Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Deba...

Since: Jan 14

United States

#684 Mar 29, 2014
I try as much as possible to be consistent in my statements, except if fellow discussants are unable to follow my line of arguments.
There are creations, and there was no Creation.
By creations, I mean production of literary, imaginative or any creative work of artistic or scientific nature. Whatever is so created is not given any new existence in the sense of originating a completely new material species from a state of nothingness.
Whereas, by Creation, I mean the bringing to existence a new species of matter from nothing, and considered an exclusive fiat from a supreme Being.
It is the latter of the two different significations of creation above, that I consider quite naturally impossible.
It is an established fact that nothing can never give rise to something, meaning that Creation in its ontological sense is impossible.
Also, it has been scientifically proven that matter is indestructible, i.e. matter can never be pushed out of existence, hence the idea of eternity, i.e. no beginning and no end.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#685 Mar 29, 2014
could/couldn't!
jide oni wrote:
I try as much as possible to be consistent in my statements, except if fellow discussants are unable to follow my line of arguments.
There are creations, and there was no Creation.
By creations, I mean production of literary, imaginative or any creative work of artistic or scientific nature. Whatever is so created is not given any new existence in the sense of originating a completely new material species from a state of nothingness.
Whereas, by Creation, I mean the bringing to existence a new species of matter from nothing, and considered an exclusive fiat from a supreme Being.
It is the latter of the two different significations of creation above, that I consider quite naturally impossible.
It is an established fact that nothing can never give rise to something, meaning that Creation in its ontological sense is impossible.
Also, it has been scientifically proven that matter is indestructible, i.e. matter can never be pushed out of existence, hence the idea of eternity, i.e. no beginning and no end.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#686 Mar 29, 2014
jide oni wrote:
I try as much as possible to be consistent in my statements, except if fellow discussants are unable to follow my line of arguments.
There are creations, and there was no Creation.
By creations, I mean production of literary, imaginative or any creative work of artistic or scientific nature. Whatever is so created is not given any new existence in the sense of originating a completely new material species from a state of nothingness.
Whereas, by Creation, I mean the bringing to existence a new species of matter from nothing, and considered an exclusive fiat from a supreme Being.
It is the latter of the two different significations of creation above, that I consider quite naturally impossible.
It is an established fact that nothing can never give rise to something, meaning that Creation in its ontological sense is impossible.
Also, it has been scientifically proven that matter is indestructible, i.e. matter can never be pushed out of existence, hence the idea of eternity, i.e. no beginning and no end.
It seems like Mr self acclaimed genius jide. oni has completely misinterpreted my statement as he has his own definitions of words that differ from the conventional ones.
I have never really asked if your God could create matter or energy from nothingness .Stones and rocks are made up of matters that are compacted in a finite volumes.
All I want is to know if your God could pack seemingly infinite amount of matters into a small volume whose limit tends to zero and make a rock that he himself can't break.
The volume of universe used to be zero before big bang and hence a zero volume is possible.
Can your God create such rock which is absolutely unbreakable?
\
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#687 Mar 29, 2014
jide oni wrote:
I try as much as possible to be consistent in my statements, except if fellow discussants are unable to follow my line of arguments....
If you actually had a line of argument in the first place you would not have to try to be consistent.

But the fact that you have to "try as much as possible to be consistent" proves two things:-
1. You don't believe in what you are saying.
2. You don't understand what you are saying.

Since: Jan 14

United States

#688 Mar 29, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually had a line of argument in the first place you would not have to try to be consistent.
But the fact that you have to "try as much as possible to be consistent" proves two things:-
1. You don't believe in what you are saying.
2. You don't understand what you are saying.
Haven't you tried to be what you are before you are what you are?

Since: Jan 14

United States

#689 Mar 29, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems like Mr self acclaimed genius jide. oni has completely misinterpreted my statement as he has his own definitions of words that differ from the conventional ones.
I have never really asked if your God could create matter or energy from nothingness .Stones and rocks are made up of matters that are compacted in a finite volumes.
All I want is to know if your God could pack seemingly infinite amount of matters into a small volume whose limit tends to zero and make a rock that he himself can't break.
The volume of universe used to be zero before big bang and hence a zero volume is possible.
Can your God create such rock which is absolutely unbreakable?
\
There is naturally nothing impossible for God to do.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#690 Mar 29, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
There is naturally nothing impossible for God to do.
Oh?

Can God create a stone so heavy she can't move it?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#691 Mar 29, 2014
And I noticed you limited supernatural God to naturally.

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#692 Mar 29, 2014
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh?
Can God create a stone so heavy she can't move it?
Is It she? Nothing can be created.

Since: Jan 14

Europe

#693 Mar 29, 2014
greymouser wrote:
And I noticed you limited supernatural God to naturally.
Supernatural god does not exist.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#694 Mar 30, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
There is naturally nothing impossible for God to do.
Be specific.Can your God make a rock that is absolutely unbreakable?And I have made it clear that it is neither impossible nor I am asking your God to create matter or rock out of nothing.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#695 Mar 30, 2014
jide oni wrote:
I have said and proved it that nothing has a beginning, and what has no beginning couldn't have been created.
But to insist that an uncreatable rock could have been created, is in itself a violation of simple rules of logic.
What doesn't exist couldn't have have existed; and what exists couldn't have not existed.
A breakable rock that couldn't be broken is unbreakable, and unbreakable rock that is broken is breakable.
what is, is; what is not, is not. if what is, is not, it isn't; if what is not, is, it is.
For instance, miracles are impossibilities; any performed miracle, is a possibility, hence it ceases from being a miracle.
An impossibility that is made possible, is a possible impossibility, hence a possibility, An impossible possibility is an unattempted possibility which seems impossible until it is made possible. Whereas, impossible possibility is naturally impossible, such as reversing a past action, eternal rock with a created beginning, making an impotence of an omnipotence, etc, etc.
You've proven nothing.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#696 Mar 30, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
There is naturally nothing impossible for God to do.
Except to exist. None of them, can do that. All gods fail equally, when it comes being able to exist.

Since: Jan 14

United States

#697 Mar 30, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Be specific.Can your God make a rock that is absolutely unbreakable?And I have made it clear that it is neither impossible nor I am asking your God to create matter or rock out of nothing.
Can you make such a rock? Is such a rock possible? If yes & yes, then yes.

Since: Jan 14

United States

#698 Mar 30, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You've proven nothing.
The proof has eluded you.

Since: Jan 14

United States

#699 Mar 30, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Except to exist. None of them, can do that. All gods fail equally, when it comes being able to exist.
Are you saying you are non-existent yourself?

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#700 Mar 30, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you make such a rock? Is such a rock possible? If yes & yes, then yes.
I am not omnipotent.There are zillion tasks that I can't do.So the answer to your first question is 'No'.Is such a rock possible?Yes it is...
Can your God make such a rock?

Since: Jan 14

Ashburn, VA

#701 Mar 31, 2014
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not omnipotent.There are zillion tasks that I can't do.So the answer to your first question is 'No'.Is such a rock possible?Yes it is...
Can your God make such a rock?
Yes, It can make such a rock, if such a rock is possible.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#702 Mar 31, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof has eluded you.
wrong there's no proof

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#703 Mar 31, 2014
jide oni wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, It can make such a rock, if such a rock is possible.
Then your God can't be omnipotent.As he wouldn't be able to break that rock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr DebraE 12,462
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr NoahLovesU 247,261
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 1 hr Shizle 18
Proof of God for the Atheist 4 hr Uncle Sam 99
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 6 hr Shizle 46
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 6 hr -Stray Dog 47,760
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 11 hr Reason Personified 14,712
More from around the web