First Prev
of 39
Next Last

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#770 Jun 12, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Now you want to use reason when you have demonstrated that you can hold both sides of a contradiction as being true.
And when I use reason to point that out, I'm just being emotional (unsettled in my mind).
----------

Please, don't speak like this! You make me feel that I offended you. But, for you to say that I can hold both sides of a contradiction, that's far from the truth. I only use a text to explain another. That's how the Scriptures must be understood, and apparent contradictions are eliminated.
Ben

Location hidden

#771 Jun 12, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, the cry that everyone else is close minded that fundamentalists cry. And yes, you sound like a fundamentalist.
Many atheists have read your holy books and found them quite lacking. So what else do you have as evidence? Or am I being unreasonable by asking for something in which to apply reason?
----------

See? You are progressing. You have given the answer I had in mind for your question. Reason is the evidence I have besides the use of plurality of texts in the Tanach. It is possible but hard to think that atheists would open the Bible to read anything from it. They would rather feel like having their fingers and eyes burning.
Ben

Location hidden

#772 Jun 12, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh. At this point I'd say "have fun storming the castles" except our Christian evangelicals would certainly try to get the US involved in the conflict.
----------

The US involved in a conflict with Israel!!! Unheard of! They know
we are behind them. That's why they can fly free. But something must be said: If the US tried to copy the Romans, they would lose more people than in all its wars put together. Besides, America would never do that. I am sure that the American people understand what Jesus said in John 4:22, that salvation comes from the Jews.
Ben

Location hidden

#773 Jun 12, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray for Gods will be done.
I praise God. But I can not ask favors of him he's given me so much already.
--------

Hi KJV, I can't agree with you more. The Lord has given us ALL by equipping us with Intellect to achieve anything we need. We don't even have to pray for anything else. Besides, IMHO, it would be useless. Prayer is, by definition, man's attempt to make God change
His mind. Since according to Numbers 23:19, God is not like a man to change His mind, one is better off praying prayers of thanksgiving and spiritual songs. Prayer-requests only bring God down to the level of the Greek gods. That's in the Iliad of Homer.
Ben

Location hidden

#774 Jun 12, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's argument are you trying to support here? Mine or Ben?
I'm saying Deuteronomy says children are responsible for the sins of the father. Ben is saying that Ezekiel overrides that.
-------

KJV, would you please allow me to reply to this post of Greymouser's. Also with his permission, of course.

Hey Greymouser, not only Ezekiel 18:20, but also Jeremiah in 31:30,
II Chronicles 25:4, but especially, and above all, the Torah itself
in Exodus 32:33. They all clear up what is said in Exodus 20:5 and in Deuteronomy. It is not even a contradiction.
Ben

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 39
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 50 min Zog Has-fallen 18,470
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr DebraE 14,555
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr DebraE 6,673
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Uncle Sam 237,706
News Confessions of a black atheist 4 hr Samoan Irish 318
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 4 hr James 7,399
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 5 hr James 19
More from around the web