Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24099 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#20901 Feb 7, 2014
Wrong imagination! IMAGINE, In the present sense, MAKING the TRUTH work for you. If God IS IMAGINED, even then, GOD IS GOD and HE LIVES. Don't be so quick to deny THE TRUTH.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#20902 Feb 7, 2014
rio wrote:
What is the achievement in being atheist?
Really? I think that my answer would offend you.

Hatch, NM

#20903 Feb 7, 2014
Wrong!'IMAGINE' is child-like human behavior. The TRUTH lives in us. We follow the clean, innocent behavior described, it is PERFECTION. Only God claims PERFECTION, we try and fail. God fails not. That's how it is

Fennario

#20904 Feb 7, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
GOD IS PERFECTION. It needs no proof. Perfection is what we try to achieve but always fall short. God never falls short.

IMAGINE THAT!
I like Lennon's vision better.

Fennario

#20905 Feb 7, 2014
trandiode wrote:
It is acceptable for someone to believe in a God and yet may have not found a religion to base their belief on ! Do not be so critical of them ! All religions are touched by the hand of God ! The problem is All religions have also been touched. altered and blemished in the hands of man ! It is for each individual who believes in a God to find their own path ! For all paths lead to the same kingdom ! It is their souls journey which will light the way !
Many of us have no respect for faith or organized religion. Here you are suggesting that we should, Why?
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#20906 Feb 7, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of us have no respect for faith or organized religion. Here you are suggesting that we should, Why?
If you believe in a God but you are unable to find a religion that you feel is correct, Then that does not wipe out the fact that God exists ! All Religions are flawed because man has over a long period of time has interfered and corrupted them to some extent ! So If you cannot find a religion that you can wholeheartedly agree with then that is understandable ! I am not saying that you have to follow one religion or the other ! The belief in God is enough together with your actions and deeds what more can God ask of you !:)
Myself, I do follow a Religion that I feel comes as close to what I believe as Humanly possible, But it is Flawed and of that I do acknowledge and accept, I try my best to separate the "Tares amongst The Wheat " ! Your path does not have to be my path nor yours mine :)
KwaZulu

Europe

#20907 Feb 7, 2014
Right on guys!
Just remember, there is only one true and faithful religion!
CHRISTIANITY!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20908 Feb 7, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
Wrong imagination! IMAGINE, In the present sense, MAKING the TRUTH work for you. If God IS IMAGINED, even then, GOD IS GOD and HE LIVES. Don't be so quick to deny THE TRUTH.
The truth is there is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever existed.

You're right, that truth should never be denied.

Hatch, NM

#20909 Feb 7, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is there is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever existed.
You're right, that truth should never be denied.
TheHolyScriptures, unexplainable miracles, walking on water, water to wine. The beauty of LIFE and our environment cannot have been made by any simple means. Science. Human reality needs, has, and honors ONE GOD. HE IS, no need for proof.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20910 Feb 7, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
<quoted text>TheHolyScriptures, unexplainable miracles, walking on water, water to wine. The beauty of LIFE and our environment cannot have been made by any simple means. Science. Human reality needs, has, and honors ONE GOD. HE IS, no need for proof.
Thank you for admitting that you cannot prove that any god ever existed.

Next?
trandiode

#20911 Feb 7, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Next?
Proof does exist, its whether you want to acknowledge it that matters !

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#20912 Feb 7, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
I'm always fascinated by the way theists randomly capitalize words as if it makes what they say somehow better or more important.

It comes across as the ravings of a lunatic.

Hatch, NM

#20913 Feb 7, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Next?
you just don't get it. No need to 'prove' God. I'm sorry you don't live LIVE the Existence of God. No 'need' on my part to 'prove' to you about the REALITY WHO IS GOD, it's in me and millions billions trillions of human beings. Atheist have the same question in proving a NONE- Existent non-god. Proving God, King of the Universe and universes is so much easy. Only ONE God reigns, yesterday, today, tomorrow and even when there is no TIME. That is the Truth.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#20914 Feb 7, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
<quoted text>you just don't get it. No need to 'prove' God. I'm sorry you don't live LIVE the Existence of God. No 'need' on my part to 'prove' to you about the REALITY WHO IS GOD, it's in me and millions billions trillions of human beings. Atheist have the same question in proving a NONE- Existent non-god. Proving God, King of the Universe and universes is so much easy. Only ONE God reigns, yesterday, today, tomorrow and even when there is no TIME. That is the Truth.
M'kay, puddin.
trandiode

#20915 Feb 7, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
<quoted text>you just don't get it. No need to 'prove' God. I'm sorry you don't live LIVE the Existence of God. No 'need' on my part to 'prove' to you about the REALITY WHO IS GOD, it's in me and millions billions trillions of human beings. Atheist have the same question in proving a NONE- Existent non-god. Proving God, King of the Universe and universes is so much easy. Only ONE God reigns, yesterday, today, tomorrow and even when there is no TIME. That is the Truth.
I agree with you LuzAranda, Its far easier to prove a God than a nothingness ! I really wish they would show me some proof or even some reasoning on why there should exist a state of absolutely nothingness ! I think its a scientific escape route from an answer science already knows, but are so reluctant to admit !
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20916 Feb 8, 2014
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
You may well be right.
Islam is seen as a threat by many, a challenge they don't know how to tackle.
They are not successful abroad and powerless at home.
The influx of Muslims in the West has nothing if exacerbated the danger.
Atheists are catching on that, mixing resistance to Muslim migrants with their struggle towards a godless world.
If they want to challenge Islam, they should study it and attack its principles.

Instead of doing that, they just want to demonize the prophet of Islam and try to present him as a devil in human form.

Such type of deception does not work in serious debates, because the life history of our prophet is like an open book, none of it is hidden.

I doubt if there is any one else in the world, past or present, about whom we know as much in detail as about our prophet, peace be on him.

Islam is the only religion in the world, which can stand in view of modern scientific advances,

And Islam is always on the side of morality, all its teachings are based on morality, truth, justice and equity.

It has dealt with followers of other religion in a much better way that followers of other religions have done with Muslims of people of other faith.

That is why, these people are not able to defeat Muslims in reasonable and logical debates and discussions.

That is why they have chosen this easier path to just speak in slangs and hate words ...

Atheism in my view was a reaction against the unreasonable dogma of Christianity like Jesus being God and Son of God and the concept of Trinity.

These two have been the major things that aided this Atheism and it is in Western countries that this atheism is mostly based.

Hatch, NM

#20917 Feb 8, 2014
Muq: why female atrocities? Islamic?

Fennario

#20918 Feb 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
All Religions are flawed because man has over a long period of time has interfered and corrupted them to some extent
They were all flawed from the start. The flaw is the supernaturalism and reliance on faith.
trandiode wrote:
So If you cannot find a religion that you can wholeheartedly agree with then that is understandable
I can't embrace faith based or magical thinking in any form, which rules out not just religion, but other systems of supernaturalism such as astrology and divination, or any other system unsupported by reason and evidence such as homeopathy. Historically, they have all been sterile.
trandiode wrote:
The belief in God is enough together with your actions and deeds what more can God ask of you
No gods have ever asked anything of me, including worship them, pray to them, believe they exist, or acknowledge them in any other way. Only other people like you ask me to do that. If they don't care, why would you?
trandiode wrote:
Your path does not have to be my path nor yours mine
Thanks. I've been living life without faith for about 35 years now, and I find it quite fulfilling - much more so than my religious years had been. I have no reason to change that.

My interest in the subject is principally limited to attempting to neutralize the effect that organized religion has on the lives of unbelievers. I hope that you would agree that that is fair, and a legitimate concern.

Fennario

#20919 Feb 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Proof does exist, its whether you want to acknowledge it that matters
It's not proof if it cannot convince minds that are willing and able to be convinced. I will give any cogent argument and evidence you can provide a fair and open minded look.

The fact that faith based thinkers are convinced doesn't influence my thinking at all except to reveal to me that there is apparently no other way to accept the idea that gods exist.

You said that acknowledging that proof of gods exists matters. Why? Proof of black holes exists, but my acknowledging it doesn't matter. How would this be different even if gods did exist?

Fennario

#20920 Feb 8, 2014
trandiode wrote:
I agree with you LuzAranda, Its far easier to prove a God than a nothingness ! I really wish they would show me some proof or even some reasoning on why there should exist a state of absolutely nothingness
Look around you: somethingness, not nothingness. Nothingness is not our argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min Tired of YOU 43,071
There is no meaning without God (Jul '15) 16 min Eagle 12 45
News Why I quit atheism 20 min Eagle 12 664
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 43 min Patrick 53
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 56 min Patrick 18,431
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 21,107
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 791
A Universe from Nothing? 2 hr Eagle 12 417
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr Eagle 12 5,662
More from around the web