Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,169

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#20972 Feb 9, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god committed genocide and right now there are people murdering in his name.
Please don't try to take the moral high ground. It's disgusting.
What is disturbing is that science has created Nuclear Weapons, Biological weapons, weapons that are solely designed to kill human beings, not in ones or twos but in the hundreds of thousands ! What else bothers me ? The fact that everything you eat has some chemical that is not naturally occurring and the long term effects on people are unknown ! Water has been treated with Fluoride a cancer causing agent ! radioactive substances have leeched out into the sea causing untold problems not only to human beings but to nature itself in the long term add to that a large dose of Mercury ! Our upper atmosphere has been used as a testing ground for Nuclear weapons, We have vast deposits of Nuclear waste we cannot safely store, H.A.R.P interfering in our weather patterns, The Halidron Collider Our attempt at recreating the universe with unknown repercussions and Medicines that cause worse problems than they attempt to cure, you cannot even trust the air that you breathe ! How many MILLIONS of Human Beings have died and are being slowly killed by Science in its quest for ultimate knowledge ? And How many Diseases has Science created ? Science is a tool for mankind it is not a GOD in its own right !
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#20973 Feb 9, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim repeatedly to have proof of god but when asked to show it you give up and instead claim you already posted it somewhere else?
In case you haven't worked it out yet: The people you are trying to convince (atheists) are by their very nature less gullable and succeptable to barefaced lies and stupidity.
I have and plenty of it ! but you have not posted one thing to prove that your theory that God need not or does not exist ! All you do is criticize and that is proof of nothing but arrogance !

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#20974 Feb 9, 2014
trandiode wrote:
The attack on religion and the devaluing of moral values help support and makes possible a future that excludes you me and your children's children !
You've been lied to.
trandiode wrote:
Atheism is a tool for the elite of this world
You've got that backwards, too. Organized religion serves entrenched power.
http://snipurl.com/rg7o0

These guys ought to know

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.”- Seneca the Younger

"How can you have order in a state without religion? For, when one man is dying of hunger near another who is ill of surfeit, he cannot resign himself to this difference unless there is an authority which declares 'God wills it thus.' Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Napoleon is just echoing the fears of those that exhort the faithful to be meek, to be glad of poverty, and to not only turn the other cheek to those injuring them, but to love them. They are to expect nothing in this life but hardship and injustice, and be glad of it, for these are tests of their faith as with Job, and their reward will come later.

The people that promote those values, which include the überwealthy, don't live by them. As Seneca and Napoleon note, they consider organized religion very useful to convince others to do so.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#20975 Feb 9, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> What is disturbing is that science has created Nuclear Weapons, Biological weapons, weapons that are solely designed to kill human beings, not in ones or twos but in the hundreds of thousands ! What else bothers me ? The fact that everything you eat has some chemical that is not naturally occurring and the long term effects on people are unknown ! Water has been treated with Fluoride a cancer causing agent ! radioactive substances have leeched out into the sea causing untold problems not only to human beings but to nature itself in the long term add to that a large dose of Mercury ! Our upper atmosphere has been used as a testing ground for Nuclear weapons, We have vast deposits of Nuclear waste we cannot safely store, H.A.R.P interfering in our weather patterns, The Halidron Collider Our attempt at recreating the universe with unknown repercussions and Medicines that cause worse problems than they attempt to cure, you cannot even trust the air that you breathe ! How many MILLIONS of Human Beings have died and are being slowly killed by Science in its quest for ultimate knowledge ? And How many Diseases has Science created ? Science is a tool for mankind it is not a GOD in its own right !
Christian antiscientism is one of the very many bad ideas injected into the culture by the church. All that scientists have done is generate factual information, not instructed us on its use. It's implementation is a function of politics and economics, and motivated by desire, fear, and ancient hatreds -much of it a legacy of religion. If somebody deliberately nukes somebody else in the coming generation, it will most likely be Muslim terrorists or the Israeli government.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#20976 Feb 9, 2014
trandiode wrote:
you have not posted one thing to prove that your theory that God need not or does not exist !
What use would such proof to either of us? The skeptic already disregards faith based claims without it, and faith based thinkers aren't affected by evidence or proof.

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" - Sam Harris
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20977 Feb 9, 2014
Luz wrote:
you live in American USA, enjoy the privileges granted, good food, easy women, money, access to anywhere but because of your upbringing you COMPLAIN. I see you deny and yet demand the FREEDOM you can enjoy away from your superiors, not from GOD.

LOVE is around, Christian love is why you're treated decently. Those are Christian values. You don't see women being subjected to male whims. Equality is a Christian Value.

You don't find Jesus Christ abusing women. Mary, His Mother, is a good example of female Values. MUQ doesn't consider female equality

Treating women as equals is a Christian value and then, there is LOVE. We truly BELIEVE this for in America that's how girls, boys grow up.

Homosexuality is love, maybe the wrong type of love but Christian LOVE counts, even there. Probably you don't agree for you might be a Homosexual, yourself, afraid to admit it. LOVE, love will keep us together.'Article of Faith? Study Catholicism, Methodism and other Christian religions in the USA and you find Love for ALL humanity. Equality, Democracy, those are Christian Values.
Ans.

Just lapping it up, all of it, wont you.

Love is a Christian value, Treating women as Equals is a Christian value.

Freedom of thought and expression is a Christian value.

Democracy is a Christian value.

All these scientific discoveries are a Christian value…

That is the flip side…why not look at the other side too.

The growing Atheism is also a Christian value?

This Gay movement is also a Christian value?

This free sex and living together without getting married, is this also a Christian value?

Looting other nations and exploiting their wealth, is that also a Christian value?

Every one loves to pick all good things and leave bad things.

When all these are Christian values, what was missing in those dark centuries, what values those Christians were following?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20978 Feb 9, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim repeatedly to have proof of god but when asked to show it you give up and instead claim you already posted it somewhere else?
In case you haven't worked it out yet: The people you are trying to convince (atheists) are by their very nature less gullable and succeptable to barefaced lies and stupidity.
Can there be anyone more gullible and barefaced and stupid than a "TRUE ATHEIST"?

Atheism is allowed only if someone rejects the "prevailing MODELS of God, that many of the existing religions present".

i.e. God having special relations with a particular tribe, God begetting Sons and God being a sort of Trinity....and God taking human form and visiting and living amongst humans and all those imaginary idols and figures and statues which so many religions have done...

If some one rejects all these and says I do not believe in all these gods....such type of "Athiest " is welcome, because his curiosity and questions are not answered by these gods...

But if some Atheist says that there is no creator of this Universe, and it just came by itself, and there is no purpose of human life and nothing happens when some one dies....

Such type of Atheists have gone too far and became very illogical, unreasonable and stupid.

Because along with all these defective models of god which these religions have mutilated, there is also Islamic concept of God, The Creator, the Sustainer, the Cherisher, The All Powerful, All Mighty, Wise, Knowledgeable and Merciful God, besides whom there is no other god ...

And He created humans and send them on earth for a fixed period to test them and when they die, it is not the end of matter, but they have to give account of their deeds and action to their Creator on Last Day.

If some atheist rejects this and continues in his argument that "there is no God, there is No Creator, there is no purpose for human life, except to eat, drink and have sex and enjoy life...." then he is most unreasonable and illogical person on this earth.

I do not know, what type of Atheist we have on this thread?

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#20979 Feb 9, 2014
'what kind of atheists we have" same like all people who, since they KNOW nothing, won't admit the TRUTH. History has always been recorded, way of thinking has always looked for the best answer as to why there IS GOD. Atheism does not belong to sensible thinking, reasoning individuals. It involves no thinking at all. History has recorded atrocities done to humanity, since we lack answer we take the short cut: let's blame God for anything we don't like nor agree. The Chosen People have become all of us, the Christians. Democratic thinking has taken time to evolve. Human behavior is becoming more like God. We realize there's only One, the Trinity. Go ahead and laugh your head off but that's how it is, ONE in Three Persons, Blessed Trinity.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20980 Feb 9, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
'what kind of atheists we have" same like all people who, since they KNOW nothing, won't admit the TRUTH. History has always been recorded, way of thinking has always looked for the best answer as to why there IS GOD. Atheism does not belong to sensible thinking, reasoning individuals. It involves no thinking at all. History has recorded atrocities done to humanity, since we lack answer we take the short cut: let's blame God for anything we don't like nor agree. The Chosen People have become all of us, the Christians. Democratic thinking has taken time to evolve. Human behavior is becoming more like God. We realize there's only One, the Trinity. Go ahead and laugh your head off but that's how it is, ONE in Three Persons, Blessed Trinity.
I think it is the BLESSED TRINITY, that has contributed much towards this Atheist movement, a concept which cannot be explained, which is unable to understand and which is not supported at all by scripture.

This and God Begetting a Son, are some of the "mistakes" in the Models of God which Christianity has proposed.

In Dark centuries, the Church defended these articles of faith by persecuting people who questioned about these dogmas, for many centuries the persecution continued till people revolted against it and took all powers from Church and gave it to democratically elected Govt.

Now in Christian countries, the religion is a private affair and has no role in day to day life of people there.

When the link with religion was broken, there was no place for morality....that is when we saw, rules of sexual morality being diluted and we saw adultery, free sex and gay sex and all such forms of sexual immorality being the "rights" of people.

All these are links of the same chain, once you force people to believe in something which is against reason, logic and not supported by scripture, you are playing with fire.

And since people rebelled against the power of Church, they rejected the very concept of religion and thought all religions are same as Christianity.

Islam is the only religion which corrects the mistakes of Christianity and the concept of God. It provides the most logical and reasonable and pure version of Monotheism found anywhere in the world.

But since because of historical reasons and because of Media propaganda, people in European countries are biased against Islam and very few study it and try to understand its teachings.

Now coming back to the point, the spread of Atheism in mainly Christian countries is because of their BLESSED TRINITY!!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20981 Feb 10, 2014
PS:

And the concept of every human born inheriting the sin of Adam and Eve and then Jesus dieing and taking sins of all humans....is another very illogical and very unreasonable idea.

These dogmas of Church (None of them proved by words and action of Jesus, Peace be on him) is the main reason why Atheism is spreading like wild fire in almost every Western Christian countries.

And the Church and Christian Scholars have given up all hope to fight back with reason and logic and at least have exemplary moral values to present themselves as role model what an Ideal Christian should be.

Most of them are involved in cases of moral corruptions and amassing wealth and power and pomp and show.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#20982 Feb 10, 2014
MUQ wrote:
PS:
And the concept of every human born inheriting the sin of Adam and Eve and then Jesus dieing and taking sins of all humans....is another very illogical and very unreasonable idea.
These dogmas of Church (None of them proved by words and action of Jesus, Peace be on him) is the main reason why Atheism is spreading like wild fire in almost every Western Christian countries.
And the Church and Christian Scholars have given up all hope to fight back with reason and logic and at least have exemplary moral values to present themselves as role model what an Ideal Christian should be.
Most of them are involved in cases of moral corruptions and amassing wealth and power and pomp and show.
Does Islam has an answer to the question that how Adam's sons begot their children?

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#20984 Feb 10, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can there be anyone more gullible and barefaced and stupid than a "TRUE ATHEIST"?
Atheism is allowed only if someone rejects the "prevailing MODELS of God, that many of the existing religions present".
i.e. God having special relations with a particular tribe, God begetting Sons and God being a sort of Trinity....and God taking human form and visiting and living amongst humans and all those imaginary idols and figures and statues which so many religions have done...
If some one rejects all these and says I do not believe in all these gods....such type of "Athiest " is welcome, because his curiosity and questions are not answered by these gods...
Strange how you think all religions are wrong except your own.
MUQ wrote:
But if some Atheist says that there is no creator of this Universe, and it just came by itself, and there is no purpose of human life and nothing happens when some one dies....
Such type of Atheists have gone too far and became very illogical, unreasonable and stupid.
Because along with all these defective models of god which these religions have mutilated, there is also Islamic concept of God, The Creator, the Sustainer, the Cherisher, The All Powerful, All Mighty, Wise, Knowledgeable and Merciful God, besides whom there is no other god ...
And He created humans and send them on earth for a fixed period to test them and when they die, it is not the end of matter, but they have to give account of their deeds and action to their Creator on Last Day.
You can't actually know any of that is true.
It's just pure belief on your part.
MUQ wrote:
If some atheist rejects this and continues in his argument that "there is no God, there is No Creator, there is no purpose for human life, except to eat, drink and have sex and enjoy life...." then he is most unreasonable and illogical person on this earth.
I do not know, what type of Atheist we have on this thread?
“There is no God”.
If an incredibly powerful and intelligent entity can just exist without cause then so can the universe.
A God is a something and yes he does need to be explained.

“There is no purpose for human life”.
There is no reason why there should be any other purpose than those we make for ourselves. It's pure wishful thinking to believe there has to be any purpose.

So just what do you think our purpose actually is? I've yet to hear of any from a theist that made sense.

“ except to eat, drink and have sex and enjoy life”.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#20985 Feb 10, 2014
MUQ wrote:
But if some Atheist says that there is no creator of this Universe, and it just came by itself, and there is no purpose of human life and nothing happens when some one dies....
My life has purpose, meaning, and moral grounding without gods.

I would say that if your life only has purpose if there is a god, then it has no purpose at all to you either way, and very little to the god. Your god's only use for you is to praise its greatness forever, which makes your life meaningless.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#20986 Feb 10, 2014
MUQ wrote:
Can there be anyone more gullible and barefaced and stupid than a "TRUE ATHEIST"?
You're the one who was told that his life was meaningless without a god and believed it. You let them take too much from you.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#20987 Feb 10, 2014
mark
rio

Beckenham, UK

#20988 Feb 10, 2014
Clint wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism is the only hope humanity has to survive and flourish.
Absolutely !!!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#20989 Feb 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> What is disturbing is that science has created Nuclear Weapons, Biological weapons, weapons that are solely designed to kill human beings, not in ones or twos but in the hundreds of thousands ! What else bothers me ? The fact that everything you eat has some chemical that is not naturally occurring and the long term effects on people are unknown ! Water has been treated with Fluoride a cancer causing agent ! radioactive substances have leeched out into the sea causing untold problems not only to human beings but to nature itself in the long term add to that a large dose of Mercury ! Our upper atmosphere has been used as a testing ground for Nuclear weapons, We have vast deposits of Nuclear waste we cannot safely store, H.A.R.P interfering in our weather patterns, The Halidron Collider Our attempt at recreating the universe with unknown repercussions and Medicines that cause worse problems than they attempt to cure, you cannot even trust the air that you breathe ! How many MILLIONS of Human Beings have died and are being slowly killed by Science in its quest for ultimate knowledge ? And How many Diseases has Science created ? Science is a tool for mankind it is not a GOD in its own right !
How many diseases has science created?

None.

How many do you believe god created?

As for radiation and weather etc, you seem to be implying that they have nothing to do with god. A much more sane stance than you normally take but I'm pretty sure it won't last.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#20990 Feb 10, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> I have and plenty of it ! but you have not posted one thing to prove that your theory that God need not or does not exist ! All you do is criticize and that is proof of nothing but arrogance !
You say god created the universe.

That means he can't be part of it.

Proof god does not exist.

Of course your willful ignoirance will cause you to deny this, just like you have denied the numerous other times it has been posted.
Cold as He ll

Mosjøen, Norway

#20991 Feb 10, 2014
i can read

Just give us 50 years and you could celebrate with your sosialism....a perfect world ehhh, equal to all
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#20992 Feb 10, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
You say god created the universe.
That means he can't be part of it.
Proof god does not exist.
Of course your willful ignoirance will cause you to deny this, just like you have denied the numerous other times it has been posted.
If that's your proof that God does not exist it is so pathetic it is Laughable !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min KiMare 232,696
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Richardfs 2,183
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr _Bad Company 1,437
God' existence 7 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 7 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 8 hr Geezerjock 1
Australia: black magic pervert retard 9 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 11 hr ChristineM 366
More from around the web