Who is an atheist?

Who is an atheist?

There are 9503 comments on the The Sydney Morning Herald story from May 30, 2010, titled Who is an atheist?. In it, The Sydney Morning Herald reports that:

In my last blog there was a moderately spectacular blue between various parties .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sydney Morning Herald.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8839 Dec 1, 2012
Well here's the evidence that you called Chess Jurist a child molestor because he was atheist (and the fact that he crushed your creationist talking points)

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Just keep fanning the flames EW, and I'll dig up your bullsh*t for everyone to see.

Location hidden

#8840 Dec 1, 2012
Here's the post where the retard EW claims that all atheists are satanists:

Need I go on?

Does a fool like EW ever get the message??
Doctor REALITY

United States

#8841 Dec 1, 2012
Atheists KNOW that God is....REAL. They're just RUNNING FROM HIM because they want to be free to choose for themselves how to live. And that inevitably means thay want to be 'free'....to sin.. whenever they want to.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#8842 Dec 1, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists KNOW that God is....REAL.
Nope. What I know, as an atheist, is that no evidence has been provided to support any belief in a "god".

Let us know when you have some.

Location hidden

#8844 Dec 1, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists KNOW that God is....REAL. They're just RUNNING FROM HIM because they want to be free to choose for themselves how to live. And that inevitably means thay want to be 'free'....to sin.. whenever they want to.
Yeah, that must be it. Somehow you twist reality to fit your f*cked up Creationist model of the world.

Just like how you folks deny fossils. You even deny the definition of atheism - a lack of belief in god.

If we're running from "him" as you say, doesn't there actually have to be a "him" to run away from???!?

I don't know who can pull you out of your depths of ignorance...
Doctor REALITY

United States

#8845 Dec 1, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. What I know, as an atheist, is that no evidence has been provided to support any belief in a "god".
:dogs,cats,bats,goats,shoats,r ats,beetles,horses,butterflies ,ants,snakes,zebras,MOOSEZ,eag les,doves,birds,quails,whalrus es,whales,sharks,PEOPLE,lions and tigers and bears,hyennas,billygoats,fruit s and vegetables,oceans,oxygen,plane ts,stars,the suns,the moon,the earth,thunder,lightning,fish,a rdvarks,donkeys,grsshoppers,wa termelons,lemons,apples.orange s,peaches,pomegrntes,bananas,p ecans,potatoes,greens,beans... .etc etc etc...
Doctor REALITY

United States

#8846 Dec 1, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that must be it. Somehow you twist reality to fit your f*cked up Creationist model of the world.
Just like how you folks deny fossils. You even deny the definition of atheism - a lack of belief in god.
If we're running from "him" as you say, doesn't there actually have to be a "him" to run away from???!?
Doctor REALITY

United States

#8847 Dec 1, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#8848 Dec 1, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
Well here's the evidence that you called Chess Jurist a child molestor because he was atheist (and the fact that he crushed your creationist talking points)

Just keep fanning the flames EW, and I'll dig up your bullsh*t for everyone to see.
Your claim is all atheists. Dig it up! And don't dig up what you wrote using my name. Remember that?

Location hidden

#8849 Dec 1, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
Here's the post where the retard EW claims that all atheists are satanists:

Need I go on?

Does a fool like EW ever get the message??
I said, Laveys Satanist are atheists. Stop changing things around. What about your other claims? Dig.

Location hidden

#8850 Dec 2, 2012
Creationist loser smacked down once again by hard facts.

Location hidden

#8851 Dec 2, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
Creationist loser smacked down once again by hard facts.
Not facts, lies.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#8852 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
:dogs,cats,bats,goats,shoats,r ats,beetles,horses,butterflies ,ants,snakes,zebras,MOOSEZ,eag les,doves,birds,quails,whalrus es,whales,sharks,PEOPLE,lions and tigers and bears,hyennas,billygoats,fruit s and vegetables,oceans,oxygen,plane ts,stars,the suns,the moon,the earth,thunder,lightning,fish,a rdvarks,donkeys,grsshoppers,wa termelons,lemons,apples.orange s,peaches,pomegrntes,bananas,p ecans,potatoes,greens,beans... .etc etc etc...
How are any of those evidence for a "god"?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#8854 Dec 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>What about diseases from germs, viruses, etc. Those were around since the beginning of earth. How do you plop those into the 'humans are responsible'(for everything) theory?
----------

I am sure you know the answer to your question. But you need for some reason to test me. Why people in a certain area are prone to certain diseases or to suffer from an act of nature, while in other areas they do not apply? It falls within the perpective of being on the wrong place at the wrong time or to belong to a people who have not developed their intellect enough to fight diseases with their know-how. The point is that there is no reason to blame God with anything of the sort.

Ben

Location hidden

#8855 Dec 4, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Not facts, lies.
Creationist piece of sh*t with no morals, telling lies about atheists and scientists.

Location hidden

#8857 Dec 4, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Creationist piece of sh*t with no morals, telling lies about atheists and scientists.
Again, no proof which makes you a liar.

Location hidden

#8858 Dec 5, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, no proof which makes you a liar.
You're an idiot for believing the earth is 6000 years old, when fossils exist.

Location hidden

#8859 Dec 5, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot for believing the earth is 6000 years old, when fossils exist.
Prove it.

Location hidden

#8860 Dec 5, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Fossil are proven to exist, therefore you are an idiot sir.
Henry

Lichtenstein, Germany

#8862 Dec 5, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Hell will be FILLED with atheists.
Very sorry, no hell, so atheists don`t feel scared by hell at all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Joncy David 45,552
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 19 min Reason Personified 311
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 21,397
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr replaytime 20,257
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 2 hr hpcaban 432
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Eagle 12 10,340
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 3 hr Thinking 547
More from around the web