Thinking

York, UK

#128 Jul 18, 2013
Kosher meat = animal cruelty = halal meat.
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
----
Thanks but not thanks. You can keep the bacon. Our food is kosher.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#129 Jul 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Kosher meat = animal cruelty = halal meat.
<quoted text>
-----

And for no kosher meat you don't have to kill the cow? You surely must be joking or... whatever!
Thinking

York, UK

#130 Jul 19, 2013
The kosher and halal killing processes are backward.
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
And for no kosher meat you don't have to kill the cow? You surely must be joking or... whatever!
Amused

Southbridge, MA

#131 Jul 19, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
And for no kosher meat you don't have to kill the cow? You surely must be joking or... whatever!
There are much more humane methods of slaughtering cows.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#132 Jul 20, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
There are much more humane methods of slaughtering cows.
-----

There is not a single case among the Gentiles of a more humane way
than the one employed by the Jewish professionals to slaughter cows.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#133 Jul 21, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
There is not a single case among the Gentiles of a more humane way
than the one employed by the Jewish professionals to slaughter cows.
http://www.examiner.com/article/is-kosher-mea...

"In 2004, the company was accused of brutal slaughter practices after People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals released a video they had shot in the plant depicting employees ripping out the trachea and esophagus of still-conscious animals immediately after their throats had been slit. In one case, the New York Times noted, one animal survived for a full three minutes.

By law, the animals must be unconscious before they’re killed. According to kashrut, or kosher law, the cutting of trachea should cause instantaneous death, causing no suffering to the animal. The rabbi overseeing the plant insisted everything was in order but many differed and the video certainly told a different story."
Thinking

York, UK

#134 Jul 21, 2013
Yeah right. And building a BFO wall right through the middle of disputed territories promotes community cohesion.
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
There is not a single case among the Gentiles of a more humane way
than the one employed by the Jewish professionals to slaughter cows.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#135 Jul 23, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're proof enough a god doesn't exist.
-----

If Thinking is proof enough that God does not exist, where did Thinking come from? Did he cause himself to exist? Just these two questions which will chain you back to the Primal Cause. Care to try?
Thinking

York, UK

#136 Jul 23, 2013
It is both flattering and worrying that you now think I am god.
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
If Thinking is proof enough that God does not exist, where did Thinking come from? Did he cause himself to exist? Just these two questions which will chain you back to the Primal Cause. Care to try?

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#137 Jul 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
It is both flattering and worrying that you now think I am god.
<quoted text>
-----

Is that what you understood from my last post to someone else about you? That's sad!
Thinking

York, UK

#138 Jul 23, 2013
Ah, but Earthchild's post wasn't ever about me, now was it?
You're the one that was being rather sad, long after my tribute troll posted.
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
Is that what you understood from my last post to someone else about you? That's sad!
Amused

Lowell, MA

#139 Jul 23, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
There is not a single case among the Gentiles of a more humane way
than the one employed by the Jewish professionals to slaughter cows.
You apparently know as much about slaughtering cattle as you do about physics, i.e. nothing. There is the simple expedient of stunning the creature so it is not able to feel pain. Usually this is done by application of an electric current, or the use of a pneumatic captive bolt device. Quite common in slaughterhouses not worried about complying with kosher or halal requirements.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#140 Jul 23, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
----
Thanks but not thanks. You can keep the bacon. Our food is kosher.
That's your problem.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#141 Jul 23, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently know as much about slaughtering cattle as you do about physics, i.e. nothing. There is the simple expedient of stunning the creature so it is not able to feel pain. Usually this is done by application of an electric current, or the use of a pneumatic captive bolt device. Quite common in slaughterhouses not worried about complying with kosher or halal requirements.
Shibolet is like his religion neither has caught up with the 21st century.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#142 Jul 24, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently know as much about slaughtering cattle as you do about physics, i.e. nothing. There is the simple expedient of stunning the creature so it is not able to feel pain. Usually this is done by application of an electric current, or the use of a pneumatic captive bolt device. Quite common in slaughterhouses not worried about complying with kosher or halal requirements.
-----

Believe me, I know more than you think about being a "Shochet." The father of my wife was a "Shochet" Rabbi all his life.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#143 Jul 24, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Shibolet is like his religion neither has caught up with the 21st century.
------

Nevertheless we have produced more scientists and Nobel Prize winners than the whole of the rest of the world put together. Check up the hospitals. The best Doctors are Jews. Or you might want to check up Universities. I doubt if you will find one without a Jewish Professor. And last but not least, if you want to read Deuteronomy 4:6, it says in there that "This great nation is truly a wise and intelligent People." Anyway, if you want to cut short your checking ups you might want to read the famous essay of Mark Twain about the Jews.

THE ESSAY OF MARK TWAIN ABOUT THE JEWS

"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way.
Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk.

His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also way out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers.

He has made a marvelous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it.

The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed suit, and made a vast noise, and they are gone. Other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it has burned out, and they sit either in twilight now, or have vanished.

The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?

Mark Twain
Thinking

UK

#144 Jul 24, 2013
I called you on this lie already. You originally claimed 80%, now you're claiming a mere majority.

Well I counted well under 25%- still very impressive but a lot less than half. Remember, I was kind enough to let you keep the avowed Atheists such as Feynmann in that number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_N...

Why do you lie? Is it religion that makes you dishonest?
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
------
Nevertheless we have produced more scientists and Nobel Prize winners than the whole of the rest of the world put together.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#145 Jul 24, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
Believe me, I know more than you think about being a "Shochet." The father of my wife was a "Shochet" Rabbi all his life.
That just means you know a great deal about things that happen within the box that is your religion. We are talking about methods of slaughter more humane than those permitted by your religion. One can be an expert at kosher slaughtering and know nothing of non-kosher methods.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146 Jul 25, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
------
Nevertheless we have produced more scientists and Nobel Prize winners than the whole of the rest of the world put together. Check up the hospitals. The best Doctors are Jews. Or you might want to check up Universities. I doubt if you will find one without a Jewish Professor. And last but not least, if you want to read Deuteronomy 4:6, it says in there that "This great nation is truly a wise and intelligent People." Anyway, if you want to cut short your checking ups you might want to read the famous essay of Mark Twain about the Jews.
THE ESSAY OF MARK TWAIN ABOUT THE JEWS
"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way.
Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk.
His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also way out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers.
He has made a marvelous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it.
The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed suit, and made a vast noise, and they are gone. Other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it has burned out, and they sit either in twilight now, or have vanished.
The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?
Mark Twain
Hanging on to the coat tails of other people does not make your intelligent only pathetic.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#147 Jul 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I called you on this lie already. You originally claimed 80%, now you're claiming a mere majority.
Well I counted well under 25%- still very impressive but a lot less than half. Remember, I was kind enough to let you keep the avowed Atheists such as Feynmann in that number.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_N...
Why do you lie? Is it religion that makes you dishonest?
<quoted text>
-----

I no longer answer posts with ad hominem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 11 min Reason Personified 484
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 34 min fadu singh 22,361
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 36 min NightSerf 932
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Aura Mytha 227,740
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 3 hr P_Smith 1
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 3 hr P_Smith 1
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 4 hr wondering 338
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••