Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Deba...

Since: Jan 14

United States

#1037 Apr 16, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>We are collection of matters and space is not a matter.I can clearly draw a line of distinction between them.Why can't you?How our presence in the universe makes space conscious?If space is unconscious,then the whole universe can't be conscious.Universe is a collective noun and it is our conception of totality that encompasses everything that exists.And the essences and attributions of each aspect of it may not inductively true for the entirety .
We are a part of the universe, therefore universal consciousness.

Since: Jan 14

United States

#1038 Apr 16, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>We are collection of matters and space is not a matter.I can clearly draw a line of distinction between them.Why can't you?How our presence in the universe makes space conscious?If space is unconscious,then the whole universe can't be conscious.Universe is a collective noun and it is our conception of totality that encompasses everything that exists.And the essences and attributions of each aspect of it may not inductively true for the entirety .
Universe is not a collective noun, but a unit of diverse things, e.g. you.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#1039 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Space is matter, inasmuch as natural vacuum doesn't exist.
This shows your knowledge about theoretical physics. Thank you!

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#1040 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> We are a part of the universe, therefore universal consciousness.
If our presence makes entire universe consciousness,then everything you said so far would be wrong.W e're not omnipotent,omnibenevolent or even omniscient.And all of these qualities require consciousness.Hence,universe is not omnipotent,omniscient and omnibenevolent.
Does that makes sense to you?No matter you see universe as a whole heterogeneous system(your point of view) or a collection of different entities(my point of view),you're claims are plain crass and make no sense.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#1042 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Note the word 'natural' in my post. In nature, there's no nothing.
A space doesn't necessarily have to be a vacuum.A vacuum is an idealized state of space where there is no energy and matter which of course not possible as matter and energy are pervasive.A space is a medium through which gravitational field propagates .
Is it still hard to comprehend the difference between matter and space?

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#1045 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> As long as space isn't an emptiness, then space is matter.
Thank you for showing your ignorance again.Take the help of Google and find what is the difference between a matter and space.
Sorry,I don't mean to offend you.You're easily the dumbest person I've ever talked with.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#1046 Apr 16, 2014
It seems like all the regular posters barring me have given up before your relentless dogmatism and delusions.You're simply boring and quite stupidly repetitive.You have no idea as to what space and matter is and yet you claim to have true knowledge of universe. How ironic?If you can't grasp these simple ideas,then it is quite unlikely you would have any better understanding of much more complex ideas of universe
Live up with your delusions.You seem to get no vote for your delusional beliefs here.As I told earlier,there are many weak-minded godbots who would easily give in to your beliefs.Go seek them,you're simply waste of time.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#1047 Apr 16, 2014
If space is not independent of its contents, and the contents are matter, then the space must assume the nature of its contents, as long as exclusive space does not exist, but its eternally obligatorily present contents. So, any reference to space does not at any time exclude its contents, since it does not have its own separate existence to itself.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#1048 Apr 16, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
It seems like all the regular posters barring me have given up before your relentless dogmatism and delusions.You're simply boring and quite stupidly repetitive.You have no idea as to what space and matter is and yet you claim to have true knowledge of universe. How ironic?If you can't grasp these simple ideas,then it is quite unlikely you would have any better understanding of much more complex ideas of universe
Live up with your delusions.You seem to get no vote for your delusional beliefs here.As I told earlier,there are many weak-minded godbots who would easily give in to your beliefs.Go seek them,you're simply waste of time.
It's a duologue. Expecting others' interruption?; Or you need their help?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1049 Apr 16, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
It seems like all the regular posters barring me have given up before your relentless dogmatism and delusions.You're simply boring and quite stupidly repetitive.You have no idea as to what space and matter is and yet you claim to have true knowledge of universe. How ironic?If you can't grasp these simple ideas,then it is quite unlikely you would have any better understanding of much more complex ideas of universe
Live up with your delusions.You seem to get no vote for your delusional beliefs here.As I told earlier,there are many weak-minded godbots who would easily give in to your beliefs.Go seek them,you're simply waste of time.
Yeah.... I gave up on this thread after a couple of days. It's like trying to converse with a random word generator. I have been reading though... to see if 'oni' will ever become coherent.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1050 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
If there is a supreme Being with absolute characteristics, then those perfect attributes must be reflected in every conceivable possible world.
For example, the justice of the universal Governor is such that every human is blessed with problems to solve, so that he can experience the joy that comes of self-accomplishment.
But many humans, for want of foresight, insight and hindsight on their part, are constrained to always expect all effects directly in time and in place;
Whereas, the complexity of natural recycling and reshuffling is such that pleasurable just recompense and painful hard deserts, are not always species specific, time and place immediacy bound, but
invariably gravity specific.
One may work in London, and get compensated in Nigeria; A debtor may work without pay, but not so, a creditor.
All the misconceptions about the goodness of a supreme being are evidently due to the fact that man tends to confuse situational changing manifestations with the permanent underlying constants of nature.
Again with the confusion about how logic works. Your first statement would need to be "if and only if" to justify further reasoning based on it. You can probably justify "if," and I'll accept that much for now. The "only if" presents more of a problem. You cannot prove the existence of your god by showing that some of the attributes you ascribe to it can be observed in the universe without first showing conclusively that those attributes cannot exist without the god. You haven't done that. I don't think that you (or anyone else, for that matter) can.

From there, you launch into a sermon that makes sense only if one already accepts the existence of your "universal Governor," making the whole argument implicitly circular. From there, your post descends into complete nonsense. "Whereas, the complexity of natural recycling and reshuffling is such that pleasurable just recompense and painful hard deserts, are not always species specific, time and place immediacy bound, but invariably gravity specific."? Get real. that doesn't even mean anything. It's an example of the "word salad" approach that you've been called on before.

This post moves you further away from acceptance of your ideas, not closer.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1051 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> We are a part of the universe, therefore universal consciousness.
Nonsense. Just more philosophical abstraction that cannot be substantiated. More religious claptrap. This statement goes into the discard pile.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#1052 Apr 16, 2014
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.... I gave up on this thread after a couple of days. It's like trying to converse with a random word generator. I have been reading though... to see if 'oni' will ever become coherent.
Same here. There is absolutely no sane reason to engage this poster, his every response will be nothing less than pure noise with no substance.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1053 Apr 16, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>This shows your knowledge about theoretical physics. Thank you!
Jide oni's knowledge of physics--science in general, actually--seems to be about the same as mine was in 1963. Very basic and even more outdated. He claims to have been a professor and still uses that title when promoting his books. The claim is true, but his subject was graphonomy, which he misspells as "graphognomy" on his facebook page, and which has been dismissed by criminology and psychology departments in Europe, Canada, and the U.S as a pseudoscience. In one interview, he claimed that criminality can be definitely identified via handwriting analysis. That claim does not appear to be taken seriously by any reputable scholars outside of Africa.

Nowhere on the web could I find any indication that he actually graduated from any institution of higher learning. The same facebook page states that he "Studied at University of Ife, Ile-Ife, Nigeria," which is a real university, but does not currently offer any classes in handwriting analysis, legitimate or otherwise. Its main focus is on health sciences. From what I can discover, jide oni appears to be a blowhard of epic proportions.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1054 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text> Note the word 'natural' in my post. In nature, there's no nothing.
According to modern physics, the universe is composed almost entirely of nothing. Proportionally, there is enormous and absolutely empty space between the particles that make up each atom and even more between the atoms. In the near vacuum of space, molecules proliferate so sparsely that those spaces are significant even beyond the atomic level.

In nature, there is plenty of nothing, many orders of magnitude more by volume than there is something.

Since: Jan 14

United States

#1055 Apr 16, 2014
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.... I gave up on this thread after a couple of days. It's like trying to converse with a random word generator. I have been reading though... to see if 'oni' will ever become coherent.
All colors look yellow to jaundiced eyes.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1056 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
fadu singh,
Man is the microcosm of the larger universe, to wit:
Man is composed of matter and mind, i.e. earth, water, air, fire and mind/intelligence;
Universe, also made up of matter and mind, i.e. earth, water, air, fire and mind/intelligence,(but man inclusive as well).
Yet more assertions, philosophical abstractions at that. None substantiated and probably cannot be supported by evidence and logic. You are making no headway at all.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#1057 Apr 16, 2014
jide oni wrote:
If space is not independent of its contents, and the contents are matter, then the space must assume the nature of its contents, as long as exclusive space does not exist, but its eternally obligatorily present contents. So, any reference to space does not at any time exclude its contents, since it does not have its own separate existence to itself.
Complete balderdash. You really ought to study modern physics on a basic level before presuming to expound on it. You're making a fool of yourself.

Since: Jan 14

United States

#1058 Apr 16, 2014
NightSerf,
As it is below, so is it above; As it is within, so is it without; As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.
The physiognomy is invariably mirroring the world within.
Even where there is no above, nor within, nor yet, a thinking heart; the below, the without or the physiognomy itself justifies and substantiates itself in an exact similitude of the perfect physical world that stands to substantiate its own perfect nature by its very physical presence, even in the incidental absence of a mind behind the scene.
Where the existence of the sure invisible mind-power behind the awe-inspiring fiery sun is denied, then the ever-overwhelming presence of the life-sustaining flaming disc, is quite deserving of our adoration as a natural substitute for the repressed solar mind-power.
Whether there is a god behind the phenomenal world or not, what counts in our candid estimation is the existing justice and harmony in our world; Of what relevance is a god whose handiworks are crookedly wrought and half-baked?

Since: Jan 14

United States

#1059 Apr 16, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet more assertions, philosophical abstractions at that. None substantiated and probably cannot be supported by evidence and logic. You are making no headway at all.
It's you that are gradually becomig confounded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min Dogen 80,037
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 6 hr Eagle 12 - 119
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 16 hr Eagle 12 - 65
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sat Eagle 12 - 104
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Fri River Tam 32,582
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web