Liberalism, atheism linked to IQ

Liberalism, atheism linked to IQ

There are 1044 comments on the CNN story from Feb 26, 2010, titled Liberalism, atheism linked to IQ. In it, CNN reports that:

Political, religious and sexual behaviors may be reflections of intelligence, a new study finds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#1042 Sep 1, 2010
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
But Wait! I have an even BETTER plan, regarding Noah's Story.
Since murdering a person pretty much is usurping his free will anyway, here's the New And Improved Noah's Story:
-----
God: "Noah! We Need To Talk."
Noah: "Okay, God, what's this all about, anyway? If it's about last night, I can explain---"
God: "Nevermindaboutthat! I Have Decided. I Am Going To Destroy The World!"
Noah: "Destroy the---wait, what? You just built it only two thousand years ago...!"
God: "Oh, I Know. And It Is Barely Paid For. But People Have Become Evil: I Wish To Start Again."
Noah: <gulp> "Even me, Lord? Have I not slaughtered enough virgin animals?"
God: "Oh, Noah, Noah, Noah: Your Slaughter Is Most Pleasing To Me, So Obviously, You Will Be Spared. But, Nobody Else!"
God: "What about me sons? They helped with the raising and the killing, after all."
God: "Oh, Okay-- Including Your Sons."
Noah: "And the missus? Hard to make more sons without a misses."
God: "True. Okay-- The Missus Too."
Noah: "How about me son's wives? They aren't **that** bad."
God: "Okay-- But No More! I Will Destroy All The Rest--By Drowning."
Noah: "Okay. That's an excellent plan, I'm sure. But won't all the animals drown too? And the plants? What about barley and hopps? You canna make good beer without those. And I have a fresh crop of baby animals I was plannin' on sacrificing to you, Oh Lord-- what about those?"
God: "You Have A Point. So, What To Do, Then? Make Some Sort Of Boat?"
Noah: "Well, a big boat does sound like a really good idea, but how about this: since you're planning on drowing'em anyhow, why not just CHANGE everyone?"
God: <intrigued> "Hmmm. Keep Talking."
Noah: "I know free will is a big thing with you, but drowning someone is pretty much against their free will anyhow, right?"
God: "Right. I Think I See Where You Are Going."
Noah: "I mean, why not just Fix the problem, instead of washing it under the carpet, so to speak? You could simply change all the minds of the adults into good, decent people-- sure, they'd not have free will but so what? This way, they would raise their kids to be good, instead of evil, and you'd not have to drown the babies, too. Then, when the time was right, you simply kill the adults without free will, say from a nice disease or old age or somethin'."
God: "Okay. I Like That Plan. I Had Not Thought About The Drowning Babies. Good."
Noah: "And no mess to clean up for afters, either."
God: "True. Okay-- Let It Be So."
-----
And so it was. And all the world lived Happily Ever After.
I missed this one.I'm a big fan of *SKYGOD*,*SKYPET* dialogue/parody.

Especially when it highlights the absurdity so well.
Ho Lee Schitt

Richmond, IN

#1044 Sep 15, 2010
Everybody knows liberals are smarter! Just look at the sign at teabagger rallies and you can see that most of them are borderline retarded!
The Thing

Belfast, ME

#1045 Sep 19, 2010
Ho Lee Schitt wrote:
Everybody knows liberals are smarter! Just look at the sign at teabagger rallies and you can see that most of them are borderline retarded!
I propose you change your name to: Full Of,its much more appropriate considering your pitiful contribution.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1046 Sep 19, 2010
The Thing wrote:
<quoted text>I propose you change your name to: Full Of,its much more appropriate considering your pitiful contribution.
Perhaps.

By you must admit that he's correct: the teabagger party ought to be called "the party of racist bigotry"

What with the majority of it's membership are racist-bigots....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1049 Sep 23, 2010
zionist is racism wrote:
<quoted text>.......... even more bigoted are the Israeli theocrats .......... Israel has jew only water ...... jew only roads .......... Apartheid Israel is the ultimate racist state .......... see ZIONISM IS THE ENEMY OF THE JEWS by Alan Hart.
What did you expect from a theistic government? Candy?

**ANY** government founded on theistic principles will automatically create barriers to those who are not a member of their religious club.

That's one of the more insidious natures of belief: separation of humans into antagonistic groups, and the subsequent teaching of one to hate the other.
Zionists are evil

United States

#1050 Oct 4, 2010
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Most scientists don't believe in god because they are trained to examine things in a concise, logical maner, and they only acknowledge what they can prove. Those scientists that do believe in god are probably still suffering from the brainwshing they recieved from birth.
The point is self-evident. Logical thinking will generally lead one away from mythology.
.......... Silly cults of theocracy and paranoia like Israel , would be less harmful if the IRGUN COWARDS did not seek to spread their STERN GANG / NEKRITZ violence thru out the world ........ The zionist gangsters of izrael push cocaine and meth while brandishing nukes ....... the Meyer Lansky / Bernie Madoff BILDERBERG BANKSTERS are the existential threat to the USA .......... Now DONALD TRUMP , Abe Reles , Jake Guzik , Little Farvel Palin and AIPAC are in cahoots .......... Imagine Rabbi Donna Trump and Glenn Drek in the WHITE HOUSE of ZOG .

“Atheist and Proud !”

Since: Nov 07

Ontario,Canada

#1051 Oct 6, 2010
righteousJew

""....... TRUE ..... and zionism is the destination for those who stink ......... jewish is a religion .......... Zionism is the theocratic cult of thugs who hate the USA and applaud the cowardly israeli attacks on the USS LIBERTY , USS COLE , Khobar Towers , LAVON AFFAIR and the ADL / Mossad murder of JFK ...... with collusion of zionist LBJ .""

Nicely Said..

I stand and Applaud !!

A.
Israel of Madoff

Bradenton, FL

#1052 Oct 11, 2010
sorcery wrote:
Jewish is a fine religion that has been hijacked and perverted by the racist theocrats that claim to be god's chosen people ........ Hitler claimed to be the leader of a master race ....... Bruce Seiden , David Horowitz , David Berkowitz , moshe mombach , avigdor spechler and THE SON's OF SAM and SidKorshak , meyer lansky , Roy Raphan , Ankle Raphan , avi dichter and Vin Weber of the AIPAC Kosher Nostra use the money from MADOFF , Marc Dreier , art nadel and other judeo - fascists and manipulate corrupt USA politicos to create perpetual war and ''rapture''.
.......... Apartheid Israel is the place where many rapture wingnutz and militarists from the USA go for second homes ......... stealing land from Palestinians who have no place to go ......... Israel used AIPAC , JINSA , WINEP and the GOP GOMORRAH to bribe Congress and write blank checks for the Zio - Theo Cons .......... Support Ilan Pappe , Daniel Elsberg and Joel Kovel against Dispicable Dershowitz and David Berkowitz .

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1053 Oct 12, 2010
Israel of Madoff wrote:
<quoted text>.......... Apartheid Israel is the place where many rapture wingnutz and militarists from the USA go for second homes ......... stealing land from Palestinians who have no place to go ......... Israel used AIPAC , JINSA , WINEP and the GOP GOMORRAH to bribe Congress and write blank checks for the Zio - Theo Cons .......... Support Ilan Pappe , Daniel Elsberg and Joel Kovel against Dispicable Dershowitz and David Berkowitz .
Well, personally?

I always thought sending Cheney and Bush 2 deep into Iran, only carrying an army combat knife, would be a fitting reward for their "services" to the US.

Tell them they are on a "fact finding" mission.

Then, alert the Iranian media, that two spies are infiltrating the country ....

... two infidel spies ....

Then let religion take it's natural course.
Zionist PARANOIA

Bradenton, FL

#1054 Oct 18, 2010
Epicurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck suffers for Relig-itious. His disease appears to be terminal unless he aquires more forbidden knowledge.
.......... Israeli scientists often suffer from moral myopia ........ supporting the Genocide in Palestine and the nuclear arsenal that MORDECHAI VANNUNU , Norman Finklestein , joel kovel and the righteous jews condemn ....... PAT ROBERTSON , John Hagee , Phil Zelikow , Abe Foxman and the Rapture Wingnutz ordered BUSH / CHENEY / CHERTOFF to attack IRAQ like the cowardly Israelis attacked the USS LIBERTY , etc .....see THE GOLDSTONE REPORT by honest jew RICHARD GOLDSTONE condemning Israeli cowardice and reckless violence .

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#1056 May 19, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. That's an embarrassment.[DebJ and several others know my actual name, which I share with a celebrity that I don't admire.]
Yeah. He's an idiot. You're not.

But, wow, he really is. And has been for a long time.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#1057 May 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Perhaps.
By you must admit that he's correct: the teabagger party ought to be called "the party of racist bigotry"
What with the majority of it's membership are racist-bigots....
not sure it is the majority who are, but a significant minority are, and the rest of them do not seem to mind having those types prominent in their midst - opportunists who accept horrid allies are a particularly nasty bunch also. There are plenty who will use the worst form of pandering to the worst sort of people, who themselves may not have the views they pander to. I suspect Karl Rove is very much like that.

I do not think Ron Paul intends to be, but he is very negligent about his supporters and allies. They are such a disparate group, that I can find a few I like (extreme civil libertarians who may also be, unfortunately, somewhat social darwinist) and others who are chilling. I like his anti-war position, and I do not think he sells out or panders as other GOP rightwing types do. I dislike Rand Paul intensely. I guess it may be a personality thing - I find Ron Paul to be somewhat engaging in that he seems so pleased to have supporters - compared with Romney who thinks his supporters should be honored to have the chance to support him, in my opinion~!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#1058 May 19, 2012
Zionist PARANOIA wrote:
<quoted text>.......... Israeli scientists often suffer from moral myopia ........ supporting the Genocide in Palestine and the nuclear arsenal that MORDECHAI VANNUNU , Norman Finklestein , joel kovel and the righteous jews condemn ....... PAT ROBERTSON , John Hagee , Phil Zelikow , Abe Foxman and the Rapture Wingnutz ordered BUSH / CHENEY / CHERTOFF to attack IRAQ like the cowardly Israelis attacked the USS LIBERTY , etc .....see THE GOLDSTONE REPORT by honest jew RICHARD GOLDSTONE condemning Israeli cowardice and reckless violence .
I may not be convinced that you can document all that, but your suspicions certainly should be looked at with interest. I think that AIPAC and the Jewish lobby for Liqud are far too strong in the US. I have hopes for the new group called the J Street Project (there is no J street in Washington DC, and the name was selected as a criticism that there was no peace-loving Israeli-Jewish lobby in DC). I also had hopes for Tzipi Livni, when she ran. I despise Netanyahu. Unfortunately, the parliamentary system puts the Liqud in partnership coalitions with even worse types.

It is very important not to be anti-Jewish in general, or even anti-Israel, in general - and then to get specific about the things one disapproves of, and the persons and policies one disapproves of. For example, there are Jewish bankers who are probably not crooks, and crooked bankers who are probably not Jewish - but we can try to find the ones who are both, and not be afraid to name them, for fear of being called anti-Jewish. There are more like Madoff, I am sure.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#1059 May 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, personally?
I always thought sending Cheney and Bush 2 deep into Iran, only carrying an army combat knife, would be a fitting reward for their "services" to the US.
Tell them they are on a "fact finding" mission.
Then, alert the Iranian media, that two spies are infiltrating the country ....
... two infidel spies ....
Then let religion take it's natural course.
I would suggest Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowtiz, with Palin for a cheerleader. Bush was so clueless on so many things, and I like Laura.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#1060 May 19, 2012
<quoted text>
What did you expect from a theistic government? Candy?
**ANY** government founded on theistic principles will automatically create barriers to those who are not a member of their religious club.
That's one of the more insidious natures of belief: separation of humans into antagonistic groups, and the subsequent teaching of one to hate the other.
Theocracies are dangerous, and concepts of a chosen people or a favored group (those who expect to get raptured up before Armageddon, for example) are also dangerous. Families that think they are special, and ethnic or racial groups that claim special privileges, all are arrogant and often dangerous. If people can have beliefs without being certain that only they are correct, then there is a better chance. I think there are more and more who are like that, who do not think they are the only ones to go to heaven. There was a poll about that that was encouraging. Now if we could only get more believers to give up the notion of hell for people who disagree with them, that would be more progress.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1061 May 21, 2012
Zionist PARANOIA wrote:
<quoted text>.......... Israeli scientists often suffer from moral myopia ........ supporting the Genocide in Palestine and the nuclear arsenal that MORDECHAI VANNUNU , Norman Finklestein , joel kovel and the righteous jews condemn ....... PAT ROBERTSON , John Hagee , Phil Zelikow , Abe Foxman and the Rapture Wingnutz ordered BUSH / CHENEY / CHERTOFF to attack IRAQ like the cowardly Israelis attacked the USS LIBERTY , etc .....see THE GOLDSTONE REPORT by honest jew RICHARD GOLDSTONE condemning Israeli cowardice and reckless violence .
Not sure I buy all of this. The right can't even keep their religions and states together, what makes you think they can even all agree and begin to control world events at this level?

Sure, there might be are people who act in special interests, some people who know how to get sh*t done and some who don't. I seriously doubt that they all work together in such an organised way.

This kind of sh*t becomes less about beliefs and more about economic interests.
LCN Llin

United States

#1062 Jul 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure I buy all of this. The right can't even keep their religions and states together, what makes you think they can even all agree and begin to control world events at this level?
Sure, there might be are people who act in special interests, some people who know how to get sh*t done and some who don't. I seriously doubt that they all work together in such an organised way.
This kind of sh*t becomes less about beliefs and more about economic interests.
"sh*t"
your favourite word?
LOL

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#1063 Jul 28, 2013
Wow, this thread has been dead for quite some time....now it's reanimated.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1064 Jul 29, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
"sh*t"
your favourite word?
LOL
Another opportunity to prove the god you're lying about wasted. Why are all creationist trolls the same?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#1065 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Another opportunity to prove the god you're lying about wasted. Why are all creationist trolls the same?
Indoctrination is the game the whole family can play!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 5 min Into The Night 5,699
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Into The Night 48,654
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 40
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr scientia potentia... 23,511
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Thinking 21,875
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 hr ChristineM 258,041
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 12 hr Mikko 1
More from around the web