New feature-length movie promotes science and advances atheism

Mar 1, 2013 Full story: www.digitaljournal.com 6

A feature-length film from Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss asks which is more important - to explain science or to destroy religion.

When two renowned scientists tour the world together with a message of science-based critical thinking and a counter position on religion and religious institutions, and when the incorporation of a flurry of A-list celebrities is included in the mix, the result is captured in The Unbelievers - a full-length feature movie released on Friday. Full Story

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1 Mar 1, 2013
Look for a screening in your area. If there's not one, perhaps a local organization can arrange one.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#2 Mar 1, 2013
Looks good :)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#3 Mar 1, 2013
UK audiences might also like..
http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/can-w...

Channel 4 & BBC have (so far) decided not to show it.

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#4 Mar 2, 2013
Educating people WILL destroy religion. Doing the first doesn't require direct action against the second.

And contrary to what the religitards would have you believe, criticizing and exposing their crimes (graft, coverup of rape and child molestation, their participation in war crimes, etc.) does NOT equate to an attack on religion.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#5 Mar 2, 2013
Meh, the religious nuts got away with making a snuff film and showing it to children, so what's wrong with a movie about questioning authority?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#6 Mar 6, 2013
My wife and I saw DV8 years ago. We felt like we were the only straight people in the theatre, but what a dance company. I strongly recommend DV8.
EdSed wrote:
UK audiences might also like..
http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/can-w...
Channel 4 & BBC have (so far) decided not to show it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 235,841
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 4,906
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr One way or another 16,956
Religiosity 2 hr Eagle 12 2
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr thetruth 1,670
Turkey blocks website of its first atheist asso... 9 hr thetruth 3
What evidence make you believe in God/gods? 9 hr thetruth 31
The Consequences of Atheism 10 hr Thinking 827
More from around the web