Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23770 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#20921 Feb 8, 2014
MUQ wrote:
If they want to challenge Islam, they should study it and attack its principles.
Unbelievers have no interest in theology. Why would those principles be of any interest to somebody like me, for example?

I challenge Islam based on its fruits.
MUQ wrote:
Instead of doing that, they just want to demonize the prophet of Islam and try to present him as a devil in human form.
I have no interest in that, either. I'm satisfied to show that he was a man worth ignoring.
MUQ wrote:
Such type of deception does not work in serious debates, because the life history of our prophet is like an open book, none of it is hidden.
What debate? You make unfounded claims, and we reject them for lack of foundation.

Fennario

#20922 Feb 8, 2014
MUQ wrote:
Islam is the only religion in the world, which can stand in view of modern scientific advances, And Islam is always on the side of morality, all its teachings are based on morality, truth, justice and equity.
We judge such things for ourselves. The historical record speaks for itself. Your religion is indistinguishable from Christianity apart from being about a half millennium younger and less evolved. Islam is where the Christians were in the Middle Ages and Jews in antiquity - the tribal warring stage. As a group, the Muslim understanding of science appears minimal judging by the paucity of Muslim nobelists and the lack of Muslim scientific innovation. And Muslim morals appear to acceptable only where they coincide with humanist ethics, as with the live and let live Muslims that I have known.
MUQ wrote:
It has dealt with followers of other religion in a much better way that followers of other religions have done with Muslims of people of other faith.
I can't agree or disagree, nor is it important which religion is nicest to the other religions. None of you have treated humanists as well as humanists treat theists. We try to do unto you as we would have done unto us. I don't get that from either Christianity or Islam. Each want to impose its values on my life.

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.”- Robert A. Heinlein
MUQ wrote:
Atheism in my view was a reaction against the unreasonable dogma of Christianity like Jesus being God and Son of God and the concept of Trinity. These two have been the major things that aided this Atheism and it is in Western countries that this atheism is mostly based.
No, atheism is not a rejection of Christianity. It is the embracing of rational skepticism, and the logical result of its application to matters of the supernatural. We reject all forms of supernaturalism.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#20923 Feb 8, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If they want to challenge Islam, they should study it and attack its principles.
Instead of doing that, they just want to demonize the prophet of Islam and try to present him as a devil in human form.
Such type of deception does not work in serious debates, because the life history of our prophet is like an open book, none of it is hidden.
I doubt if there is any one else in the world, past or present, about whom we know as much in detail as about our prophet, peace be on him.
Islam is the only religion in the world, which can stand in view of modern scientific advances,
And Islam is always on the side of morality, all its teachings are based on morality, truth, justice and equity.
It has dealt with followers of other religion in a much better way that followers of other religions have done with Muslims of people of other faith.
That is why, these people are not able to defeat Muslims in reasonable and logical debates and discussions.
That is why they have chosen this easier path to just speak in slangs and hate words ...
Atheism in my view was a reaction against the unreasonable dogma of Christianity like Jesus being God and Son of God and the concept of Trinity.
These two have been the major things that aided this Atheism and it is in Western countries that this atheism is mostly based.
Who told you these were the main reasons of rise of Atheism in West?Was Jesus son of God or not is the least thing we bother about as it is a matter of discussion between Christians and Muslims.
Atheism is absence of belief in God.Whether it is trinity or single God like yours,it doesn't matter since we don't believe in the idea of God itself.
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#20924 Feb 8, 2014
KwaZulu wrote:
Right on guys!
Just remember, there is only one true and faithful religion!
CHRISTIANITY!
Funny every religion say the same thing!

What makes you so special?
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#20925 Feb 8, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Or just look at its actions:-

murder, rape and abuse of little girls

I mean it takes a real man to bully little girls.
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#20926 Feb 8, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
<quoted text>TheHolyScriptures, unexplainable miracles, walking on water, water to wine. The beauty of LIFE and our environment cannot have been made by any simple means. Science. Human reality needs, has, and honors ONE GOD. HE IS, no need for proof.
Wrong , you are the one making the claim, it is up to you to show you are right.
Spider

Ely, UK

#20927 Feb 8, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
the 'blame game strategy' which is as old as Adam and Eve
Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20928 Feb 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Proof does exist, its whether you want to acknowledge it that matters !
Show the verifiable, quantifiable proof that any god ever existed. You'll be the first.

We'll wait.

Location hidden

#20929 Feb 8, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
<quoted text>you just don't get it. No need to 'prove' God. I'm sorry you don't live LIVE the Existence of God. No 'need' on my part to 'prove' to you about the REALITY WHO IS GOD, it's in me and millions billions trillions of human beings. Atheist have the same question in proving a NONE- Existent non-god. Proving God, King of the Universe and universes is so much easy. Only ONE God reigns, yesterday, today, tomorrow and even when there is no TIME. That is the Truth.
Prove that only one god exists.
Prove THAT god is the one you're actually worshipping.
Prove that all the thousands of other gods that were ever worshipped DON'T exist.

We'll wait.

(I'm kidding, we won't wait - we know you'll just say 'but…but…but god exists! we don't have to prove it! trust us!)

LOL
rio

Beckenham, UK

#20930 Feb 8, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
OK
I'm finding it difficult to justify spending any more time or energy on this thread. There seems to little interest in discussing anything interesting.
And yet 4 days later you are still arguing on this forum !!!

Fennario

#20931 Feb 8, 2014
I'm finding it difficult to justify spending any more time or energy on this thread. There seems to little interest in discussing anything interesting.
rio wrote:
And yet 4 days later you are still arguing on this forum !!!
I found reasons again - the same ones I had when I entered the thread. I prefer discussions about religious, philosophical, historical, political, social or scientific matters.Your divorces and Luz's word salad just weren't satisfying.

Are you still demanding respect for religious thought?
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#20932 Feb 8, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I found reasons again - the same ones I had when I entered the thread. I prefer discussions about religious, philosophical, historical, political, social or scientific matters.Your divorces and Luz's word salad just weren't satisfying.
Religious thought isn't that an oxymoron?

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#20933 Feb 8, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt if there is any one else in the world, past or present, about whom we know as much in detail as about our prophet, peace be on him.
Islam is the only religion in the world, which can stand in view of modern scientific advances,
And Islam is always on the side of morality, all its teachings are based on morality, truth, justice and equity.
That is why, these people are not able to defeat Muslims in reasonable and logical debates and discussions.
That is why they have chosen this easier path to just speak in slangs and hate words ...
Atheism in my view was a reaction against the unreasonable dogma of Christianity like Jesus being God and Son of God and the concept of Trinity.
These two have been the major things that aided this Atheism and it is in Western countries that this atheism is mostly based.
The sun does not set in a muddy spring.
http://quran.com/18/86

Fennario

#20934 Feb 8, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
Religious thought isn't that an oxymoron?
I'm anxious to see his answer if any. He said, "I also BELIEVE that any criticism of religion is based on intolerance." This week, Pat Robertson criticized Ken Ham's religious ideas. Here's the video if you haven't seen it yet:

I was curious if he considered that intolerance.
Somebody with a brain

UK

#20935 Feb 8, 2014
I think you secularism rather than atheism. Atheism is a rejection of the belief in gods and deities. Not all religions believe in deities and gods such as Buddhism and sub sets of Hinduism.

So the opposite of religious is non-religious - SECULARISM!

As to which will win out by 2038? Who gives a shit, find your own path to the truth.
Spider

Mildenhall, UK

#20936 Feb 8, 2014
Somebody with a brain wrote:
I think you secularism rather than atheism. Atheism is a rejection of the belief in gods and deities. Not all religions believe in deities and gods such as Buddhism and sub sets of Hinduism.
So the opposite of religious is non-religious - SECULARISM!
As to which will win out by 2038? Who gives a shit, find your own path to the truth.
Religion sticks its nose in politics,,, from the cradle to the grave,,, so yes, I do give a shit.
KwaZulu

Europe

#20937 Feb 8, 2014
"All religions say the same thing"!
What a farse thing to say!
That's deceiving, eh!
There will always be one true faithful religion, christianity!
PERIOD!

Location hidden

#20938 Feb 8, 2014
KwaZulu wrote:
"All religions say the same thing"!
What a farse thing to say!
That's deceiving, eh!
There will always be one true faithful religion, christianity!
PERIOD!
Prove it.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20939 Feb 8, 2014
Again look at the "level" of their attacks on Quran and Islam.

It is what I said, they are more happy to make a "tangent attack" on Islam.

That is their worth and they are capable of doing only that.
rio

Beckenham, UK

#20940 Feb 8, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Of course I do.
If atheists wan to be tolerated, they must learn to tolerate non-atheists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min Knowledge- 11,230
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 25 min Richardfs 9,564
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 39 min Patrick 50,917
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 40 min Uncle Sam 337
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Richard 29,398
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Patrick 254,884
Atheism is not a belief 5 hr Scout 185
More from around the web