religion in America

It’s now even more legal to say “Merry Christmas” in Texas public schools.

On Thursday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry signed what’s become known as the the “Merry Christmas bill” which states “a school district may educate students about the history of traditional winter celebrations, and allow students and district staff to offer traditional greetings regarding the celebrations, including ‘Merry Christmas,’‘Happy Hanukkah,’ and ‘happy holidays.”

Additionally,“a school district may display on school property scenes or symbols associated with traditional winter celebrations, including a menorah or a Christmas tree, if the display includes a scene or symbol of more than one religion or one religion and at least one secular scene or symbol.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/rick-pe...

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162 Jun 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stop lying to us about god now - we're all grown up!
You are without hope and perishing. You will lose everyone you love forever. You want truth? You just got it.
Amused

Boylston, MA

#163 Jun 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are without hope and perishing. You will lose everyone you love forever. You want truth? You just got it.
The same applies equally to you. There is no afterlife. Once you are dead, you no longer possess anything, and have no interaction with your loved ones, even your imaginary friends. Deal with it.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164 Jun 14, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The same applies equally to you. There is no afterlife. Once you are dead, you no longer possess anything, and have no interaction with your loved ones, even your imaginary friends. Deal with it.
Israel is back. The Mark and cashless society are stalking you. This is the terminal generation. Jesus is alive.
Amused

Boylston, MA

#165 Jun 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is back. The Mark and cashless society are stalking you. This is the terminal generation. Jesus is alive.
I have several hundred dollars in my wallet and no tattoos, scars, piercings or other marks. I left the terminal on the train to reality. It is an interesting trip. You should try it sometime.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166 Jun 14, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several hundred dollars in my wallet and no tattoos, scars, piercings or other marks. I left the terminal on the train to reality. It is an interesting trip. You should try it sometime.
The Mark and cashless society are stalking you. This is the terminal generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_implan...

Revelation 13:16-17 (NKJV)
16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#167 Jun 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are without hope and perishing. You will lose everyone you love forever. You want truth? You just got it.
Atheists are not afraid of your imagination.

There's nothing you can do about atheists using gods free will to stay atheist.

It proves that your god is not all powerful and that you're a liar, lying about god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#168 Jun 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Freedom of Religion in America
It’s now even more legal to say “Merry Christmas” in Texas public schools.
On Thursday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry signed what’s become known as the the “Merry Christmas bill” which states “a school district may educate students about the history of traditional winter celebrations, and allow students and district staff to offer traditional greetings regarding the celebrations, including ‘Merry Christmas,’‘Happy Hanukkah,’ and ‘happy holidays.”
Additionally,“a school district may display on school property scenes or symbols associated with traditional winter celebrations, including a menorah or a Christmas tree, if the display includes a scene or symbol of more than one religion or one religion and at least one secular scene or symbol.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/rick-pe...
When you cowards learn to stop lying about god, you will become better people.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169 Jun 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are not afraid of your imagination.
There's nothing you can do about atheists using gods free will to stay atheist.
It proves that your god is not all powerful and that you're a liar, lying about god.
If you take the Mark you will be doomed to the eternal fire.

Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170 Jun 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you cowards learn to stop lying about god, you will become better people.
Cowards? We've taken your continual abuse and lies and we're still here.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#171 Jun 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you take the Mark you will be doomed to the eternal fire.
Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
Lying about god, again and again in the atheism forum is not smart or clever.

You will be banned, its just a matter of time. And theres nothing your god can do about that.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#172 Jun 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowards? We've taken your continual abuse and lies and we're still here.
Says the creationist who said all our loved ones will perish in a fire.

You're one hareful SOB you know that? And you use god as an excuse to wish harm upon others.

Worthless wasted creationist fool.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#173 Jun 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying about god, again and again in the atheism forum is not smart or clever.
You will be banned, its just a matter of time. And theres nothing your god can do about that.
If He wants me here I'll be here.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#174 Jun 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the creationist who said all our loved ones will perish in a fire.
You're one hareful SOB you know that? And you use god as an excuse to wish harm upon others.
Worthless wasted creationist fool.
I didn't say they will perish in a fire. Are you illiterate?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#175 Jun 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say they will perish in a fire. Are you illiterate?
You know what you said you liar you know what you said.

Please try and thing for one moment like an atheist.

You are a theist, and I imagine that you think that something is watching your every move, judging you and telling you how to behave. So that you do not have to worry about dying in the future, is that right? And that if you don't you will face a very nasty eternal pain.

Well for an atheist, we never ever think like that, because we don't believe that there is something watching everything and judging everything, or that there is a heaven or a hell or an afterlife. There is just, the end. Like what happens after "a one night only live song". It just ends. And its not there to ever be heard again. This understanding makes us more responsible for others because we know there is no real justice in the world, and that we must uphold it by being honest and truthful and moral ourselves.

Siro

Canberra, Australia

#176 Jun 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Please try and thing for one moment like an atheist.
Thing like an atheist?
Well I saw a dogturd in the gutter, that was a thing like an atheist.
Why would I want to be that?
It must be the way you poofters roll in lowering yourselves down to the lowest common denominator.

and btw skeptic.....you are still just a toxic bum flea

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#177 Jun 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You were 'wrong' for 43 years and now you want us to believe you are right? You simply fulfilled prophecy.
1 Timothy 4:1 (NKJV)
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
Come on coward counter my response line by line. Are you afraid of learning the truth?
Image

Jackson, MO

#178 Jun 18, 2013
I liked the part of the article that wrote this:

Things to not say [to an atheist]:

Don’t judge them or say they are doomed to hell. Such judgment is reserved to Jesus alone. Also, do not chastise them or rebuke them.

Don’t say: a) Your position is irrational; (b) Deep down, you’re really a believer; (c) There are no atheists in foxholes; or (d) You’ll see things differently when you have a personal crisis.

Don’t communicate the belief that atheists can’t be moral without believing in God. That is obviously false.
Atheists act morally all the time, and theists act immorally all the time.

ALL THE TIME. Ha! That's what the article said :)
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#179 Jun 18, 2013
The believer that wrote the article is a bit challenged, that's for sure.
Image wrote:
I liked the part of the article that wrote this:
Things to not say [to an atheist]:
Don’t judge them or say they are doomed to hell. Such judgment is reserved to Jesus alone. Also, do not chastise them or rebuke them.
Don’t say: a) Your position is irrational; (b) Deep down, you’re really a believer; (c) There are no atheists in foxholes; or (d) You’ll see things differently when you have a personal crisis.
Don’t communicate the belief that atheists can’t be moral without believing in God. That is obviously false.
Atheists act morally all the time, and theists act immorally all the time.
ALL THE TIME. Ha! That's what the article said :)
Raymond Kevin Halpern

Midlothian, TX

#180 Jun 19, 2013
That's really a "parent's deepest fear"?
That their child will think for themselves?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr The FACTory 32,288
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr The FACTory 889
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr 15th Dalai Lama 77,078
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... 10 hr Roec 1
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 hr superwilly 258,482
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Tue Dogen 4,321
More from around the web