Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Deba...

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#1060 Apr 16, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Same here. There is absolutely no sane reason to engage this poster, his every response will be nothing less than pure noise with no substance.
Putting up the last fight? Your peevish ranting is understandable.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1061 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
NightSerf,
As it is below, so is it above; As it is within, so is it without; As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.
The physiognomy is invariably mirroring the world within.
Even where there is no above, nor within, nor yet, a thinking heart; the below, the without or the physiognomy itself justifies and substantiates itself in an exact similitude of the perfect physical world that stands to substantiate its own perfect nature by its very physical presence, even in the incidental absence of a mind behind the scene.
Where the existence of the sure invisible mind-power behind the awe-inspiring fiery sun is denied, then the ever-overwhelming presence of the life-sustaining flaming disc, is quite deserving of our adoration as a natural substitute for the repressed solar mind-power.
Whether there is a god behind the phenomenal world or not, what counts in our candid estimation is the existing justice and harmony in our world; Of what relevance is a god whose handiworks are crookedly wrought and half-baked?
More platitudes, more razzle-dazzle devoid of substance.

Foolish man! What counts is nothing more or less than simple kindness with ample empathy and nonjudgmental generosity. These are the attributes that enrich our inner beings and ennoble our lives. To achieve them, we need no religion, no gods, not even science. Only good intention that we work to achieve without hesitation or compromise. To have helped those around us as they help us takes the sting out of the certainty and finality of death. Know that, we can face reality without overwhelming sadness or eventual madness.

That is enough for me.

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#1062 Apr 16, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>More platitudes, more razzle-dazzle devoid of substance.
Foolish man! What counts is nothing more or less than simple kindness with ample empathy and nonjudgmental generosity. These are the attributes that enrich our inner beings and ennoble our lives. To achieve them, we need no religion, no gods, not even science. Only good intention that we work to achieve without hesitation or compromise. To have helped those around us as they help us takes the sting out of the certainty and finality of death. Know that, we can face reality without overwhelming sadness or eventual madness.
That is enough for me.
Direct opposite of what you claim to be. Foul-mouthed and 'evil'-eyed.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#1063 Apr 16, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>More platitudes, more razzle-dazzle devoid of substance.
Foolish man! What counts is nothing more or less than simple kindness with ample empathy and nonjudgmental generosity. These are the attributes that enrich our inner beings and ennoble our lives. To achieve them, we need no religion, no gods, not even science. Only good intention that we work to achieve without hesitation or compromise. To have helped those around us as they help us takes the sting out of the certainty and finality of death. Know that, we can face reality without overwhelming sadness or eventual madness.
That is enough for me.
Morality without god, religion or science, does no one any good.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1064 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Morality without god, religion or science, does no one any good.
Tell that to the girl I saved from gang-rape in1970. To the friend whom I saved from being impaled when he was falling towards a spike that would have pierced his throat. To the child I saved using the Heimlich maneuver. To the dog I protected from being struck again and again after the first car hit him and kept right on going. To the people I've helped when they had no one else to turn to comforting them in their darkest hours, and guiding them past suicidal urges.

Tell them that kindness, compassion, courage, and empathy did no good and listen to them laugh and laugh at anyone who disparages the one who saw them at their most vulnerable and extended a hand full of mercy and free of judgement. Tell them that without your phantom god, kindness, compassion, generosity, and empathy do no good.

Tell them.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1065 Apr 17, 2014
Oh, yeah, don't forget to mention how foul-mouthed and evil I am.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#1066 Apr 17, 2014
Understandable that you would still be incorrect? I agree.
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Understandable, avenging your dead atheism.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#1067 Apr 17, 2014
jedi nonce's mind is mainly space.
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Does space has a mind?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#1068 Apr 17, 2014
No.
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Space is matter, inasmuch as natural vacuum doesn't exist.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#1069 Apr 17, 2014
Morality with only the sense of duty, but without the recognition of the principle of measure-for-measure aggregation, may choose to wreak untold havoc in the lives of multitudes with impunity.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#1070 Apr 17, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
Oh, yeah, don't forget to mention how foul-mouthed and evil I am.
Calling a fellow discussant a foolish man, and giving inaccurate info about him.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#1071 Apr 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
jedi nonce's mind is mainly space.
<quoted text>
An unqualified beast, playing pranks with another man's name.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#1072 Apr 17, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> We are a part of the universe, therefore universal consciousness.
Custard is a part of the universe, therefore universal custard.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#1073 Apr 17, 2014
Although I will point out that while there is a slight possibility that alien life elsewhere in the vast vast universe has also developed custard, the only place there is definitive evidence of the existence of custard is planet Earth.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1074 Apr 17, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Same here. There is absolutely no sane reason to engage this poster, his every response will be nothing less than pure noise with no substance.
I like the way Night Serf has been responding to him. Now there is a guy with patience!

BTW... good to 'see' you. I trust all is well with you?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1075 Apr 17, 2014
jide oni wrote:
Morality with only the sense of duty, but without the recognition of the principle of measure-for-measure aggregation, may choose to wreak untold havoc in the lives of multitudes with impunity.
Kindness has nothing to do with duty. It comes form a well developed sense of empathy and a desire to be a source of happiness and well-being. Kindness expects no reward and no reciprocation and hopes only for friendship. A community where kindness proliferates is happy indeed.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#1076 Apr 17, 2014
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.... I gave up on this thread after a couple of days. It's like trying to converse with a random word generator. I have been reading though... to see if 'oni' will ever become coherent.
He is coming up with stupider pseudo-philosophical drivel everyday.I doubt if he would ever make sense.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#1077 Apr 17, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Jide oni's knowledge of physics--science in general, actually--seems to be about the same as mine was in 1963. Very basic and even more outdated. He claims to have been a professor and still uses that title when promoting his books. The claim is true, but his subject was graphonomy, which he misspells as "graphognomy" on his facebook page, and which has been dismissed by criminology and psychology departments in Europe, Canada, and the U.S as a pseudoscience. In one interview, he claimed that criminality can be definitely identified via handwriting analysis. That claim does not appear to be taken seriously by any reputable scholars outside of Africa.
Nowhere on the web could I find any indication that he actually graduated from any institution of higher learning. The same facebook page states that he "Studied at University of Ife, Ile-Ife, Nigeria," which is a real university, but does not currently offer any classes in handwriting analysis, legitimate or otherwise. Its main focus is on health sciences. From what I can discover, jide oni appears to be a blowhard of epic proportions.
Exactly!His knowledge of physics is very rudimentary and yet he feigns knowledge on more complex concepts.I did look up his facebook page and he it seems likes he propagates his delusions through writings
He can do much better if he becomes open-minded and concedes his erroneous beliefs.After all,none of us his all knowing.We should always try to learn new things and rectify our mistaken beliefs.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1078 Apr 17, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>He is coming up with stupider pseudo-philosophical drivel everyday.I doubt if he would ever make sense.
It is somewhat comical though. In a sad/pathetic sort of way, of course.

Since: Jan 14

United States

#1079 Apr 17, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Custard is a part of the universe, therefore universal custard.
Our consciousness forms the collective conscious part of the universe,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 31 min dollarsbill 12,572
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 36 min par five 6
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min dollarsbill 247,329
News Militant Atheists are On the March 1 hr thetruth 4
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr -Stray Dog 47,790
Proof of God for the Atheist 2 hr thetruth 105
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 8 hr thetruth 59
More from around the web