Who is an atheist?

Full story: The Sydney Morning Herald

In my last blog there was a moderately spectacular blue between various parties .

Comments (Page 431)

Showing posts 8,601 - 8,620 of9,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>My pleasure.
Ah there you go. Posting as me. But once a loser always a loser. You skeptic are always a loser.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

discocrisco wrote:
I am admittedly a man in the grey area and I think unwittingly we all are. For those who say there is a God/SuperBeing involved in every minute aspect of our lives I say "where is the evidence?" and for those who say the opposite and we are merely products of Mother Nature I say "who is Father Nature?".(Every woman requires a man to procreate). The point is that it's not a straight forward debate from either standpoint. Perhaps the way to look at it is to examine ourselves. Are we merely a collection of cells arranged in a certain way by chance that somehow produces consciousness? Or are we conscious beings covered by matter that allows us to interact in a material world with other members ofthis world?
09Dec12.....

.....BobLoblah says dat there is NO such ding as an hAtheist.

.....Agnostis = YES

.....hAtheist = YES

.....atheist = NO

.....wannabee hAtheist = YES

Ps:....anyVon who dinks dat there is such a ding as an atheist is a schidt-for-brains toooooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
Nope. What I know, as an atheist, is that no evidence has been provided to support any belief in a "god". Let us know whenyou have some. How are any of those evidence for a "god"?
09Dec12.....

.....BobLoblah has been asking you this question for a long, long dime now....andyou have 'Never' answered it correctly.

Ps:.....WHO made da dirt???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
atheist = NO
I'm an atheist.

Guess you're wrong.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
WHO made da dirt???
Nobody made the dirt.

I told you that ages ago. So why do you keep asking?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an atheist.
Guess you're wrong.
09Dec12.....

.....You 'screwSchidt'... are the perfect example of a schidt-for-brains.

Ps:.....Explain WHO made da dirt!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody made the dirt.
I told you that ages ago. So why do you keep asking?
09Dec12.....

....Do so 'tell' ALL posters on dis Topic how noboday made da dirt.

Ps:....otta be interesting. When you prove dat 'nobody' made da dirt, you'll be off to Stockholm for your Nobel prize.

You remain an eeejit and a total schidt-for-brains 'screwSchidt'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
Do so 'tell' ALL posters on dis Topic how noboday made da dirt.
Why would the fact that nobody made the dirt require an explanation? What exactly needs to be explained about it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the fact that nobody made the dirt require an explanation? What exactly needs to be explained about it?
10Dec12......

.....You 'screwSchidt' and ALL your other ILK claim to be wannabeeeAtheists.

As such you state dat you do NOT believe in GOD.

Yet, you Really exist in this universe, don'tCha.

It is man's natural curiosity from the past, present, and in the future that will cause him to seek the souce from which ALL the Universe was created.

...now you explain in your own words, without the use of Bings and Bangs.....how you think that things came to be. Go ahead. Go ahead now. ALL posters are waiting to hear from your schidt-for-brains.

Ps:...Of course, this Great Creator is GOD.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
England 2012

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>10Dec12......

.....You 'screwSchidt' and ALL your other ILK claim to be wannabeeeAtheists.

As such you state dat you do NOT believe in GOD.

Yet, you Really exist in this universe, don'tCha.

It is man's natural curiosity from the past, present, and in the future that will cause him to seek the souce from which ALL the Universe was created.

...now you explain in your own words, without the use of Bings and Bangs.....how you think that things came to be. Go ahead. Go ahead now. ALL posters are waiting to hear from your schidt-for-brains.

Ps:...Of course, this Great Creator is GOD.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I've told you before to keep your cannibal arse off this forum

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
So you weren't talking about "dirt", you were talking about the Universe? Why don't you say what you mean? Why do you keep using idiotic language?

In any event, we don't know that the Universe *was* created. For all we know, it has always existed.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
now you explain in your own words, without the use of Bings and Bangs.....how you think that things came to be.
The Big Bang Theory tells us how things came to be going backwards in time to a period nearly 14 billion years ago.

Do we know yet what happened prior to that time (and that question makes an assumption that "prior to that time" even has a meaning)?

Nope. We don't know yet.

Now, do *you* have an explanation, supported by evidence, that accounts for how "things came to be"?

You know, an explanation that doesn't involve imagining an invisible magic skydaddy poofing everything into existence?

No, I didn't think so.

And that's why you disguise your questions with childish language. So that you can't be held accountable for your position.

Yeah, we figured that out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you weren't talking about "dirt", you were talking about the Universe? Why don't you say what you mean? Why do you keep using idiotic language?
In any event, we don't know that the Universe *was* created. For all we know, it has always existed.
<quoted text>
The Big Bang Theory tells us how things came to be going backwards in time to a period nearly 14 billion years ago.
Do we know yet what happened prior to that time (and that question makes an assumption that "prior to that time" even has a meaning)?
Nope. We don't know yet.
Now, do *you* have an explanation, supported by evidence, that accounts for how "things came to be"?
You know, an explanation that doesn't involve imagining an invisible magic skydaddy poofing everything into existence?
No, I didn't think so.
And that's why you disguise your questions with childish language. So that you can't be held accountable for your position.
10Dec12.....

.....So then, you are Really NOT an hAtheist but an 'Agnostic'.

Ps:....GotCha.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>10Dec12.....
.....So then, you are Really NOT an hAtheist but an 'Agnostic'.
Ps:....GotCha.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
*YAWN*

Whatever blows yer kilt up.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Nope. We don't know yet.
No, I didn't think so.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
So then, you are Really NOT an hAtheist but an 'Agnostic'.
I'm an agnostic atheist.

An atheist is someone who lacks theistic belief.

I lack theistic belief.

Therefore, I'm an atheist.

And I'm not interested in your made-up childish words. What a pity that you can't debate like an adult.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

I'm an athiest but what does it matter?

Plenty of more interesting things to talk about.

People should be judged on their actions, not who they choose to worship/not worship in their free time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

MogWild wrote:
I'm an athiest but what does it matter?

Plenty of more interesting things to talk about.

People should be judged on their actions, not who they choose to worship/not worship in their free time.
I am not an atheist but I agree with you. People have their rights and their preference shall never be judged.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not an atheist but I agree with you. People have their rights and their preference shall never be judged.
We all judge you by your continued stupidity at trying to convince us that the world is 6000 years old.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>We all judge you by your continued stupidity at trying to convince us that the world is 6000 years old.
Funny, many in your own thread judge you by your lies and stupidity.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

tesla_coil wrote:
i don't get it. why would creationist believe that the earth is 6000 years old? hehe
--------

I don't. Nevertheless, I am a theist.

The Jewish People, save exceptions, do not advocate that the universe is only six thousand years old. This idea comes from the need to establish the weekly cycle, which would end with the establishment of the Sabbath day of rest; and for us, mind you, not for God, Who has never ceased creating; hence the expansion of the universe. But it seems that non-Jewish criticism, especially from among atheists insists on Jewish literal interpretation, perhaps either to curb Jewish excesses of wisdom or psychological need of ammunition against theists.

Since a day in prophecy is compared to a period of time, which could run into thousands, millions, or billions of years, the six days of creation can very well be interpreted as six periods of thousands, millions, or billions of years.

The order of the days IMO, is not relevant, as it is meant to culminate with man, as the crown of creation. It is only obvious that the sun was in the sky for light by day and the moon and stars for lights by night, to account for the first three days. Anyways, the whole thing is just an allegory to other ends than to creation itself. The bottom line is to bring to light that we do not take the six days of creation in the literal sense of the word.

Ben

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Barney wrote:
They are people that do not beleve that todays date is that many years from the DAY JESUS WAS BORN. Now if Jesus is not the son of God why is there a AD and BC ?
-------

What's the big deal about not believing that AD and BC have anything to do with Jesus being the son of God or not? The idea was fabricated in the 4th Century, more than 300 years after Jesus had been gone. Jews use ACE and BCE. After common era and before common era.

Do you believe that Jesus was a Jewish person whose Faith was Judaism? There is no such a thing in Judaism as the Greek myth of the demigod, which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. Therefore, Jesus was not the son of God. Yet, he was, but as part of the People whom he belonged to. If you read Exodus 4:22,23, It says in there that, "Israel is My son; so, let My son go that he may serve Me, said the Lord. Do you believe the Scriptures?

Ben

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,601 - 8,620 of9,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••