Who is an atheist?

Who is an atheist?

There are 9494 comments on the The Sydney Morning Herald story from May 30, 2010, titled Who is an atheist?. In it, The Sydney Morning Herald reports that:

In my last blog there was a moderately spectacular blue between various parties .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sydney Morning Herald.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#9015 Dec 22, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>...
Physical reality itself 'was' Nothing and the 'One' thing about Nothing is that it's Nothing...
Not the current understanding of cosmology. Apparently science is not your strong suit.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>...
...The scientific evidence points only toward a 'Created Universe'....beyond the 'Big Bang' theory.
'There is Something Else, and that Something Else has to transcend the Universe and be powerful enough to literally create it...
No, it doesn't. You're just making stuff up.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>...
...and then, as soon as you begin to investigate the cosmological constants, the initial conditions of the Universe and Multiverse, and when the fine-tuning paradoxes are looked at, virtually EVERY physicist...including Hawkin...., has admitted, that the Creator is not just transcedent and powerful BUT really, really Smart...
That's just more lies. The Universe isn't fine-tuned for life, life is fine-tuned to the Universe
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>...
...Well, the proof is in place. Cosmologists cannot even hide behind the possibility of a PAST eternal Universe. They MUST 'confront' the reality...
Making stuff up again.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>...
...A certain Dr. Eben Alexander, a Harvard-trained neurosurgeon wrote about his Near-Death experience after being in a coma...
Anecdotal. Doesn't provide evidence of anything except a fertile imagination.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>...
...There are really good studies taking place in multiple hospitals that give evidence that human beings survive bodily death, that humans have a soul that literally leaves the body.
And you're just making stuff up again.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#9016 Dec 22, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
Still a f*cking live, still a f*cking live.
Not killing yourself yet? Dang!
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9017 Dec 22, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the current understanding of cosmology. Apparently science is not your strong suit.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's just more lies. The Universe isn't fine-tuned for life, life is fine-tuned to the Universe
<quoted text>
Making stuff up again.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
23Dec12.....

.....this is Not madeUP.....

Ps:.....You 'headOndaList' are fulla schidt to the eyeballs.

BobLoblah Really & Truly believes dat the only edumacation dat you have is dat which you gleaned from da ILK dat tossed swill ovva da rails of yer pigPen.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#9018 Dec 22, 2012
I don't have a "belief" in atheism.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
How strong is your 'Faith' in atheism.
Since faith is a type of belief, I've already answered that question.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
WHO made da dirt???
I've already answered that question, too.

It's pointless of you to keep asking.
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9024 Dec 22, 2012
Something fishy is going on around here, I was just here and just responded.

when I log out is disappears, when I log back in it re appears.

someone here is not only a greedy selfish ignorant bias coward and keeps deleting facts that reveal them for the liar they prove to be.

love

/ David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9025 Dec 22, 2012
I'll copy and paste my responses from the signed in page I have to this signed out page I have open :)

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it matter to you what people believe? Why do you care?
Because for thousands of years right to this very day disgusting religious foundations of lies have lead to the death of millions if not billions right to this very day. Thousands of years of war and divide over filthy disgusting lowly lies.

I care about the well being of the future of the life on this planet is why!

love

/ David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9026 Dec 22, 2012
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly wrote:
<quoted text>Great preponderances. This posting will surely be included in the 10 best posts of 2012.
LMFAO, well you sure are not all that bright.

lol

love

/ David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9027 Dec 22, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
lol don't worry I got this

love

/ David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9028 Dec 22, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>23Dec12.....
....and the WholeWideWorld according to BobLoblah.....
"If the rate of expansion of the Universe is greater than Zero -something virtually ALL physicists agree on - at the end of the day an absolute beginning point will be reached prior to which the Universe and multiverse (a combimation of Universes) were NOTHING.
Physical reality itself 'was' Nothing and the 'One' thing about Nothing is that it's Nothing.
expanding, really. well then give us one factual example of even one thing in this universe that goes poof into existence out of nothingness.

Oh right you have nothing :)

that is because the fact remains that it takes energy matter and time to re create energy and matter.

which is proof that energy matter and time always was is and always will be because again not anything goes poof into existence out of nothingness and not anything that exists goes poof into nothingness. there is never anything more and never anything less. So who are these so called scientists and why are they so desperate to get their name in some book of such jibber?

[QUOTE The scientific evidence points only toward a 'Created Universe'....beyond the 'Big Bang' theory.[/QUOTE]

The big bang lol, well to that mere theory, give us one factual example of any bang occuring no matter how big or small without there first be energy matter and time to re create energy and mayyer?

Oh right, again you have nothing :)

again give us one factual example of anything going poof into existence out of nothingness anywhere, let alone goes pooff into existence out of nothingness but has instant intellect along with the ability to create out of nothingness?

Oh right, again you have nothing :)

So much like the religious to desperately scramble to try and make anything else the issue all the while avoiding the very facts that proves that their religious foundations are factually proven to be based upon lies. That is quote simply because ignorance is religions only defense.

Sure there is a possibility that intelligent life exists in the universe but even for that life as well that life's intellect to have evolved it takes energy matter and time to re create energy and matter.

So sad that it is way too hard for you to understand something so simple all by yourself. Lucky for the life on the planet aht I care enough to be here for us all.

love

/ David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9029 Dec 22, 2012
Oh, for that life to first come into existence as a life or have an intellect it first takes energy matter and time to re create energy and matter bohblohblah

lmfao

so simple it is sweet to be me lol

love

/ David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9030 Dec 22, 2012
and that is exactly how I responded while I was signed in, and btw some ignorant selfish greedy coward deleted the Update that the UK just got from Canada Dec 2012 edition I had posted in the forum so I re posted it.

(so sad thought hat I took the time to respond to you all quoting all your text etc. as it is meant to be done only to get cheated. But I have been dealing with cheaters online long enough to know to have a back up plan :)

my pleasure

love

/ David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9031 Dec 22, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded to you see page 137

love

David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9032 Dec 22, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
oops 437

love

David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9033 Dec 22, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>23Dec12.....
....and the WholeWideWorld according to BobLoblah.....
"If the rate of expansion of the Universe is greater than Zero -something virtually ALL physicists agree on - at the end of the day an absolute beginning point will be reached prior to which the Universe and multiverse (a combimation of Universes) were NOTHING.
Physical reality itself 'was' Nothing and the 'One' thing about Nothing is that it's Nothing.
The 'Second' thing that is known about Nothing is that Nothing can only do Nothing, and IF the only thing Nothing can do is Nothing, then the whole of physical reality, configured as Universe or Multiverse was Nothing.
The scientific evidence points only toward a 'Created Universe'....beyond the 'Big Bang' theory.
'There is Something Else, and that Something Else has to transcend the Universe and be powerful enough to literally create it.
..and then, as soon as you begin to investigate the cosmological constants, the initial conditions of the Universe and Multiverse, and when the fine-tuning paradoxes are looked at, virtually EVERY physicist...including Hawkin...., has admitted, that the Creator is not just transcedent and powerful BUT really, really Smart.
Culture is mired in materialism and has lost the sense of Eternal Dignity.
Someone always poses the question about the existence of GOD and whether its really known that Jesus walked upon this Earth.
The answer is 'Yes'...BobLoblah thinks that we do so know. And what exactly, is BobLoblah's point??? This contemporary approach is given to us almost as a gift from GOD.
A good argument will 'convince' a 'Reasonable man' and that a proof will convince even an Unreasonable one.
Well, the proof is in place. Cosmologists cannot even hide behind the possibility of a PAST eternal Universe. They MUST 'confront' the reality.
A certain Dr. Eben Alexander, a Harvard-trained neurosurgeon wrote about his Near-Death experience after being in a coma for seven days with his cortex completely shut down. He was 'clinically dead' and he was monitored the whole time and he actually had these experiences. It could be shown that there was NO physical activity that produced it. He ultimately believed and still does that he was near to GOD.
There are really good studies taking place in multiple hospitals that give evidence that human beings survive bodily death, that humans have a soul that literally leaves the body.
Love, as taught to us by Jesus Christ, is the Greatest Commandment and the redemptive view of suffering.
ALL Roman Catholics and many, many other Christians are grounded in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit is with them.
Human beings are transcendent and destined for Eternal Destiny and Dignity.
It must be stated, preached, taught, and Realized.
Ps:.....There are more things between Heaven and Earth than man could ever dream off (Jesus Christ)".
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I responded to you see page 437

love

/ David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9034 Dec 22, 2012
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly wrote:
<quoted text>Great preponderances. This posting will surely be included in the 10 best posts of 2012.
I responded to you see page 437

love

/ David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9035 Dec 22, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Making stuff up again.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I responded to you

see page 437

love

/ David
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#9036 Dec 22, 2012
--- atheist are those who reject the WAYS OF GOD AND THEREFORE reject GOD... IT is very sad...

Tampa, FL

#9037 Dec 22, 2012
Normand Guay wrote:
--- atheist are those who reject the WAYS OF GOD
Which god?
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#9038 Dec 22, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god?
--- One and Only true GOD... Read GOD'S HOLY SCRIPTURES and you find and know GOD...

Tampa, FL

#9039 Dec 22, 2012
Which god?
Normand Guay wrote:
One and Only true GOD... Read GOD'S HOLY SCRIPTURES and you find and know GOD
Which scriptures? There are many scriptures around the world, not to mention creation myths passed down from generation to generation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 10 min yehoshooah adam 4,324
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr brenda6 899
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr John 32,291
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr 15th Dalai Lama 77,078
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... 13 hr Roec 1
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 hr superwilly 258,482
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web