Since: Jan 14

United States

#724 Mar 31, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>There was no inconsistency in my arguments I suppose.If it was then you should have pointed it out.I am not judging myself or ever posed myself as a genius.
The omnipotent paradox is an age old logical argument and it is not my original brainchild.It's not about being original or unoriginal;it's about being how logical and true your statements are.
I said matter is indestructible, that what is indestructible is endless,:- eternal,:- no beginning,:- uncreatable.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#725 Mar 31, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
I said matter is indestructible, that what is indestructible is endless,:- eternal,:- no beginning,:- uncreatable.
I am quite certain you can destroy matter. Energy on the other hand can not be created nor destroyed.

Since: Jan 14

United States

#726 Mar 31, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
Jide oni:"A God that can make any rock can unmake it. therefore It is omnipotent."
This one quote of you proves that you're full of crap.
In other words, if a God can make, It can unmake. Period. Simply a conditional clause.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#727 Mar 31, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
I said matter is indestructible, that what is indestructible is endless,:- eternal,:- no beginning,:- uncreatable.
I have never that.I have been asking if your God is competent of creating an unbreakable rock?What your blabbing about as no relevance to my questions as I never asked if your God could create rock out of nothingness.I am just if he can create such rock from available matter in the universe.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#728 Mar 31, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, if a God can make, It can unmake. Period. Simply a conditional clause.
If your God can create such rock than he won't be omnipotent as he wouldn't be able to break.Is it that hard to understand?
If you can't understand these simple things you should better be silent and acknowledge your ignorance rather than preaching your crap.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#729 Mar 31, 2014
So what. I can do the same with my bed. Plus, there's evidence for me.
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, if a God can make, It can unmake. Period. Simply a conditional clause.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#730 Mar 31, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>I have never that.I have been asking if your God is competent of creating an unbreakable rock?What your blabbing about as no relevance to my questions as I never asked if your God could create rock out of nothingness.I am just if he can create such rock from available matter in the universe.
Correction: "I have never doubted that"

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#731 Mar 31, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite certain you can destroy matter. Energy on the other hand can not be created nor destroyed.
No, matter is indestructible, i.e. cannot be annihilated, i.e. cannot be made not to exist any more.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#732 Mar 31, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>I have never that.I have been asking if your God is competent of creating an unbreakable rock?What your blabbing about as no relevance to my questions as I never asked if your God could create rock out of nothingness.I am just if he can create such rock from available matter in the universe.
Making from available matter is not creation, but transmutation.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#733 Mar 31, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>If your God can create such rock than he won't be omnipotent as he wouldn't be able to break.Is it that hard to understand?
If you can't understand these simple things you should better be silent and acknowledge your ignorance rather than preaching your crap.
No creation can actually take place.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#734 Mar 31, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
Making from available matter is not creation, but transmutation.
Transmutation is completely a different concept.It means conversion of one form of element into other.
Thanks for showing your ignorance about it too,

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#735 Mar 31, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
No creation can actually take place.
So your God can't be omnipotent too

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#736 Mar 31, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So what. I can do the same with my bed. Plus, there's evidence for me.
<quoted text>
Of course, anyone should be able to.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#737 Mar 31, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Transmutation is completely a different concept.It means conversion of one form of element into other.
Thanks for showing your ignorance about it too,
You are a die-hard stubborn ignoramus.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#738 Mar 31, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
No, matter is indestructible, i.e. cannot be annihilated, i.e. cannot be made not to exist any more.
Do you have some source to that or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#739 Mar 31, 2014
Conservation of mass is what you are trying for here it seems. Not matter. I believe you are using the term matter incorrectly hence causing the confusion.

Conservation of mass does not point towards anything godly.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#740 Mar 31, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have some source to that or are you just pulling this out of your ass?
What a childish question? Take any object in your hand, and try its annihilation.

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#741 Mar 31, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
Conservation of mass is what you are trying for here it seems. Not matter. I believe you are using the term matter incorrectly hence causing the confusion.
Conservation of mass does not point towards anything godly.
Neither does it point to anything to the contrary.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#742 Mar 31, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does it point to anything to the contrary.
Haha wow. You will do anything to omit your god. People like you are the reason others hate religious people. You just spout nonsense and expect someone to be able to reply to it but they can't because it is actually nonsense. It's almost like talking to a mentally ill patient that has yet to learn communication.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#743 Mar 31, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof has eluded you.
This is a cop-out. the surest sign that a solid proof has been delivered is that at least in the audience who read and think about it begin to be persuaded by it. The process can be slow if the concept goes against deeply ingrained bias, but it should still be evident in at least some of the replies within the discussion. That is not the case here,nor are you contending with bias that is ore than skin deep in most of your audience.

The real problem is that you have stated your thesis poorly have have not substantiated it at all. Indeed, you seem to believe that stating and proving it are one and the same. They are not.

One example: you begin by describing a god that doesn't seem to actually do anything, but merely is, but later state that he is omnipotent because he can do anything. Perhaps you could describe what he does to manifest that omnipotence. You could go further and tell us how the universe as we know it would be different without the presence of your god.

I contend that an omnipotent god would be so evident that belief would be inescapable, that it would be impossible to shut one's mind off thoroughly from such a being. But every evangelizing writer who has ever come to this forum, including you, has ultimately admitted that their deity can only be seen with the eyes of faith, i.e., that our skepticism blinds us to whatever glorious vision that claim to see.

Ultimately, without that faith, there is no difference between a universe with their gods and one with no deities of any kind.

Evidence.

Logic.

Reason.

Without them, no QED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 min Patrick 22,126
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr Patrick 19
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr Patrick 189
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr KiMare 227,416
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Jaimie 71
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 8 hr Patrick 42
Atheism 101: What's the most aggravating argume... 13 hr Patrick n Angela 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••