Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#90 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It is not your place to tell a woman she has to face a potential death sentence by carrying an unwanted child to term. First off @sshole I am a retired pharmacist I worked in a hospital and I am quite up to speed on the methods of abortion. Most often it's a removal of a clump of cells, nothing more.
Second and most importantly, how many incest babies have you adopted? How many crack babies? How many fetal alcohol syndrome babies? How many born with multiple STDs babies? How many hours have you volunteered at hospitals with these babies or orphanages listening to them scream hours on end with no way to comfort or sooth them? What! None. In that case shut your self righteous c@cks@cker and judge not lest ye be judged.
Is Sweden killing it's people by the millions? How about homeless people? How about brutal school shootings? How about people turned away from getting medical treatment? Hmmm it seems those atheists are doing pretty well for themselves.
No by race I am a minority and I have seen how religion has held back minorities. Oh and your Saint Paul? He advocated slavery and even commanded a run away slave to return to his master.
Your bible condones slavery, rape, genocide, putting every infant to the sword, and worse it teaches you can spend your life being a dirtbag but later say you accept Jesus and all is forgiven poof just like that! Oh but if that person killed non saved people? They are burning in hell while their murderer chills in heaven.
Yes secular humanist morality is by far superior to the savage barbaric dark god of the bible.
<quoted text>
Nor is it your place to censor. The separation of church and state protects your right to practice no faith, it doesn't give you a license to practice censorship. A democratic society is about choices. As it is, Darwinism is forced down the throats of children in our public schools with no alternative points of view to offset this overt form of propagandizing.

A retired pharmacist, eh? LMAO! Nothing like starting your day with a good belly laugh! It never ceases to amaze me how you pseudo-intellectual atheists suddenly morph into Phd's when your intelligence is challenged. Your crude bigotry, your inability to express yourself articulately, your lack of knowledge on many subjects, your penchant to resort to childish tactics (deleting posts) tells me you are a high school drop out who is currently unemployed and living with your folks. The only volunteer work you do is hauling you lazy arse out of bed every morning so you can spend all day every day on your puter bashing Christians on several different forums because you hate yourself and your life.

Why worry your empty little head about the progeny of drug addicts when these useless "clumps of cells" as you call them, can always be disposed of via abortion, right? In fact, the availability of abortion as a form of birth control in America has drastically reduced the number of unwanted children. Nor is it common practice for birth parents, addicts or no, to give up their children for adoption. Currently there are only 104,000 children in foster care who are legally "free" and waiting for an adoptive home. Oh, and by the way, most orphanages in America are closed due to an effort to deinstitutionalize child care systems. The few orphanages that are still in operation are funded by religious organizations. I can't imagine a rabid fanatical atheist like you volunteering to comfort a sick child in a Catholic orphanage surrounded by nuns....LMAO!

The ridiculous notion that Sweden is the ideal society, a veritibal paradise, is called "secular apostasy" fomented by the white progressive liberal's obsession with perfect socialism. By the way, liberals never mention that Sweden isn't so liberated when it comes to the care and treatment of its swarthy skinned immigrants.
BBSting

Albuquerque, NM

#91 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It is not your place to tell a woman she has to face a potential death sentence by carrying an unwanted child to term. First off @sshole I am a retired pharmacist I worked in a hospital and I am quite up to speed on the methods of abortion. Most often it's a removal of a clump of cells, nothing more.
Second and most importantly, how many incest babies have you adopted? How many crack babies? How many fetal alcohol syndrome babies? How many born with multiple STDs babies? How many hours have you volunteered at hospitals with these babies or orphanages listening to them scream hours on end with no way to comfort or sooth them? What! None. In that case shut your self righteous c@cks@cker and judge not lest ye be judged.
Is Sweden killing it's people by the millions? How about homeless people? How about brutal school shootings? How about people turned away from getting medical treatment? Hmmm it seems those atheists are doing pretty well for themselves.
No by race I am a minority and I have seen how religion has held back minorities. Oh and your Saint Paul? He advocated slavery and even commanded a run away slave to return to his master.
Your bible condones slavery, rape, genocide, putting every infant to the sword, and worse it teaches you can spend your life being a dirtbag but later say you accept Jesus and all is forgiven poof just like that! Oh but if that person killed non saved people? They are burning in hell while their murderer chills in heaven.
Yes secular humanist morality is by far superior to the savage barbaric dark god of the bible.
<quoted text>
Nor is it your place to censor. The separation of church and state protects your right to practice no faith, it doesn't give you a license to practice censorship. A democratic society is about choices. As it is, Darwinism is forced down the throats of children in our public schools with no alternative points of view to offset this overt form of propagandizing.

A retired pharmacist, eh? LMAO! Nothing like starting your day with a good belly laugh! It never ceases to amaze me how you pseudo-intellectual atheists suddenly morph into Phd's when your intelligence is challenged. Your crude bigotry, your inability to express yourself articulately, your lack of knowledge on many subjects, your penchant to resort to childish tactics tells me you are a high school drop out who is currently unemployed and living with your folks. The only volunteer work you do is hauling you lazy arse out of bed every morning so you can spend all day every day on your puter bashing Christians on several different forums because you hate yourself and your life.

Why worry your empty little head about the progeny of drug addicts when these useless "clumps of cells" as you call them, can always be disposed of via abortion, right? In fact, the availability of abortion as a form of birth control in America has drastically reduced the number of unwanted children. Nor is it common practice for birth parents, addicts or no, to give up their children for adoption. Currently there are only 104,000 children in foster care who are legally "free" and waiting for an adoptive home. Oh, and by the way, most orphanages in America are closed due to an effort to deinstitutionalize child care systems. The few orphanages that are still in operation are funded by religious organizations. I can't imagine a rabid fanatical atheist like you volunteering to comfort a sick child in a Catholic orphanage surrounded by nuns....LMAO!

The ridiculous notion that Sweden is the ideal society, a veritibal paradise, is called "secular apostasy" fomented by the white progressive liberal's obsession with perfect socialism. By the way, liberals never mention that Sweden isn't so liberated when it comes to the care and treatment of its swarthy skinned immigrants.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#92 Jan 27, 2013
Wow that one post of mine made him respond three times with his faux news nonsense. My oh my how I make the puppets dance. :)
BBSting

Albuquerque, NM

#93 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Wow that one post of mine made him respond three times with his faux news nonsense. My oh my how I make the puppets dance.:)
Gee gosh...it must have been a one of those computer glitches. You know, of the moderator kind? ;)

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#94 Jan 27, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee gosh...it must have been a one of those computer glitches. You know, of the moderator kind? ;)
The server can get backed up in updating threads, so posts can lag. Often an impatient user will try to hit the "post comment" button repeatedly when the system gets slow and this is what typically causes multiple postings.

That you think the moderators are out to get you is just your own paranoia. It kind of goes with the self-aggrandizing idea that you have an important purpose in some grand scheme for the entire universe.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#95 Jan 27, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
The server can get backed up in updating threads, so posts can lag. Often an impatient user will try to hit the "post comment" button repeatedly when the system gets slow and this is what typically causes multiple postings.
That you think the moderators are out to get you is just your own paranoia. It kind of goes with the self-aggrandizing idea that you have an important purpose in some grand scheme for the entire universe.
Au contraire. "Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) who look after Topix forums from day to day. They have the authority to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate. Generally, moderators are present to prevent users from going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material."

The moderators on atheist forums abuse this priviledge by posting abusive or offensive material themselves, and by either deleting posts or locking out individuals whose comments make them look like the fools they are.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#96 Jan 27, 2013
Exactly they are very delusional with raving paranoia. Christians have been given the run of the atheist forum mostly to allow them to make fools of themselves.

There is no way we would be allowed the same leeway on the Christian forums.
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
The server can get backed up in updating threads, so posts can lag. Often an impatient user will try to hit the "post comment" button repeatedly when the system gets slow and this is what typically causes multiple postings.
That you think the moderators are out to get you is just your own paranoia. It kind of goes with the self-aggrandizing idea that you have an important purpose in some grand scheme for the entire universe.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#97 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly they are very delusional with raving paranoia. Christians have been given the run of the atheist forum mostly to allow them to make fools of themselves.
There is no way we would be allowed the same leeway on the Christian forums.
<quoted text>
The true test of a democracy is the freedom from intolerance and censorship. The person who is afraid to let others judge for themselves the truth and falsehood of a religious ideology is a person who fears ideas.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#98 Jan 27, 2013
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire. "Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) who look after Topix forums from day to day. They have the authority to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate. Generally, moderators are present to prevent users from going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material."
The moderators on atheist forums abuse this priviledge by posting abusive or offensive material themselves, and by either deleting posts or locking out individuals whose comments make them look like the fools they are.
You mean these 2 people --

" http://www.topix.com/editors... ;

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#99 Jan 27, 2013
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire. "Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) who look after Topix forums from day to day. They have the authority to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate. Generally, moderators are present to prevent users from going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material."
The moderators on atheist forums abuse this priviledge by posting abusive or offensive material themselves, and by either deleting posts or locking out individuals whose comments make them look like the fools they are.
Or maybe you mean --

"all moderators are paid, full-time Topix employees." ... "Posts that violate the Topix Terms of Service may be removed by a moderator." (from " http://www.topix.com/topix/faq#forums_moderat... ;)

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#100 Jan 27, 2013
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
The true test of a democracy is the freedom from intolerance and censorship. The person who is afraid to let others judge for themselves the truth and falsehood of a religious ideology is a person who fears ideas.
That would only be possible if people would wait until a child has reached an age of skeptical inquiry and reasoning ability BEFORE introducing them to any theological philosophies.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#101 Jan 27, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe you mean --
"all moderators are paid, full-time Topix employees." ... "Posts that violate the Topix Terms of Service may be removed by a moderator." (from " http://www.topix.com/topix/faq#forums_moderat... ;)
Then moderators haven't read Topix TOS...."You understand and acknowledge that by using Topix, you may be exposed to content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable."

This is not a license to delete posts moderators don't agree with. To do so is to censor comments. Period. Freedom of speech is protected by the First Ammendment of our Constitution. The Supreme Court has written that this freedom is "the matrix, the indispensable condition of nearly every other form of freedom."

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#102 Jan 27, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
That would only be possible if people would wait until a child has reached an age of skeptical inquiry and reasoning ability BEFORE introducing them to any theological philosophies.
Who decides when a child reaches an age of skeptical inquiry? No one expects children to submit college theses on the subject of the origin of the universe. Exposing them to as many ideas as possible simply enhances the mystery and wonder of creation.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#103 Jan 27, 2013
This would indeed be a far better way to introduce concepts of god heaven and hell instead of the ruthless way children are indoctrinated today.
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
That would only be possible if people would wait until a child has reached an age of skeptical inquiry and reasoning ability BEFORE introducing them to any theological philosophies.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#104 Jan 27, 2013
So you would be fine if we were to put billboards across from churches saying Jesus was a myth, the resurrection never happened, use reason not biblical delusions?
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
The true test of a democracy is the freedom from intolerance and censorship. The person who is afraid to let others judge for themselves the truth and falsehood of a religious ideology is a person who fears ideas.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#105 Jan 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you would be fine if we were to put billboards across from churches saying Jesus was a myth, the resurrection never happened, use reason not biblical delusions?
<quoted text>
Public schools are funded by taxpayer finances (including the taxes of those who are religious). By law, public education facilities must admit and educate all children regardless of religious affiliations. A public school therefore should include the study of religions and associated beliefs in its curriculum. Such knowledge would go far to eradicate bigots like you.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#106 Jan 28, 2013
Doing a secular based study on the various religions of the world is common place even when I was in school so what's your point?

Again are you fine with an atheist group putting a Jesus was a myth sign outside a church yes or no?
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Public schools are funded by taxpayer finances (including the taxes of those who are religious). By law, public education facilities must admit and educate all children regardless of religious affiliations. A public school therefore should include the study of religions and associated beliefs in its curriculum. Such knowledge would go far to eradicate bigots like you.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#107 Jan 28, 2013
It's funny when you ask these pro life rejects what they do to help unwanted children they always change the subject! Easier to point your finger and judge then actually do something to help.

Typical

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#108 Jan 28, 2013
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Then moderators haven't read Topix TOS...."You understand and acknowledge that by using Topix, you may be exposed to content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable."
This is not a license to delete posts moderators don't agree with. To do so is to censor comments. Period. Freedom of speech is protected by the First Ammendment of our Constitution. The Supreme Court has written that this freedom is "the matrix, the indispensable condition of nearly every other form of freedom."
Forum Editors (such as myself) cannot delete posts or censor content in any way. Nor have I ever seen Topix staff known as moderators do so without good cause. Your paranoia is getting the better of you.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#109 Jan 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Doing a secular based study on the various religions of the world is common place even when I was in school so what's your point?
Again are you fine with an atheist group putting a Jesus was a myth sign outside a church yes or no?
<quoted text>
Knock yourself out! Your sign wouldn't be anymore earth shattering than the irreligious bumper stickers one sees from time to time.

The purpose of education is not to indoctrinate, but to use the child's natural inquisitiveness to teach him that humanity does not come from a machine but from the heart. What children learn in public schools today is not the wisdom of life, but the value of technology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 min woodtick57 2,407
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 13 min _Bad Company 23,208
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 15 min _Bad Company 163
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min KiMare 232,936
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 17 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... Sun Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... Sun Thinking 3
More from around the web