Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Read more: Psychology Today 23,567

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Read more
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20799 Feb 4, 2014
CrimeaRiver wrote:
nobody has seen God. Believers trust their faith and their faith tells them that God exists. Some believers say they feel the presence of God and can hear him.
So why then do we incarcerate people who hear voices? why do we section them under the mental health act and render them 'at odds' with wider society.
George Bush once said that God's voice told him to attack Iraq.
Those who believe they can hear God are exactly the same as those bi-polar/schizophrenic patients and should be sectioned immediately.
Anyone who hears voices or feels a presence that tells them how to behave is a danger to society
If one sees all these Creations of God ans still does not recognize Him, why would he believe in God is he or she sees him face to face?

And why should God be eager to show His face to these ungrateful creatures of His?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#20800 Feb 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Can you give me an idea from one of the "prophets" that you think that I don't already know but ought to, and if not common knowledge, explain why it would be valuable to me?
MUQ wrote:
When you are quoting from one side of our prophet' life, you should hear to the other side also. That is honorable and reasonable in any discussion. It matters to you or not, is your own choice. If you prefer smell of raw sewer and smell of rose is offensive to you, it is problem with your nose!! Try to smell roses more often!!
That's what I thought.

As for hearing the other side, that is exactly what I did. I asked you to enlighten me with one useful scripture, and the above was your reply. What would you like me to conclude from that?

Fennario

#20801 Feb 4, 2014
MUQ wrote:
If one sees all these Creations of God ans still does not recognize Him, why would he believe in God is he or she sees him face to face? And why should God be eager to show His face to these ungrateful creatures of His?
The world is only evidence for the world, not for an intelligent creator, and certainly no more evidence for any one god over another.

And look at the petty god you have described, which seems so easily offended, and so quick to anger. Aren't snits beneath the dignity of a god?

Have you read about the scandal embroiling the governor of New Jersey (US), whose pride was wounded, and who exacted revenge by tying up traffic over a bridge?

"Chris Christie facing uncertain political future after 'Bridgegate' scandal - New Jersey's governor faces challenges on several fronts flowing from revelations that his top aides engaged in an act of political revenge that snarled traffic for thousands"
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/09/...

This is the kind of thing you describe your god as doing. Decent people don't do these things, and decent people don't respect those that do. It is demeaning to worship such a creature.
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#20802 Feb 4, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
You're vainly chatchating, thought doesn't exist without brain activity, there is no thought without brain physico-chemical reaction,
and no brain physico-chemical reaction, you're dead
It is the physical bodies reaction to thought that causes the reaction ! But, can thought exist outside the physical body ? That is the real Question :)

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#20803 Feb 4, 2014
YES look at modern art.
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#20804 Feb 4, 2014
To be an Atheist denies you half your existence ! It deprives you of a meaning to Life and a meaning for your own and all of Existence ! Existence becomes a strange idea of a nothing ! No purpose no meaning ! No reason to be ! There is but one problem to your theory of nothing, We EXIST and so does the entire Universe and we also THINK !
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#20805 Feb 4, 2014
If the universe was an accident and everything in it came by way of accidents, then how can you have proven scientific Laws that you can rely upon time and time again ? Science believes that everything works by Laws both Physical and Mathematical ! If so,Then how can you justify using the term using "Accident" ! its a huge Contradiction !!! don't you think ?
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#20806 Feb 4, 2014
You have to concede there is a possibility of a Divine Planner to believe in the Laws established by Science ! There is no chaos there is order ! To have order there has to be intelligence in design ! Where does that intelligence come from ?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20807 Feb 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
You have to concede there is a possibility of a Divine Planner to believe in the Laws established by Science ! There is no chaos there is order ! To have order there has to be intelligence in design ! Where does that intelligence come from ?
That is why I say that Atheists are the most unreasonable and most illogical persons on the face of earth.

If they were actually blinds, at least there was some excuse for them, but having eyes and seeing the world around us and still believing that they come out by themselves, means that he does not have eyes.
CrimeaRiver

Wandsworth, UK

#20811 Feb 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
If the universe was an accident and everything in it came by way of accidents, then how can you have proven scientific Laws that you can rely upon time and time again ? Science believes that everything works by Laws both Physical and Mathematical ! If so,Then how can you justify using the term using "Accident" ! its a huge Contradiction !!! don't you think ?
You are half right. But Scientists are trying to recreated the conditions that existed in the run-up to the Big Bang. By doing this they would be confirming that the laws of Science did play a role in the creation of the Universe.

But the term 'Accident' is a bigger concern for believers who claim that every action is part of a pre-determined plan. So a child who falls from a balcony and dies did so because God wished it to happen. Therefore it is not an accident. It is Murder!
CrimeaRiver

Wandsworth, UK

#20812 Feb 5, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why I say that Atheists are the most unreasonable and most illogical persons on the face of earth.
If they were actually blinds, at least there was some excuse for them, but having eyes and seeing the world around us and still believing that they come out by themselves, means that he does not have eyes.
lol - what is more illogical than beleiving, worshipping and living in fear of a God that:

- nobody has seen
- nobody has spoken to
- only exists in 3000 year old texts written when men were illiterate and uneducated
- apparently has 3 names; God, Jehovah and Allah but can't decide which one to use

there are so many illogical thought processes that have to occur for rational men to believe in such an obvious fabrication.

If only you could see that world as clearly as those who are not shackled to the idea of a vengeful God

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#20813 Feb 5, 2014
MUQ wrote:
When I see a tsunami killing 280000 muslims, men women and kids, in Sumatra, I can't believe that a great misericordious god can exist, and that God or Allah believers are very logic.
Same when in Italy, after a first seism part of the population took refuge in the village church, second seism destroyed only the church killing all who sheltered into it.
Believers are sure very logical.
While I was a woodwork designer, each time I was ordered to draw a baby coffin, I wondered who's that god believers do pray at.
rio

Beckenham, UK

#20814 Feb 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You must have let a lot of people down.
<quoted text>
No, I just don't believe in half measures.
When things have run their course, it's better to move on ...

Charlie's

#20815 Feb 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Scientists say that Earth-Moon system was born by a collision of Proto-Earth with a smaller planet, that this accident blew up in space most of the Proto-Earth atmosphere.
If ever it wouldn't have been so, then the Earth atmosphere would have been so thick that atmospherical conditions would have been quite close as that of Venus forbidding any life to emerge. Now life on Earth may have been accidental, and that doesn't make a case for intelligent design..

Charlie's

#20816 Feb 5, 2014
CrimeaRiver wrote:
God (...)- apparently has 3 names; God, Jehovah and Allah but can't decide which one to use(...)
Muslims say that their God has 100 names and that saying them all insures paradise

Charlie's

#20818 Feb 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
To be an Atheist denies you half your existence ! It deprives you of a meaning to Life and a meaning for your own and all of Existence ! Existence becomes a strange idea of a nothing ! No purpose no meaning ! No reason to be ! There is but one problem to your theory of nothing, We EXIST and so does the entire Universe and we also THINK !
The atheists aren't to be told the meaning of their existence, they must find or make it by themselves, if there is any, other than by their parents' will or sexual pleasure.
That seems to disturb you a lot to see peoples choosing by themselves their own way, their own explanation of why and how things are, without fear of a great manipulator or death.
And mainly without trust of what is screaming a trandiode in topix

Charlie's

#20819 Feb 5, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
Muslims say that their God has 100 names and that saying them all insures paradise
I find quite funny to have negative judgements when I just state facts.

Fennario

#20821 Feb 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
To be an Atheist denies you half your existence ! It deprives you of a meaning to Life and a meaning for your own and all of Existence !
Your faith-based worldview and sense of your place in it seem to have robbed your life of meaning. I would suggest that if meaning in your life depends on their being a god, then it has none even if that god exists.

I suppose you see your purpose as you understand your god does - to come to heaven and praise it for eternity. Existing to worship a deity may be that god's purpose for you, but if you assent to that, then I'd say that your life has little meaning to it and none at all to you.
trandiode wrote:
No purpose no meaning ! No reason to be !
Too bad that you have been made to feel that way. You're ignoring your only authentic purpose.

Fennario

#20822 Feb 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
If the universe was an accident and everything in it came by way of accidents, then how can you have proven scientific Laws that you can rely upon time and time again ?
How could you not? With no god tinkering with the laws of nature, they ought to be regular.

Incidentally, accident isn't the right word. Unplanned and undesigned are. It's not an accident that giant nebula condense to form suns and solar systems of orbiting worlds. It happens that way every time because gravity always attracts.

And it appears likely that life and mind form according to similar laws wherever they can for similar reasons.

Sure, it's surprising that such things happen and that we are here to see and discuss it, but it's less surprising that such things can exist than that a god can exist.

Do you call your god an accident, or are such judgments reserved only for arguments against an undesigned universe?
trandiode wrote:
Science believes that everything works by Laws both Physical and Mathematical ! If so,Then how can you justify using the term using "Accident" !
I think that you're the one who used the word.
trandiode wrote:
its a huge Contradiction !!! don't you think ?
Yes.

Charlie's

#20823 Feb 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
I can't imagine a divine planner thinking: "Bloody Hell, that Earth is going nowhere with Dinosauri, I wipe all that stuff with a meteor and try with mamals"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr James 14,565
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Uncle Sam 237,766
News Confessions of a black atheist 2 hr Savant 340
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Dogen 18,495
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 3 hr James 153
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr thetruth 1,996
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 8 hr thetruth 23
More from around the web