Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,494

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
rio

Beckenham, UK

#20728 Jan 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there is a god.
He didn't say that.

He said there is much evidence that a god exists.

Most people would agree to that ; atheists are a minority on the planet.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#20729 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
What is a thought ? Nothing compared to a belief
(confidence; faith and trust ) I suggest DonPanic that when you interpret, Do not just interpret the words as singular ! learn how we overall relate to sentences ! Our Nuances ! its getting confusing :)
As long a tought is defined as the act of thinking about or considering something, an idea or opinion, or a set of ideas about a particular subject, beliefs are included in thougt, being an opinion
So that your chatchating is quite senseless
And again your exclamation marks compulsion doesn't add any more sense to your sentences

Charlie's

#20730 Jan 31, 2014
rio wrote:
He didn't say that.
Majority agreement do not transform an opinion into a truth

Charlie's

#20731 Jan 31, 2014
rio wrote:
He didn't say that.
In french "evidence" means and undiscutable proof, so that english "evidence" is translated by "presomption" which is a discutable argument, and up to now, all trandiode so-called evidences are not convincing, further more I find him very clumsy, God doesn't deserve such a muddled lawyer.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20732 Jan 31, 2014
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say that.
There is zero evidence that any god ever worshipped actually exists.

If you have proof, share it.

Charlie's

#20733 Jan 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
I'm not so affirmative as you are, anyways, should a creator God exist, that rises more questions than answers, as the gods defined by different religions seems too humanely conceived, to gegin with Bible's God who is supposed to be at image of man if a man at image of god is true.
There is fun to play with God. Example: If the Universe is the ensemble of all that exists, then God is an element of the Universe, therefore, he cannot have created the Universe.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20734 Jan 31, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not so affirmative as you are, anyways, should a creator God exist, that rises more questions than answers, as the gods defined by different religions seems too humanely conceived, to gegin with Bible's God who is supposed to be at image of man if a man at image of god is true.
There is fun to play with God. Example: If the Universe is the ensemble of all that exists, then God is an element of the Universe, therefore, he cannot have created the Universe.
What evidence is there that any god ever existed?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#20735 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> LOL Typical Atheist, if they cannot completely answer a question satisfactorily they then use diversion to avoid the question altogether ! You failed, Good try though !:)
*LOL* typical theist failing miserable and thinking he has won something

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#20736 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Ah you got your knowledge from Wikipedia didn't you ! LOL ! Try looking a bit deeper than that !
and you get your knowledge from conservapedia

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#20737 Jan 31, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Terry - nice to see your avatar again.
]Hello, Ain't. I am here often, though I do far more reading than posting these days... but I do put my 2 cents in when the mood strikes.

Location hidden

#20738 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> You TerryL have no idea whatsoever on what you are talking about ! Two things that you clearly show are an inability to understand the written word and no idea whatsoever on what you are talking about !
I'll take your complete lack of an actual rebuttal as an admission that you have, at most, nothing.

Location hidden

#20739 Jan 31, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
and just who do you think you are?
"Mr. Big-Shot"
rio

Beckenham, UK

#20740 Jan 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
But the opposite is also true.

There is zero evidence that any god ever worshipped never existed.

Atheists do not have intellectual superiority in this argument; they just like to bark louder !!!

Charlie's

#20741 Jan 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
What evidence is there that any god ever existed?
See Euclide.
Existence of God is a postulate for the believers, a postulate is not to be demonstrated.
Either you accept it, or you build a logical system which is you concept of the Universe without existence of God.
In both cases, the logical systems have to be proven valuable if you don't find any inner contradiction in each system.
Let you accept the existence of a God made universe, then God should have created together the good and the evil. Is it acceptable for someone who believes in a God good to mankind ?
I think not, and clergymen had always very embarassed answers at this question. They had to invent that story of the Tree of Knowledge whose fruits were forbiden to Adam and Eve.

Charlie's

#20742 Jan 31, 2014
rio wrote:
There is zero evidence that any god ever worshipped never existed.
Atheists do not have intellectual superiority in this argument; they just like to bark louder !!!
False because you can definitively not demonstrate the inexistence of a thing.
It is a logical absurdity.
It's up to any who claims the existence of a thing to demonstrate it exists.
rio

Beckenham, UK

#20743 Jan 31, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
False because you can definitively not demonstrate the inexistence of a thing.
It is a logical absurdity.
It's up to any who claims the existence of a thing to demonstrate it exists.
I don't agree with that at all; the burden of proof is on BOTH sides, and atheists shouldn't make the rules so that they suit them.

If something is empty, you can prove it. Anyway, atheists have always avoided proofs, and never explained to anyone satisfaction the origins of the universe, of mankind, etc...

All you get from them is EVOLUTION, which doesn't answer the question. Pressed a bit further, they become aggressive, call you creationist, etc...

I don't like that attitude, nor the constant criticism of people who are not atheists.
I blame intolerance on BOTH sides, atheists and theists.
It's just like everybody is in some sort of mind game, trying to impose his opinion on others. Seems crazy to me.

I have two sons who are atheist, one of my daughter is Buddhist, the other is pagan, my wife is Muslim and I am deist. We get on fine.

Charlie's

#20744 Jan 31, 2014
rio wrote:
I don't agree with that at all; the burden of proof is on BOTH sides, and atheists shouldn't make the rules so that they suit them.
If something is empty, you can prove it.
It's not a matter of your agreement or not. it's a matter of logic, you cannot demonstrate the existence of the vacuum or of the zero, you can only invent it

Charlie's

#20745 Jan 31, 2014
rio wrote:
If something is empty, you can prove it.
You said so, tell how, I can't
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#20746 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> No they are not ! The Placebo Effect is caused by thought alone yet it effects the physical body ! An impossibility to an atheist ! You really must understand a bit more about what you write before you make too much of a tool out of yourself :)
Your brain and body AREN'T connected?

This explains much.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#20747 Jan 31, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a matter of your agreement or not. it's a matter of logic, you cannot demonstrate the existence of the vacuum or of the zero, you can only invent it
He's a troll who picks his side in any discussion based on how he is best able to bait others.

He also likes to invent wives to try and back up his arguments.

E.g he claims to be better placed than most to discuss islam, china or palestine because his wife is Islamic/Chinese/palestinian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 28 min Mikko 1,501
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr One way or another 14,710
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Aura Mytha 234,702
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 6 hr NoahLovesU 1,259
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 8 hr woodtick57 2,848
why? 9 hr Uncle Sam 55
The Consequences of Atheism 11 hr ChristineM 85
More from around the web