Since: Jan 14

Europe

#143 Feb 26, 2014
All the natural laws are perfect laws.
Unlike the other laws, they are all-powerful, all-knowing, present everywhere, good, just and constant:
All-powerful: e.g. Law of Economy of Life (Death), No matter who you are, your strength and how fortified you may be, it will bring you down any way.
All-knowing: e.g. human biological scientific law, The omniscient synchronicity of the systemic functionings in human body; All the biological and chemical wizards the world over keep contemplating with awe the superlative intelligence back of such human systemic processes.
Present everywhere: All the laws pervade all of existence, perceptibly and underlyingly.
Good: e.g. Death, When there seems to be no possible solution to the problem at hand, it will compassionately swiftly disengage the sufferer from the excruciating tangle.
Just: All the laws impersonally operate on all things without any discrimination.
Constant: The operations of all the laws manifest unfailing consistency of a permanent nature eternally.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#144 Feb 26, 2014
jide oni wrote:
All the natural laws are perfect laws.
Unlike the other laws, they are all-powerful, all-knowing, present everywhere, good, just and constant:
All-powerful: e.g. Law of Economy of Life (Death), No matter who you are, your strength and how fortified you may be, it will bring you down any way.
All-knowing: e.g. human biological scientific law, The omniscient synchronicity of the systemic functionings in human body; All the biological and chemical wizards the world over keep contemplating with awe the superlative intelligence back of such human systemic processes.
Present everywhere: All the laws pervade all of existence, perceptibly and underlyingly.
Good: e.g. Death, When there seems to be no possible solution to the problem at hand, it will compassionately swiftly disengage the sufferer from the excruciating tangle.
Just: All the laws impersonally operate on all things without any discrimination.
Constant: The operations of all the laws manifest unfailing consistency of a permanent nature eternally.
You know... your word salads would go over much better on a religious board where the inhabitants are more accustomed to long winded and utterly meaning less blather.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#145 Feb 26, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Reason Personified,
I very much expect that kind of reply from you and every other reasonable person in the forum. It is only an unreasonable person that will not react thus, at least from experience. By the same token, it is an unreasonable believer that will boo you and rush to his scriptures; Whereas, understandingly, I am leading you all to that plane of cosmic awareness where the hidden workings of God or Nature will be bared open to all.
Everything balances up with every other thing, thereby ensuring that all the present states of things are the corresponding cumulative aggregates of all the past actions.
Whoever is now apparently suffering for no just cause,
is duly clearing some past karmic debts, or building up some future karmic credits.
The Law of Balance throws its weight behind karmic loads to rid our mind of unnecessary feeling of pity and self-pity, as nothing can happen to anyone except one deserves it.
The Law of Karma is not type, kind or species specific, or space and time bound.
You are not leading us, in anyway or to anywhere. We are not easily led, and we generally would investigate and adequately prove to ourselves the leadership qualities of any person before we would be inclined to follow him or her. And just these few postings of yours would eliminate you from any possibility of leadership for us.
There is no law of karma, but I'd guess that to a believer your ridiculous explanation would be as good as any for the complete lack of any provable karmic events.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#146 Feb 26, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Whether one denies or accepts that God exists, the earth will continue to rotate on its axis and revolve round the sun.
But the person who denies the existence of a good God will continue to live a life of emptiness, disappointment, insecurity, uncertainty, hopelessness, dissatisfaction and sadness - that life is without purpose, that the best possible is not happening, that what will happen next depends on chance, that at death, nowhere to go or is there any possibility of being given another chance, that evil is rife in the world, all leading to the absence of peace of mind.
Whereas, the world will not remain the same with the individual whn gains the understanding of God and his laws. This awareness will enable him to live happily in the wisdom and power of the intelligence back of the laws, that whatever is good for him, the infinite power will bring it to pass. that no chance occurrence, but that everything works for his good, and this realization will enable him to attain perfect peace of mind.
I do deny and have denied all gods for decades, and especially those who would claim that they be good ones. Yet I live an interesting, fulfilled and very happy life. I have family, friends and colleagues who all see me as an honest, moral, sharing, compassionate and happy person. I am a perpetual optimist.

So those negatives that you claim for me, are so well hidden, that I nor others can find no trace of them in me or in my life.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#147 Feb 26, 2014
Terryl,
Shielding Atheism's face from my logical bayonet?
Don't panic. The end of Atheism isn't the end of your life.
But the Law of Opposites too has a hand in the destruction of Atheism:
Up and down, right and left, hot and cool, warm and cold, here and there, wet and dry, laughter and crying, work and play, pleasure and pains, war and peace, fortune and misfortune, riches and poverty, life and death, birth of Atheism and death of Atheism...
And so, human existence is sustained by means of the complementary participation of opposites in an unending sequence.
Cast off the negative, and the positive makes a detour to seek another negative of corresponding frequency to act upon.
Positive without negative will fail to yield any result.
A life devoid of problems to solve, translates to a life derobed of progress and satisfaction borne of self-application.
In a world where it is happiness all through, in no time will the happiness lose its sweetness, for want of its opposite with which to compare it.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#148 Feb 26, 2014
jide oni wrote:
I earlier said that when reason meets with reason, resolution is certain, but not so, where faith is involved.
Many of us were raised in an Abrahamic faith, but wading through life vicissitudes, we have chosen to rebrand ourselves.
As we progress in this debate, my anti-faith stance will come in the open.
It is one thing to live a life outwardly free of strife and stress, it is yet another thing altogether to be inwardly serene and unperturbed.
Through keen understanding of the workings of the laws, one is able to have explanations to all the apparent irregularities that tend to stifle man's happy expectancy in life.
Having been well grounded in the Law of Economy of Life (Death), the apparently uncalled-for death of a day-old baby, of the lone child of a post-menopause mother, of about-to-wed or newly wed, or the death of a long-suffering week-old achiever, all such apparently purposeless vagaries of nature, perfectly fit in with the overall symmetry and order that rule the universe.
I hate to be the one to tell ya buddy:

but what you offer is not explanation, but confusion, assertion, declaration, certainly not clarity.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#150 Feb 27, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Terryl,
Shielding Atheism's face from my logical bayonet?
Don't panic. The end of Atheism isn't the end of your life.
But the Law of Opposites too has a hand in the destruction of Atheism:
Up and down, right and left, hot and cool, warm and cold, here and there, wet and dry, laughter and crying, work and play, pleasure and pains, war and peace, fortune and misfortune, riches and poverty, life and death, birth of Atheism and death of Atheism...
And so, human existence is sustained by means of the complementary participation of opposites in an unending sequence.
Cast off the negative, and the positive makes a detour to seek another negative of corresponding frequency to act upon.
Positive without negative will fail to yield any result.
A life devoid of problems to solve, translates to a life derobed of progress and satisfaction borne of self-application.
In a world where it is happiness all through, in no time will the happiness lose its sweetness, for want of its opposite with which to compare it.
And now you resort to unadorned preaching, full of bluster, devoid of logic, a stream of unsubstantiated assertions. Predictable , but a little sad all the same...

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#151 Feb 27, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Terryl,
Shielding Atheism's face from my logical bayonet?
Don't panic. The end of Atheism isn't the end of your life.
But the Law of Opposites too has a hand in the destruction of Atheism:
Up and down, right and left, hot and cool, warm and cold, here and there, wet and dry, laughter and crying, work and play, pleasure and pains, war and peace, fortune and misfortune, riches and poverty, life and death, birth of Atheism and death of Atheism...
And so, human existence is sustained by means of the complementary participation of opposites in an unending sequence.
Cast off the negative, and the positive makes a detour to seek another negative of corresponding frequency to act upon.
Positive without negative will fail to yield any result.
A life devoid of problems to solve, translates to a life derobed of progress and satisfaction borne of self-application.
In a world where it is happiness all through, in no time will the happiness lose its sweetness, for want of its opposite with which to compare it.
Perhaps you missed what I wrote earlier... here it is again... just in case:

You know... your word salads would go over much better on a religious board where the inhabitants are more accustomed to long winded and utterly meaningless blather.

BTW... after reading a few of your posts it is painfully obvious that you have no idea what "logic" is.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#152 Feb 27, 2014
Folks,
Do you agree or disagree with me:
1. That an imperfect law must be violable, changeable and have exceptions?
and
2.That a perfect law must be inviolable, permanent and have no exceptions?
Where you disagree, state the reason why.
The argument proper, you have been dodging with flimsy excuses.
Let's get down to business men, and let the Atheists' evil be ashamed!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#153 Feb 27, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Folks,
Do you agree or disagree with me:
1. That an imperfect law must be violable, changeable and have exceptions?
and
2.That a perfect law must be inviolable, permanent and have no exceptions?
Where you disagree, state the reason why.
The argument proper, you have been dodging with flimsy excuses.
Let's get down to business men, and let the Atheists' evil be ashamed!
Troll, when you use phrases like "let the Atheists's evil be ashamed" you make it clear that you aren't interested in having any sort of discussion.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#154 Feb 27, 2014
But it is you, in particular, that have not been civil enough in your use of language.
You must have observed that I have been doggedly on-topic in spite of your diversionary posts.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#155 Feb 27, 2014
jide oni wrote:
But it is you, in particular, that have not been civil enough in your use of language.
You must have observed that I have been doggedly on-topic in spite of your diversionary posts.
Sadly, for your, your "topic" is being destroyed left and right by every other poster on here.

Hey - tell us more about how "karma" is a natural law.

LOL...that never gets old...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156 Feb 27, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you resort to unadorned preaching, full of bluster, devoid of logic, a stream of unsubstantiated assertions. Predictable , but a little sad all the same...
Give him a break. His skill-set is no longer relevant since the last Obama campaign.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157 Feb 27, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to be the one to tell ya buddy:
but what you offer is not explanation, but confusion, assertion, declaration, certainly not clarity.
Give him a break. Those skills are no longer in demand, since the last Obama campaign.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#158 Feb 27, 2014
Prove it.
jide oni wrote:
All the natural laws are perfect laws.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#159 Feb 27, 2014
Try that again using agreed English rules.
jide oni wrote:
Folks,
Do you agree or disagree with me:
1. That an imperfect law must be violable, changeable and have exceptions?
and
2.That a perfect law must be inviolable, permanent and have no exceptions?
Where you disagree, state the reason why.
The argument proper, you have been dodging with flimsy excuses.
Let's get down to business men, and let the Atheists' evil be ashamed!

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#160 Feb 27, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Folks,
Do you agree or disagree with me:
1. That an imperfect law must be violable, changeable and have exceptions?
and
2.That a perfect law must be inviolable, permanent and have no exceptions?
Where you disagree, state the reason why.
The argument proper, you have been dodging with flimsy excuses.
Let's get down to business men, and let the Atheists' evil be ashamed!
This is a tactic known ad "changing the goalposts." It issue is not the quality or nature of these "perfect laws," but whether they exist in the first place. You are adding to your already impressive list of logical fallacies, but not making any headway in defending your thesis.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#161 Feb 27, 2014
The Law of Karma, otherwise known as the Law of Natural Justice, is truly a natural law
Natural laws are permanently constant, inviolable and have no exceptions.
The Law of Karma is immutable. Unlike the man-made laws, it can neither be modified nor cancelled.
It is inviolable, no one can disobey it.
Irrespective of your station in life, whatever you sow, literally or metaphorically, you are bound to reap, measure for measure.
When it appears that a harvest of thorn is issuing forth from the seed of corn, then we simply need to examine more closely the antecedent(s) of the sower, of the seed, of the terrain, of the climate or/and of the season, and we shall notice which aspect(s) has/have been misplaced or displaced.
And if all the observables are well placed and well appraised to no avail, then we should redirect our search-light to ourselves, and examine which aspect(s) of our being has/have made a slip, since the seed of corn must necessarily give forth a harvest of corn.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#162 Feb 27, 2014
Chicken karma is for wusses. My favourite Indian dish is King Prawn Pathia.
jide oni wrote:
The Law of Karma, otherwise known as the Law of Natural Justice, is truly a natural law
Natural laws are permanently constant, inviolable and have no exceptions.
The Law of Karma is immutable. Unlike the man-made laws, it can neither be modified nor cancelled.
It is inviolable, no one can disobey it.
Irrespective of your station in life, whatever you sow, literally or metaphorically, you are bound to reap, measure for measure.
When it appears that a harvest of thorn is issuing forth from the seed of corn, then we simply need to examine more closely the antecedent(s) of the sower, of the seed, of the terrain, of the climate or/and of the season, and we shall notice which aspect(s) has/have been misplaced or displaced.
And if all the observables are well placed and well appraised to no avail, then we should redirect our search-light to ourselves, and examine which aspect(s) of our being has/have made a slip, since the seed of corn must necessarily give forth a harvest of corn.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#163 Feb 27, 2014
Atheism still not destroyed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confessions of a black atheist 27 min Samoan Irish 41
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 51 min MikeF 18,023
News The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr Thinking 1,143
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Igor Trip 236,938
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Eagle 12 6,458
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr ChristineM 1,875
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 14 hr Thinking 14,508
More from around the web