Who is an atheist?

Who is an atheist?

There are 9352 comments on the The Sydney Morning Herald story from May 30, 2010, titled Who is an atheist?. In it, The Sydney Morning Herald reports that:

In my last blog there was a moderately spectacular blue between various parties .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sydney Morning Herald.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#8859 Dec 5, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot for believing the earth is 6000 years old, when fossils exist.
Prove it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8860 Dec 5, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Fossil are proven to exist, therefore you are an idiot sir.
Henry

Germany

#8862 Dec 5, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Hell will be FILLED with atheists.
Very sorry, no hell, so atheists don`t feel scared by hell at all!

Location hidden

#8863 Dec 5, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Fossil are proven to exist, therefore you are an idiot sir.
You get dumber and dumber. Prove that I said what you claimed I said loser. Lol.

Location hidden

#8864 Dec 6, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You get dumber and dumber. Prove that I said what you claimed I said loser. Lol.
You fail at converting atheists, you creationist piece of sh*t!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8870 Dec 6, 2012
good thread
tesla_coil

Makati, Philippines

#8871 Dec 6, 2012
i don't get it. why would creationist believe that the earth is 6000 years old? hehe
Barney

Battle Lake, MN

#8872 Dec 6, 2012
They are people that do not beleve that todays date is that many years from the DAY JESUS WAS BORN. Now if Jesus is not the son of God why is there a AD and BC ?

Location hidden

#8873 Dec 6, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You fail at converting atheists, you creationist piece of sh*t!
Again prove that I tried to convert people. You failed to provide any evidence loser.

Location hidden

#8874 Dec 6, 2012
tesla_coil wrote:
i don't get it. why would creationist believe that the earth is 6000 years old? hehe
Why would you believe that post? He made that up. He has never proved I said that.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#8875 Dec 6, 2012
Barney wrote:
They are people that do not beleve that todays date is that many years from the DAY JESUS WAS BORN. Now if Jesus is not the son of God why is there a AD and BC ?
Could it be because our current calendar system which we use to track the very imperfect wobbles orbit of our planet was created by Pope Gregory XIII.

Today is also Thursday, which is name for the god Thor (Thor's day). Next month is January, named for the roman god Janus.

(PS: The Gregorian calendar [aka Christian calendar] is NOT the only calendar currently in use in the world.)

Location hidden

#8877 Dec 7, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I'm not dumb enough to believe that the earth is 6000 years old and fossils were put here by god to deliberately deceive us.

Now that's Grade A Dumb and you're an idiot for perpetuating such a stupid myth under the guise of religion.

Location hidden

#8878 Dec 7, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You fail at converting atheists, you creationist piece of sh*t!
Prove I tried.

Location hidden

#8879 Dec 7, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>At least I'm not dumb enough to believe that the earth is 6000 years old and fossils were put here by god to deliberately deceive us.

Now that's Grade A Dumb and you're an idiot for perpetuating such a stupid myth under the guise of religion.
But your dumb to make claims about me without any proof.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8880 Dec 7, 2012
Should be outlawed. Bloody heretics.

Location hidden

#8881 Dec 8, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a proven idiot forum troll who thinks the earth is 6000 years old because I never bothered to study science or get a basic education. I hate Skeptic because he keeps exposing the fact that I'm a creationist liar, spreading propoganda to everyone in the forum. It makes it really hard for me to convert anybody or lie to them about atheists or scientists, which is my number one agenda.
My pleasure.

Location hidden

#8882 Dec 8, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>My pleasure.
Ah there you go. Posting as me. But once a loser always a loser. You skeptic are always a loser.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8883 Dec 8, 2012
discocrisco wrote:
I am admittedly a man in the grey area and I think unwittingly we all are. For those who say there is a God/SuperBeing involved in every minute aspect of our lives I say "where is the evidence?" and for those who say the opposite and we are merely products of Mother Nature I say "who is Father Nature?".(Every woman requires a man to procreate). The point is that it's not a straight forward debate from either standpoint. Perhaps the way to look at it is to examine ourselves. Are we merely a collection of cells arranged in a certain way by chance that somehow produces consciousness? Or are we conscious beings covered by matter that allows us to interact in a material world with other members ofthis world?
09Dec12.....

.....BobLoblah says dat there is NO such ding as an hAtheist.

.....Agnostis = YES

.....hAtheist = YES

.....atheist = NO

.....wannabee hAtheist = YES

Ps:....anyVon who dinks dat there is such a ding as an atheist is a schidt-for-brains toooooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8884 Dec 8, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Nope. What I know, as an atheist, is that no evidence has been provided to support any belief in a "god". Let us know whenyou have some. How are any of those evidence for a "god"?
09Dec12.....

.....BobLoblah has been asking you this question for a long, long dime now....andyou have 'Never' answered it correctly.

Ps:.....WHO made da dirt???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#8885 Dec 8, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
atheist = NO
I'm an atheist.

Guess you're wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Insults Are Easier 253,628
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 52 min Patrick n Angela 18,878
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 55 min Patrick n Angela 27,410
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 58 min Patrick n Angela 6,197
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Richard 8,205
News Atheism has no moral dimension 1 hr NoahLikesPi 184
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Richardfs 3,129
More from around the web