Who is an atheist?

Who is an atheist?

There are 9494 comments on the The Sydney Morning Herald story from May 30, 2010, titled Who is an atheist?. In it, The Sydney Morning Herald reports that:

In my last blog there was a moderately spectacular blue between various parties .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sydney Morning Herald.

_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8990 Dec 18, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't require a "who" and if you actually took middle school geology, you'd know this.
20Dec12.....

.....Even liddle 'ol Einstein' said dat

Ps:....GOD doesn't do things by a 'roll of the dice'....

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Doctor REALITY

United States

#8992 Dec 19, 2012
Atheists KNOW that God is REAL. They just try to convince themselves,and others,that He's not because they want to continue living in SIN.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#8993 Dec 19, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists KNOW that God is REAL.
I'm an atheist, and I know no such thing.

Guess you're wrong.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#8994 Dec 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an atheist, and I know no such thing.
Guess you're wrong.
21Dec12.....

..ListenUp 'schidtScrew'...

.....You're Always 'guessing', aren't you, ya schidt-for-brains.

Ps:.....You're an Agnostic for sure....otherwise prove dat there is No GOD.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tampa, FL

#8995 Dec 20, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
You're Always 'guessing', aren't you
Actually, I know that you're wrong, but I was being polite.

Clearly, there is no point in being polite with you.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
You're an Agnostic for sure....otherwise prove dat there is No GOD.
I'm an agnostic atheist.

An atheist is someone who lacks theistic belief. I lack theistic belief. Therefore, I'm an atheist.

What part of that do you not understand?
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#8998 Dec 20, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I know that you're wrong, but I was being polite.
Clearly, there is no point in being polite with you.
<quoted text>
I'm an agnostic atheist.
An atheist is someone who lacks theistic belief. I lack theistic belief. Therefore, I'm an atheist.
22Dec12.....

....How 'strong' is your belief in atheism!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
The Preacher

Beckley, WV

#8999 Dec 21, 2012
That imaginary world of "Religion!" When I'm feeling low I go to my special world in my head. When I was in jail, I went to that special place. People think I'm special and headed to the promised land because I carry a bible and go to church. I have stickers on my car that say's "GODS child! People love me.Sometimes I go down to the park and get kids to help me find my lost doggie and then they get in my car and we play hide Mr. winkie! If the kids don't like it, their parent's know I'm just helping them and loving them because they love me and rust me. They love me especially in church because I'm religious!! They trust me...I'm religious! I have a business and when you walk in to my shop, I have biblical sayings in plaque's on the wall. People love me and they trust me! When a female customer can't pay her bill, she pays me with her LOVE for jesus and I write her bill off! People love me and trust me! After over-billing my customer's, I take that money and donate it to the church in my name so people will love me and trust me! People want to be me and they know that if I wasn't religious, I wouldn't be so successful ; ) They love me and trust me! Church gets me about 3 customers a week and they do it because they love me and trust me. I love religion and I know without it, I'd have nothing! My strength in god is soooo strong I couldn't tell you where I'd be without it! My advise, is go to church and be loved just like me! Everyone will trust in you and love you. No question's asked!I know when I die, many many people will be at my funeral, Why? well, you know ; )
The Preacher

Beckley, WV

#9000 Dec 21, 2012
On sunday I walk down the main street and malls carrying my bible so people will see that I'm religious! I wear a suit so people know I've been to church. My ring has a cross on it. I hug all the children and girls because they love me! My wife loves the way I help young girls that are having trouble with money and such; my wife loves me and trusts me! Bibles cost 8 dollars and I can sell them to people for 45 dollars because they want e to pray for them and their new bible. I'm a very religious man! Peopl love me and trust me! I'm so Lucky! People are wonderful and religious too. Getting ready for church, see you later!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9001 Dec 21, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>21Dec12.....
otherwise prove dat there is No GOD.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
if you think there's a god you need to prove it. Or may he strike me down this instant.

Location hidden

#9002 Dec 21, 2012
Oh sh*t I'm still alive, guess there's no f*cking god and you're lying to everyone around you if you think he's real.

Location hidden

#9003 Dec 21, 2012
Still alive god. You're not doing a very good job are you?

Location hidden

#9004 Dec 21, 2012
Still a f*cking live, still a f*cking live.

Tampa, FL

#9005 Dec 21, 2012
I'm an agnostic atheist.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
How 'strong' is your belief in atheism!
I don't have a "belief" in atheism.
David Jeffrey Spetch

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9006 Dec 21, 2012
An atheist is a person who is only categorized as an atheist because of religious filth.

An Atheist merely believes that the foundation of religion is based upon lies.

Factual evidence proves that the foundation of every religion is based upon lies.

Belief is either validated or falsified by fact. When your belief is proven false and you claim to still believe, you are ignorant.

Ignorance is religions only defense.

I however am a factual fundamentalist who recognizes and shares the non contestable factual evidence that proves every religion is based upon lies.

Just look for one of my titles in the forum such as the UK update from Canada, you will find it in there.

love

David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#9007 Dec 21, 2012
David Jeffrey Spetch wrote:
An atheist is a person who is only categorized as an atheist because of religious filth.

Factual evidence proves that the foundation of every religion is based upon lies.

Belief is either validated or falsified by fact. When your belief is proven false and you claim to still believe, you are ignorant.

I however am a factual fundamentalist who recognizes and shares the non contestable factual evidence that proves every religion is based upon lies.

Just look for one of my titles in the forum such as the UK update from Canada, you will find it in there.

love

David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!
Why does it matter to you what people believe? Why do you care?
DAMN

Beckley, WV

#9009 Dec 21, 2012
Religion only works on earth! Kinda like saying I can fart anytime I want! "ok then go ahead and fart!", I don't want to!

Tampa, FL

#9010 Dec 21, 2012
Educated What wrote:
Why does it matter to you what people believe? Why do you care?
Ask the families of the victims of 9/11.

I could list more examples (including those from Christian or Jewish perpetrators), but you get the point.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#9011 Dec 22, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
if you think there's a god you need to prove it. Or may he strike me down this instant.
23Dec12.....

.....How strong is your belief in atheistm???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#9012 Dec 22, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
I'm an agnostic atheist.
<quoted text>
I don't have a "belief" in atheism.
23Dec12.....

.....How strong is your 'Faith' in atheism.

Ps:....WHO made da dirt???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#9013 Dec 22, 2012
David Jeffrey Spetch wrote:
love
David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!
23Dec12.....

....and the WholeWideWorld according to BobLoblah.....

"If the rate of expansion of the Universe is greater than Zero -something virtually ALL physicists agree on - at the end of the day an absolute beginning point will be reached prior to which the Universe and multiverse (a combimation of Universes) were NOTHING.

Physical reality itself 'was' Nothing and the 'One' thing about Nothing is that it's Nothing.

The 'Second' thing that is known about Nothing is that Nothing can only do Nothing, and IF the only thing Nothing can do is Nothing, then the whole of physical reality, configured as Universe or Multiverse was Nothing.

The scientific evidence points only toward a 'Created Universe'....beyond the 'Big Bang' theory.

'There is Something Else, and that Something Else has to transcend the Universe and be powerful enough to literally create it.

..and then, as soon as you begin to investigate the cosmological constants, the initial conditions of the Universe and Multiverse, and when the fine-tuning paradoxes are looked at, virtually EVERY physicist...including Hawkin...., has admitted, that the Creator is not just transcedent and powerful BUT really, really Smart.

Culture is mired in materialism and has lost the sense of Eternal Dignity.

Someone always poses the question about the existence of GOD and whether its really known that Jesus walked upon this Earth.
The answer is 'Yes'...BobLoblah thinks that we do so know. And what exactly, is BobLoblah's point??? This contemporary approach is given to us almost as a gift from GOD.

A good argument will 'convince' a 'Reasonable man' and that a proof will convince even an Unreasonable one.

Well, the proof is in place. Cosmologists cannot even hide behind the possibility of a PAST eternal Universe. They MUST 'confront' the reality.

A certain Dr. Eben Alexander, a Harvard-trained neurosurgeon wrote about his Near-Death experience after being in a coma for seven days with his cortex completely shut down. He was 'clinically dead' and he was monitored the whole time and he actually had these experiences. It could be shown that there was NO physical activity that produced it. He ultimately believed and still does that he was near to GOD.

There are really good studies taking place in multiple hospitals that give evidence that human beings survive bodily death, that humans have a soul that literally leaves the body.

Love, as taught to us by Jesus Christ, is the Greatest Commandment and the redemptive view of suffering.

ALL Roman Catholics and many, many other Christians are grounded in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit is with them.

Human beings are transcendent and destined for Eternal Destiny and Dignity.

It must be stated, preached, taught, and Realized.

Ps:.....There are more things between Heaven and Earth than man could ever dream off (Jesus Christ)".

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Subduction Zone 67,232
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Science 28,657
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr Regolith Based Li... 3,531
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Tue superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Tue superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web