Who is an atheist?

Full story: The Sydney Morning Herald

In my last blog there was a moderately spectacular blue between various parties .
Comments
8,681 - 8,700 of 9,182 Comments Last updated Aug 31, 2013
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Peter wrote:
I believe nearly all atheists will on there death bed
Pray to god. So are atheists hypocrites ?
Atheists do not pray to god! Why should they do so?
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
-------
What's the big deal about not believing that AD and BC have anything to do with Jesus being the son of God or not? The idea was fabricated in the 4th Century, more than 300 years after Jesus had been gone. Jews use ACE and BCE. After common era and before common era.
Do you believe that Jesus was a Jewish person whose Faith was Judaism? There is no such a thing in Judaism as the Greek myth of the demigod, which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. Therefore, Jesus was not the son of God. Yet, he was, but as part of the People whom he belonged to. If you read Exodus 4:22,23, It says in there that, "Israel is My son; so, let My son go that he may serve Me, said the Lord. Do you believe the Scriptures?
Ben
The socalled "scriptures" are a medley of fakes, lies and errors and not reliable at all!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists do not pray to god! Why should they do so?
17Dec12.....

..ListenUp 'bentri'...

....and just what do hAtheists do on 'Memorial Day'.

Ps:.....What do you say for the families of the children murdered by annuder one of your hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic ILK tis past weekend!!!

....pResident BroncoBama is in attendance in Norfolk, Ct....but your pResident of the American hAtheist Organization is nowheres to be found.....

....and if he were'nt such a coward and told the families that they didn't have to worry as their children weren't going anywhere's anyways.....he would have his teeth knocked down his throat.

..........or better in a worser way, BobLoblah dinks.

Go Figure.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>17Dec12.....
.....LIAR.....thou art 'macroroonnni'
Ps:....There's NO such thingy as an atheist.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Okay, mostly gibberish - but let me ask you a serious question: who told you that there was no such thing as an atheist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, mostly gibberish - but let me ask you a serious question: who told you that there was no such thing as an atheist?
17Dec12.....

.....WHO made the dirt???

Ps:....Explain dat von, if you can.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The socalled "scriptures" are a medley of fakes, lies and errors and not reliable at all!
But they make a good story.

Don't you like fiction?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>17Dec12.....
.....WHO made the dirt???
Ps:....Explain dat von, if you can.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Doesn't require a "who" and if you actually took middle school geology, you'd know this.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

test

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Happyman00 wrote:
test
Copy 5X5.
Antonio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

jack13 wrote:
What an odd question. It seems simple at first. Someone who can find no evidence of any god ever existing. But there are many ways to arrive at that conclusion. My great grand father came from Ireland with a burning hatred of both the catholic and protestant church. So my background is an atheist family and I can tell you about some fights I got into as the only atheist teen in school. When I first went into the army, I met a lot of atheists on Sunday. We had to pull all the KP while the religious went to church. But that was OK. Sunday was the best food for the week, and we ate first. Met a bunch in combat. But also, met some church types that really lived their religion. One was a priest who went with the troop into hot LZ's. Many a man went in believing in a god, but came out an atheist. It also seemed that the highly religious got shot more often. I've always suspected that they spent to much time praying and not enough time shooting. But I really must be honest. I've not spent much time in my life thinking about being an atheist, let alone talking about it. Religion just seems to be such a great waste of time I hate to lose.
God is real my friend, and so hell and satan, but Jesus loves you, yes even you

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't require a "who" and if you actually took middle school geology, you'd know this.
20Dec12.....

.....Ok then, ya schidt-for-brains....

Ps:.....WHAT made da dirt???

Forever and Ever

BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
20Dec12.....

.....Even liddle 'ol Einstein' said dat

Ps:....GOD doesn't do things by a 'roll of the dice'....

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Doctor REALITY

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Atheists KNOW that God is REAL. They just try to convince themselves,and others,that He's not because they want to continue living in SIN.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists KNOW that God is REAL.
I'm an atheist, and I know no such thing.

Guess you're wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an atheist, and I know no such thing.
Guess you're wrong.
21Dec12.....

..ListenUp 'schidtScrew'...

.....You're Always 'guessing', aren't you, ya schidt-for-brains.

Ps:.....You're an Agnostic for sure....otherwise prove dat there is No GOD.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
You're Always 'guessing', aren't you
Actually, I know that you're wrong, but I was being polite.

Clearly, there is no point in being polite with you.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
You're an Agnostic for sure....otherwise prove dat there is No GOD.
I'm an agnostic atheist.

An atheist is someone who lacks theistic belief. I lack theistic belief. Therefore, I'm an atheist.

What part of that do you not understand?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I know that you're wrong, but I was being polite.
Clearly, there is no point in being polite with you.
<quoted text>
I'm an agnostic atheist.
An atheist is someone who lacks theistic belief. I lack theistic belief. Therefore, I'm an atheist.
What part of that do you not understand?
22Dec12.....

....How 'strong' is your belief in atheism!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
The Preacher

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

That imaginary world of "Religion!" When I'm feeling low I go to my special world in my head. When I was in jail, I went to that special place. People think I'm special and headed to the promised land because I carry a bible and go to church. I have stickers on my car that say's "GODS child! People love me.Sometimes I go down to the park and get kids to help me find my lost doggie and then they get in my car and we play hide Mr. winkie! If the kids don't like it, their parent's know I'm just helping them and loving them because they love me and rust me. They love me especially in church because I'm religious!! They trust me...I'm religious! I have a business and when you walk in to my shop, I have biblical sayings in plaque's on the wall. People love me and they trust me! When a female customer can't pay her bill, she pays me with her LOVE for jesus and I write her bill off! People love me and trust me! After over-billing my customer's, I take that money and donate it to the church in my name so people will love me and trust me! People want to be me and they know that if I wasn't religious, I wouldn't be so successful ; ) They love me and trust me! Church gets me about 3 customers a week and they do it because they love me and trust me. I love religion and I know without it, I'd have nothing! My strength in god is soooo strong I couldn't tell you where I'd be without it! My advise, is go to church and be loved just like me! Everyone will trust in you and love you. No question's asked!I know when I die, many many people will be at my funeral, Why? well, you know ; )
The Preacher

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

On sunday I walk down the main street and malls carrying my bible so people will see that I'm religious! I wear a suit so people know I've been to church. My ring has a cross on it. I hug all the children and girls because they love me! My wife loves the way I help young girls that are having trouble with money and such; my wife loves me and trusts me! Bibles cost 8 dollars and I can sell them to people for 45 dollars because they want e to pray for them and their new bible. I'm a very religious man! Peopl love me and trust me! I'm so Lucky! People are wonderful and religious too. Getting ready for church, see you later!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>21Dec12.....
otherwise prove dat there is No GOD.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
if you think there's a god you need to prove it. Or may he strike me down this instant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 46 min Liam R 12
Of Interest InTheNews 57 min Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 58 min Patrick 181
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 224,013
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Patrick 21,376
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 6 hr Buck Crick 356
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr Thinking 831
•••
•••